[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anybody else glad that he's coming out of retirement?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: sodaburger.jpg (9KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
sodaburger.jpg
9KB, 214x317px
Is anybody else glad that he's coming out of retirement? Even outside of his commercial hits like the Ocean's series or Magic Mike he has made some pretty good movies. I hope Logan Lucky isn't just a brief return.
>>
>>86525797
LUCKY LOGAN LOOKS BASED
>>
>>86526028
Yeah I didn't even know it was him until just a few days ago. Big shift in direction style since he last worked on a film.
>>
>>86526144
>Big shift in direction style since he last worked on a film.
you know he made the Ocean's 11 trilogy right?
>>
>>86526460
The last Oceans film he made was back in 2007 though. I meant that Logan Lucky is different than some of the stuff he was doing leading up to his retirement (Haywire, Contagion, Side Effects).
>>
>>86526573
I see what you mean but yeah he's not averse to these goofy romps or anything. I like his body of work, it's pretty diverse. You could also classify The Informant as a fairly goofy movie, that was 2009.
>>
File: 1493072617878.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1493072617878.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>mfw Magic Mike was actually pretty good

I'll never doubt Sodaburger again. Pumped for Logan Lucky this weekend.
>>
File: Soderbergh.jpg (39KB, 465x465px) Image search: [Google]
Soderbergh.jpg
39KB, 465x465px
Yep, he's a great filmmaker, underrated maybe. Idiosyncratic polymath and real student of cinema. Able to traverse many genres and aesthetics. Even if one of his projects doesnt work as a whole, there's still going to be redeeming aspects.
>>
>>86526627
Yeah totally agree with you there.
>>
>>86525797
>being a soderbergh fanboy

I bet you think visionless directors like David O'Russel and Jon Favreau are great """"auters"""" as well. Fuck off, pleb.
>>
>>86526795
I heard he also edits things for kicks, like he edited both versions of Psycho together.
>>
>>86526976
Soderbergh is head and shoulders above O. Russell. I can't imagine O. Russell making a movie such as Che anything but unwatchable.
>>
Anyone ever watch his B&W, no sound (except for an added score) version of Raiders of the Lost Ark? Apparently he did to highlight how Spielberg's staging and editing decisions. Seems interesting but I haven't sat through it yet.

http://extension765.com/soderblogh/18-raiders
>>
>>86526976
Soderbergh is someone who has experimented with films in interesting ways that Favreau and O'Russell haven't though. If you see his career as Oceans 11, Oceans 12, Oceans 13, and Magix Mike youa re completely ignoring interesting projects like Bubble, Che, and Side Effects.
>>
>>86527564
Sex Lies & Videotape won him the Palme too.
>>
He was retired? He made The Knick only 2 years ago
>>
>>86528076
Technically he did retire. At least that's what he said he was doing after releasing Side Effects and Behind the Candleabra. Here's an interesting article on how he came to work on The Knick and Logan lucky:

>http://collider.com/steven-soderbergh-retirement-explained/
>>
>>86528265
So he said he was retired then immediately started working on something else. Nice. But yeah I'm excited, The Knick is a masterpiece.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.