[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this movie have a deeper meaning or is it just a fun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 7736093674_2e8414a35c_o.jpg (2MB, 2376x3315px) Image search: [Google]
7736093674_2e8414a35c_o.jpg
2MB, 2376x3315px
Does this movie have a deeper meaning or is it just a fun nazi-killing flick?
>>
>>86523509
>Quentin Tarentino movie
>Any deeper meaning

I'm not even trying to shit on him but that just blatantly isn't his thing
>>
It's poking fun at modern culture in general and you in particular by showing the Nazis laughing at a movie about the allied forces getting murdered then making you laugh at Nazis getting murdered, compounded by the fact that the good guys in the movie are objectively more evil than the Nazis.

The meaning is you're a hypocrite and you don't even realise it.
>>
>>86524095
this. it's far and away his most intricate film
>>
>>86523509
>I like old movies
>Heres an original movie with a bunch of scene ripped from old movies that i like
theres your deeper meaning
>>
>>86525676
What movies/scenes did he rip off?
>>
>fun nazi-killing flick

But the Nazi Killing in this movie adds up to maybe three minutes of a two and a half hour movie. And I think three minutes is pushing it.
>>
>>86523509
Germans count with their thumbs
>>
>>86523509
I always thought it was mocking the love of violence and mindless hatred

>heroic german soldier is the most moral
>heroes are basically meathead chads
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-01-31-23h06m40s79.png (562KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-01-31-23h06m40s79.png
562KB, 853x480px
What did Tarantino mean by this?
>>
>>86523509
I just view it as a fun nazi killing flick with good characters. Hell Hans, was a great villain.
>>
>>86525728
1) The shot out of the doorway in Chapter One is taken from The Searchers.
2) The rope burn on Aldo Raines neck is a reference to the ending of The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.
3) Operation Kino references the Russian and German word for cinema.
4) Aldo Raine is named for Aldo Ray who was a character is several WWII films.
5) The film Nation's Pride is an obvious homage to German propaganda films.
6) The character Hugo Stiglitz is named for the 70's exploitation star.
7) The Harvey Keitel cameo is a reference to "The Wolf" in Pulp Fiction.
8 ) The whole movie is an homage to The Dirty Dozen.
9) The three fingers part is taken from The Big Red One.
10) Antonio Margheriti (the name the Roth character takes) is the name of a 70's exploitation directo
11) Cpt. Wilhelm Wicki (played by German actor Gedeon Burkhard) may refer to German director Bernhard Wicki, who directed the anti-war film “Die Brücke” (1959), which was nominated for an Oscar in the “best foreign language” category.
12) Chapter one is a reference to Once Upon a Time in the West. The first scene in both are very similar. They both start with the lady at the blowing sheets and contain a massacre that results in the death of a whole family except one girl.
13) The title references the original movie spelled Inglorious Bastards.
14) Mike Myers’ smallish role as a British general named Ed Fenech, which is a nice little riff on the name of ’70s Italian movie starlet/sex symbol Edwige Fenech, who starred in some of the best giallo thrillers of the era.
>>
>>86525728
15) Le Corbeau: Director Henri-Georges Clouzot’s 1943 film about gossip, misinformation and paranoia in a small French village that turns friends against each other in a storm of suspicion and persecution. The Nazis, smartly sensing it was about them, banned it in Occupied France, so of course it’s featured on a Paris cinema’s marquee in “Basterds.” Improbable in real life, yes, but not in the QT universe.

16) G.W. Pabst: Famous German Expressionist director, mostly known for “Pandora’s Box,” starring Louise Brooks. Another filmmaker referenced in “Basterds” by its cast of movie-mad characters who talk and talk and talk about films when they’re not plotting each other’s demise, the Nazis weren’t fans of his Weimar era “decadence.”

17) Dark of the Sun: A 1968 “men on a mission” movie about mercenaries fighting in the Congo. Stars Rod Taylor and Yvette Mimieux. Taylor plays Winston Churchill in “Basterds.” Meanwhile, a female character has the last name Mimieux.

18) Jean-Luc Godard: As responsible as anyone for Tarantino’s love of running interference between the people doing the viewing and the thing being viewed, pointing out at every turn that this is “CINEMA.” Godard dedicated his French New Wave classic “Breathless” to American genre film studio Monogram Pictures and spent that entire movie framing Jean-Paul Belmondo as Humphrey Bogart. So when Tarantino throws text up onto the screen, like when he identifies “Basterds” characters with big bold blaxploitation-style fonts — anachronisms be damned, he does what he wants — he’s tipping his hat to the master.

19) Brad Pitt has a line of dialogue about fighting in basements a la Fight Club.

20) Fredrick Zoller is at one point referred to as the German Sergeant York, which is a nod to both real life character and the Howard Hawks film.
>>
>>86526073
>>86526141
>too deep for /tv/
>>
>>86526073
Mike Myers role in general is an homage to that type of character in older WW2 films. A lot of them have scenes like that. There was one film I saw that I can't remember for the life of me, but had a character that I'm sure Myers was imitating.
>>
Any movie with a movie/theater as the driver of the story is just cheap critic jerk off material.

Wow a movie about a movie theater, how artistic,.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.