[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does /tv/ hate this movie again? it was one of the most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

why does /tv/ hate this movie again?

it was one of the most enjoyable films I've seen in a long time
the story was not very remarkable - standard action-comedy stuff but everything else was top notch
>>
>>86508827
we dont
>>
>>86508827
>unironically enjoying movies

Back to plebbit
>>
I haven't even seen it yet but it looks pretty gayu
>>
>>86508827
It was enjoyable, but Edgar Wright messed up in the final third, as he does in every one of his films.
It felt like Jon Hamm's character wouldn't go away. And Spacey's just changed completely for cheap emotional impact.
>>
>>86508854
>story was not very remarkable
Maybe that's the reason? Movies are a visual medium sure, but relying solely on that in this day and age just makes for a bad movie no matter how much effort was put into the aesthetic. Hey, even more so because Edgar Wright wrote it, a lot of people myself included expected more than this.
>>
>>86508951
Joe Hamm should have been switched Jon Bernthal going on Terminator.
He clearly didn't like Baby.
>>
>>86508827
>why does /tv/ hate this movie again?
It was well received elsewhere.
>>
>You're special, you know I don't do a job with same people that means you're my lucky charm so you can't leave
>A scene later he's doing a job with the same people

This movie tried way too hard to be cool and fell flat on the face
Not to mention that it was really stupid in general

The music video had much more charm and fun feeling to this movie so that should tell you something
>>
>>86508827
>the action in sync with the playlist was entertaining for 15 minutes
>kevin spacey played a caricature of le typical bossman
>opens with ansel singing like an autist for 5 minutes straight for no reason. it's not even an establishing shot, it's just him walking and dancing to the tune of a shitty song
>jamie foxx was bad
>zero chemistry between baby and debora
>the whole 'makes music out of conversations' was unnecessary not to mention the music was shit
>jon hamm's gf was shoehorned in to move the plot along, you could tell this is true by her lines. they were all complimentary lines (i.e. "you heard the man, i'm in, etc.. and just repeating things other characters said)
>didn't buy jon hamm's love for her
>how in the fuck did jon hamm survive that cop shootout when she died?
>>last 15 mins all of a sudden jon hamm is the bad guy
>shouldve ended when he got sent to prison and not after we find out he served 5 years and got out to his girl waiting for him so that it could end on a happy note
>so many cliche "funny bits" like the shot of the old black womans reaction when her car gets jacked "what the fuck?" WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN IN EVERY COMEDY MOVIE?
>Baby's entire backstory felt so forced. I hate when writers feel like they have to make people care about their characters by giving them a sympathetic backstory. Would've been so much better if we didn't know about his parents let alone shown the same damn shot of them getting into an accident 3 times.
>Also deaf man roommate was unnecessary and only served to further make you feel for ansel's character
>>
>>86508827
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA9lfxbaHvk

cuz it was lame
>>
it was reddit
>>
File: Everythings_Reddit.png (276KB, 392x597px) Image search: [Google]
Everythings_Reddit.png
276KB, 392x597px
>>86509432
>>
File: Baby Driver.jpg (94KB, 851x437px) Image search: [Google]
Baby Driver.jpg
94KB, 851x437px
>bothering to see a 20-year-old behind the wheel, that seasoned, hardened criminals seemingly trust with their money and their lives
>bothering to defend the idiot that made such dreck and expected people to believe it could ever be reality

Hello, millennial. The lead in this so-called "film" (a dishonest one, at that) is completely devoid of anything resembling "character". As you also possess none, allow me to explain.

Character is what's developed over a multitude of years, whether it be from working a shift at an abattoir and having some gruesomely-hilarious stories to tell your coworkers and/or friends, to being a getaway driver who's honed one's craft ALSO over a multitude of years, and probably has some hilarious stories to tell as well. You know - the stories one acquires from having actually lived life, as opposed to primping one's self in an upper-class cocoon one calls "home" and remaining blemish-free for the majority of one's entire 20 years.

Character, anon, that usually manifests itself in lines across one's face - notably the forehead, around the mouth and around one's eyes. Lines that, should another person see them, they would automatically associate those lines with "I bet that person has some stories to tell." In this case, "Baby" has NO stories to tell. He has NO character. He has NO experience, NO interesting facial features and NO charisma. He is Gumby behind a steering wheel. One's immersion is ruined before one even decides to brave such a film, and one is left immeasurably-disappointed by the experience.

Unless of course, one is a millennial who has no idea about what "character" is.

THAT, anon, is what I'm talking about. Character. Do YOU have any?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.