[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good high school shows? Are they all just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: GettyImages-908873.jpg (66KB, 630x400px) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-908873.jpg
66KB, 630x400px
Are there any good high school shows? Are they all just fundamentally dishonest?
>>
Freaks and Geeks is probably the closest to an accurate depiction of high school, and even it isn't that accurate.
>>
>>86506270
Honest shows about high school wouldn't be good, they'd be boring as shit.
>>
>>86506270
>You will never live in the AU where NBC gave Freaks and Geeks multiple seasons, and content that they have a successful show in their belt, Apatow and Feig retire and never work on movies
>>
Bill Haverchuck for President
>>
>>86506270
i dont think they could show penis inspection day on tv.
>>
>>86506270
Realistic and honest shows about high school would be considered "cringy" and boring by audiences. People would say the dialogue and acting is too unnatural even though it's a show about high school teenagers. Sometimes too much realism is a bad thing
>>
>>86506488
>>86506270
This show pisses me off so much
>le real and quirky look at "real high school"
No, real high school is having 0 friends and ignored by everyone. Even when they try to take a "real" look at this shit they sugar coat it and have to force a cute girl in somehow
>>
>>86506270
Danshi no Nichijou.
>>
>>86506631
Unlike your life, shows are meant to be interesting though.
>>
>>86506535
Pretty much this
>>
>>86506270
High school shows aren't going to be hours of the character falling asleep in class, eating lunch, looking at pictures on their phone, and then going back home to jack off. People would just get bored.
>>
>>86506631
Kek go back to /r9k/ chump
>>
>>86506631
lol no anon
i'm a total autist and i had plenty of friends and was on pretty good grounds with everyone in the school, even people on the sports teams that you would assume are dicks but are actually normal people who happen to like throwing sports balls around. it seems like you have the real unrealistic idea of what high school is like for the average person.
>>
>>86507245
If /r9k/ wrote a high school show, it would be so fucking boring and make the cast in 13 Reasons Why look likable by comparison.
>>
Inbetweeners
>>
>>86506631
Anon, if you didn't have even 1 friend in high school, you fucked up tremendously. Even turbo autists who scratch their heads for hours on end at least have a couple fellow autists to talk to during school.
>>
>>86506270
>>86506631
nah, this guy is right, Freaks and Geeks was fucking terrible. I dont know how it got so much praise. Was there even a likable character?

And everyones highschool experience is different. its to hard to relate to show. but its definitely not these le edgy episodic PSA shits they are trying to do
>>
>>86507613
>Was there even a likable character?
Kim Kelly. Went from cunt to best girl through the season.
>>
>>86507383
This. Americans need to get some taste.
>>
File: richeva.gif (3MB, 300x278px)
richeva.gif
3MB, 300x278px
>>86507613
>Freaks and Geeks was a PSA
>>
>>86507683
are you implying it wasnt?
>>
>>86506270
I hate James Franco with a passion and I genuinely hope something dark and life changing happens to him and he loses all his acting appeal in one swoop.
>>
>>86506270
I like My So-Called Life. The most realistic high school show isn't even a drama, Inbetweeners was high school for me in all essence.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.