[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>not on netflix (UK) or amazon prime >no HD rips anywhere,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: buffy-angel.jpg (64KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
buffy-angel.jpg
64KB, 1024x768px
>not on netflix (UK) or amazon prime
>no HD rips anywhere, only SD for Buffy and none at all for Angel

How is this possible for two of the most popular shows of the last 20 years?
>>
>>86499229
Come over to my house and watch the VHS
>>
>>86499229
Buffy and Angel were on Netflix UK for years mate.
Blame haemorrhaging Netflix costs for why they don't pay for the syndication anymore
>>
File: 1492099129271.jpg (109KB, 826x615px) Image search: [Google]
1492099129271.jpg
109KB, 826x615px
>>86499229

I own both of these but I decided to download them recently since the DVD menus on both are absolutely fucking atrocious, and I couldn't find a good quality torrent of either one.

I could just rip them myself but fuck me that's effort.
>>
Why would you want HD rips? They completely fucked up the HD remaster of Buffy and no one wants it.
>>
I have 16:9 HD versions that I'm currently going through. Awesome shows, Angel has a really great aesthetic and Buffy is so fun to watch mostly because of the Spike seasons
>>
>>86499323

All I want is uncensored Buffy in HD

They air on Syfy but they're censored to shit
>>
>>86499381
what do you mean censored? worst thing I ever saw on those shows was Spike cumming in Harmony and hearing the word "bitch" from time to time

there's nothing to censor
>>
>Blu Ray Buffy
Don't do it gotta settle with SD forever man it's not worth it.
>>
>>86499407
I suspect he means they're syndication cuts, they've been trimmed to shorten the runtime so they can cram more ads into the hour.
>>
>>86499407

Anything graphic is censored, even tame shit like beheading a vamp. Also any sex talk or minor swear word like bitch. It's annoying sometimes because lines get cut and then character reactions afterwards to said lines make no sense.
>>
File: sp.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sp.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
this is the quality of the Buffy version I have

is there a better one? this has been more than enjoyable to watch, not only because the show is amazing but the quality is more than acceptable
>>
>>86499229
Isn't that shit for plebs?
>>
>>86499416

Nah I like the higher resolution. The lighting is sometimes off, but I can deal.
>>
Did they ever upgrade Angel to HD for tv like Buffy or is it doomed to be SD forever?
>>
>>86499611
I don't know, I have a great Buffy torrent that I watch (pic is Spike getting BTFO by Giles up there) but my Angel rip is 4:3 and not as pretty and Angel is the show that is MUCH prettier and better shot than Buffy but I can't seem to find a good rip for it
>>
Buffy in SD is the superior version senpai, they fucked up the aspect ratio and most of the special effects as well as basic shit like having the crew in frame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F28XcxHxH6k
>>
>>86499649

where did you download the torrent from?
>>
>>86499582
It looks fucking terrible but w/e
>>
>>86499304
>Buffy and Angel were on Netflix UK for years mate.

a lot of things were on netflix and no longer are. i can see a point in the near future when netflix' entire catalog consists of three episodes of Gilligan's Island.
>>
>>86499229
The HD version that aired on TV was garbage anyway. They reliably used cropped 16:9 in shots where important details would be outside the new frame and open matte 16:9 in shots where you could see camera crew and equipment, the studio floor or actors in hiding waiting for their cue. Also, they forgot to reinsert special FX and colour filters for daytime shots simulating nighttime.
>>
File: exposedneck-muted.webm (1MB, 1920x1078px) Image search: [Google]
exposedneck-muted.webm
1MB, 1920x1078px
I have hd rips from a french channel. there are SOME cuts, especially for season 6 and 7 (anya getting sliced in the finale was entirely removed, also the rape scene in seeing red is shorter) but for the most part, they're perfectly fine, and probably the highest bitrate out of the HD rips i've seen around. Dunno why no one tried to rip it when it was on Netflix. Shame, that is
>>
File: Buffy_CompleteCollection.png (98KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Buffy_CompleteCollection.png
98KB, 400x225px
>>86499707
So what is the best version? I have these versions from back in the day, but they are region 2 and I heard that there was some speed up issues compared to the original US broadcast. Not that I really noticed.
>>
>>86501091
woah that looks beautiful

are there really no motherfuckers who got a good torrent for an actual HD rip of Buffy and/or Angel? for such a popular show it baffles me that nobody has ripped it
>>
TNT used to marathon that shit all day long, they probably still own the rights so only they can show it.
>>
>>86501091

Are they in english? Don't suppose you'd want to upload them to mega and share them with your /tv/ bros would you?..
>>
>>86501628
I second this

at least season 5-7
>>
Why do these shows that came out before HD was a super huge thing have so many rips/versions? I can understand censoring different things, but why the quality changes?

There's so many different examples in this thread, it's honestly strange to me.
>>
>>86501656
>at least season 5-7

ew

S1-3 only
>>
>>86501628
seasons 1, 2 and 7 are french dub only, seasons 3-6 have a secondary english track.
I'll try to look, maybe i still have the original links i've downloaded them from. my upload speed is too slow and unstable to upload all of that myself.
>>
>>86501361
there is no best version, tbqh. every dvd version has some issues.
>>
>>86502048
Guess I'll stick to these if I ever feel like rewatching Buffy/Angel, its as close to original broadcast as I will get.

Just have to hope that they have not gotten destroyed by moisture or something. They've been in storage for the last 5-6 years.
>>
>>86500267
Nah, it's just gonna be nothing but shitty netflix originals in a few years.
>>
>>86499229
>netflix
>amazon
normies...
I agree on the HD though
I recall there's HD Buffy but no Angel
>tfw they said no...
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.