[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any one have a feeling IT is gonna be a surprise hit at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 257
Thread images: 28

File: IMG_3591.jpg (188KB, 1242x1223px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3591.jpg
188KB, 1242x1223px
Any one have a feeling IT is gonna be a surprise hit at the box-office?
>>
Who is that person with Pennywise?
>>
I won't be surprised.
>>
Stop astroturfing
>>
>>86495811

First movie I'll see in theaters in a long while
>>
>>86495811
yeah. my generation grew up on this shit
>>
>>86495811
Yes let's give Hollywood more reason to adapt shitty Steven King books
>>
>>86495811
I hope so. First movie I've been hyped for in a while
>>
File: IMG_3592.jpg (228KB, 1242x1170px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3592.jpg
228KB, 1242x1170px
I appreciate Pennywise not being a clownlet in this movie
>>
>>86495811
>suprise

You'd have to be a complete fucking retard to be surprised by the $500 million plus that this thing is thing's going to bring in. It's Stranger Things mixed with The Conjuring with a topping of 1980s nostalgia on top. Mix that in with the conveniently timed "clown scare" last year and you've got the most instrumentally obvious pop-hit since Star Wars VII.

I would only be surprised if this thing brought in a billion, as it's rated R and the sheep don't care for horror as much as autist-pandering space opera.

It's gonna be merchandising level shit, too. Fukunaga's script has been skinned and quartered into a focus-group approved jizz gargling turd. Prepare your sweaty and eager wallets for an "IT" cinematic universe.
>>
>>86496083
Do you want a ballon?
>>
>>86495851
His dad. Pennywise isn't a creature in the new movies, it's a demon serial killer in the new canon.
>>
>>86496083
Yeah, but will it be a hit?
>>
File: 1501636706749.gif (469KB, 512x807px) Image search: [Google]
1501636706749.gif
469KB, 512x807px
>>86496258
>>
>>86495811
Steven King adaptations are a safe bet, it looks good
>>
>>86496182
YoU'LL floAT TOo

That phrase's use in the trailer soundtrack turned an other wise solid preview into a farce.
>>
>>86495811
>surprise
The trailer got more views than fucking Star Wars, it won't be a surprise at all
>>
>>86495811
I hope so. The last good horror movie was It Follows (the first half) and that was a few years ago
>>
>>86496312
>Dark Tower
>>
>>86496382
>(the first half)

You're a fucking idiot.

You'll probably think I'm calling you an idiot because you like the first half of a film and not the second but still refer to it as "good", and that makes you twice the idiot.

IT is not going to be something new or different. It'll be better than the James Wan trash, but will still sit pretty within the confines of Hollywood programming.
>>
If this gets 90%+ on RT, it will make 750million+
>>
>>86495921

what's his height?
>>
>>86496312
Name two Steven King books that were adapted into good movies.

Don't list The Shining, as it'll make you look like an idiot.
>>
>>86496477
>It'll be better than the James Wan trash
doubtful
>>
>>86496483
i'm going to go see it whether it gets a good score on RT or not. Critics have ruined filmgoing
>>
>>86496483
That has nothing to do with how much money it makes. It just determines whether or not you and your idiot friends wait to pirate it after it's theatrical run.
>>
>>86495811
>surprise hit
No. That would be impossible.
>>
>>86496419
Dark Tower was a good movie, just not a good Dark Tower movie

>>86496506
Stand by Me, Firestarter, The Deadzone, Misery, Apt Pupil
>>
>>86496486
6 even. Other dude is clearly 5'11"
>>
>>86496083

Fukunaga's script was shit mate. I mean it's a decent script in its own right but as an adaptation it's pure and utter trash. This actually looks pretty good so far, and I wouldn't mind a steady stream of decent King adaptations.

>Pet Cematary
>Salem's Lot
>horror anthology in the vein of Trick 'r Treat, featuring his best short stories like The Jaunt, Rats and Crouch End

Sign me up senpai.
>>
>>86496540
Deadzone even got it's own show back in the day that seemed like it had a long run. Clearly some people likes Stephen King's work and think it's enjoyable even if you or even I don't.
>>
>>86496550
I think they want to go for a King cinematic universe, which is why they tied IT and the Dark Tower, and I think I heard Cujo cameoed in The Dark Tower
>>
>>86496506
the mist
Pet sematary
The shining
The green mile
Hearts in atlantis
The running man
>>
Only if they don't puss out and finally add the canon child orgy at the end. It was King's ORIGINAL VISION
>>
>>86496516
It's guaranteed. The fact that it's been made is due to dissatisfaction with the state of theatrical horror films. Firing Fukunaga - who certainly wouldn't have made a masterpiece, but would've at least done something different - solidified this movies spot in the Hollywood Horror genre, but it's still going to pretend like it's a good movie. That'll fool 99% of this board and the fast majority of movie goers out there.
>>
>>86496585
Some of the old King mini series are pretty good. Like IT, The Stand, The Langoliers, and The Golden Years
>>
>>86496356
>Judging movies based on shitty market tested trailers
>Ruining every movie you see by already seeing or at least tricked into thinking you know the style, tone and major plot points
>People you share this fucking board with do this
WTF is wrong with you, you utter faggot.
>>
>>86496506
The Mist, Shawshank Redemption, the Green Mile, Stand By Me
>>
>>86496624
Also Shawshank Redemption, Carrie, Cujo, Dreamcatcher... Steven King obviously has a good track record, and a lot of material ripe for adaptations
>>
>>86496540
Stand By Me and Misery are the only 2 that come close, but are still held back by one thing or another. The rest are trash.

Also Dark Tower was a terrible movie on every level. Not just a bad book adaptation - a convoluted mess of editing-room crunch time that shouldn't exist.

>>86496624
This guy's a lost cause.
>>
Can anyone tell me why everyone compares King to great works of literature and his own works are constantly shit on for being "broad"?

I mean, I can make a thread right now about Zombi 2 and start a decent thread about zombie movies, and no one will think of shitting up the thread with comparisons to W.S. Anderson. But for some reason every time King is brought up (who operates within the same area as horror flicks like Zombi) is somehow held up to other standards. Why is literature the only piece of media that's so hard on simple blood and guts?
>>
>>86496633
>The fact that it's been made is due to dissatisfaction with the state of theatrical horror films
You do know that most people that express that think James Wan is the exception to that, right? He's not a genius or anything but there's a power gap between him and the people shitting out movies like Wish Upon and Happy Death Day.
>>
File: beverlymarsh-it-231285.jpg (90KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
beverlymarsh-it-231285.jpg
90KB, 750x750px
>>86496629
Bev a cute

>>86496718
Meh, I liked it more than I thought I would. But obviously I like King movies
>>
>>86496550
If you read the script, you'd note that everything in the trailers we've seen was taken from it.

The Shining was a pure and utter trash adaptation of the book. Kubrick took the piss out of it since he saw King as the hack he is and decided he'd crush the cunt under an artistic effort greater than anything he'd ever written.
>>
>>86496643
>The Langoliers
It was a really shitty series but something about a planet flying through an empty nothingness activated my fear almonds.
>>
This new Pennywise has to be the scariest movie monster we've seen in years. Literally years. There's two scenes in this movie that absolutely sent shivers down my spine. First when Pennywise possesses the slideshow and we finally get to see his very creepy and mental face in the final scene. What a build-up! I nearly pissed myself.

The other one is in the basement, first we see the excellent performance by Georgie's actor. You'll float too never has sounded more epically scary. And then Pennywise rises from the waters. I jumped in my chair and still do when watching this. I can tell I will be on the edge of my seat in theatres this september.
>>
>>86496762
It's a golden turd. Low budget, good script, decent actors, and the ending is great
>>
>>86496483
>muh rotten tomatoes.
Let me guess, you digest RLM, Doug Walker, Sinema Sins, and Collider too?
>>
>>86496733
In the same way there's a power gap between the guy shitting out things like Get out, Don't Breath and Lights Out and the two non-films you listed.

And most people that express that are idiots who'll watch anything that comes into theaters so long as it has their preferred genre-label.
>>
>>86496083
>Fukunaga's script
I read this, it was absolute, grade A red hot garbage
>>
>>86496731
People who read literature have a constant need to make themselves look smart, and there's no better way to make yourself look smart than shitting on something.
>>
File: 010-the-shining-theredlist.jpg (381KB, 1280x907px) Image search: [Google]
010-the-shining-theredlist.jpg
381KB, 1280x907px
>>86496550
>as an adaptation

who gives a fuck, King is a hack with some good ideas that superior artists should feel free to pilfer
>>
>>86496731
King is not some literary giant but he has written a fucking metric shit ton of novels and short stories over the years several of which are very good stories. You can try and say he is a bad writer if you'd like but really I've never seen any very convincing arguments as to why. Just seems like the typical hated of the popular.
>>
File: ...a nigger?.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
...a nigger?.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
>>86496752
Was this line in the book?
>>
>>86496731
For some reason it's popular to hate on King

>>86496795
I think it's because we've been starved of a descent monster. Think of It Follows, or the Paranormal Activity movies, modern contemporary horror gimp out on the monster, makes it feel unbelievable or nit real. The released scene of Pennywise in the gutter is pretty sick
>>
>>86495811

I think it's a stylish movie that won't find an audience.

The recurring theme of movie failures is over-extension. They budgeted too high and it "fails expectations". Well, you set the fucking expectations. You spent the money. You decided it had to be a two-parter movie (obvious risky gamble, even though this particular case might be the best use of it).

At least they didn't fuck it from the outset by tying the Dark Tower albatross around its neck with some CINEMATIC UNIVERSE bullshit.
>>
>>86496652
Criticizing the use of a little boy saying "You'll float too" in generic creepy voices in a trailer has nothing to do with the things you're talking about. I was saying the trailer failed to effectively market the movie, as I'm sure they're not going to feature a little boy saying a pivotal quote in increasingly retarded voices. He'll probably scream it a bunch of times to lead up to a spook.
>>
>>86496925
Wait, it's two parts?
>>
Didn't the trailer break records or something? I don't know about hits but this is literally the only movie my normie friends are excited about this year
>>
>>86496925
>They budgeted too high
its budget is only 30 mil and people are already way more hyped for it than they ever were for Dark Tower.
>>
>>86496795
This reads perfectly like a Buzzfeed review. Bravo. I grinned.
>>
>>86496752
>>86496843

See what I mean here:
>>86496731

We're talking adaptations of horror books, and you're talking how he's a "hack" that "artists" should rework into "kinos". We're talking horror fiction here friend. They didn't turn The Thing into a fucking character study.
>>
>>86496820
I read it too. It was fine. You don't know much about filmmaking if you think it's garbage. The 1990 IT script was garbage. Star Wars Rogue One's script was garbage. This new IT one would've been fine in the right hands. Instead the hack who made Mama's got it.
>>
>>86496976

Yup.

First part is the kids, second part is the adults and finale. Again, this is probably the best story they could ever use for the two-parter gimmick, but still..

>>86497012

Are people hyped? Really? I see a lot of obvious viral marketing but most people seem to be very cautious.

We're currently in an era where horror movies with 5-20 million dollar budgets and minimal advertising do well. Wiki says 35-45 million. Given the amount of marketing I've seen already I think they're doing more than doubling the final bill, so say around 100 million to break even.

It's definitely doable but it's fucking far from a sure hit. And then they have the other one on a chain tied to it.
>>
>>86496978
admittedly, that trailer is one of the best I've ever seen.
>>
>>86497132
>Given the amount of marketing I've seen already I think they're doing more than doubling the final bill, so say around 100 million to break even.
/tv/ accounting is so funny to see
>>
This is what makes money, look at that fucking multiplier, it's astronomical.

They cost nothing to make and reliably get audiences. Consider that if It does poorly it'll have trouble beating the gross for Annabelle.

I mean that should be a gutpunch to anyone who likes movies because it seems like It at least tried.
>>
File: IMG_5179.jpg (143KB, 900x1255px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5179.jpg
143KB, 900x1255px
Is has Finn Wolfhard in it of course it's gonna be a hit
>>
>>86497152
>/tv/ accounting

The rule of thumb is doubling the budget. How is it unreasonable to assume given it's a two parter franchise, they wouldn't spend a bit more than the average to promote it?

Feel free to insert your cock in your own anus at this point.
>>
>>86497132
It will probably make well over it's budget, but that would suck if it flopped and they canned the second half
>>
>>86497132
>I see a lot of obvious viral marketing
or it's people that are hyped for the movie
>>
Pretty damning that it won't have hilarious racism throughout like every King novel.
>>
>>86497064
Not sure I get your point for linking my (the first) post, or any of the points you're trying to make. First you say Fukunaga's script adaptation is shit, then praise the movie we're getting that's using his script. We use Kubrick as an example of a great film born from the process of adapting a trashy horror novel, and you kind of just argue against this act being practiced.

What's your point? That a movie that adapts a book should give up its chances of being a good movie to keep in line with its source material?

Also The Thing was an action movie made by an action movie director.
>>
>>86497271
The anti-losers are racists. So are a lot of the Derry adults.
>>
>>86497132
$35M budget? The only marketing you and everyone have seen so far is trailers dropped for free on youtube?

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/it-trailer-record-views-fate-of-the-furious-1202020299/

This shit is going to end up making $120-150M at least, just in the US. I think we have a money printer right here, lads
>>
>>86496540

>Dark Tower was a good movie, just not a good Dark Tower movie

LOL, wtf are you even a human or just some bot script ?
>>
>>86497287
I'm not the guy you're responding to but John Carpenter has made horror movies too
>>
>>86495811
Not gonna be a surprise
>>
>>86497287

>then praise the movie we're getting that's using his script.

Hmm? I'm talking about the script where Stan is a goldfish and Pennywise struck a deal with Al Marsh to rape his daughter.

>What's your point?

My point was that horror literature is being held to standards that doesn't match with what it sets out to do, and it's something other media doesn't experience.
>>
>>86497367
I don't consider John Carpenter's horror movies to be horror movies. The man's an action movie auteur. He brought it to all his movies without fail. The Thing was the masterpiece of his style.

I suppose if you consider Gremlins to be horrific, Carpenter's movies fall into the genre too.
>>
>>86496530
He's saying that if it gets 90+ on RT then it also likely will be getting fantastic word of mouth.
>>
>>86497334

>This shit is going to end up making $120-150M at least, just in the US. I think we have a money printer right here, lads

You realize that if a movie grosses $120-150 million at the domestic box office, the studio gets ~55% of that money, rest goes to the theatres, and even less money goes to the studio from the foreign gross.

That said, I think this will do well, and if it does $120-$150 million domestically then that is still good for a movie which cost ~$40 million+promotion.
>>
>>86497436

To add to this, The Shing is indeed a great film. But there are somethings the book does better, including characterisation. The film can only be appreciated in a cold, film-theory kind of way, whereas the book has more heart and overall is more enjoyable. Kubrick is for connoisseurs, King is for the everyday man. Doesn't mean the latter is bad, or that a film adaptation of the latter should always strive for the former.
>>
>>86497472
Halloween is nothing but a horror movie, Village of the damned too
>>
>>86497132
>Are people hyped? Really? I see a lot of obvious viral marketing but most people seem to be very cautious.

Im sure all the trailer views are just from a bot farm in China, too.
>>
Im reading the script now
Its pretty brazy cuz It is just in the kids houses and likes fucking with them to scare them so they taste better and he can overpower them (since It is actually really weak unless they're afraid).

Like It just goes into their house and like into their bedrooms and trolls them all day. Like in that scene he has his brothers corpse and then he floods the basement and makes Will go into the basement and then he sock puppets the bros body and then jumps out like OOOGA BOOGA BOOGA STOOPID DOG and then Will runs away all scare and thats the whole point. sick sadistic childish shit to scare a child that the clown guy actually enjoys doing. hes like that tails gets trolled comic where bugs bunny acts all gay and retarded
>>
>>86495811
I'm just going to wait until it's out on digital HD.
>>
>>86497525
A movie that makes more than 3 times its budget in a single country is a hit no matter how much meme accounting you want spin into it
>>
>>86496585
>some people like his shit
Because those people are normies who watch his movies and not actually read his book and realize he's actually fucking insane. All his books take place within the same meta universe. IT is the same mystical evil god entity who's arch nemesis is a fucking turtle that shows up in the dark tower
>>
>>86497167
Horror fans have the worst taste in the world
>>
>>86497356
What didn't you like about it? I thought Matthew Mcconaughey as the Man in Black was really cool
>>
>>86496249
>Pennywise isn't a creature in the new movies
WHAT? SO NO TURTLE OR ANYTHING? FUCK THAT SUCKS
>>
>>86497436
No idea what you mean by Stan being a goldfish, but the attempted rape scene worked well as a kick-off point for the final assault.

I have no clue where you've gotten this idea about horror literature being held to standards beyond what art is capable of accomplishing. A good movie is a good movie. A good book is a good book. The two are apples and oranges - completely separate art forms.

If the book in question is only being adapted because of the name attached to it and because a shit 1990 adaptation of it is engrained in the collective millennial memory - and not because it's a good book with a brilliant story worth telling and retelling - changes need to be made to make it better. If someone wants to make a good movie, and every director nowadays does, then they need to trim and fluff where they can with stuff like this.
>>
>>86497659
I haven't seen any proof of that one way or the other
>>
File: sh_305.jpg (34KB, 620x467px) Image search: [Google]
sh_305.jpg
34KB, 620x467px
>>86497287
>We use Kubrick as an example of a great film born from the process of adapting a trashy horror novel, and you kind of just argue against this act being practiced.

HERE'S JOHNNY! XD
Le funny Tony voice XD
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy XD
Hahaha look at me frozen head HAHAHA XD

Tell me why this movie isn't pure cheesy schlock. And no, batshit insane conspiracy theories about fake moon landings and Baphomet poses don't count.
>>
>>86497717

>and not because it's a good book with a brilliant story worth telling and retelling

But it is a good book though.
>>
>>86497829
It really isn't
>>
File: 1483718366067.jpg (33KB, 616x347px) Image search: [Google]
1483718366067.jpg
33KB, 616x347px
>>86497783
>>
>>86497783
Yeah, Kubrick is a hack. He should have kept the part where hedge trimmings came alive
>>
>>86497853
>Hasn't read IT
>>86497884
>Hasn't read The Shining
Why are King detractors so pathetic?
>>
File: box office mojo.png (87KB, 998x442px) Image search: [Google]
box office mojo.png
87KB, 998x442px
>>86497603

>A movie that makes more than 3 times its budget in a single country is a hit no matter how much meme accounting you want spin into it

It's called reality of economics, you know that those terms GROSS and NET, look them up.

Just because facts don't line up what your hopes doesn't make them disappear:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

>Production Budget in millions. On average, studios earn approximately 55 percent of the final gross.

So, if IT makes $120 million it DOES NOT mean that it actually makes 3 times it's budget in for the studio, because again they only get slightly more than half of that money.

Only in your dream world where the theatres play these movies without making any money themselves is this true
>>
>>86495811
I kind of do, actually. That latest trailer was fucking fantastic.
>>
>>86497652
It's showing predictable behavior. Let me try
01000100 01100001 01110010 01101011 00100000 01010100 01101111 01110111 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01110100 00101110 00100000 01010100 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110011 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100111 01100001 01111001 00101110
>>
>>86497899
But that's literally part of the book. DUDE LE SPOOKY YARD CLIPPINGS WATCH OUT DANNY!
>>
>>86497899
I've read both and they're both shit. Now tell me how great dark tower is with his insane self insert bullshit
>>
>>86497884
Kubrick actually wanted to keep that part though, he only didn't because technology wasn't advanced enough to do it.
>>86497783
The Shining is my favourite film but your pic almost takes me out of the film every time kek
>>
>>86497941
So you don't have any actual complaints? Did you even watch it? Or are you just a big fan of the books?
>>
>>86497952
HEEEEERE'S JOHNNY! XD
>>
>>86497995
ad libbed
>>
>>86497995
HEEEEEEERE'S LAWN ClIPPINGS XD
>>
>>86498007
So Kubrick was such a poor director that he couldn't even keep the actors from spouting Reddit-tier garbage. Gotcha.
>>
>>86496486
6'4"
>>
>>86498054
xD
>>
>>86497915
I know that, that's the reason we have the "WORLDWIDE gross 2x the budget " rule. If this makes $350M worldwide, and it's not that hard to imagine it will, it's going to make ten times its budget worldwide. Even accounting the distro costs and marketing, that's a ROI of more than 300% before home video sales and tv/netflix licensing. That would be a massive hit, just massive. Expect a King cinematic universe if that happens
>>
>>86498054
What would have been a more iconic zeigest line?
>>
>>86495811
Are people really expecting it to bomb? I was just thinking the other day that this may be the movie that puts horror back on the map. Not to toot my own horn too much, but I usually have pretty good intuition when it recognizing whether a movie will be a commercial success or not. Either way though, the hype is palpable, all over social media.
>>
>>86498080
Jesus Christ go back
>>
>>86495921
he's a big guy
>>
>>86498148
no thanks, I am /tv/ kid
>>
>>86497952

>why is there spooky stuff in spooky books??
>>
>>86498262
He hasn't read the book he's just seen a Nostalgia Critic video of a 90s tv miniseries
>>
>>86498262
>I AM SILLY
>>
>>86495811
No.

Its its going to be a predictable bomb at the box-office.

The first IT movie wasn't that good either, as far as I remember, it was a direct to TV movie.
>>
UGH, another Alice movie?
>>
>>86497138
Which one?
>>
>>86495811
At least in the USA. I doubt the Chinese know the novel or the TV mini-series. But the film itself will be just okay (75-88% on RT with 6.9-7.6 average rating).
>>
>>86498480
how does it feel to be wrong
>>
>>86495811
I hate that clown design so much
>>
>>86498480
The old one was a miniseries, direct to tv, meaning they couldÂŽt translate a lot of the content the book has.
This is a proper movie and is R rated, so they can be more faithful to the book and do a lot of things they couldÂŽt before.
>>
>>86495811
even the teenagers are hypes to see this. i never liked the movie or the story so nuts to that. yes its gonna make bank because creepy clown scares the hip kids
>>
>>86497565
Link to New script? Or are you reading the old fuka one?
>>
>>86495811
Is that Guillermo Del Taco?
>>
>>86498618
yeah

why couldn't they just remake the old one? what's with this edgy reimaginings?
>>
>>86498687
>creepy clown scares the hip kids
>scares
hip kids LOVE that kind of stuff because everyone wants to be edgy and the new clown design appeals to that audience.
>>
>>86498752
I may be too "jaded" as they say but I refuse to believe it can unironically scare anyone besides children and early teens.
>>
I wanna see it but less as a horror but more as a weird, 80s sci-fi slasher movie, i know the whole 80s nostalgia meme is audience bait but i fall for it easily
>>
>>86498718
ItÂŽs not a reimagining, this version is how the book describes it, eyes changing color with a silver suit.
>>
>>86498718
>>86498618
>The clown ... looked like a cross between Ronald McDonald and that old TV clown, Bozo — or so he thought at first. It was the wild tufts of orange hair that brought such comparisons to mind. But later consideration had caused him to think the clown really looked like neither. The smile painted over the white pancake was red, not orange, and the eyes were a weird shiny silver. ... He wore a baggy suit with big orange pom-poms; on his hands were cartoon gloves

Closer to King's vision, plus the book was never 90s cheese like that shitty miniseries, it was always edgy and dark
>>
File: Pennywise's_Evil_Laugh.png (412KB, 450x413px) Image search: [Google]
Pennywise's_Evil_Laugh.png
412KB, 450x413px
>>86499033
>>86499106
>What is the shining?

Just because its closer to Stephen Kangz autistic vision doesn't mean its any less silly.

The direct to tv movie did it right.
>>
they're lucky they have tweens who were obsessed with le killer clowns last halloween to boost sales.
>>
>>86499202
The miniseries is absolute shit dude take off the nostalgia goggles

Shining still stands up because it didn't rely on a sole performance, and it was directed and written by a competent filmmaker

I'd prefer they go their own way rather than strictly follow King, but it's nice to see certain elements of his stuff there
>>
File: IT.jpg (40KB, 640x445px) Image search: [Google]
IT.jpg
40KB, 640x445px
>>86499033
>silver suit
who the fuck called this suit SILVER? It looks faded yellowish-gray, if anything. Come the fuck on.
>>
>>86499276
>take off the nostalgia goggles
But I first watched it a week ago.
>>
File: (You).jpg (49KB, 1000x545px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
49KB, 1000x545px
>>86499908
AND YOU STILL DON'T SEE HOW SHIT IT IS? AHAHAHAHA
>>
>>86499973
>AHAHAHAHA
Opinion disgarded.
>>
I distinctly recall the first miniseries from when I was a kid in the 90s. It scared the hell out of me but I also remember it because it was the first time in my life that I though: "wow this is absolute shit". Like it was the first thing I registered as awful, before that I guess I liked some things over others but I wasn't using this qualifier, I wasn't thinking in absolute terms about the quality of the shit I watched.

That's right friendos, the 8 year old me, the same guy who though the straight for video Aladdin sequel and the Power Rangers tv show were the best things ever, had better taste than some of you right now. Let that shit sink in for a minute. This new movie looks better than that piece of shit by orders of magnitude
>>
>>86499973
Okay, how about the kids portion of the story was pretty shoddily acted and written just to play it safe for a tv audience (which defeats the point of the novel) and then the adult part is even worse, leading to one of the most disappointing conclusions in film history

Not to mention Curry's celebrated performance comes across more comedic with age than it does scary, what does the fucking clown do to "scare" you other than go "boo also balloons and floating" then fuck off? He's meant to be a carnivorous alien monster, not a fucking jumpscare machine
>>
>>86500010
nah not him but youre pleb as hell trying to say that series wasnt shit
>>
The thing that scared me the most was the bleeding photo album.
>>
>>86500089
You were a Pleb then and you're a Pleb now
>>
>>86500200
It's not aged too well desu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kluv4XwwIRE
>>
File: XxMomFreaker2000xX.png (1MB, 825x1217px) Image search: [Google]
XxMomFreaker2000xX.png
1MB, 825x1217px
>>86495811
>>
>>86496731
As another anon say:
Sheer quantity and no "set formula". He writes about everything horror, from any point of view, with every type of ending. That's broad.
Of all the fuckton of novels he has written, it is very, very possible you like at least one.
It's like a kid's tv channel to a kid.
>>
>>86496083
>approved jizz gargling turd. Prepare your sweaty and eager wallets
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>86495811
No
>>
I can't be the only one in thinking that this looks like absolute dogshit...
>>
>>86502531
Nah there are quite a few edgy contrarians out there, you're not alone
>>
>>86500256
MOMS GONNA FREAK
>>
File: pop.jpg (90KB, 940x583px) Image search: [Google]
pop.jpg
90KB, 940x583px
Reply if you have more friends than Georgie

https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1502469774344.webm
>>
>>86503205
That looks so fucking bad.
Why did they have to make him super edgy and tryhard spooky?
>>
File: 1453214179987.jpg (70KB, 615x406px) Image search: [Google]
1453214179987.jpg
70KB, 615x406px
Most of the troubles behind the scenes with Fukunaga behind the scenes which raise a lot of red flags about the studio interference to enthusiasts are not common knowledge to the average movie go-er, and the same goes to their very mediocre choice of director to replace him. Also, to the credit of the studio the marketing for the movie in general has been very good. Couple that with Stranger Things making the "80's kids in a spooky situation" thing trendy again, and I'd say it's an extremely safe bet that It will do good numbers.
>>
>>86496083
>all of this is delusional nonsense posing as an educated guess
people really dont give a shit about IT
it will do the same as any other horror film out at the minute
barely a better draw than annabelle
screencap this and cry about it when youre proved wrong
>>
>>86495921
>me on the left
>>
>>86497152
>>86497196
The rule of thumb is doubling the budget
>The rule of thumb is doubling the budget
it's actually 1.4 on top of the initial budget
also take into account that cinemas take half of every ticket
it'll need more than $100mill to break even
>>
>>86503205
HAWDOGS
>>
>>86497631
Horror fans arn't the ones going out to see these, it's normalfags and teenagers who don't know any better and just want to be spooked by jump scares.

Actual horror fans watch mostly straight to VOD/DVD or film festival stuff put out by IFC, Magnet, Shout Factory, etc. because where all of the real gems are. 99% of the stuff that get's a mainstream wide release is trash.

And like 80% of that trash is produced by the same studio, Blumhouse.
>>
File: it.png (509KB, 1554x631px) Image search: [Google]
it.png
509KB, 1554x631px
>>86503360
>people really dont give a shit about IT
wew lad
>>
>>86503615
thats only a result of the reddit stranger things audience
a group which consists mainly of people with netflix accounts
a group which probably has a large percentage of underage fans
it will do the same as every other horror film once people realise its no different from them aside from nostalgia points
>>
>>86495811
Only because of nostalgia, same as Episode 7 of Star Wars, which was trash.
>>
>>86495811
Damn. He looks much more creepy without this stupid smirk.
>>
>>86503727
>nostalgia points
Force Awakens and Rogue One made billions on that alone. Stranger Things is probably the biggest tv show after GoT righ now. I think you may have the dumbs, bud
>>
>>86496083

It was already part of The Dark Tower universe, as were most of King's novels. But they blew that load early and also fucked it up.
>>
>>86496506

Stand By Me
The Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile

God damn you're dumb.
>>
>>86503882
>star wars is the same as IT
80s nostalgia you dolt. not a specific IP
>stranger things is the biggest show after GoT
orange is the new black brings in more viewers than stranger things, and GoT brings in over 8mill an episode
i think you may have the dumbs, bud
>>
>>86503882
>most recent episode of GoT had over half the viewers of the entirety of stranger things
oh, sweet child
>>
>>86502531
of course not, its just target audience burger kids are gathering in those threads
>>
File: 1496544196036.jpg (38KB, 605x586px) Image search: [Google]
1496544196036.jpg
38KB, 605x586px
>>86503360
>people really dont give a shit about IT

This is Wonder Woman all over again, I can feel it
>>
>>86503205
>there's penis down here

What did ESO mean by this?
>>
>>86504400
>king book with one tv adaptation 30 years ago
>feminist icon in 2017 and decades old globally known main superhero from a globally recognised franchise with countless adaptations
its apples and kumquats
on top of that, one is horror with an R rating, the other is a blockbuster
>>
>>86503205
This looks better than I expected
>>
>>86495811
Why wouldnt it? It will have old fans coming out to see it. New movie goers will be looking for all scary movies in Sept/Oct in prep for Halloween. I mean did anyone actually think it would do poorly?
>>
File: 1501624597404.jpg (25KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
1501624597404.jpg
25KB, 475x475px
is /tv/ actually hyped for this movie?
>>
They're predicting $50 mil and that's early tracking from like, last week. I'd be shocked if it didn't open to more than $55-60.

People under-estimate the hype on it, and given WB's record of opening horror pictures to huge numbers (like last weekend's Annabelle) or the Conjuring films) I think they know how to get asses in seats
>>
>>86504509
Yep, also people who saw earlier screenings all said it was great, so no worries here
>>
>>86504709
>$50M domestic opening weeked
>$35M budget
That's a hit alright
>>
>anons pretending that the TV series was in any way good just because it's old

LMAO.
>>
>>86504784

How long do you think we'll have to wait for Part 2 to start casting?

I bet, based on the likely huge opening weekend, they have something ready to go within the month like an announcement
>>
>>86504400
I think so, too. People I work with have all talked about making it a point to see IT.
>>
What is it about the original TV-miniseries/movie that makes it so creepy?

It might not be a 'scary' movie but there is something very unsettling about it kind of like the original 'Exorcist'. I just cant put my finger on it.
>>
>>86503321

IT was tryhard and edgy in the book. I think the TV series messed up your memory.
>>
>>86505275
people saw it when they were a kid, tim curry had a good performance, clowns can be a pretty scary concept
>>
>>86505275

Nostalgia. It's not creepy at all and Tim Curry as IT is too wacky to be intimidating or scary.
>>
>>86504835
>anything that came out after i was born sux XD
>>
>people saying miniseries was tame while it had scene where kid was folded backwards like a lawnchair as his body is slowly pulled into a pipe

Shit scarred me for life
>>
>>86495811
It is literally all the kids are talking about as far as horror movies go. Its going to do very well.
>>
I really really want to fuck the clown.
>>
>>86506118
how do you know this? are you in middle school or something? highschool? are any of them even allowed to get in? it's rated r
>>
>>86506423
I didnt mean actual school children. Im talking about the youth in general.
>>
>>86506382

Same

Also IT just got confirmed to release in IMAX.

Blockbuster on the way
>>
>>86506579
awshiet that's some good news right there
>>
>>86506579
was it shot in imax?
>>
File: 1365252950544.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1365252950544.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>86495811
>anything that isn't capeshit or Star Wars that does well is a "surprise hit" nowadays
>>
http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a835332/stephen-king-wasnt-consulted-for-new-it-movie/

>Dark Tower director asks King for help
>it sucks

>It director never even contacted King
>It looks pretty good
>>
>>86505317
I never read the book, but him being edgy makes him much less scary.
>>
>>86496550
>Pet Cematary
>Cemetary

you disgust me
>>
>>86507211
IT is supposed to be edgy, its whole point is to scare kids, him being somehow childish and cute in this version is a nice touch
>>
>>86498217
for you
>>
>>86505317

no he wasnt

he was literally every universal monster and paul bunyan and rhodan at somepoint
>>
>>86507211

He feeds on fear, the whole point was him doing his best trying to scare the shit out of every single one of these kids. Turning into werewolves, mummies even the creature from the black lagoon. He was that tryhard.
>>
>>86503205
the actor's got a noticeably foreign accent (because he is swedish). Was Pennywise's accent described as foreign in the book as well?
>>
>>86507290
>childish and cute in this version

You mean the old version. He's nowhere near "childish and cute" now -- nowhere.
>>
>>86507400
He's an alien so it's not exactly a problem
>>
>>86503205
you'll pop too
>>
>>86507401
Yes he is, have you read how many people saying they want to fuck him?
>>
>>86507552
I guess it adds to theme of everything about him seeming "off" upon first encounter, even his accent.
>>
>>86507211
>tfw I don't care whether he's scary or not
he looks cute and thats enough to me.
>>
>>86507290
>>86507359

But a spooky clown isn't scary. A friendly looking clown that might murder you will make you doubt every other clown, and THATS scary.
>>
>>86496795
What is this pasta's origin? I saw it the other day and I think it was longer then. Give me the lore on this.
>>
Post more Bev.
>>
>>86495811
>surprise

The budget to profit ratio on horror movies is enormous, and the first trailer for this movie was the most watched movie trailer in the history of the Internet. Nothing about it will be surprising.
>>
>>86497941
>mfw so bored I'm contemplating translating these codes for "fun"

Fuck me...
>>
>>86499202
DAMN, LANA WACHOWSKI LOOKS LIKE THAAATT???
>>
>>86495921
>that ridiculous head
I wonder if it makes him feel uncomfortable.
>>
I wanna see it
>>
>>86495851

Hot Ones superfan Brett Baker
>>
>>86495878

You're probably being cute but fuck you either way.
>>
>>86496548
kek
>>
>>86496795

OOH WAH AH AH AH
>>
>>86495811
Looks good. I hope it does well.
>>
>>86498618
>>86498718
>>86499202
>>86499033
>>86499106
>>86499295
still missing the yellow bowler hat
>>
>>86497631

It's mostly normies, kids, and niggers who want to see a "scurry movie".

The quality and content is irrelevant if they suffer a few jump scares. It's like a roller coaster ride, they're just paying for the highs.
>>
>>86498079

"Where's The Beef?"
>>
>>86500101
>He's meant to be a carnivorous alien monster, not a fucking jumpscare machine

Oh, the ironing.
>>
Ready for clown kino.
>>
>>86508711
Dark Tower was shit. Traps are gay.
>>
I'll be seeing it at least 8-10 times in theaters.
>>
>>86497012
it was hard to get hyped for the dark tower as they were shiting on the source material from day one
>>
>>86495811
A buncha boys take turns to tap a beautiful little redheaded thing - of course it's gonna be a huge hit
>>
>>86511990
Only one of these statements is true
>>
>>86513745
Nah, both are true. If you deny either one you're gay.
>>
File: 1440036065503.jpg (4KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1440036065503.jpg
4KB, 250x250px
>>86513745
Faggot
>>
File: 1498412116990.png (28KB, 1800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1498412116990.png
28KB, 1800x1100px
>>86506579
>remake
>>
File: clownman.jpg (20KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
clownman.jpg
20KB, 620x400px
>>86495811
yea maybe

aside from one or two kinda dumb-looking shots (like when pennywise rushes directly towards the camera in the clowndoll room), it (2017) looks like it's gonna deliver some tip top horror kino desu

and it seems like it's gonna be pretty inspired visually, too, like how pennywise's eyesockets are empty in the reflection in pic related, and how it's all googly-eyed and shit, visually emphasizing that the clown-thing is just an arbitrary corporeal shape worn like a costume by an eldritch predator from outside of time and space, but i'm partial to subtle neat touches like that
>>
Why did It sometimes call itself Bob Gray?
>>
>>86515087
I really liked the feature of the reflection not having eyes, revealing the artifice of the Pennywise form.
But they fixed it in the next trailer, so I don't think it was intentional.
>>
>>86503205
Just watched this for the 3rd or 4th time and it's gotten better with each viewing tbhfams

SkarsgÄrd's performance is perfectly eerie, off and uncanny, and the whole scene is very tight

I especially like the 'pop-pop-pop', the 'bill's gonna kill you', and the way it hisses like a serpent when georgie leans in at the very end of the clip

color me positively inclined for this flick
>>
>>86496752
But fukunga took the decent dialogue that was basically directly from the book and made it even shittier and awkward sounding. Also his edginess would've gotten the movie a nc17 rating. He does have good cinematic shots though
>>
>>86515312
>But they fixed it in the next trailer
wow, really ?

wel atleast it's still googly-eyed, visually communicating that the eyes are just there for show, like those of a puppet, part of the artifice, and it doesn't acually need them to see
>>
Are the kids circumcised
>>
>>86515510
Saw this clip at the movies this weekend. It's every bit as impressive as you'd expect it to be on the big screen.

My favorite bit is where Pennywise forgets he's pretending to be a clown for a second and just stares a hole through Georgie. Fucking creepy as hell.
>>
>>86496750
have you ever seen a young person and just immediately know by the way they look that they're going to grow up to be degenerates?
>>
>>86507401
>You mean the old version.
The old version is a fat pedo with the voice of a Jewish chain smoker who was evil straight out the gate.
>>
>>86507400

You just had to point out hes swedish because youre swedish too and feel some pride having a swedish actor in such a big movie

I know youre thinking because Im one of your country men
>>
>>86517869
Yes especially when they have those fake nigger nails or walk around with a group of boys or make twerk videos etc etc
>>
>>86496686
Don't forget The Raft from Creepshow.
>>
>>86497884
Kubrick fucked Jack Torrance's entire character arc. He thought he was better than his source material and made some poor decisions regarding what to keep and what to throw out. King's hit or miss, but the Shining is one of his better works (and maybe his best full length novel).
>>86498020
They were topiaries you dumb sperg. Go find a Sneedposting thread.
>>
>>86504870
Calling IT now:
Jennifer Lawrence - The Chick
Seth Rogan - Fat Guy
Mathew McCauneghy - The one who kills himself
Idris Elba in a fat suit - The black kid grown up
Michael Douglass - The Bully but grownup
Ray liotta - the other guy/ old pennywise
Thread posts: 257
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.