[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it. I've had little trouble grasping all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (14KB, 186x270px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 186x270px
I don't get it. I've had little trouble grasping all of Lynch's other films but this one has me stumped. Any ideas?
>>
Trying to run from your inevitable death.
>>
>>86482388
Care to elaborate?
>>
>I dont have cameras, I like to remember things my way

He is all the movie in prison. His mind trying to escape the guilt.

1st part, he invents a story where his wife was murderer by someone else. His mind starts to realize he is the murderer. So he goes further in his lie.

2nd part. He creates a completely new perfect life and character to escape reality. But some shit starts leaking. His sax solo. Some characters. Violence. His guilt and secret catches up with him again.

He goes further down the road of madness before being executed.
>>
>>86482666
Oh,cool. Thanks.
>>
I found this easier to understand than Inland Empire, Mulholland Drive and Eraserhead
>>
>>86484960
this Tbh
it's easy to understand because the guy says "I dont have cameras, I like to remember things my way"
basically that gives away everything
not saying it's a bad thing, but i think Lynch could replace that line for something way more subtle
>>
>>86482666
that's fucking crazy man
>>
>>86482666
>>86482749
disagree. it makes more sense if pullman is the fantasy and getty the reality. pullman's world has much more bizarre/surreal stuff happening in it, and he generally has a cooler life with a more interesting life and more sway over the love interest.
>>
>>86485954
Yeah but the kid got more pusy than a toilet seat
>>
>>86482272
Formerly Found Freeway
>>
>>86485976
based pusyposter
>>86486010
based sneedposter
>>
>>86482464
not him, but i agree with this. I see it as the Kübler-Ross model.
>>
Better than Blue Velvet.
>>
What was the deal with Balthazar Getty's parents and the mysterious "event" that caused his amnesia?
>>
>>86482272
There's no point. It's an escapist fantasy, running from dread of death through self deception.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.