[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've just finished watching the LOTR extended trilogy. Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

I've just finished watching the LOTR extended trilogy. Is it worth watching the extended edition for the Hobbit or should I just stick to the theatrical release?
>>
>>86466993
Hobbit sucks
>>
>>86466993
Maybe watch the first Hobbit if you really care about the material, otherwise don't even bother, you'll just waste your time.
>>
extendeds 1 and 2 are okay

3 is dumpster fire-tier; hackson added way too much ugly-ass CG action shit instead of focusing on expanding the story. It's also criminal that aragon-dwarf's funural isn't included in the theatrical version
>>
File: une grosse wyverne.jpg (116KB, 800x898px) Image search: [Google]
une grosse wyverne.jpg
116KB, 800x898px
>>86466993
Only watch the theatrical release of "An unexpected journey" and nothing more. This way, you'll have the best/least bad of the trilogy with good music and landscapes, as well as Smaug being depicted as a dragon and not a fucking king size wyvern.
>>
>>86467744
3 was never suppose to exist the battle was too be much smaller and apart of the second movie that was going to be named there and back again. It was suppose to be just 2 movies.

When Jackson got fucked by the parent company with 5 months to make the whole movie with no prep time he convinced them they needed to be three and the final one would just be a war movie.

If you watch the appendices for the final movie you can see how little of a shit he gives and just takes any idea from anyone and puts it in the movie mainly because he had no time and lost all the love he had when he did LOTR
>>
i believe there is something like hobbit 1 2 and 3 tied together in 1 4hour movie or so by some guy which you can download somewhere no useless boring scenes need link
>>
>>86466993
watch the 1977 cartoon, then watch the movies if you must.
>>
>>86466993
The theatrical versions are already far too long, why would you want even more of them?
>>
>>86469388
There are like a dozen different fanedits of the Hobbit movies that try to make them watchable.
>>
File: IMG_8605.jpg (35KB, 300x284px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8605.jpg
35KB, 300x284px
>>86466993
Just read the book. You can do it in the time it would take to watch that garbage and you'll actually enjoy it. If you want you can listen to the audiobook. I really like the Nicol Williamson one even though it's abridged. The music is super comfy. https://youtu.be/Ggm7XM-3dF8 There's another version by someone else that isn't abridged too.
>>
>>86466993
The Hobbit extended editions are completely pointless and add nothing worth seeing.
>>
Watch the fan edits, way better than the films.

Maple edit is good.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.