[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of a bastard would allow his wife to be raped and impregnated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: rosemarys-baby.16221.jpg (416KB, 1100x1616px) Image search: [Google]
rosemarys-baby.16221.jpg
416KB, 1100x1616px
What kind of a bastard would allow his wife to be raped and impregnated by the Devil, allow himself to become a cuckold to the Devil, lie through his teeth to his wife, put his wife through misery and suffering as the antichrist grew within her, condone murder, all for a career boost?
Is this one of the most despicable villains ever depicted on screen? The subtleness of it all makes it even more sick.
>>
>>86466217
cult mentality, he was just weak and greedy enough to fall for it
>>
I wish they didn't reveal the devil at the end. Would've been a much better ending if the viewer never found out if the neighbours were cultists.

The reason why I liked 'The Tenant' more than Rosemary's Baby is because the ending was ambiguous.
>>
>>86466217
Just saw this yesterday.
I thought Guy WAS Satan??
>>
HAIL SATAN
A
I
L

S
A
T
A
N
>>
HE HAS HIS FATHER'S EYES
>>
>>86468556
is it really more ambiguous? it feels pretty safe to say at least 80% of the murder-plot is all in his head. Rosemary's Baby is a far better film imo
>>
>>86468592

SATAN is his father, not Guy! He came up from Hell and begat a son of mortal woman.
>>
>>86468556
Notice the pills she puts away, though. It's possible Rosemary goes psychotic from not taking her medication, and imagines it all. The story is told from her perspective, and she's an unreliable narrator. The flashbacks to her childhood show that she has some trauma and vivid hallucinations/dream even before moving into the apartment.
>>
>>86466217
>Is this one of the most despicable villains ever depicted on screen?
Yes. What the husband does is for me one of the true horrors of this film. The conspiracy theories about that building are pretty good too but that's another story.
>>
>>86468592
Does this look like Guy? Guy was a schmuck; he couldn't even look his wife in the eye after letting himself become a cuckold to Satan.
>>
>>86470469
He got dem movie roles though.
>>
>>86466217
>Is this one of the most despicable villains ever depicted on screen? The subtleness of it all makes it even more sick.
Yes. It's amazing, really. I truly hated him.
>>86468556
>Would've been a much better ending if the viewer never found out if the neighbours were cultists.
No, not at all, as then we wouldn't have seen Rosemary finally breaking down and cradling her devil-child. That's easily the best scene of the film, both tragic and horrifying.
>>
>>86468556
>>86470415
WRONG. the point of the film is that you're questioning whether Rosemary is an unreliable narrator throughout until the ending where the worse possible situation is the truth. It is a great play on audience expectations and shocked me more than an ambiguous "was it all in her head????XD" ending that so many films feign for to add false depth / rewatchability and vagueness to a film they dont have the answers to.

Carefully constructed narrative with solid intentions > airey fairey blank canvas "make your own mind up" bullshit
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.