[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What were your thoughts on this movie, /tv/? It's one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: images (1).jpg (52KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
52KB, 480x720px
What were your thoughts on this movie, /tv/? It's one of my favourites for this decade
>>
>>86456663
it's very entertaining but not much more than that
>>
Sports film with drums and a dude with a weirdly shaped neck, Anon.

I still enjoyed it.
>>
it's good.
>>
Miles Teller is a bad actor
>>
>>86459342
agreed but this was easily his best performance
>>
>>86460079
and then he went into his arguably worst role right after
>>
>>86459342
Get A Job is a cinematic landmark
>>
File: Kail Tunan.jpg (298KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Kail Tunan.jpg
298KB, 640x640px
Much like la la land, it's just too Disney. Sure it has some dark and real moments, but the way this movies finishes is just too... optimistic? Not sure that's the right word, but you get the idea.
>>
File: hqdefault (5).jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (5).jpg
20KB, 480x360px
Great film but this is one of the more unrealistic scenes in history
>>
Reminder Fletcher did nothing wrong
>>
>>86456663
Dishonest filmmaking.
>>
>>86463628
To be fair, he also did nothing right
>>
>>86463624
yeah why would he fall for a 5/10 uggo
>>
>>86463757
It wasn't his fault everyone was being a little pussy, he's the type of person that you think is a dick but years later you realize was trying to help.
>>
>>86463553
it's very played out is probably what you mean
the whole thing doesn't feel like a real story, as you pointed out if feels like a Disney movie complete with highly-"scripted" drama moments and over-the-top shenanigans
none of those characters feel like real people, more like exaggerated caricatures
>>
>>86456843
Sports shounen is best shounen
>>
>>86463553
Whiplash is like this guy >>86456843 said. Good acting but formulaic and predictable.
>>
>>86463930
Yeah but there's a difference between "trying to help" and telling a kid he's not playing at your tempo WHEN HE IS.
>>
>>86456663
yeah it's great. To state the obvious, that one guy, the band leader, is amazing. Deserved his Oscar.
>>
>>86464161
He was helping him build grit.
>>
>>86456663
It was ok for a first viewing, but it had nothing to pull me back in for further viewings.
>>
>>86463958
Agreed. A music teacher at a rich nerd school wouldn't act like a fucking Florida State football coach.
>>
>>86463680
Wrong friendo, that was Birdman.
>>
>>86464233
Has nothing to do with the musicality, defeating his own purpose.
>>
>>86456663
its it perfect, I can't imagine the simple premise done better. The movie could be done about any obsession, but jazz music and details on shiny instruments were a good choice.
>>
>>86464254
Yeah it's definitely a one and done type of movie.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.