[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>browse /tv/ >everyone shits on Wes Anderson >watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: grand budapest.jpg (96KB, 1020x680px) Image search: [Google]
grand budapest.jpg
96KB, 1020x680px
>browse /tv/
>everyone shits on Wes Anderson
>watch pic related
>its actually good

Why do you hate him?
>>
1 note meme director
i like him tho
>>
The artist was better nostalgia core
>>
>>86455991
>it's actually good
>>
It's excellent, he's a great filmmaker. Because of the eccentric characters, colors, maudlin/twee content and critical praise he triggers the /tv/irgin.
>>
>>86455991
He's good just entry level, so contrarians distance themselves from him to pretend they have any semblance of taste.
>>
game of game
throne a throne a game
>>
>>86457962
>entry level
>because he's well liked, he's entry level
>also, i've never seen the films which inform his style
>>
Now watch Life Aquatic, Royal Tenenbaums, Moonrise Kingdom, Rushmore, and the rest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDinoNRC49c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b87B7zyucgI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ3dtPlD-8Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QzOuoaE7u4
>>
>>86455991
His films are great on the first viewing but they don't really have rewatchability (I don't know if that's even a word).
>>
4chan's favorite thing is to shit on things that are personal. People have a personal and intimate attachment to wes anderson movies. It has nothing to do if something is good or bad as long as they feel that they've hurt somebody's feelings.
>>
>>86460318

That's not by any means a problem exclusive to 4chan. Any kind of emotional sincerity is seen as sentimentality and any sentimentality is seen as weakness. There's a reason dry, detached irony is what defines our zeitgeist.
>>
Wes Anderson gets shat on because all his movies are the same. He's basically the McDonalds of film directors. Nobody goes to see a Wes Anderson flick because they wanna see a good movie, they go to see it because they're in the mood for a Wes Anderson movie. Just like nobody goes to McDonald's because the food is good, they go for the consistency or because they're craving a big Mac.
>>
>>86455991
He's hit and miss and his sensibilities are often not very universal. Some of his films seem even designed to appeal to a very specific kind of rich white sheltered people.
But yeah, The Grand Budapest Hotel is great. His best since the The Royal Tenenbaums, in my opinion.
>>
>>86460413
The reason that defines the times is that people in the 30 to 18 year old range are isolated, fragile and constantly intruded upon but feelings of being utterly worthless. They resent anything that attempts to show worth or value and scramble over each other to attempt to tear it down. All that's left for these people is detachment, isolation, irony and the void.
>>
>>86459763
those were fun
>>
>>86461424

I'm not sure if that's not too harsh on them. I feel many young people are just dissapointed with the way many things are turning out. I mean, many have seen well intentioned ideas collapse in fron of their eyes.

It's desillusioment, more than anything else.
>>
>>86458041
>good films are entry level
>you should start with good films
>>
>>86455991
>Wes Anderson flick
>string pizzacato
>>
The Grand Budapest Hotel is unironically one of my favorite films ever made. I'd say its in my top 3.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.