[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Game of Thrones an acceptable, normal form of entertainment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: Il8mjVO.jpg (107KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Il8mjVO.jpg
107KB, 960x640px
Why is Game of Thrones an acceptable, normal form of entertainment yet World of Warcraft is considered nerdy/taboo?
>>
video games still aren't mainstream
>>
A generation that did not saw video games in its youth has not yet died
>>
>>86454604
Baby boomers spent all their time at arcades so I presume you mean older than them
>>
>>86454739
yeah, the oldies just look at the kids playing games and thinks its infantilism to show any interest
>>
Video games are still seen as non complex brain dead forms of entertainment, the look at them has not changed since the Atari days, this is why when you see someone playing games in a movie or a shower they just keep button mashing as that's how Atari was played, it just looks like brain dead clicking.
>>
>>86454947
still better than watching got
>>
>>86455195
Video games are good and so is GoT
>>
Panders to normie interests.
>>
>>86455208
still
videogames > got
>>
>>86455237
checkmate.
>>
GoT is the lowest form of entertainment. I know a retired war veteran who says it's the only good show on TV.
>>
WoW is normie as fuck since Wrath
>>
>>86454178
horde? no! fuck the horde!
>>
One is a computer game and the other is a major HBO production with le ebin drama, yas queens and sax.

I am sure Warcraft could become a TV series that appeals to the normies as well, but as of now it's computer games and a nerdy movie.
>>
one is based on books (intelligent)
one is based on vidya (dumb)
>>
File: intothetrash.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
intothetrash.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>86455208
>and so is GoT
stop lying
>>
File: WarCraft_Metzen004b.jpg (80KB, 500x654px) Image search: [Google]
WarCraft_Metzen004b.jpg
80KB, 500x654px
>>86454178
because warcraft past waracrft 2 became too horde friendly, the concept of anhonored and misunderstood horde is retarded at best, specially considering all the retcons and whatnot.

Had they kept a more rational aproach to the orcs it would better overall, considering what has happened in dreanor before they entered azeroth one just can't go past it..

No way they'd simply be put in prision cams after what happened in stormwind too.

that and orcs were too far bigger in the movie, considering the size that humans are depicted.

Good thing they did justice to the dwarfs, they may be the best ones yet in a fantasy movie.
>>
an hour a week vs huge portions of your life
>>
becuase the people who orinally touted the series
and hyped it to their friends
mainly only when season 1 premiered where people who read the books.

then alot of the poeple who got turned on to game of thrones picked up the books.

anyone picking up the show now that its in its 6th or 7th season will not pick up the books most likely.

WoW wasn't based off of a book. It was based off of other video games.
Niche RTS video games.
With Lore up until then which amounted to about 150 pages.

Also its easier to absorb information in the movie series.
When you talk about WoW lore, you have to have scrolled passed so many quest logs and chat boxes that no one really does in those video games. Which means to be an expert on WoW lore you have to be an autists that reads every single quest box.
This is not the case for game of thrones.

In fact having HBO access is pretty "alpha"
>>
More importantly how come Runescape is somehow considered less cool than WoW when it has better lore and it just more fun in general
>>
>>86456276
Actually there are sveral novels detailing warcraft as well as the chronicles tomes which vol.3 will drop next year
>>
>>86454178
/V/ shit out, leave my board you reddit tier piece of shit REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>86458083
this tbqh
>>
>>86456006
Eat shit, alliance faggot!
>>
Why did Hordor get a face tattoo?
>>
>>86458281
thought that's what horde does, all those animals and all that.
>>
>>86458906
>comparing eating animals to eating shit
Ah, you are one of those... Ok, sorry. My bad for making fun of disabled person.
>>
>>86456006
This post is why WoW is considered nerdy and taboo.

Because to anyone who doesn't play WoW, this sentence doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
>>
Because World of Warcraft is SHIT.
Literally the only reason people care about Blizzard is because nostalgia. All those children grew up on old school Blizzard games and now that they grew up continue to slurp of whatever Blizzard shits out.
D3? Shit
Starcraft 2? Shit.
Overwatch? Shit.
WoW? It was ALWAYS shit. It was never good. You were just a child with too much free time to recognize the skinner box for what it was.

Blizzard could literally start selling shit in a tin can and millions would still buy it.
>>
>>86454178
one came before the web2.0, the other after
>>
>>86459478
>people dont like what i like. waaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>86460268
You can say that about anything, so it's a meaningless statement.
>>
>>86459478
Overwatch is fun
>>
>>86454178
Because its too high fantasy. Lord of the rings is still considered pretty nerdy, but more acceptable because the high fantasy is less gay than Warcraft tier.

And plus the movie sucked balls so no normie will give it a pass
>>
>>86459097
dogs eat their own shit you fuck face.
>>
Marketing.
Branding.
Focus groups.
Demogtaphics.
Business models.
>>
>>86454739
arcade machines are toys
>>
Game of Thrones is a pretty big deal, there are like tens of millions of fans, people know what it is even if they don't watch it.
World of Warcraft is a computer game which hardly anyone plays anymore. It evokes images of strange middle-aged men crouching over their keyboards by the light of their monitors, yelling at each other through teamspeak
>>
is that a sylvanas tattoo
>>
>>86454178
WoW has too much fantasy.
GoT has it sprinkled in here ant there but mostly it's just normal.
WoW has portals n shieet. Orks are from another planet. Can't expect normies to understand that and to be honest I really don't care about WoW lore myself.
>>
>>86461078
But dogs (vorgens) are in alliance, mate
>>
>>86461450
yes
>>
I want Hodor to show me his one-eyed raven
>>
>13 hours a year

vs

>13 hours a day
>>
>>86456276
There are more Warcraft novels than Game of Thrones novels.
>>
Fuck off, GoT is literally WotLK
>>
>>86461707
>13 hours a day
Pathetic.
>>
>>86459102
Pretty much this. GoT episodes can be summed up if you explain the premise "everyone is self-serving". With Warcraft you're describing things that have no basis in reality whatsoever. Everyone can understand the basics of something like "Robb Stark made a lot of enemies and they caught him with his pants down" if they consider the premise given above. "Illidan Stormrage was fighting Arthas and it was so fucking awesome it nearly flooded the world" is not. What does that even mean?

Illidandindunuffinwrong
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.