[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BvS thread. Post allegories, parallels, symbolisms, themes and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

File: batman.jpg (524KB, 1573x2241px) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
524KB, 1573x2241px
BvS thread.
Post allegories, parallels, symbolisms, themes and your interpretations.
>>
File: Bvs TC vs UC edition.png (721KB, 724x1006px) Image search: [Google]
Bvs TC vs UC edition.png
721KB, 724x1006px
>>
>>86451469
>post brain damage
Do we have to do this every day?
>>
File: BvS Theroux LvJ DoJ.jpg (129KB, 659x741px) Image search: [Google]
BvS Theroux LvJ DoJ.jpg
129KB, 659x741px
>>86451762
you're welcome to hide the thread and piss off, no one's asking you to stick around.
>>
Bump
>>86451551
Post more
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-01-08-01-39.png (404KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-01-08-01-39.png
404KB, 1080x1920px
>>
>>86451469
Nolan: you should lie to the public to keep them happy and sated.
Snyder: the people deserve to know the truth, no matter how ugly it may seem at first.
>>
>>86453019
>the people deserve to know the truth, no matter how ugly it may seem at first.

I dont get it. What is the truth that people deserved to know on Bvs?
>>
>>86453271
That Snyderkino is too much for the people to handle
>>
>>86453271
Capeshit sucks.
>>
>>86453271
For the public, that the government can be easily manipulated by big guys like Lex Luthor, the media won't always be truthful in their reporting. For Batman (and the audience) that you shouldn't jump the gun against your scapegoats; sometimes people you think are your enemies aren't actually bad guys. For Lex, that power isn't inherently evil. For Superman, that sometimes a more rough approach is necessary for the decrement of justice. For Wonder Woman, that you shouldn't give up on mankind due to a few bad eggs.
>>
File: IMG_0711.jpg (136KB, 636x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0711.jpg
136KB, 636x682px
>>86452880
I like that analysis. I don't agree with all of it because of what pic-related suggests, but we're very much on the same page.

I think we're going to find out that Luthor had some kind of deal arranged where he gets to be the government liaison and benefactor of the League in exchange for turning Superman into a criminal.
>>
File: IMG_0128.jpg (140KB, 1280x1064px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0128.jpg
140KB, 1280x1064px
>>86451469
I like how the order in which the trinity is introduced is suggestive of what they represent in terms of fictional/mythical heroes. I also think the approach they're taking to expanding their world is interesting.

First, we get Superman, the modern superhero, and the youngest of the three. When we first see him in Man of Steel, we're given no indication that this is anything other than the same sort of setting Nolan used for his trilogy. Other than Clark and his fellow Kryptonians, it seems like a very grounded, mundane world.

Next, we're introduced to the Batman, the veteran crimefighter, and Clark's elder. Bruce represents the sort of pulp characters that inspired the Batman's creation, and he, like them, is not so grounded a character as the Bat portrayed by Nolan.

And lastly, we meet Diana, the representative of the mythic heroes and demigods of the past, the larger world both Clark and Bruce had both been living in unawares. These successive revelations place the DCEU firmly in a world where our heroes, myths, and legends are all very real.
>>
File: IMG_0701.jpg (317KB, 645x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0701.jpg
317KB, 645x2208px
>>86453679
I like how Lex, the poster child for Fake News is holding "the World" hostage with his Russian accomplice. Seems oddly prescient.

Also, I like how even journalists *not* in Lex's pocket still dance to his tune. You hear that when someone st the Planet is contemplating an article spinning Superman as responsible for the Senate bombing by simple virtue of not preventing it. I think that's one of the first things that made me stop and question what Clark, or more accurately Superman, represents from an allegorical perspective.
>>
Is anyone still excited for JL? I can't be seeing the WB cocksuckers treat our guy like that. Geoff Johns is cancer.
>>
File: IMG_0717.png (919KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0717.png
919KB, 1024x768px
>>86457135
I'm still very hopeful. I'm doing my best to not let rumor poison the well for me.

The other day I realized that Wally's "False God" scene and pic related. When a false god falls, both worshiper and iconoclast alike are likely to fall right along with them, especially those who try to try to climb too high. Just look at Lex.
>>
File: IMG_0397.jpg (196KB, 1943x1464px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0397.jpg
196KB, 1943x1464px
>>86451469
I think the New Gods are going to take a special interest in Clark for pic related. It's the culmination of the allegory that's been running since MoS.
>>
>>86451469
>DUDE! Post head canon and no will know the difference because the movie made zero sense lmao

no thanks
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.