[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some goof Revolutionary War movies? The hollywoodness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Patriot_001-550w.jpg (161KB, 550x436px) Image search: [Google]
Patriot_001-550w.jpg
161KB, 550x436px
What are some goof Revolutionary War movies? The hollywoodness of pic related gets old after awhile. I'll take movies that focus on either side
>>
>>86429446

Watch John Adams on HBO
>>
I've wondered the same. I don't think there are any.
>>
>>86429446
Opee, the revolutionary war was a terrible time in history.

Do you not understand me? History is a terrible thing. It is written by humans, to detail the origins of the conflicts which humans have been subjected to. The human perception of time is linear and three dimensional. We cannot be trusted to say anything of history, or indeed, our own memories - we should look to the future, and become our own people.
>>
>>86429446
Just watch Braveheart and pretend the guys in skirts are the Americans
>>
>>86429479
This
>>
>>86429446
There are none because the ideas of the revolutionary war are antithetical to what mass media is selling.

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government.
>>
>>86429479
I saw bits of it when it first aired and I thought i remembered it taking place right after the war was over. I'd still like to rewatch it though regardless

>>86429545
no
>>
>>86429678
Do not blow me off with a negatory, you ridiculous subhuman.

>>86429661
I propose we alter the system laid bare within this document and become the living embodient of the law of order and chaos - we become our own conflict, our own universe, our own Gods. This is the true red pill.
>>
>>86429446
>>86429611
two dogshit movies with Mel Gibson

>>86429479
this is your best bet
>>
File: 1496332456329.png (146KB, 562x504px) Image search: [Google]
1496332456329.png
146KB, 562x504px
>>86429842
Yes reading the declaration makes most people libertarian for a few minutes.

>it is their right, IT IS THEIR DUTY, to throw off such govetnment
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.