[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This question has always bugged me but I was always too afraid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: cinema-chair-250x250.jpg (9KB, 250x191px) Image search: [Google]
cinema-chair-250x250.jpg
9KB, 250x191px
This question has always bugged me but I was always too afraid to ask.

Why do cinema seats have pencil holders on the armrests? Is it a tradition thing?
>>
>not jotting down notes to better understand and study kino
>>
>he doesn't take kinotes during his kino
>>
>>86419836
It's for movie critics.
>>
>>86419836
They're for your drinks. You should always use the one on the left, but it is acceptable to use the right if someone less considerate of your movie-going experience takes the one on your left instead.

Least that's how it is in glorious hamboigah land.
>>
>>86419933
OP is american, he always gets the big cup, which is far too big for the cup holders
>>
>>86419933
You drink in the cinema? That doesn't sound very hygienic. What about the noise?
>>
>>86420023
You sip with a straw. Unless you have beer, but not all theaters serve beer here. The most noise you'll ever hear is some idiot sloshing it with the ice inside the cup, or them continuing to sip their drink when there isn't any left, so it's just that terrible slurpy noise. Thankfully, it just doesn't happen that much. But yeah, that's why we have the holders -- they're for your drinks.

You think that's weird for us Amerifats, I've literally been to a theater where they serve Whitecastles along with popcorn and soda. I doubt there're many Whitecastles outside of America, but trust me when I say they are not what you want to eat when watching a movie.

Our theaters are weird compared to other countries. Some are good, some are not.
>>
>>86420211
If anyone else has questions about American movie shit, I guess I can answer those too.
>>
>>86420204
I wouldn't go to a theater if there were niggers in there
>>
>>86420249
Why do your cinemas have showers?
>>
>>86419903
>writing
>in a dark theater

BTFO
>>
>>86420249
Why do Americans clap at the end of movies?
>>
>>86420420
Because feeling emotions isn't illegal like it is in yurop
>>
>>86420339
What? That's a first. Most cinemas in the U.S. don't. That's not a normality. Our gas stations do, though for truckers, but at a movie theater? That's not common.

>>86420420
This one I can answer. A lot of the time, we don't. A lot of the time, we do. It really depends. It's not out of formality or anything. It's just people start clapping if they do or don't. In American theaters, we generally allow ourselves to have more fun with the cinematic experience. If something funny happens and enough people laugh, so will everyone else. If every is in a good mood and had fun watching the movie, they'll clap! It's a little like >>86420492 this is. We are more emotive and responsive to the movie being shown. Unless we all keep to ourselves. We clap if we enjoy it, and others will join to make it less awkward, too.
>>
>>86420492
Everyone feels emotions, but only women and faggots show them.
>>
>>86420375
>not activating your seat lamp

i bet you didn't even know there were seat lamps. LOL BTFO BTFO
>>
>>86420604
Why are you such a newfag?
>>
>>86420793
Keep talking to me like that and I'ma have to close the pool on your ass so it doesn't get aids.
>>
>>86420863
woah epic old school meme you must be a fellow oldfag not a normie (normal)
>>
>>86420420
I ironically start slow claps after every movie just to see if people will join in. have about a 40% success rate
>>
>>86419836
I admit anon, I chuckled.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.