[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>all the mysteries hinted at in season 1 >just thrown out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: p13757733_b_v8_aa.jpg (675KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p13757733_b_v8_aa.jpg
675KB, 960x1440px
>all the mysteries hinted at in season 1
>just thrown out in season 2
I'm only two episodes into season 2, but I'm getting frustrated with the show. It's like there's an elephant in the room between the writers and the audience. Is there a mystery here? Was the disappearance a lone event and everything else is just people going crazy or are weird things still happening? Are some people more keyed into the weirdness of the world? If there was a plague that hit instead of the mass disappearance, I would enjoy this show. And I did enjoy season 1. I don't mind a show going slowly. But they scrapped everything. Right now it's just a giant cocktease.
>>
I'm on season 1 at the moment and yeah, it's a bit frustrating but I really like it. I hope that most of the shit will be answered by the end of the show though
>>
>>86415721

It's LOST all over again, the writer had no idea what actually happened and just spent the whole run of the show trying to write himself out of a corner. Also, they flat out explain exactly what happened in the last episode, thus removing what little interest the show had.
>>
>>86415721
Well, as the song goes, OP, let the mystery be.
>>
>>86416689
I was recommending to someone, and after the first season finale I said "hold off, it might be LOST without the fun."

>they flat out explain exactly what happened in the last episode

Last episode of the show? Last episode that aired? That's a bit of a bummer.
>>
>>86415721
>>86416566

>the show's over but there's still MUH MYSTERY SPOONFEEDING fags loitering

I'd suggest you drop the shows because I know you won't be satisfied, but you're probably the type to hatewatch something anyway. Dig your own grave, but don't whine about it here
>>
File: oy.png (2KB, 23x579px) Image search: [Google]
oy.png
2KB, 23x579px
>>86415721
>Is there a mystery here?

Nope, it's just another Lost, another X-Files.

They know they can sucker people into years of speculation and then end the show with no resolution or answers even after baiting people into thinking "it's all thought out ahead of time, all clues matter".

It never does. But people don't wisen up so they can sell the same horseshit again and again. Sycophant fans take care of the rest and rationalize wasting their own time with "I enjoyed the ride" or "it was always about the characters".
>>
Fuck off if you want the mystery to be solved. The show's not for you, it's that simple.
>>
>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah explain the mysteries to meeeeeeeeeeeee
go back to /r/television
>>
>>86416969
X-Files and LOST were fun though.

desu, I'll finish watching it a little happier at least knowing there isn't a payoff. For the past four episodes I've been feeling they didn't know what they were doing.

>>86417047
It's not just the big mystery, but all the little ones as well. If they just wanted a drama about how people reacted to a surprise mass tragedy, they could have done something mundane and it could have been a good show. Teasing that there's something huge without actually approaching it is just fully retarded.
>>
>>86415721
But no one knows for certain
And so it's all the same to me
I think I'll just let the mystery be
>>
>>86416848

Last episode, yeah. I mean at least they didn't go full LOST, but the "explanation" was as dumb as you'd expect from an "oh shit we have to actually explain this now???" type of writing.
>>
>>86415721
let the mystery be, pleb
>>
>>86417209
>For the past four episodes I've been feeling they didn't know what they were doing.

They had no clue. This is the kind of show where they write a pilot and pitch it without ever thinking the premise thru of having any idea where they want to take it.
>>
The departure doesn't even need an explanation. The only thing that matters is that it happened. Why or how is irrelevant. Knowing why or how it happened won't change or add anything.
>>
>>86416969
>>86417047
>>86417209
>>86417301
>>86417376
Jesus Christ. Americans are dumb.
>>
>people actually take Nora's explanation as fact

Isn't the whole point of the show that people leapt at dogma, pseudo-science and cults in order to help themselves understand the world they were living in?

I don't see how Nora's understanding of the Leftovers is any less valid than Kevin's, Meg's, etc.
>>
>>86417709
Nora was lying for sure.
>>
>>86417709
>>86417754
It wasn't so much that she was lying or not, it was that Kevin believed her.
>>
>>86417709
any more valid*
>>
>>86417709
People take it as fact as in desperation to give themselves some sort of closure for the "mystery" in the show which was never meant to be explained and is only secondary to the emotional links between the characters.

Ironically this what the show is talking about as you mention. They need a simple explanation to reason them watching this series just as the characters wanted one to move on with their lives. Like you mention, Nora's story is just a way for her to move on from her family, it's not important if it's true only that she truly believes in it.
>>
S1 first half - 7.5/10
S1 second half - 9/10
S2 - 10/10
S3 - 10/10

amazing show
>>
QUICK! What's the best episode of The Leftovers?
>>
>>86417989
I'm sitting in the railway station...
>>
>>86417989
International Assassin, or any of the Matt episodes.
>>
>>86417989

I know it's the popular choice and whatnot, but International Assassin is seriously one of the greatest episodes of any tv show ever.
>>
>>86417906
Her and Kevin. Kevin must also believe in the story to know that Nora has moved on.

>>86417989
Every Matt episode.
>>
>>86417989
Any episode with Patti. The actress was out of this world. And didn't even win one award or get nominated while GoT fags got nominated. Madness.
>>
>>86418256
Dude, she literally got an Emmy nomination this year for the show.
>>
>>86418335
Exactly, this year only. Should've been nominated and won everything for years. Why Emilia Clarke gets nominated and not her?
>>
>>86417989
International Assassin

Also: the last episode
>>
Friendly reminder that season 1 is based almost entirely on a novel written by a competent author, while seasons 2 and 3 are Damon Lindelof OC
>>
>>86419120
The author wrote most of the episodes of Seasons 2 and 3 as well. What are you on, son?
>>
>>86417505

They actually have no idea what this show is all about and they ACTUALLY believe Nora is telling the truth.

These people make reddit seem like the fucking intellectual elite of the internet...
>>
>>86419446
To be fair, 4chan isn't smart either a lot of the time.
>>
Funny how Matt ended up being the only one in the end to let go of all false beliefs and just accepted things being how they are. Nora had to write a sci-fi fanfic in her mind to be at peace, Kevin did the same thing, but it was a supernatural spy thriller or whatever
>>
>>86419618
nah kevin did comeback to life though,

part of me hoped as i watched it that kevin was the second coming of christ or some shit dunno would be interesting
>>
>>86416566
>I hope that most of the shit will be answered by the end of the show though
>>
>>86420005

Not really.
it was ambiguous, but there is more evidence supporting the skeptic view of the series, and it matches better with the themes of the show.
>>
File: ewww.jpg (71KB, 638x960px) Image search: [Google]
ewww.jpg
71KB, 638x960px
>Every leftovers thread people come in complaining because they expected an answer and felt mislead by a show whose producers, actors, and writers literally came out and said MANY times both in the show and interviews that the show will never explain it and that explaining the disappearance isn't what the show is about
>>
>>86417505
Thank you so much.. I was beginning to question my sanity till I saw someone else call out those cunts..
Also this colossal faggot right here >>86416689
>>86417301
>>
>>86420665
>>86420665

They're plebs of the highest order and are best left to their GoT threads.
>>
>>86417505

obsessed
>>
>>86421631
But anon, I'm an anon who likes GoT and The Leftovers.
>>
>>86420665
Seriously, it bothers me that a show of this caliber would have such ignorant 12 year olds throwing this type of criticism on it.
This is exactly why we can't have nice things.
>>
i fucking hate religion but matt episodes are based
>>
>>86417989
International Assassin. I still rewatch it at times, it's up there with Signal 30 from Mad Men for me.
>>
Nora's explanation is a total lie. It's what kevin wants to hear. We don't know if he believed her or not. But that's not important. He decided to say he believed. An echo of the whole show, people decide to believe in lies because the unknown is more terrifying. The show is great. Some plot points going nowhere is silly but the storytelling, aesthetic and writing make up for it anyway.
People here actually believing Nora's ending are retarded.

The show essentially advocates or at least explains willful ignorance and religion for those that actually don't believe in it. Because the dogma, the formality, the explanations all make life more bearable.

But these idiots not understanding the ending are the blind sheep following the dogma and religion without knowing the lie behind it.
>>
>>86415721
It only gets worse. Drop it and move onto something else.
>>
Season 1 is great. Season 2 is shit. Season 3 is even worse. So much potential, but ultimately a huge disappointment of a show.
>>
>>86420389

oh fuck off, are you kidding? I hope those fuckers at least explain the overall story, goddammit. I don't want no symbolism bullshit
>>
>this entire thread

is this what happens when plebs try to watch kino?
>>
>>86416689
moron, that entire explanation at the end hinges on Nora, who is completely unreliable.
Summer can't end soon enough
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.