[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I get that this intro is a meme, but I have an actual question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: v1.jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
34KB, 300x300px
I get that this intro is a meme, but I have an actual question about the opening of Dark Knight Rises. Why did Bane tell one of his cronies that they expected one of them in the wreckage? What difference does that make?
>>
To make it look like a suicide
>>
perp's body found

mystery solved

no perps found

mystery still alive
>>
because the flight plan listed one of bane's men
>>
>there will never be another plane scene that gets autistically disassembled down to every line of dialogue and movement until literally every facet of the 5 minute sequence becomes a meme

Big guys and hotheads and flight plans and master plans for everyone.
>>
I'm pretty sure we have heavily analysed and found all the possible explanations of every single line and word in the opening sequence in great almost absurd detail, someone should collect it all into a single word file and publish a proper analysis of it.
>>
>>86411965

It makes no fucking sense, if CIA actually went to the crash to collect the bodies, they would notice that the wings and back of the plane were blown off some distance away.
>>
>>86412325
It was a bluff actually, they were all on the flight plan, because he didn't throw anyone off the plane.

HE DIDNT FLY SO GOOD.
>>
>>86412448
but bane didn't know that
>>
File: 1472375891136.jpg (114KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1472375891136.jpg
114KB, 600x800px
>>86412396
>>
File: 1502821017608.jpg (92KB, 639x670px) Image search: [Google]
1502821017608.jpg
92KB, 639x670px
AYO SENPAI

JUST
>>
>>86412625
He knew CIA was bluffing because he knew the other 2 men were alive, meaning he should've known Bill Wislon would register all 3. But CIA didn't register all 3, becuase the report cleared the crash as an accident despite 2 people missing, meaning he only filed 1, even though he didn't throw anyone out of the airplane, meaning he filed 3.
>>
File: 1501633235866.png (4KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
1501633235866.png
4KB, 183x275px
>>86412755
>tfw nolan is way above my league
>>
File: ....png (284KB, 585x826px) Image search: [Google]
....png
284KB, 585x826px
>>86411965
After months of careful thought and research, I believe I have cracked the meaning of the plane scene in TDKR. Nolan has interwoven poetry throughout the scene, the likes of which George Lucas cannot even comprehend.

>"The flight plan I just filed with the agency lists me, my men, Dr. Pavel here, but only Juan or Hugh"

Masketta man has obviously fed the names of the hostages to CIA, leading him to believe that two of the hostages are named Juan and Hugh.

>CIA: First Juan to talk gets to stay on my aircraft!

This line puzzled me for weeks. CIA just called them Juan and Hugh - why is he now calling them both Juan? Then it hit me - Bane, Juan and Hugh are brothers: Bane Juan, Hugh Juan and Juan Juan. Pay close attention to their names because it becomes important later.

>CIA grabs Juan Juan
>"Hugh paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?"
(CIA is asking Juan if his brother paid him to kidnap Dr. Pavel.)
>CIA shoots his hired gun
>"He didn't fly so good! Hugh wants to try next!"
>CIA signals for his men to grab Hugh Juan
>"Tell me about Bane! Why does he wear the mask? A lotta loyalty for a hired Juan!

But the poetry of the scene really comes to fruition when CIA is talking to Bane:

>"If I pulled that off would you die?"
>"It would be extremely painful"
>"You're a big guy"
>"For you"

This is an in-joke between Bane and Hugh. Hugh Juan = huge one - Hugh was named because he was the biggest of the three brothers. By any standards Bane is a big guy, but his whole life his size has been overshadowed by Hugh, hence why Bane says he is a big guy, but only for CIA, not for Hugh.
>>
File: ....png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
....png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>86413220
Finally, at the end of the scene, Bane asks one of his brothers to stay behind:

>"No! They expect Juan of us in the wreckage, brother."

The brother he tells to stay behind is Juan, with Bane making a pun on his name to ease the fear of Juan's incoming death. It is the final pun Juan hears before he dies in the plane wreckage. The final pun before death = The Killing Joke, a Batman comic released in 1988 starring the Joker. Yes, Nolan has laid a breadcrumb trail for us that tells us that Juan Juan is the Joker in disguise, which is why we don't see him for the rest of the film. The Joker lays down his life at the beginning of the film to start the fire. Bravo Nolan.
>>
>>86411965
because the flight plan included CIA, his men, Dr. Pavel and only "ONE OF YOU".
>>
>>86413275
No it included all 3 of them. Wilson never throws anyone out of the plane.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.