[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>movie trailer >WHAT IF CTHULU WASN'T JUST A STORY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

>movie trailer
>WHAT IF CTHULU WASN'T JUST A STORY
>ear shattering fart noise
>full frontal shot of Cthulu rising from the sea with water streaming off of its body
>black screen
>coming 2018

>movie
>opening shot is Cthulu rising out of the water
>movie is 2 hours and 45 minutes of Cthulu destroying a city
>ending is Cthulu standing over the leveled city roaring at the sky
>>
plz no
>>
>>86411460
Yeah, I don't think so. They'd probably have someone like David Lynch direct a Cthulu movie.
>>
File: 1256.jpg (7KB, 208x229px) Image search: [Google]
1256.jpg
7KB, 208x229px
Liberals are already destroying Lovecraft's legacy, some butthurt fucks got the World Fantasy Award changed from a bust of Lovecraft to some fucking negress no one's ever heard of.

The day Hollywood makes a Lovecraft movie is the day I completely cut myself off from society. It's all I have left. I can't even bear to think of the fucking uninformed liberal feelpieces that would be written.
>>
>>86411460
NECK
Yourself OP
Your forced meme thread is bad and you should feel bad
sage
>>
>>86413932
I could get into a david lynch monster movie
>>
>>86411460
The problem with doing ANY Lovecraft film is that Lovecraft is horror based on that which can't be seen.

He's all about things that are indescribable to the human mind and maddening just to look at, this means that visually doing a Lovecraft films in modern times is kind of impossible if you want to stay true to the original source material.
>>
>>86414185
I think you're safe, I bet the liberals won't endorse his works because he had racist views even though it has nothing to do with his works
>>
>>86411460
>>opening shot is Cthulu rising out of the water
>>movie is 2 hours and 45 minutes of Cthulu destroying a city

This is a godzilla movie not Cthulhu.

A Cthulhu movie would center around cultists trying to awaken him and his dream state wrecking some major shit in some town, it could be amazing with some creative visuals.

Ultimately he wouldn't wake up and wouldn't crush any city, because he's not a Kaiju. When he wakes the Earth is just doomed. The power levels in your synopsis are just wrong.
>>
>>86416538
I mean john carpenters the thing pretty much ripped off mountains of madness
>>
>>86411460
Average viewer reaction :
"Who is ktoo loo ? Damn those asians and their shitty monster movies."
>>
>>86416638
>this is a godzilla movie

good thing godzilla was all about the US Military :)
>>
>>86416652
>I mean john carpenters the thing pretty much ripped off mountains of madness

Nope. The Thing is a rather faithful adaptation of a novella from the 30's called Who Goes There?
>>
>>86416538
>The problem with doing ANY Lovecraft film is that Lovecraft is horror based on that which can't be seen.

and that is why The Blair Witch Project is the first and only true Lovecrafitan film
>>
>>86411460
Did you actually read the story? They popped him like a balloon by ramming him with a 1920s steamboat.
>>
File: 1470891356889.jpg (456KB, 1600x1263px) Image search: [Google]
1470891356889.jpg
456KB, 1600x1263px
>>86416638
whynotboth.jpg
>>
>>86416538
You can do horror decently enough with inescapable, invincible evils that spend most of their time sleeping and when they do wake up can at most be temporarily pacified - and only if you're lucky enough that the stairs happen not to be properly aligned. And one of the ways to wake them up is to do things like learn about them or even just think too much about them. The stress from that'd drive anyone crazy after a while. Crazy enough to kill themselves... or crazy enough to wane to awaken the evil and finally bring about our inescapable end.

Although, most Lovecraft's monsters weren't really all that dangerous. Several of them were cleaned up by the military. One was stopped by a dog.
>>
>>86417655
That guy had a nice schlong.
>>
>>86417655
A fair point, but most of the major studios would probably have no interest in doing an adaption of one of his lesser known short stories. They'd want the big enchilada if they wanted him at all and would go for something like Call of Cthulhu or at the Mounts of Madness.

Still, I suppose it could be a very good topic for a small well funded independent project.
>>
>>86411460
>movie trailer
>WHAT IF THE FLIGHT PLAN WASNT JUST A STORY
>ear shattering plane noise
>full frontal shot of Aiden Gillen standing in front of a plane with khakis streaming off his body
>black screen
>coming 2012

>movie
>opening shot is a car racing through the fields
>movie is 5 minutes and 4 seconds of a Big Guy doing it for you
>ending is Bane suspended over a falling airplane wheezing at the sky
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.