[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M-MORTY GOD DOESN'T *BURP* W-what Rick I-I don't understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

M-MORTY GOD DOESN'T *BURP*
W-what Rick I-I don't understand
GOD *BURP* DOESNT *BURP*
Doesn't what, Rick? Doesn't what?
*BUUUUURP*
>>
>reddit and memey
literal garbage
>>
I didn't like they turned the super hero ride for morty into a joke at the end desu
>it is a comedy so everything must be a joke!
>>
ISRAEL IS AN *BURRRRRP* APARTHEID STATE MORTY. ITS A GENOCIDE IN PALESTINE, MORTY. WE GOTTA FREE THE PALESTINIANS, MOOooOOOoORTY.
>>
File: IMG_0932.jpg (37KB, 536x357px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0932.jpg
37KB, 536x357px
>Rick hates Jews
>>
What is it about this cartoon show that triggers you autistics so hard anyway
Get a grip
>>
>>86407939
Everything has been a joke consistently for 3 seasons.
>>
>>86408016
Who doesn't? Honest question
>>
File: 1502126446214.jpg (59KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1502126446214.jpg
59KB, 630x630px
"Pickle Rick" is simple-Rick turns himself into a pickle to get out of family therapy, and gets put down into gutter by a rainstorm. It's what the episode does with it that makes it special. "Pickle Rick" skips all the tedious buildup and gets right to the fun-Rick as a pickle laying waste to hundreds of lives. It works as a ludicrously over-the-top parody of cheesy action films from the 80s and 90s. To keep this episode from goingoverboard, the writers balanced out the insanity of the Pickle Rick story-line with the family's more grounded therapy session. These scenes weren't the most exciting or gut busting, but contrasted with the other scenes, they work nicely as a counterbalance. Also extremely satisfying is when the two story- lines converge towards the end of the episode- Rick in pickle form walks into the therapy session, because Beth has the anti-pickle serum he needs to revert to human form. The therapist, using information gathered throughout the rest of the epode, delivers a monologue that cuts right to the heart of Ricks character. This was almost too far into Harmon's styl at times feeling as if the therapist is a mouthpiece for Dan Harmon to lecture the audience about Rick. The message it delivers is still relevant though. Rick on some basic level knows that connection is a necessity, but his vast knowledge and exploration of different universes and realities have numbed him to those feelings. Why should he get invested in these versions of his family when they're disposable? At least he tries to apologize for his mistakes in this episode. The same can't be said for Beth, who's so mired in self-loathing and abandonment issues that she'll do anything not to get her father to leave again. This is showcased by that final car ride, one of the darkest scenes on the show so far. Morty and Summer realize the therapy could be beneficial to their family, but Beth simmply doesn't care. She instantly forgives Rick for his mistakes, and ignores Morty and Summer.
>>
>>86408032
It's Reddit incarnate, now go back
>>
>>86408239
whos autistic enough to write this garbage
>>
File: IMG_1756.jpg (62KB, 640x601px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1756.jpg
62KB, 640x601px
>saw all the pickle rick threads overhere
>all my normie friends were talking about it
>decide to watch the first episode of rick and morty on youtube
>read all the cringey comments under the vid about how you're about to be witnessing the start of the best show of your whole life
>get kinda excited
>....
>sit trough a boring cartoon episode that reminded me of the later seasons of futurama (the unfunny ones)
>not one joke even made me grin

Does this shit get better or is it reallly just normies hyping this show up? I can watch family guy or american dad episodes without any problem but rick and morty just felt so tryhard, and reddit
>>
Is 'Morty God doesn't exist' (with our without stuttering and burps) the 'Luke, I am your father!' of the decade? Since, you know, neither characters said that. Almost like people don't want either and just say stuff to fit in.
>>
>>86408426
So you watched the pilot of a show and decided on it then and there? Fuck you must have been disappointed about literally every animated show in history then, huh? Missed out on lots of cool shit.

And no, it is just a slightly more adult Futurama with Doctor Who monster of the week style shit. It's not good, it's not bad, it's in between utter dogshit and above average. Ruined by lazy writing, shit character designs and terrible art style. I watched it because /tv/ wouldn't shut the fuck up about it and I wanted to see how many times 'There is no God' was said and I counted like, maybe 3. Also it's not nihilistic at all and that bummed me out. About as nihilistic as Last Man On Earth.
>>
>>86408032

Pretty much this. It's an alright cartoon that every try-hard here likes to complain about. I don't care for it, and I don't watch it, everyone who is bothered by or doesn't care about it should do the same.
>>
>>86408509
hello plebbit
>>
>>86408509
>getting butthurt about someone not liking a cartoon
you have to go back
>>
>>86406771
So clever abd mature, just like me.
>>
JEWS ARE *BURP* LEECHES ANS PARASITES, MORTY. HEARD OF UNCLE ADOLF, MORTY? HE WAS A GREAT MAN WHO WANTED TO FREE US OF THEIR *BURP* PARASITIC MENACE, MORTY. HE WANTED TO *BURP* FREE EUROPE OF THE JEWISH TYRANNY, MORTY.
>>
File: 1502702241686.jpg (119KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1502702241686.jpg
119KB, 1080x1080px
>>86408239
>>
>>86407981
Is he, dare I say, our guy?
>>
>>86407939
At least this one had jokes. I think they forgot for episode 2 and 3
>>
>>86408509
>I wanted to see how many times "there is no God" was said and I counted like, maybe 3
>>
>>86408016
What a surprise, commiefornian writers hate on Israel, uh? (No)
https://youtu.be/p4mW4cWcLZk
>>
>>86410321
Wonder who's behind this post
>>
>>86410321
Semitic filth is responsible for the Commiefornians, you chip dicked lampshade.
>>
>>86408239
Yeah remember all those epic 80s action movies where a guy turns into a pickle and kills rats? Me neither.
>>
>>86408509

Autism
>>
>>86408176
>t. jealous goy
>>
>>86410417
I hate jews too, the difference is that I dont care about what they're doing to Palestina because I hate muslims as well.
>>
Prove God exists.

HARD MODE: It has to be the Abrahamic God, who directly created the universe in seven days, has a specific plan for you, displays pettiness and anger at certain random tribes, and suspends the laws of physics in your favor if you issue silent requests to him or against your favor if you engage in particular arbitrary behavior as dictated by bronze age goat herders. None of this "maybe there's some divine deistic force" nonsense.
>>
>>86410229
>we want to free muslims and give them more lands
no
>>
>>86411156
exactly goyim, dont listen to kike propaganda about palestine, only strong israel can fight muslim and kikes!
>>
>>86411096
If I could prove it, then it wouldn't be a real God.
>>
>>86406771
This triggers right-wing scum.
>>
>>86411096

You're talking about him.

Athiests: 0
>>
File: 1499514637362.jpg (108KB, 782x782px) Image search: [Google]
1499514637362.jpg
108KB, 782x782px
>>86410321
>this institution is part of the people who enslaved the whole planet
oy vey, when did the schvartzes get so woke
>>
>>86412049
back2reddit
>>
>>86406771
I love these posts cause they trigger everyone. I wonder how many angry 13 year olds are frothing at the mouth because Rick casually brushes aside their theism.
>>
>>86408239
This guy gets it
>>
>>86411096
>prove to me that my edgy biased misrepresentation of God exists
Really made me think
>>
>>86407981
Why would anyone ever want a free Palestine and all the problems that would come with that?
I mean whatever, hate Israel for meddling in the politics of other countries all you'd like, but the Palestinians are fucking savages. Them being kept under Israel's boot is a non-issue.
>>
>>86411096
I can feel Him if I just search deep, deep in my heart! Maybe if you try to find hope and faith and really look hard deep into your own heart, you can find Him too? Good luck on your journey!
>>
>>86408273
the actual show isn't
It's just the fanbase that spout shit like MY MAN or LOOKING GOOD thats reddit
>>
>>86410229
>/our guy/
>pussying around with some bullshit about muh Palestinians instead of naming the Jew

Pick one.
>>
>>86408428
No one is claiming he said that word for word. It's just a meme about all the atheism jokes in the show.
>>
>>86408426
>watching on youtube
found your problem, kys
>>
I make dis https://youtu.be/0wDJ80uAuGI
>>
Rick and Morty is a masterpiece, not because it's funny, or because it's 'random', it's because it's not random, it's very very clever. It plays with viewer perceptions of typical TV and bounces back and forth. It sets you up for an expected outcome or typical tv cliche, and just messes with it and you. It does it while retaining a cohesive story line, interesting 'real' characters (real insofar as their emotional interpersonal relationships interact), and great comedic timing. It's really not a 'funny' show, things are only funny because of the situations, our expectations of characters and how events play out; Rick turning into a pickle isn't funny, it isn't funny that there's a syringe to break him out in 10 minutes, it's not funny that someone notices: it's funny because to try and get that back he literally builds an accessory body out of rat parts and defeats an army, but is disarmed and read easily by a shrink who teaches people not to eat poop, forcing him to own up and grumble out an apology. The smartest man in the universe, who did all that as a pickle is forced to apologise by a woman who teaches people not to eat shit for a living

PIIICKLLKE RIIIICK!
>>
>>86411096
prove he doesn't :^)
>>
i really like the pickle rick episode

that bit where he fights all the rats is amazing, and the mech suit he makes for himself shows what a true genius he really is
>>
Frittata!
Taste the pain!
I'm a survivor, we're a dying breed.
>>
File: 1502398515045.png (155KB, 243x439px) Image search: [Google]
1502398515045.png
155KB, 243x439px
BUURRRRP God's not dead, Morty
the fa/tv/irgin begins to chuckle
L-life has meaning Morty, honor URP thy mother and father
the fa/tv/irgin jumps out of his chair, spilling his tendies on the floor
W-wake up my child, listen to traditional culture
the fa/tv/irgin starts anxiously pacing around his room while muttering to himself
WUBALABADUBDUB WE MUST SECURE A FUTURE FOR WHITE CHILDREN
The fa/tv/irgin starts clapping and smacking his fists on his head
mmmm hallelujah praise our lord HE IS RISEN MORTY, ABANDON SECULARISM
the fa/tv/irgin's heart explodes and he dies
>>
>tfw you enjoy the show but also the extreme hatred of it and the memes that come with it
>>
>>86411096
>All Abrahamism is Protestant Evangelism
What?
>>
File: meme.png (58KB, 361x320px) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
58KB, 361x320px
>>
File: Counter_49c297_5886436.jpg (93KB, 825x635px) Image search: [Google]
Counter_49c297_5886436.jpg
93KB, 825x635px
>>86411096
>>
File: IMG_0339.jpg (57KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0339.jpg
57KB, 1024x576px
>>86408016
>yfw Rick gets drunk and drops truthbombs about the jews on 4chan
>>
The Pickle Rick stuff is weird. In the context of the show itself, it was treated appropriately. His family reacts with apathy and knows exactly what he's doing and they think it's stupid. The rest of that plotline is kind of fun, since you get to see Rick being a limbless stump and how he gets out of it. They kind of skip over the fun MacGyver stuff in favor of a really long and unnecessary rat killing scene, but whatever.

The problem stems from the fact that as a marketing and branding tool, it's entirely transparent. That shit was plugged to be a meme. Right after the livestream ended, Adult Swim whipped out Pickle Rick shirts and made a big fuss about it. All of the promotion stuff was just that one scene with "PICKLE RIIIIIIIICK! I'M A PICKLE!" in the same sense that S2 tried to push that Tiny Rick bullshit. People I heard talking about the episode were just saying "PICKLE RIIIIIICK!"

The fanbase and stuff outside the show make it almost impossible to watch.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.