[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Riz Ahmed In Talks To Play The Chamaleon In Sony's VENOM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: The Chamaleon.jpg (39KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
The Chamaleon.jpg
39KB, 600x316px
Thoughts, /tv/?

http://movieweb.com/venom-silver-black-movies-riz-ahmed-playing-chameleon/
>>
>>86406466
Should get Rami Malak, he's already un ugly self-loathing reptilian
>>
>>86406466
reminder that they gave him this part because he threatened to become a terrorist
>>
>>86406466
>be Chameleon
>be Russian KGB Agent
>be Half-Brother of Kraven
>also a Russian
>played by an English Paki

What did they mean by this?
>>
Sony's meme casting choices never fail to amaze me.
>>
Sony needs to be nuked and everything related to Spider-Man to be back at Marvel Studios.
>>
>>86406466
>Thoughts, /tv/?

I loved him in Pianist.
>>
well at least we avoided another bombing
>>
>>86406574
well you never see Chameleon's true face
>>
>implying this will ever be made
>>
>>86406574
What you are =/= what you can pass for onscreen. If they made the effort, I could probably accept him as the Chameleon...if I didn't hate the guy. I don't want him to have the part.

Go for more of a Hitman vibe with it tbhb.
>>
>>86406703
Did you miss the "Russian" part? He's Russian, he's always been Russian. Him being the bastard son bonded him with Sergei (Kraven), another bastard, and played a big role in his origins.

Oh, this is gonna be another "evil white people hated me but I rose through the ranks" type of deal. He'll still be "Russian"... Wee...
>>
>>86406466

tank you come again
>>
>>86406809
...You really think there is any Russian person who looks like THAT?! Not even Greeks or Italians, who are South Europeans look like that anon.
>>
>>86406812
But you never see his face, and the Chameleon disguises not just his face but his voice. You're telling me the guy in the OP can't put on a vaguely slavic accent while under prosthetics?
>>
sony should just die already
>>
>>86406862
Russia has its share of muzzies.
>>
>dood lets just reuse electros suit and add an edgy hockey mask lmao
>>
>>86406873
>>86406929
Why the hell not just get a Russian guy instead of messing things up? This is literal brownwashing.
>>
>>86406980
Well if they ever do Kraven I want Kevin Durant or my main man did nothing wrong marton csokas
>>
>>86406466
>Give us protagonist roles in Hollywood movies or we join ISIS

Fuck this paki bastard
>>
>>86407038
I mean Kevin Durand, haha
>>
>>86407038
If they make Chameleon a Paki, they'll make Kraven black anon. They were both the bastards of the family,so instead of being bastards from the maids, they'll be bastards from Pakis and Blacks.

As another guy who loves Kraven, prepare for dissapointment.
>>
>>86407128
Man fuck you and fuck all the cunts on /tv/ who do this, ironically or unironically, just constant whining about niggers this and niggers that.

Why don't you become an actor and get the role for the white race if you care so much faggot.
>>
>>86406466
damn sony, now we will never see mcu chameleon in sin six
>>
>>86407256
>point something obvious
>fucking /pol/ REEEEE

Why the fuck else would they cast a Paki as a D-Lister Russian villain with ties to another Russian villain, who is far more popular? Jesus fuck man, think.

>Why don't you become an actor and get the role for the white race if you care so much faggot.
I'm not interested in sucking cocks.
>>
>>86407256
dumb nigger
>>
>>86407374
chameleon is better character than kraven, he is mytique before mystique.
>>
>>86407641
Eh, I prefer Kraven and his bonkers family. Chameleon is rarely used to full effect, and almost always comes off as a gimmicky fool. The last time he was great was in Avenging, with SpOck and Chechetto on art.
>>
based riz deserves better than capeshit.

hopefully he will bulk up a bit and be ready to take over james bond.
>>
>>86406539
kek
>>
Sick of this mediocre Poo
>>
>>86406980
Call it black-staining, not brown-washing
>>
>>86407738
he worked great with mysterio
>>
>>86406618
Its free marketing, a sure way people talk about your movie
>>
>>86407256
>whining about niggers this and niggers that.

Becvause there is niggers this and niggers literally fucking everywhere. They completely shit on any traits of any established characters, no matter what franchise, or how hamfisted that is. Absolutely nothing is left out of those characters, yet they still name them Roland, Domino, Johnny Storm, MJ or Merlin.
God fucking forbids someone objects to that, you will have an army of leftist Americunt swines trying to doxx you for that.

Now you have character that is pretty much nothing but his thick slavic accent, being instead voiced by Apu from Simpson.

Few years back you got rightfully dogpilled when you fucked with the canon, nowadays you will get labeled the academia catchphrase of the week.

Get fucked and kill yourself.
>>
>>86408444
Hmm, I can clearly say that I have already dropped at least five movies specifically for these hip marketing choices. Movies I really looked forward to.
>>
>>86408483
>being instead voiced by Apu from Simpson.
He's British
>>
>>86408444
And yet's sony's masterpiece, fembusters, ended up costing them 80 million and almost bankrupted the studio
>>
>>86406466
That's fucking whitewashing!
>>
>>86406980
>Russians are white
>A brit is brown
>>
>>86408569
>British
no
>>
>>86408656
Sure not for the lack of marketing
>>
File: unwrap my christmas gift.png (551KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
unwrap my christmas gift.png
551KB, 500x667px
>>86406539
You couldn't be more wrong
>>
File: 1406222033498.jpg (322KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
1406222033498.jpg
322KB, 531x471px
>>86406570
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.