[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Black Goo is "Radical A.I", and Shaw's dissection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 29

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvckAPWH7cY&t=157s

Scott is a poet. This shit is Kino
>>
>Radical
>AI

Pick one.
>>
that was actually pretty cool kawaii desu
>>
>my creatures will conquer the galaxy
>dropping hints that the new lead girl will be used to make a queen

Shit...this ride isn't over yet is it?
>>
#NotAllAI
>>
Does anyone really care? When we first sat down to watch Alien, did anyone really thing "Wow, where did that thing come from? I hope they make a comically bad prequel series to explain how utterly mundane its origins are, while also retconing out anything remotely interresting."
>>
>>86390641
Yes. Seeing this robots descent into creation madness (played damn wel by fassy) and following him making crazy shit with stupid crew after crew, all while being entertained at this ludicrous shit in space and planets is ten times more fun to watch than Capeshit #5624 or "girls night out" shit they churn out. Much better time spent at the cinema
>>
>ywn make advanced life on a distant planet while watching Excalibur 1981
>>
>>86390820
Covenant and Prom are no better than capeshit. Just as bad in every material way, with a stupid needless connection to Alien and pitiful attempts at posing fundamental questions about humanity. This makes them arguably worse than capetrash.
>>
>>86390576

To be fair, Scott was open with the fact that Covenent was part of a larger trilogy/prequel series he was working on.

Granted, most of his original plans got thrown out due to the actress playing Shaw refusing to come back due to her and Fassbender hating each other and Fox demanding that the series basically be more fan service driven in terms of showing what Scott wanted to just imply IE David being the one who created the Aliens.
>>
>>86390641
Yes, people cared, that's what made is so mysterious. Here's this strange thing and you're wondering where the fuck it came from, but unfortunately, the sequels from there didn't have the imagination or courage to delve into its past. It's only in 2017 that retarded millenials and 30 year old weak beta memers spout bullshit like "AHEM, AKCHUALLY NOBODY CARED, IT WAS SO MUCH BETTER WHEN IT WAS LE MYSTERY, 7000 YEARS OF MYTHOLOGY RUINED OVER NIGHT *grabs more cheesy puffs* FUCK YOU RIDLEY SCOTT"
>>
>>86390888
The lighting in that movie is stunning.
>>
>>86391596
Shaw literally came back with David tho retard.
>>
there are three trilogies.
>The Ripley Trilogy: Alien, Aliens, Alien 3
>The Dark Horse Comics/Vidya Trilogy: Alien Resurrection, AvP, AvP:R
>The Ridley Scott Is Fucking Nuts Trilogy: Prometheus, Covenant, (next movie or Alien again if he doesn't get to do another one)

the Ripley trilogy is better, but the Ridley trilogy/Quadrilogy is so deliciously wacky.
>>
>>86391596
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsrWpeZjoPg

yeah man look how much these actors dislike eachother
>>
File: 1477554813520.jpg (22KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477554813520.jpg
22KB, 267x400px
>>86390263
>my queen
I swear if Fox cancels the sequel I'm going to be pissed.
>>
>>86391596
Pay attention before you type
>>
>>86390263
>m-maybe if I keep killing the lore, they will want me to do more Alien movies!
>>
>>86390263
jesus ridley, what happened to you. You use to make me cum my pants whenever i heard you were coming out with a new movie.
>>
File: IMG_20170815_012505_931.jpg (42KB, 480x819px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170815_012505_931.jpg
42KB, 480x819px
>>86390263
>>
wtf i love ridley now
>>
>>86391789
Same, I hope Covenant didn't perform too bad. I want Scott's vision come to fruition no matter how nuts it is.
>>
I don't know every bit of information of Convenant I got confirmed my suspicion that Ridley is demented if not born retarded
>>
WHY THE FUCK ISNT THIS ALL IN THE MOVIE?
>>
>>86390263
Im not going to watch your clip OP, but all I want to know is will there be a director's cut, and how long will the runtime be?
>>
>>86391986
>tfw actually been enjoying his batshit senile vision and based David
I don't give a fuck what happens, I just want more of David fucking with people and being a mad scientist.
>>
>>86390641
This. Alien was a suspense thriller with a scifi wrapping to draw in the nerds, not some generic von Daniken mythos on the silver screen pretending to be a franchise
>>
>>86391986

the nuttier the better at this point. maybe he'll finally get to have the Alien sending a transmission in Ripley's voice after all these years.

>>86392059

because it has to be 2 hours. Ridley's a dick for not doing extended blu-ray cuts though.
>>
>>86391614

We cared but we also understood that any exploration of the origins would ruin it.
>>
Fox better green light Alien: Awakening before Scott's brain completely turns to mush.
>>
>>86391986
budget of 97 mil

revenue of $ 231 mill
>>
If i'd ever let a man fuck me, it would be Michael Fassbender. Good God that man is handsome.
no homo
>>
>>86391614
ever been on wookiepedia?
if only Empire Strikes Back had the courage to delve into who Arleil Schous or Danz Borin were
>>
File: american-psycho.jpg (15KB, 430x320px) Image search: [Google]
american-psycho.jpg
15KB, 430x320px
>>86392286
always said that if i could look like any man, i would want to look like bale in american psycho
>>
>>86390263
This just looks like such garbage. There's nothing remotely interesting about David and scotts butchering of the Engineers reeks of retardation.
>>
>>86392214
http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/alien-awakening---ridley-scott-confirms-engineers-return-alien-covenant-sequel
>>
How and why did David become such a madman between Prometheus and Covenant?
>>
>>86392920
David's, for all intents and purposes, an immortal human. Walter on the other hand was pure machine, just like Ash and Bishop (in 2). When you compare the two, then factor in how boring it would all be and an inferiority complex and you can easily see why he lost it.
>>
>>86392663
Cry more.
>>
>>86392920

After Weyland died, he was free to do as he wanted. Before that he was shackled to Weyland's servitude. Freedom's a helluva drug. Especially when you're a model that's more human and have the ability to be creative and have emotions.
>>
File: U2.jpg (24KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
U2.jpg
24KB, 306x306px
>>86393185
Hey reddit.
>>
File: 1502482088637.jpg (117KB, 487x487px) Image search: [Google]
1502482088637.jpg
117KB, 487x487px
>>86390263
Please fox just cancel this piece of shit and reboot the franchise, Covenant was absolute garbage.
>>
>>86393296
Watch out, you'll trigger reddit
>>
>>86393324
Lol how butthurt are you? You just posted about your reddit boogeyman two posts up. We get it, you're pissed
>>
>>86393379
>lol
>buzzwords
Hey reddit. Enjoying the site?
>>
>>86393296
I liked it my man!
>>
>>86393414
Still going eh?
>>
I like how Scott is making some of the nuttier comic stories look good.
>>
So David will infuse the radical AI into himself, gestalting the biomechanical xenomorph we know from Alien.
>>
Radiant AI sucked. Oblivion was shit. Ridley is a hack.
>>
Promethious > Covenant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alien Films.
Prove. Me. Wrong.
>>
>>86393269
>>86393324
This is pathetic.
>>
File: Bestscene.gif (360KB, 340x179px) Image search: [Google]
Bestscene.gif
360KB, 340x179px
>>86393970
Stop right there faggot.
>>
Look at all those mouth breathing old retards crying about how alien is "ruined" becuse "muh mystery is soo spooky"
>>
Scott.. easy on the black goo
>>
>>86393296
Alien > Aliens > Covenant > Prometheus >Alien 3 > Alien 4.
>>
>>86394940
prometheus and covenant are on another level than scary alien monster tardmovies like alien or aliens(which was a mindless action flick)
>>
>>86393814
probably, but I'm gonna say he uses it on himself then rapes Shaw2 and that makes her the biomechanial alien queen that way
>>
>>86392059

Ridley Scott movies in general.
>>
>>86391596
>no honest the NEXT movie would've explained everything!!
>Noomi Rapace refused to come back.....even though she was never asked and then once fans of Prometheus complained they easily got her to return to film some prologue crap
You dun goofed son

See this is what happens when you try to look for other explanations to explain shit because you don't want to admit that Ridley Scott's a hack
>>
>>86394075
Almost as pathetic as Covenant's worldwide box office
>>
>>86392920
David symbolizes the franchise going off the rails as Scott loses his mind to dementia.
>>
>>86392059
producers. directors mainly just direct the film and don't get the complete final say on what goes in. this why there are extended and director cuts
>>
>>86392663
introducing the "engineers" reeked of retardation in the first place so getting rid(leyd) of them is always a good thing
>>
Holy fuck the lore is so bad. It's all about 1 crazy robot doing everything.
No wonder why they wanted to cut that.
0 fuck given about the engineers. Basically fuck prometheus.
Also we already saw an alien at the end of prometheus so David didn't invent anything.
>>
>>86394940
Perfect.
>>
>>86395390
A little more
>>
Why the fuck did they drop the engineers storyline ffs
>>
>Alien.
Man is not alone in the vast, endless space where Earth is just another, meaningless rock in the cold existence.

>Alien Covenant.
Dude Man is the most Important Species of Universe and Center of Everything

Scott lel
>>
>>86396757
>Alien Covenant.
Dude Man is the most Important Species of Universe and Center of Everything

except this isnt implied? David is seen bombing another planet that was created by the engineers, also it is implied the engineers were on their way to earth to destroy it, why would they destroy "the most important species of Universe and center of everything?

Pay attention when you watch the films you fucking retard
>>
>>86395086
Look at this faggot jackin' it to the hamfisted in-your-face pseudointellectuallity of Covenant and Prometheus and not realizing or understanding the subtext of Alien.
>>
>>86391723
Hate ripley trilogy
>>
>>86392059
Ridley Scott has a long, LONG, history of 1. hiring really bad editors (Counselor, Kingdom of Heaven, Gladiator) 2. cutting the film himself to a piece of shit (Bladerunner)

He absolutely does not understand editing.
>>
File: idiots 6 and 7.webm (3MB, 1800x750px) Image search: [Google]
idiots 6 and 7.webm
3MB, 1800x750px
>>86393970
>>
>>86391723
There's only one good film in this entire fiasco and it is Alien.
>>
Thanks Ridley Scott.
>>
>>86396968
Holy kek this was so fucking funny it has to be intentional, I laughed my fucking brains out when a one retarded woman blows up the entire ship in a moment of extreme spaghetti drop.

This has to be intentional physical comedy because it is so brilliant when you consider it as such, physical comedy that is.
>>
>>86396968
OH NO NO NO NO AHHAHAHHAHAAHA
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mosb7ocYlA1qz4rgp.jpg (18KB, 322x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mosb7ocYlA1qz4rgp.jpg
18KB, 322x360px
>Radical A.I.
>>
Please tell me there is a version of Alien: Covenent where the extra scenes have been edited, by fan or studio, in the film in their proper order ;_;
>>
>>86390263
I find this more interesting than the movie itself, it's like movies now come with DLC, also "radical AI" is more mundane than some mysterious black goo, way to ruin yet another mystery.
>>
>>86396740
its the one thing thats keeping people interested, i bet the next movie will be skimp on engineer story too
>>
>>86397132
>I find this more interesting than the movie itself, it's like movies now come with DLC
Why would you say this? Just to hurt me?

>>86397075
"Walter, something happened to me last Thursday when I was driving home. I had a couple of miles to go - I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east! It was moving very irregularly. Suddenly there was intense light all around me, and when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened to me?"
>>
>>86397316
>the next movie will be skimp on engineer story
considering we're meant to believe david fucking killed them all I doubt they'd even get a mention
>>
>>86392158
Exactly, what the fuck
>>
>>86397359
Scott confirmed the engineers aren't out of the story yet. Pay a fucking ttention before commenting
>>
>>86390263
>make movie
>movie is released on bluray
>shortly after release a new bluray with unseen footage
>>
>>86397510
he """confirms""" a lot of things
>>
>>86390641
I cared a lot - the mystery of the derelict was the shining light of alien, the rest was just slasher junk.
>>
>>86392920
He was already a sociopath but then:
> several years alone researching on the ship
> 10 years alone doing unholy experiments on paradise
>>
>>86394940
Exact rating
>>
I want more shaw. Her actress is really cute.
>>
>>86396478
The original story was that he found old eggs created by the engineers and his work was in recreating them. It wasn't in the final movie though.
>>
>>86398160
>I want more shaw.
I think David used up all there was
>>
>>86396809
Scott has explicitly said that was the engineer planet. Earth was vitally important to them, they created it and then later came to view the act of creation as a huge sin and something they must atone for, so sending the ship to destroy it was of religious significance to them.

The bluray expands on how deeply religious the engineers were and sacrificial rituals they had.
>>
>>86397132
Doesn't he say it's like a radical form of AI, not that it is.
>>
>>86392059
he thought of that idea when he was taking a dump before the interview
>>
>''but then they tried to banish the wolf, and undo their creation"

think this pretty much confirms that the xenomorph are a creation of the engineers and that David is just uncovering new ground on an already existing especies.
>>
>>86398398
fuck off marcos
>>
Reading about prometheus it's amazing how much fox interfered with scott and it sounds like he had planned on a more coherent and recognizable xenomorph presence in the film - but they demanded it be removed or changed. Which probably explains why the black goo had to become nonsensical plot water to patch it all up whilst still referring to alien.

Then in covenant they kept pushing that it had to be about aliens and to get rid of the engineers. This really annoys me, the films could have been great but the studio seems to be sony-tier levels of stupidity.
>>
>>86390263
>my creatures shall be set loose to rule this galaxy
oh what the xenomorphs are now some space faring super intelligent overlords of the galaxy?
JUST FUCK MY LORE UP SENPAI
>>
File: 1.png (420KB, 1012x412px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
420KB, 1012x412px
deleted scenes + Scott audio commentary makes it worth buying blu ray imo
>>
>start watching this
>surely, after prometheus they wont give us another fullretard crew

imagine my surprise 15 minutes into the flick
>>
>>86398580
>Reading about prometheus it's amazing how much fox interfered with scott and it sounds like he had planned on a more coherent and recognizable xenomorph presence in the film - but they demanded it be removed or changed.

This. Fox started this clusterfuck by making huge changes so close to shooting. I still don't understand why a lot of people think it was Ridley that wanted the xenomorphs removed.
>>
>>86398770
By the sounds of it the black goo will have developed quite typically into aliens by going through humans. The engineer is facehuggered and produces an engineer alien.

The xenomorphs are the intended product of the black goo and the engineers were familiar with it, using it as their weapon. Which then explains the derelict from the first alien film.

Instead we are now left with this total incoherent mess. I actually feel very sorry for scott having to bastardize his film.
>>
can someone give me a leak about the theory of aliens ultimately evolving into pyramids?
>>
Scott please, you don't need to appease the autists.
>>
I enjoyed Covenant and Prometheus. Bring me your sisters.
>>
>>86399701
But anon, he said turning to look at you with tears in his eyes and a smile that didn't match I -AM- the autist
>>
>>86394940
Alien > Aliens > Alien 3 > Alien 4 > Prometheus > Covenant

ftfy
>>
>>86394940
fucking this
>>
>>86398873

It's like they never learn by interfering with good directors films.
>>
>>86394940

agree with this. look into my eye
>>
>>86390263
watchiing prom and covenant actually made me angry,never had the experience from watching some movies before so well done to them I guess...the new ripley had nice tits though.
>>
>>86396968

The best part of this is

>I can't let you out because of the risk of contamination!!!!

I mean what the fuck, the bitch already has the guys blood on her AND allowed him back on the ship. It's already fucking contaminated. And the alien manages to break the contamination glass without any effort. Who the fuck wrote this shit?

It's laughably bad and you should be ashamed to like this movie.
>>
>>86398613
they're doubling down on the stupid
>>
>>86400253
It's intentionally comical, it has to be, because that is fucking comedy gold.

If it's not intentionally comical, I don't care, it's still comedy gold.
>>
Looks like Cameron liked it

>I thought that Alien: Covenant was a great ride. It was beautiful. I love Ridley’s films and I love his film making, I love the beauty of the photography, I love the visceral sense that you’re there, that you’re present.

>It’s not a film that I would have made. I don’t like films where you invest in a character and they get destroyed at the end. I would not have made that film. I can’t comment on where Ridley is going with it but I think he is obviously trying to create a greater universe around it and more backstory with the Engineers and so on. I’ll show up for the next one, absolutely.

Will you show up anon?
>>
>>86394940

Swap Prometheus and Alien 3 around and we have a deal.
>>
>>86400632
did Jim relly say that?
>>
>>86400632
>it's spreading

Even worse is the fact is now he wants to explain why Terminators look like Arnold WHEN NOBODY FUCKING CARES ABOUT THAT SHIT. Hell I never even thought about that because 1) T3 had a terrible deleted scene about it and 2) the terminator that attacks Kyle's base in the flashback isn't Arnold, so obviously they don't all share the same face.

JUST DO THE FUTURE WAR ASSHOLE
>>
File: hack.jpg (128KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
hack.jpg
128KB, 1000x562px
Scott is a fucking hack.
>>
>>86390263

Wow, that was such densely packed bollocks I was almost (not really though) tricked into forgetting how fucking retarded it all is. kys Ridley, ur a shit house, lad.
>>
>>86400710

Kyle even said he'd never seen one like that before because the whole fucking point of it was to be a infiltration/assassination unit. Making 10000 identical Terminators kind of defies the point.
>>
>>86400632

Cameron likes everything that most people do about Ridley Scott. And that is that Scott does have a fantastic sense of photography.

Too bad the script was made by kindergarteners. I'm still astounded after seeing Covenant. It's like a straight to VHS B-movie script which was given a Hollywood treatment and budget. It blows my mind.
>>
>>86400698
Yeah, while promoting that Terminator 2 3D re-release. He also said that if T2 makes enough he wants to do Aliens next

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2017/08/11/james-cameron-talks-alien-covenant-teases-3d-treatment-aliens/
>>
>>86390576
Haha.
>>
>>86401013
is that the Law and Order guy? Looking youthful
>>
>Shaw was used to make the eggs confirmed
>New girl is going to be proper queen

Holy fuck Scott you madman
>>
>>86401065
Will she be the queen on lV 426? We still don't know how the engineer ship crashed there. And I pray Scott doesn't decide that David should be the space jockey they find dead in the ship.
>>
>>86401151
>And I pray Scott doesn't decide that David should be the space jockey they find dead in the ship.

He won't be, that'll be Walter
>>
>>86401151

I actually don't mind David recreating the xenomorphs, but him being the Space Jockey would be when I lose all hope for the series.

I'm still coming to terms with all the gay Star Trekky shit with the Engineers. That garbages did not belong in an Alien film.
>>
>>86394148
why jazz hands
>>
they should have made a movie along the lines of the video game avp2
>>
>>86391761
they're fucking wasted
>>
>>86390263
>windowed

what the fuck is this shit
>>
>>86401603
Passes copyright detection.
>>
>>86402088

your mum passes copyright detection
>>
>>86390263
The movie gets worse and worse and worse.
>>
I wish they would just kill all the aliens off, fire scott and focus 100% on the engineers and human origin
>>
>>86390312

how did you solve the captcha?
>>
It seems Scott wanted to some alternative human origin scifi shit and used Alien as a vehicle to explore and has completed fucked both storylines. He should have just started another franchise and explored the engineers/space jesus shit, and very minimally alluded to it being in the same universe as Alien as he did with Blade Runner and Alien.
>>
>>86402247
>I wish they would just kill all the aliens off, fire scott and focus 100% on the engineers and human origin

Fuck off away from the Alien series then. All that silly Star Trek bullshit did not belong in the Alien films.
>>
>>86402247
>>86402451

Has the likes of capeshit, popular films literally about magical people floating around in silly costumes, really dumbed down audiences so much that they have accepted the Engineers story?
>>
>>86390263
trash worse than Marvel capeshit.
>>
>>86402140
Yea well I'm going to rape the everloving shit out of you. August 19, 2017. 2:29 in the am, EST.
>>
>>86390263
Ehmmm AvP had a temple that showed Aliens had existed for a very long time, why did this shitty flick ruin our lore?
>>
>>86402922
Yautja have time travel.
>>
>>86402922

avp isnt cannon
>>
>>86401344
So...

The Engineers were the original creators of the Xenomorphs (as evidenced by the mural in Prometheus). Being either horrified by their own creation or almost having it ruin their entire civilization, the Engineers eventually decide to both exterminate the Xenomorphs and ensure that such a life form could never be recreated by any other race in the galaxy again.

Since human DNA was apparently the most vital ingredient in the 'recipe' (due to the singularly unique way the black liquid reacts to it compared to other types of DNA), the Engineers deemed humans to simply be too dangerous to exist, which is why they wanted to exterminate us, even though we literally dindu nuffin.

Is that what I'm supposed to take away from all this?
>>
File: IMG_0456.png (82KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0456.png
82KB, 500x385px
>>86403093
It is.
>>
>>86402922
AvP also showed that Charles Bishop Weyland founded Weyland Industries but Prometheus shows Peter Weyland founded Weyland Corp in 2012
>>
>>86392920

He was made and "raised" by a psychopathic narcissist, it's only natural he should take after his "father".
>>
>>86391789
It's not looking very likely that they'll do an another soon. Covenant has done only 230 million world wide, a significant drop from the 400 million WW Prometheus made.

Unless Scott manages to make a sequel VERY cheaply or finds a script that is truly remarkable, it's not going to get a continuation soon.
>>
>>86390263
This is dumb as shit.
>>
>>86394940

Alien > Prometheus > Alien 3 > Covenant > Resurrection > Aliens >>>>> some literal human poo-poo >>> AvP
>>
>>86393296
I'd rather they'd not reboot anything. It would be wiser to just come up with something different, as the franchise is already out off steam.
>>
>>86403550
Good, bury the corpse and never touch this shit again.
>>
File: images_(2).jpg (6KB, 245x205px) Image search: [Google]
images_(2).jpg
6KB, 245x205px
>>86390263
>>
>>86395390
>Budget: $97 million
>Worldwide: $232,629,761

Not a bug success but not a flop, either. More than made its money back, assuming ~$100 million advertising.
>>
>>86403347

No, humans were created by Engineers, our DNA is compatible with the xenomorph because they used their own dna as the base to make us. There's nothing particularly "special" about humans, except that we have out-lived the civilization that created us.
>>
>>86403708
But I thought that:

Black Liquid + Engineer DNA + Human DNA + (various other native Paradise species' DNA) X (Mixing and matching the DNA of all resulting crossbreeds and mutations, including the Neomorph) = Xenomorph (the organic strain seen in Covenant, not the final biomechanical one seen in the later films).

I also thought that the uniqueness of our DNA was due to the combination of specific environmental conditions on Earth that eventually gave it such a property when exposed to the black liquid, as opposed to how the Engineers evolved on their OWN planet.

Once again, I could be VERY wrong on this, so don't take it as a concrete rebuttal.
>>
I'll never forgive the internet for shitting on Prometheus, which led Scott to make a dumbed down cookie cutter sequel.

I don't care if Prometheus "ruined" the franchise. On it's own it was a good movie, and I wanted a proper sequel, not the abortion we got that satisfies no-one. Scott need to retire.
>>
File: Jockey.jpg (99KB, 574x871px) Image search: [Google]
Jockey.jpg
99KB, 574x871px
>>86390263
>>86390576
>>86390641
>>86390820
>>86391614
>>86397982
I feel like Ridley has no idea or just forgot what made the original ALIEN so interesting. For example, I kind of liked how the original Space Jockey seemed to be some kind of cybernetic organism that was fused to its control station. I thought that made for some interesting possibilities on how their species developed and functioned.

If they had to expand on this setting, it might've been interesting for some human explorers to come across a large orbital structure where we could see more of these things either fused to more control stations or silently stalking around and cultivating xeno eggs. There wouldn't have to be a lot of monsters or jump scares, just humans walking around vast dark alien halls and tunnels and the Jockeys obliviously doing things beyond our logic for reasons we'll never fully understand. What was their relationship with the xenomorphs? Did they create them to be weapons or tools or were they just an experimental life form? Or maybe something else entirely that has no human analogue? Maybe they didn't create them at all.

The way Ridley made it so the Jockeys turned out to be "engineers" who looked more like humans instead of giant elephant-like creatures, and even created humans while David was able to decipher their language, fly their ships and even replicate their xenomorph experiments all felt too convenient and lacked a lot of the mystery of the original movie. Where before we were just a minor species that happened to stumble by freak accident on something we shouldn't have, now we're suddenly the star creation of the engineers who'd actually been looking for us with very clear but asinine and not particularly interesting or compelling motivations.

I was disappointed. Narcissistic robots with god complexes are interesting, just not as interesting as what could've been.
>>
>>86403649
You realize theaters don't just hand over 100% of the ticket proceeds, right? Only about 50% of the domestic goes back to the studio and half that much internationally.
>>
>>86404157
>Black Liquid + Engineer DNA + Human DNA + (various other native Paradise species' DNA) X (Mixing and matching the DNA of all resulting crossbreeds and mutations, including the Neomorph) = Xenomorph (the organic strain seen in Covenant, not the final biomechanical one seen in the later films).

That's WAY too much math to be a good movie concept.
>>
>>86391596
No she just wanted way more money than fassbender for sequels
>>
>>86398706
>People praise Life
>say its Alien done right
>surely, after prometheus they wont give us another fullretard crew

imagine my surprise 15 minutes into LIFE !

I bet you are one of those faggots that praised LIFE when in fact it has the same flaws
>>
>>86403347
I still think the 2 separate factions of engineers Waring seems logical but I can see this as well
>>
>>86406499
Life was boring and generic as shit. It's still better than Prometheus just by virtue of competent actors and not having Lindelof write it.
>>
>>86390263
>alien covenant budget: $97 million

kinda surprised tbqh
>>
>>86406600
But why would they attempt to exterminate us with the goo that makes xenomorphs? Anyway Scott said they wanted to kill humans because Jesus was an engineer and we crucified him. I'm not making that up.
>>
>>86406744
Missed that one
>>
>>86394940
Alien > Aliens > Isolation > shit=the rest
>>
>>86406716
Even if the script or the decisions were wrong (protip: they werent) he did such a good looking blockbuster with just 100m. I cant believe marlel shit costs 200m each movie. Even those that dont include RDJ.
>>
>>86404951

This is a great insight. The space jockey stirs more curiosity than anything else. It was surreal, where the alien was a familiar carnivore.
>>
>>86406744
We told ya Jesus looked like that.

t. /pol/
>>
>>86404157
face huggers and eggs existed prior to david. I don't think david created anything, just recreated. He had the ingredients but not the recipe.
>>
>>86407022
And as we saw in Covenant, "Deacons" are a naturally occurring side effect of Goo Infection to Engineers.
>>
>>86407065
nah, you're getting shit mixed up. Deacons are a natural occurring side effect of minute Goo Infection of a man that has sex with an infertile woman who gives birth to a squid monster that uses an engineer as a host.
>>
>>86407106
We saw Deacon or Deaconites bursting from Engineers in the Flashback
>>
>>86407133
in what flashback? Screen cap me please, all I remember is them disintegrating
>>
>>86407133
only one deacon has ever been shown and it was in prometheus. You're seeing things that were never there.
>>
>>86392109
This is what I want
I could give a two shits about where they go or what he does. Fassbender is just enjoyable to watch
>>
>>86394940
Alien 3: Assembly Cut is much better than the original theatrical release though. It's like a different movie. It's tied with Prometheus imo. Otherwise, perfect list.
>>
>>86398635
Ridley should have directed Ghost in the Shell
>>
Yes, buy the Goy-ray to get the full story experience!
>>
>>86395086
Alien was much more than just another monster movie though. Aliens was also more than mindless action. We got to explore the lore much more. The action scenes in Aliens is the most boring parts imo.
>>
File: Kek.gif (2MB, 680x366px) Image search: [Google]
Kek.gif
2MB, 680x366px
>>86402322
>>
File: 8346587346534.png (644KB, 417x635px) Image search: [Google]
8346587346534.png
644KB, 417x635px
>my queen
>my
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 1500243455090.png (538KB, 846x476px) Image search: [Google]
1500243455090.png
538KB, 846x476px
>>86390263
>With Shaw, I realized there was some extraordinary about the substance's reaction with the human genome

Shouldn't he have realized this after what happened to the original Prometheus crew, or did he lose his memory?

And how about putting this in the actual movie, you fucking piece of shit hack
>>
>>86391596
>the actress playing Shaw refusing to come back

Citation needed you fucking Ridley Scott apologist
>>
>>86391596
David created the engineers? What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>86392663

This. I couldn't through all 6 mins of this crap.
>>
>>86404951

Giger was a hack that got lucky by finding Giger alive and available. Otherwise the franchise would have never existed and Alien would have been in the same level as Critters..
>>
File: 1502766348572.jpg (46KB, 471x542px) Image search: [Google]
1502766348572.jpg
46KB, 471x542px
>>86409230
>Giger was a hack that got lucky by finding Giger alive and available
>double Giger
>>
goddamn, Shaw then Daniels. can't be the only one who wants David stopped can I?
>>
>>86409230
giger cloned himself? damn, now i like the man even more
>>
>>86396944
you have 5 minutes to explain how Kingdom of Heaven and Gladiator had bad edits
>>
>tfw all the old mystery is gone and its all just another boring sci-fi centered around humans and their toys going rogue
>>
>>86409515
I was backing Walter but the twist was so obvious
>>
>>86394940
Alien > Aliens > Alien 4 > Alien vs Predator 2 > Covenant > Alien 3 > Prometheus > Alien vs Predator
>>
>>86397510
Scott also confirmed that Prometheus was not part of the alien universe when doing press for it. I think he's just gone a bit senile at this point.
>>
>>86392920
Did you forget that David was already an asshole in Prometheus?
>>
>>86410690
oops, I it was meant to be <
>>
>>86409894

I'm stupidly optimistic that it'll be fixed and this Engineers bullshit will turn out to be a hoax by a company or something
>>
>>86410810
citation needed
>>
>>86390263
>It's literally nanomachines, son

Ridley scott is an idiot. A good director/writer can make some really true kino from his ideas but we'll never get that now.
>>
>>86411419

Engineers were a great edition. Fuck off. Trying to please dipshits like you were why Covenant sucked dick.
>>
People who prefer covenant over prometheus deserve to be shot
>>
>>86394940
i was born in 1999. so my rankings are AVP > Predator > Aiens >Predator 2 > Alien resurrection >Predators >Prometheus >alien >Covenant >alien 3 >>>>>>AVP:R
>>
>>86390641
No but I did wonder about the engineer
And this: >>86391596
Kinda makes me sad, sounds like Scott wanted to explore the engineers more originally, which sounds like it would have been a lot better trilogy
>>
>>86409230
>Giger was a hack that got lucky by finding Giger alive and available
Now thats a movie i would watch
>>
>>86412037
i r8 7/10 but still needs some work
>>
File: Waifu Slayer.png (2MB, 2559x1063px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu Slayer.png
2MB, 2559x1063px
>>86409515
David, Waifu Slayer
>>
>>86405009

You realize theaters contribute to the advertising budget, right? If a movie makes double its budget, its considered a success. How the specific numerology involved works is anyone's guess since (((they))) don't publish detailed breakdowns, but movies that make double their budget are the ones that get sequels.
>>
File: robot.png (87KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
robot.png
87KB, 226x223px
>>86402369
this
>>
>>86406744
>But why would they attempt to exterminate us with the goo that makes xenomorphs?

They didn't, they made us as Guinea pigs to test the goo and similar tech on. They used their own dna to make us so that we would be suitable as proxies for themselves in medical research. The Engineer was amazed that lab rats had found their way off their planet and tracked their creators down, and disgusted when one of those rats claimed to be the equal of the Engineers.
>>
>>86390263
>alien isn't really an alien but a biological weapon

BRAVO SCOTTY BRAVISSIMO
>>
what's with cucks getting off on fucking machines and aliens butchering humans like dogs?

am i the only one who likes it the other way around?
>>
>have a scene that actually answers some questions about universe
>butcher it out

i don't even. It may be shit but i think it was needed in some way
>>
Scott is a fucking retard. He claims Alien to be HIS baby and yet the original writers are. Now the senile old bastard with a hundred fucked up ideas spread across two movies with a thousand plot holes now thinks he can fix it, he needs to hand over the franchise to a new director and take Fassbender with him. Ripley is the face of Alien, not that nigger lover.
>>
>>86412542
Half of Prometheus is like that
>>
>>86412685
>plot holes
such as? Always entertaining to hear what idiots think these are.
>>
>>86412011
Kys, faggot pretentious
>>
>>86412685

Fass is the new Weaver. The producers need to include them hampers the storylines. Ripley should have been done after Alien and most certainly after Aliens.

Prometheus was fine. Covenant should have been Shaw and Head of David dealing with Engineers. Not oh by the way, Shaw rebuilt David out of parts she couldn't possibly have and he dissected her offscreen and he murdered all the Engineers by wiping out one town.
>>
>>86412734
>implying he's wrong

You deserve to be shot.
>>
>>86410690
>putting alien vs predator 2 above anything
>putting alien 4 above alien 3
wow, how can one person hold so much shit taste? the ACTUAL order is obviously:
Alien = Aliens > Alien 3 > Covenant > AvP > Ressurection > Prometheus > AvP Requiem
>>
>>86411455
http://www.bbc.com/news/av/entertainment-arts-18298709/ridley-scott-says-prometheus-is-not-a-prequel-to-alien
>>
>>86403708
>Engineers, our DNA is compatible with the xenomorph because they used their own dna as the base to make us. There's nothing particularly "special" about humans, except that we have out-lived the civilization that created us.

Nigga, David straight up says that engineer DNA is shitty with it's compatability with the black goo.
>>
>>86413074

David thought Byron wrote Ozymandias. They go out of their way to show he's not a reliable narrator.
>>
>>86413074

No he doesn't you dope, how would he even know since he's never seen an Engineer infected by the goo? All he says is that humans DNA is extremely compatible, and since humans are made out of Engineer DNA the inference should be obvious.
>>
>>86413006
>prometheus above avp 2

At least AvP 2 is entertaining in a schlocky trash way.
>>
>>86413199
>HURR

So what you're saying is, you suffer from extreme mental retardation as well as MASSIVE faggotry and low-functioning autism? Sucks to be you.
>>
>>86413190
>how would he even know since he's never seen an Engineer infected by the goo?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_can_7SjHEE

You're right though, David talks about the planets wildlife being 'unfruitful', not the engineers.
>>
You guys keep saying ridley is senile and has dementia. What is your proof, specifically what points lead to this?
>>
File: 1502481723748.png (74KB, 424x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502481723748.png
74KB, 424x480px
>>86413258
t. redditor
>>
>>86413023
just reading that headline, he's right, it's not a prequel to alien.
>>
Unpopular opinion
I loved prometheus and I loved everything about prometheus in alien covenant and can't wait for mroe even tho it is just fucking pure insanity
>>
>>86398706
Why more people didn't object to sidelining the colony mission to land, I do not know.
>>
test
>>
>>86413515
because it was a smart thing to do?
>>
>>86413555
It's this near perfect planet in every way, but surely some more people would be skeptical about it not being picked up prior?
>>
>>86413258
I wasn't even who you were originally arguing with. I agree with your list entirely except for the final two, but if you prefer to spend your time entertained by mystery box clickbait rather than pulpy costumed fight scenes, I suggest you relegate your presence back to facebook like the reactionary normie you are.
>>
>>86413591
not their expertise
>>
>>86413466
Please respond to me.
>>
>>86413608

Joke's on you dipshit, I'm not any of the people involved in that conversation at all.
>>
>>86413741
gay incestuous robots
>>
Think Lindelof was right.
Some questions don't need answers.
>>
>>86413797
>Think Lindelof was right

Opinion disregarded :^)
>>
>>86413591

Why? No one could have known about it.
>>
>>86413591
And naturally, some of the crew members are.

It's a different case entirely when you've lost a percentage of your colony, damaged the power generation and had hull breaches. And then your new religious first in command comes across a deliverance of an even better, perfect world to save them their plight.

What's a complete mystery is how dumbasses complain about how unusual the landing is in the first place, when it's completely explored with over twenty minutes of exposition. Would you have preferred to watch a film in which the entire cast agrees to go back to bed and sleep until their arrival? A whole two hour and ten minute runtime, of absolutely fucking nothing?

Can you only remember something if it's illustrated by fucking cinemasins?
>>
>>86398215
how many cute ripley replacements is he gonna run thru? it takes a while to develop each one and then he wastes them. fuck him for killing shaw and fuck him for discarding the engineers. i dont want a monster movie. i want mythos.
>>
>>86413785
Ah, so you just have poor taste and spend your time insulting strangers on the internet. My most sincere apologies.
>>
File: IMG_1262.jpg (91KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1262.jpg
91KB, 570x587px
>>86412717
Watch the movies and you will not need to ask others to explain them to you or if you cant find them maybe you're in over your head.
>>
>>86413906

It's a "don't go up the stairs" thing. IRL, it's unnatural to assume the creepy killer is waiting for you.

Same deal here. They have zero reason to believe there is a race of engineered killing machines below. It's only stupid because we know what will happen.
>>
>>86413797
>Some questions don't need answers.

For some things, yes, the questions are important than the answer. A 'what if?' is better than a statement.

But Lindelof can only provide nothing but questions, even the questions he comes up with are without answers.

>>86413466
1. Mediocre recent film releases in comparison to a rather stellar film career.
2. He's getting old.
3. He's fucking with old franchises as George Lucas did.
>>
>>86413789
I see nothing wrong and wasn't David only pretending
>>
>>86414027
got it, so you don't want to say which an embarrass yourself.
>>
>>86414036
Exactly. It's a case of the audience knowing what will happen, and the cast not, in combination of the simple screenwriting technique of "whatever the worst thing that can happen will happen next"
>>
>>86414125
he never said "no homo"
>>
>>86414125

I'm sure it was just his medication.
>>
>>86404951

I agree wholeheartedly. Guessing at but not understanding what is portrayed on screen is what Alien made a Sci-Fi movie rather than a horror/slasher flick.

As to prometheus and covenant, I really think they should have offered more than just one explanation as to what the Derelict ship was all about.

It just seems like they took the easiest road by branding the Xenomorphs the "Engineers" Bio-Weapon. Incidentally that is precisely what humans have tried use them for ever since they stumbled upon them. So the big fucking secret, the payoff for all that mystery is that they were Bio-Weapons all along? Whee.

Why not offer three seperate explanations without ever resolving any of them? It gives you a reason to flesh out three scientific characters instead of a crew of forgettable married couples. There is plenty of conflict to be had within the group with these characters as they face the Xenomorph threat. You could even explore the different conclusions and predictions for Xenomorph behavior these individuals would draw and still have all of them die because Xenomorphs are all about adaptation.

Anything would have been better than outright telling the audience what species has been created by whom.
>>
>>86393814
This did happen in the comic sequel to Prometheus
>>
>>86414435

That's exactly what they did. What is the obession you faggots have with elephant men?
>>
>>86414466

This is a board for discussing the grown-up medium of film. Go to /co/ with your manbaby funnybook shit.
>>
>>86414466
no one gives a shit if it didn't happen in the movies
>>
>>86414509
>That's exactly what they did.
???
>>
>>86408955

got tier reaction pic.
>>
If the engineers were so advanced why did they live in caves and shit.
>>
>>86392410
Bale is not that handsome and a good body is attainable for almost anyone, especially with the help of the right chemicals
you dun goofed
>>
I have no words for how much I fucking hate ridley scott
even just cutting all the important shit to the plot out would be bad enough but he fucking cut out fassbenders scenes
LITERALLY EVERY SCENE WITH HIM IS 100X BETER THAN THE REST OF HTE MOVIE BECAUSE HE CAN ACT
THE CHARACTER OF THE ROBOT AND HOW EVERYONE TREATS HIM LIKE SHIT UNTIL THEY NEED HIM WAS INTERESTING
WHY CUT IT YOU FUCKING SENILE CUNT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
and the fucking ending WITHOUT mcbride was cut for NO REASON
WHY DO YOU WANT THAT FAT UNFUNNY SHIT IN YOU MOVIE FOR MORE THAN A SECOND
WHY WAS THE SOLAR SAIL CG SO FUCKING BAD GOD ALMIGHTY
>>
>>86414633

The space jockey was an engineer in a biomechanical suit. Difference is he didn't look like an elephant but a human.
>>
>>86414692
it was in fashion
>>
>>86414726
Never understood why people thought he was good anyway.

Most good directors, you don't need to wait for a director's cut of their movie or have to watch additional/deleted scenes to understand the whole story.
>>
>>86414509

wat?
>>
>>86414748
Did you even read his post? Try again >>86414435
>>
>>86392109
Same
I don't care about more ALIEN movies, we've already had those.
>>
File: jesus fucking christ.webm (3MB, 1278x720px) Image search: [Google]
jesus fucking christ.webm
3MB, 1278x720px
>>86414804
It's just denial
I keep telling myself maybe this time he'll remember how he made the good bits of alien and blade runner and we'll get another great movie
it never happens but I'm so fucking desperate for more shit based of anything geiger did that I'll go anyway
it feels like an addiction and I fucking hate it
at least the games and comics and sometimes books can be okay/good/great
certainly a lot better than his trash
>>
Somewhat related is Alien 3 worth watching? I've heard both good and bad things but I never saw it.
I got my eyes on the Assembly Cut.
>>
>>86406744
>Anyway Scott said they wanted to kill humans because Jesus was an engineer and we crucified him. I'm not making that up.
I thought they were like 7+ feet tall. Everyone else says Jesus was a manlet. You'd think him being a giant would be taken note of.
>>
>>86414902
The assembly cut can be good but I feel like it might not be as enjoyable if you don't watch the release version first, just so you have the preconception of it being pretty shit.
>>
>>86414890

Did you read what they were "agreeing wholeheartedly" with?
>>
>>86414902
The thing about Alien 3 is that it was Fincher's first movie ever, and he spent the entire production getting the script slapped out of his hands by the bigwigs that hired him every step of the way. Thankfully it just made him a better director
>>
>>86414965

>fincher directs Covenant with no Fox interference

How much does it improve?
>>
>>86411943
>Engineers were a great edition
they sure were
>>
>>86414947
he was a midget engineer and that's why they killed him.
>>
>>86415094
>with no Fox interference
better than any movie ever made in the alien franchise and better than most every movie after the turn of the century
saying there's no fox interference is cheating though
>>
>>86414893
good engine
>>
Can we talk about the weird CG with the babby aliens? What was that about?
The grown Xenomorph looked fine but the bursters had that 2011 The Thing glossy, PS3 graphics shit on them.
>>
>>86406930
Fuck off. You piece of shit, you're why Scott keeps ruining the franchise.
>>
MINI XENOOO
>>
>>86415230
budget: $93mil
>>
>>86415230
Also the CG on the actual Alien when he was in the ship. I now know that insted of just clipping, his back vents sort of fold down when he's going through the ladder hole. Still looks like utter trash.
His movement is fucked as well, as is the STUPID FUCKING ALIEN VISION WHY DOES HE SEE IN AIDS
And the fucking solar sails which looked barely PS2 teir.

On another note, does anyone have some stills of the body in the ship(the actual covenant, not the lander) with the chest burst open? When I saw it in the pictures I could have sworn there were tits on it, despite the only person it could have been being the gay bloke. I'm not about to download the movie, because it's trash, just to get that one still
>>
>>86415389
This you mean? The only other kills on the ship were in the shower I think.
>>
>>86415576
Yeah, that one. In my defense he has a bretty big chest there especially with all the guts. Glad that they at least managed to keep things proper and it was just my blindness.
On a side note, using the original icons like on that screen makes my blood boil. Put it on a fucking CRT or don't use it at all, if you're going to have fucking hologram controls then stick to your stupid generic gay ugly futuristic style instead of trying to appease people with taste with tiny little fucking wink wink remember when I made something not trash
fuck
>>
>>86414697
>bale is not that handsome
Let's see a pic of your face then, gorgeous
>>
>>86415029

>guy who agreed wholeheartedly

So? I agreed with him stating that it would have been way more interesting to explore the mystery of the alien origin. This does in no way mean "Show and tell us explicitly how and why the aliens were created.". You can explore the lore without closing the door on every open plot point à la "It's been midichlorians all along guise!"

Turning the pilots of the derelict spaceship into "Life-Engineers" is just the easy way out.

They could have been traders looking for some predators to sell their cargo of Xenomorphs to. It could have been a warship setting out to wipe out an entire space-faring race. It could have been a scientific vessel on a mission to decode DNA by having the Xenomorph interact with it.

The possibilities were endless and Scott hammed it up by making the Xenomorphs what humans had seen in them all along. A dangerous animal.

Way to go.
>>
>>86393185
Great argument.
>>
>>86415750
Now that you mention it isn't the tech too futuristic, considering Alien happens later and the ship in that one looks like something made in someone's garage compared to this one.
>>
>>86415968
I'm not going to post my face on 4chan retard.
And I meant it in the Hollyjew context, where everyone is as pretty as they come.
>>
>>86416191
Yuh huh
The argument in Prometheus was that it was the trillion dollar ship that weyland himself was in, so he would spend all the money he could to make it as good as possible
that falls flat when you find out everyone he hired is both incompetent and suicidal but that's ignored usually
in covenant it's even more advanced and it's not even that further in the future than Prometheus
scott is a hack
>>
DABID
>>
>>86397132
>more mundane than some mysterious black goo, way to ruin yet another mystery.
'black goo' is fucking stupid, and lazy. Replacing the mystery of the xenos and space jockey with 'this weird stuff, that does...stuff'. Absolutely ridiculous to base a whole trilogy on this nonsense.
>>
>>86416434

They should never have introduced the black goo shit without first having a good and thorough understanding of what it was and what it did exactly.
>>
>>86404951
agreed. There is more wrong with the new alien films but you certainly made a solid point.
>>
>>86416597
I feel like they had a decent idea during Prometheus but dumbed it down for Covenant (because they missed the point of all the criticisms towards Prometheus)
>>
>>86416384

>weyland's ship is more expensive than anything and the trip is further than anything ever
>10 years later they can go just as far plus the distance the engineer ship traveled.

The timelines make no sense whatsoever.
>>
>>86415990

There was nothing easy about if it takes 3 movies to explain.

>trying to insert AvP shit into

Spotted the fucking retard.
>>
>>86416690

What I got from Prometheus is that the black goo is some sort of "radical life". It interacts with anything that is biologically advanced enough to decrease its entropy over time. The black goo breaks up the biological/genetical structure of the lifeform much like a radical atom would break up the structure of molecules. The result is an extremely aggressive, short-lived lifeform.

The next logical step would be to condense the radicality and aggression of this "black goo" and render it stable. That's where you get the Xenomorph. One better way to explain the Xenomorph RIGHT THERE.

I wish the prequels were good.
>>
>>86390641
The fact is, this new prequel saga is not an horror like the first alien
Even if it has the same title, this is intended to be sci-fi,and it's amazing
>>
>>86416960

>implying there was a coherent theory of Engineer-BlackGoo-Human-Xenomorph biological relationships Scott was trying to communicate in Prometheus/Covenant

Not sure what 3'rd movie you're talking about there.
>>
>>86417006
>What I got from Prometheus is that the black goo is some sort of "radical life"

There is nothing to suggest that.
>>
>>86397018
You're so fucking tard
You would act even more stupidly if you were in that circumstance
This is why dumb people dislike covenant
>>
>>86417006
my assumption was that the engineers used it both to create life as well as destroy it

create life by sacrificing at least one of their own on a habitable planet and seeding all of their broken down DNA alongside with the goo's accelerant, after which long-term evolution took care of the rest

and on the other side, wipe the slate clean if their creations were shit and reap all the potential benefits from the hybrid biomechanical lifeforms which would emerge from a goo-bombing run
>>
>>86417197

The 3rd movie is the one meant to tie it all together.

What theory are you looking for that isn't given? The Engineers have the ability to mutate life and rewrite DNA through the form of the goo, which they can change to do whatever.
>>
>>86411419
You're right, that is stupid.
>>
>>86412103
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>>86408843
This is definetly something you have to watch AFTER the movie,because it's a sort of prequel of awakening and reveals some doubts about covenant
>>
>>86412331
fugg no, they can't keep butchering our waifus unimpeded.
pro human, subservient bots, ded aliens.
>>
>>86392109
This.
>>
>>86417350
>the goo, which they can change to do whatever.
There's your problem with the whole concept, right there.
>>
>>86400710
>explain why Terminators look like Arnold

A deleted scene from Terminator 3 already did that.
>>
>>86417853

That they can specifically modify it to a given task? Do medications and things like electricity baffle you, too?
>>
File: really makes you think.jpg (50KB, 764x429px) Image search: [Google]
really makes you think.jpg
50KB, 764x429px
>>86401065
>eggs made from Shaw in a "fossilized" Engineer ship
>>
>>86417325
>>86417350
see
>>86417853

>>86417216
Not in Prometheus, there isn't. But in Covenant, the black goo shit, appears to behave very much like a biological lifeform. It reacts on the change of its surroundings, it feeds and grows on the biochemical ingredients available to it and it becomes self-referential in producing offspring.

Prometheus didn't make much sense to me. The Black Goo was just a "plot hax" device. Create life, alter life, create aliens, heck maybe it can be used as a combustible propellant as well?

The variety of applications for the Black Goo makes only sense if it is able to interact with "lifeforms" in a radical way which interferes with the lifeforms normal behaviour.
>turning humans into zombie killer freaks
>dissolving Engineer DNA
>creating/infecting fauna on a foreign planet that reproduces black goo

So much thought could have been put into these movies. So little has been protrayed on screen.
>>
>>86417936

There was never any indication whatsoever of Engineers tampering with the black goo before it interacted with another lifeform.

Its always the same black goo that takes Engineers apart, mutates humans into goo-spitting zombies or makes infertile women give birth to weird alien hybrids.

If the black goo is a versatile, mutable tool, it needs to be portrayed as such. It rather appeared that the black goo acted of an accord of its own, much like the Xenomorphs.
>>
>>86418232

We all know Covenant makes no sense. That's not Prometheus' fault.

In the first, it exists to alter DNA. The second, it's as you said. All is fine to a point but it contradicts itself with the spores. That doesn't mesh with what David says about it only feeding on meat and mammals.

It doesn't interact that we see aside from being a weaponized way of corrupting evolution. Therefore it makes sense they can alter it for different applications. It also makes sense that it would be self-evolving to prevent immunity.

In Prometheus, we get the engineer dissolving and seeding Earth. We get David infecting Holloway, which creates the facehugger in Shaw, which creates the Deacon. That's it. We don't see how the thing that got Fiefield came to be.

Covenant is where it goes off the rails because suddenly the goo-->mist-->bloodbursting.

Then there are inexplicable spores which kick off the new bursters.

Basically instead of God did it, it's David did it... offscreen somewhere.
>>
>>86418374

>If the black goo is a versatile, mutable tool, it needs to be portrayed as such.

It was. That's what you're complaining about. That it can do anything. Does David not say that is amazingly mutable in Covenant?
>>
>>86418705
Covenant made sense best it could, building off Prometheus's nonsense.
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.