[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I rewatched Pickle Rick and it's really not as bad as I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

I rewatched Pickle Rick and it's really not as bad as I remember it. The part at the start was good when they're in the house. I skipped the psychologist's monologue at the end although the rest was a good time. It's not the best episode but I don't know why it made so many people lose their mind.
>>
>>86384114
>I turned myself into a pickle morty
>>
>>86384170
The show has always had shitty quotes like that.
>SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
>>
>>86384114

It's popular so contrarion faggots gotta shitpost about how enlightened they are for thinking a cartoon is stupid while the plebs who enjoy it ate probably throwing shit at each other.
>>
>>86384369
Pretty much this.
>>
GOOD episode
>>
someone shoop the face onto this pls
>>
>>86384369

It's popular, so idiotic "fandom" springs up and justifies whatever bullshit happens as if there's no room for criticism.

We've been here before with The Simpsons, South Park, Futurama. People who genuinely like the shows note a drop in quality but the "fandom" won't have it because they think circlejerking about the show is the show. <insert famous quip>
>>
dont listen to all the naysayers and KEKHOLDS who got BTFO in november... they're the same type of IDIOTS that hate on rick and morty, dumb libtards who dont understand ANYTHING about ANYHTING

fuck THIS IDIOT KEKS

MAGA
A
G
A

this episode was funny.... great... and well written
>>
>>86384114
I still don't get why the creators were saying in the behind the scenes clips that the therapist "outsmarts" Rick, like I'm pretty sure anyone watching the show could have given that level of analysis since it was so obvious and spelled out for you

Morty and Summer seemed to be pretty self-aware even in the first ep of this season, it seemed like the therapy was mainly to get Beth to realize something extremely obvious (Rick lied to avoid a stupid family meeting)
>>
>>86388424
>Rick lied to avoid a stupid family meeting
This was a pretty good twist.
>>
>>86388958
>twist

you are messing with me, right?
>>
The therapist monologue was what ruined the entire episode.

That and the graphic violence. It's fine, but Rick and Morty was never about that and when it happened it was a small part of the episode.
>>
>>86388277

Work on your roleplaying.
>>
The problem with the episode is the entire pickle rick thing. The Therapist scene is arguably justified for the sake of actually propelling the characters forward (and even if it does break the rules of writing, like, it only serves to convey what was blatantly obvious in season one anyway).

But having to waste twenty minutes watching Rick gun his way through a building in a schlocky action sequence - seemingly capable of coming up with an infinite number of intricate contraptions in seemingly seconds - without prior planning of any kind - makes him feel weirdly inhuman (the subsequent episode also suffers from this), since Rick's intellect basically serves to make him an omnipotent god and thus infallible.

That and all the action only exists to explicitly re-iterate (for the sake of the therapist b-plot) that yes, Rick does bottle up his emotions and is willing to place himself in perilous odds just to avoid either confronting them or in order to get a buzz.

On a mechanical level, it still works as a story but as a narrative, it's really just a big fat waste of time.
>>
PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.