[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck did I just watch?!? This has to be the most blatant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

What the fuck did I just watch?!?

This has to be the most blatant case of whitewashing I have ever seen!

Troy was a greek city, greece is a middle eastern country yet all men are blonde!

Where are the africans? The Phoenician traders?

Not a single black man while at least 1/3rd should have been black!

IT'S 2017 FOR FUCKS SAKE PEOPLE!
>>
This movie is the epitome of racist, misogynistic (Elena is just a trophy), patriarchal, white supremacist, nazi, transphobic propaganda.
The most problematic movie of the century
>>
why are you larping faggots creating these threads & the /got/ threads ?
>>
>>86377641
there is nothing funny about racism you prick
>>
PICKLE RICK IS IN DA HOUUUUUSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE TONIIIIGGGHTTT
>>
>>86377511
Troy wasnt a greek city you dumb cunt, nor is greece a middle eastern country. Troy is a lost city and a rather fictional place for that matter.
>>
>>86377874
>Troy is a lost city and a rather fictional place for that matter.
It was a real city, and it had a black king.

Inform yourself, pig!
>>
can we ban fake outrage pol threads? it's really annoying
>>
>>86377511
What's so insulting about being called a sack of wine?
>>
>>86377970
> fake outrage
fuck you!

why is everyone here so fucking terrible?

RACIST MUCH?

educate yourself
>>
>>86377970
not so much annoying that it is krinj
>>
>>86377874
I mean, ancient Ilium is for sure real. It's just that the events that occurred there as recorded by Homer were probably greatly exaggerated or drastically altered via numerous generations of oral tradition.

It was most likely a fortified neo-Hittite trading post that got looted by the Mycenaeans after a natural disaster. This major raid was gradually transformed into an epic war by Greek story tellers.
>>
>>86377874
The major city of Troy, which was an important stage for so many greek epic poems, was never proved to be found. Therefore a fictional place.

So suck a dick
>>
>>86377511

It's funny because these cringe posts are about movies that are hilariously juvenile trash so it's a good sign of the average /pol/tard's pathetic pleb taste and mind
>>
>>86377511
They wanted to make a movie that people would want to watch for fun, instead of a movie that people had to sit through in order to virtue signal.

Sadly, they failed.
>>
>>86378585
>Troy, which was an important stage for so many greek epic poems, was never proved to be found

I'm pretty sure the great majority of contemporary scholars have reached a consensus that (some of) the ruins at modern-day Hisarlık are the remains of historical Troy. The only thing that's really up for debate is the historicity of the Iliad (which is to say almost none of Homer's writings are accurate beyond the fact that the Greeks were in Troy in great numbers and killing people sometime around 1200 BCE).
>>
The Greeks were olive skinned if anything. Achilles is numerously described as being blonde as well.

If anything Troy should have had some darker skinned soldiers. In fact, Memnon, king of the Aethiopians, fought for the trojans. He was surely black.
>>
>>86379401
Mycenaeans were likely darker in complexion than most Hellenes were by the Archaic period when the Iliad was presumably written. The inhabitants of Troy would have likely been Syro-Hittites and thus darker still.

You really can't trust jack shit in terms of the Homeric writings or later works based upon it; there were no historical records to inform fine details, so stuff was typically drawn from contemporary sources or outright fabricated. Take chariots for example - Homer didn't have a fucking clue how they were used in warfare 400 years before his birth, so he just wrote what sounded plausible.
>>
> Americans telling Europeans what Europeans look like

Talk about cultural appropriation
>>
fuckken racists. we must bash the fash!
>>
>>86379401

Achilles was ginger actually
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.