[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who the fuck okayed the decision to use modern nigger music in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

Who the fuck okayed the decision to use modern nigger music in the soundtrack when the film is clearly set in the jazz age of the 20s? Seriously makes this film unwatchable
>>
>>86369820
Also, read somewhere that some guy made a fan edit replacing all the monkey music with classy jazz music
But I can't find it anywhere on the face of the internet
>>
jews
>>
>>86369820
That's the least of its problems
>>
>>86369820
A friend told me there was a scene with a drag race and dancers with pasties. Goddamn. Would be like playing Frank Zappa in the Gilded Age.
>>
goat movie say no more
>>
>>86369994
Elizabeth Debicki was a pretty good casting, makes my dick hard in every scene she'sin
also, I like how they expanded her character's and toby's relationship in the film
cause in the books it comes off as him being a fag
>>
>>86370045
>GOAT movie
I know that is why I'm complaining about the nigger music
>>
>>86370010
now theres a movie
>>
>>86369820
Luhrman had a hit with Romeo+Juliet so now he tries to copy that every time. Somehow having a choir sing Prince and featuring modern firearms in a Shakespeare play doesn't feel as jarring as all the shitty movies he pumped out afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8uqQ5FgHYs
>>
>>86369820
>>86369872
>"nigger music" vs. "classy" jazz music
The irony is intentional right
>>
It fit the tone. Hearts a mess is kino
>>
>>86370299
>seriously defending the shitty soundtrack
you don't deserve those dubs, mister
>>
>>86370299
>jazz was invented by black people in a vacuum i learned it from /mu/
>>
>>86370369
He was implying jazz is as much "nigger" music as hiphop and not defending the soundtrack, you reddit fuck.
>>
H U N N I D

D O L L A

B I L L

R E A L
>>
>>86370399
>rap was invented by black people in a vacuum i learned it from /pol/
>>
Because it was a modern story when it was written, adding modern elements to it gives it a nudge toward a modern atmosphere without redoing the entire story/aesthetic.
>>
>>86370450
but reddit does not approve of using the n-word, nigger
>>
>>86369820
Because Baz made a hit with moulin rouge, which did the same thing with contemporary music.
>>
>>86369820
Jazz
>nigger music of the 1910s
Hip-Hop
>nigger music of the 2010s
Moving Picture Shows
>cash grab entertainment of the 1910s
3D movies
>cash grab entertainment of the 2010s

It's kino
>>
>>86370508
>what is language
>>
>>86369872
The fan edit is called The Greater Gatsby
https://ifdb.fanedit.org/the-greater-gatsby/
can't find links for this anywhere
>>
>>86370543
There's two sides to the reddit. The cringy dumb leftist normies, and edgy sperglords from the_donald. Being compared to any of them is equally offensive.
>>
>>86369820
>>
>>86370666
for someone who hates reddit, you sure do know a lot about it, huh?
you redditors and your typical tricks
>>
One story that always sticks out to me about this film: They shot a version of the "Her voice, it's full of money" scene from the book, which is a pretty important detail. Then they realised it 'interrupted the flow' of Gatsby's arc at that moment (paraphrasing), so they cut it out. But then when you watch the deleted scene itself, it's apparent that they completely misunderstood/fucked up the tone of it, and had they done it accurately it would have been a non-issue. So the sheer botching of the adapting process became a problem for the film in editing, leading to even further botching. That's impressively messy.

It's a pretty film, but the story is supposed to be nuanced and critical rather than an opulent melodrama. Luhrmann and his style were always far too shallow to actually handle it. It's like if you let Zack Snyder adapt Watchm- uh never mind.

The anachronistic music is possibly the only interesting choice in the entire production, particularly the way they integrated it with jazz-style band arrangements. (eg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB74iSkBcLw) Brechtian.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.