[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be some character used to logically advance plot >get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 13

File: gendry-1366x768.jpg (135KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
gendry-1366x768.jpg
135KB, 1366x768px
>be some character used to logically advance plot
>get lost for 4 sesons because you are no longer needed
>after show creators run out o ideas you are brought back because reddit fanboys hyped you

why none is talking about this? For my it was totaly retarded that they brought him back and also made him super-ass warrior. He was just some random character form few sesons ago. Is there any logical explanation to this? I felt like they just brought him because reddit wanted it. Normies probably dont even remember him.
>>
>>86367273
It did kind of add a surreal, fourth-wall breaking quality to it. The actor looks like he's done much less preparation for the role than when he first got it, like they wrote him into the script at the last minute.
The line by Davos "I thought you were still rowing" was too on the nose as well, because it explicitly referenced the meme. He should have said something that made more sense in-universe like "I always wondered if you ever made it out of that boat!"
>>
>puting characters reddit want into show
>putting le funny memes into show
>>
BIG DICK GENDRY
>>
>>86368137
That's Podrick
>>
>>86367273
Why does he look 47 years old?
>>
>>86367273
He's the last living "baratheon" isn't he?

I'm sure Jon or danaerys will legitimize him and he'll bring back the baratheon house
>>
>>86369108
Stannis
>>
George planned it all along, he will become best friends with Jon and fight alongside him in the war to come, it's a parallel between Ned and Robert's relationship. There will be tumblr memes of these two for years to come.
>>
>>86369158
1 gold dragon has been deposited in your Iron Bank account
>>
>>86369002
this had to do a double take for a striking resemblence to based Christian Bale
>>
File: 252591999.jpg (69KB, 1367x331px) Image search: [Google]
252591999.jpg
69KB, 1367x331px
>>86369158

Anon I am so sorry......
>>
File: 1502718063026.png (160KB, 472x624px) Image search: [Google]
1502718063026.png
160KB, 472x624px
He will kill Khaleesi
>>
>>86367273
>/tv/ literally for months shitposts about how he is still rowing to this day
>ser davos literally references how people thought he was still rowing
what did the show writers mean by this
>>
>baratheons win a civil war and topple a dynasty that ruled for centuries
>entire house goes extinct in
wait how many years have passed in-universe since the show started?
>>
>>86369108
jon didnt even known he existed. Why would davos risk smugglin mission, left boat unattended and go to speak to some random character form few sesons ago? he probably knew like a lot of people in kings landing. Why he aproched him? there as no logical reason for that. Also how come this unexpirence kid is now badd ass killer that will kill wights? I bet in next episode he will fight just like the rest well trained knights and fighters even if he is just random noob that never fought before
>>
>>86369108
>He's the last living "baratheon" isn't he?
>Houses of Westros rule for hundreds or thousands of years
>Wiped out in a single war because nobody has cousins
Besides the Lannisters were there any adult characters with first cousins? Let alone second cousins? There should be a thousand people crawling out of the woodwork following all these deaths.
>I'm a second cousin twice removed of Mace Tyrell
>I'm a cousin if Eddard Stark
>Bobby B and me have the same grandfather
>>
>>86369361
>/tv/ only post for week
>meme goes int reddit
>only normies from reddit post it on /t/v
>show runners did this to pleas reddit
>that the only reason he is in show.
>>
He is going to kill a dragon with one blow to it's fucking face. Get hype.
>>
>>86369577
I always thought they'd go onto form their own houses.
>>
>>86369493
dabids have no sense of scale. Stark family is 5 people, Baratheon is 3 people, Lannisters are 4.
>>
>>86369973
Fantasy writers don't have a sense of scale, this problem is not unique to them.
Seriously, the continent is South America size, how do they speak the same language, the caucuses alone has dozens.
>>
>>86369577
thats why this show is retarded. In medieval times everyone especially noble houses had like 15 child to make sure they have hier. Also they had like milion cousins. Even now people have at least few cousins or relatives. In show they kill 5 people - bam house that lasted for 10k years (another retarded thing) is dead now
>>
File: IMG_1785.png (1MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1785.png
1MB, 1242x2208px
>>86367273
He was always going to come back. It is obvious he is going be the one to forge the new Valerian Steel weapons using the dragon glass and dragon fire. Once you get Sam, Kelly C, Jon, Gendry and Ringo all together it won't be long before they are making it. It's the solution that Sam was looking for in Oldtown. The recipe might be in one of the scrolls he took. Gendry's mentor reforged ice for fucks sake. Also He is going to be warden of the south when it is all said and done.

Ps sorry for phone posting but I am not home.
>>
>>86367273
>Normies probably dont even remember him
>Normies
Implying you aren't a normie fuck for watching this tumblr fanfiction
kys
>>
>>86370243
>you have eyes
>you are normie
>>
>>86370142
Perhaps ASOIAF has literally nothing to do with medieval times. Thats why you're retarded.
>>
>>86369959
IIRC the only cadet branches ever mentioned are Baratheon (cadet branch of the Targs) and Karstark (cadet branch of the Starks). Even then cadet branches were generally only formed when one house eclipsed another. So Eddard's second cousins would still be Starks unless they became lords of the Riverlands or Vale or something in which case they might be known as Riverstarks or Valestarks or whatever.

Beyond that cadet branches were still treated as legal successors unless it would mess with a balance of power, so unless the next in line to the Reach was already lord of Dorne or something he would still be the legal heir.
>>
>>86370320
ofc its prehistoric age and neanderthal times. How i could be so dumb, i guess castles and all that medieval shit fooled me.
>>
>>86369002
I feel like it's always twinks that make these posts.
>>
>>86370320
t. man with no cousins
Even in the modern day pretty much everyone has cousins, second cousins, third cousins, etc.
>>
>>86370428
Hey retard, he meant that it's fantasy medieval times.
>>
why did dany just let Jaime and Bronn escape?
>>
>>86370645
Which means only one of your sons will ever reproduce?
>>
>"I was worried you were still rowing."
CRINGE
>>
>>86370428
Wait you're right, I completely forgot about little forest kids, wyverns, and undead ice monsters marching across 5th century Europe

>>86370475
Nigga everyone dies in this show. The main characters from episode/book 1 were all involved in major conflicts at some point in their life.
>>
>>86370725
Sure, if it serves the entirely fictional story. Idiot.
>>
>>86370769
>>86370776

>Nigga everyone dies in this show. The main characters from episode/book 1 were all involved in major conflicts at some point in their life.
>Literally everyone of entire houses just happen to be wiped out
Massive coincidences are still considered plot holes.
>>
>>86370725
Robb: kil before reproduce
Rickon: kil before can jack off
Bran: has no dickon

Sometimes none of your sons reproduce. This isn't based in reality. This is fantasy. They have decade long winters for fuck sake.
>>
>>86370138
>Seriously, the continent is South America size, how do they speak the same language

Because it got invaded, twice, by people who spoke the same language. Just like, you know, South America (except Brazil).
>>
>>86370645
still thae vahe the same birth control method that medieval europe and they are fucking like you never will so there should be a lot o cousins and further family not like 3 people in entire house
>>
>>86370698
The guy was in plate armor, she probably thought he would sink to the bottom of the Blackwater. Also Drogon's head was blocking her field of view, she might think they were incinerated
>>
I hope the white walkers kill them all tbhfamalam
>>
>>86370743
>le cringe XD
kys
>>
>>86370142
Not so retarded. Many of Rome's best emperors were forced to adopt adult heirs since people just randomly died all the time.
>>
Jon doesn't want the throne he wants da norf

Cersei gonna die

Mad King Dany gonna die

They need a rightful king on the throne
>>
>>86367273
They just needed to kill off a loose end. He will die by the end of the season
>>
>>86371771
Once he learns he's the rightful heir he will want it because DUTY. He's basically a softer Stannis. Stannis didn't want the throne either, he just saw it as his responsability.
>>
>>86371873
I hope not. I want more bastard bromance
>>
I fucking hated his retarded plastic Thor hammer that he kung-fu flipped around.

Robert's hammer was a warhammer, not some gigantic comic book thing. He may be strong but it just looked idiotic and flimsy and hollow.
>>
>>86370473
Could also be bears who prefer twinks.
>>
>>86371968
>bromance
This. I fear Jaime and Bronn's bromance is coming to an end. Gendry and Jon will have to take the reins.
>>
File: 1462831145735.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462831145735.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
His only reason now is to be plot device to fuck Arya and un-ninja-assassin-lebin-figher her. She will all in love with him and become normal
>>
File: 1471317974528.jpg (35KB, 483x399px) Image search: [Google]
1471317974528.jpg
35KB, 483x399px
>>86368137
>>86368846

For the longest while I thought they were the same character desu
>>
>>86372425
>tfw all of these plotlines have now been resolved or continued
>>
>>86369288
I actually thought in the episode last night he looked like a better looking Fassbender.
>>
>>86369338
As if the showrunners would spoil a twist like that with some fucking press release
>>
>>86372489
You're a retard. You thought Robert's bastard was prancing around in the fucking Red Keep?
>>
>>86367273
He was going to come back sooner or later
>and also made him super-ass warrior
You don't have to be super human in order to hit two people in the head with a surprise attack.
>Is there any logical explanation to this?
Yes, he was alive.
>>
>>86372535
Could've been incognito af. I wouldn't put it past D&D desu senpai
>>
>>86369577
>>86370142
Robert did have a lot of Bastards all over kings landing, until Cerci had them all killed. Stannis probably lost his drive to reproduce after how things went for his daughter.
>>
>>86372765
He died only a few days after burning his daughter though, and his wife hanged herself the same night.
>>
>>86372837
I was talking about the Greyscale.
>>
>>86367273
The show only exists to have normalfags tweet about every epic moment. Why was he brought back? Because he's a meme that normalfags would like to see again.
>>
>>86367273
I remember when GoT started, both the books and Season 1 were considered very nerdy stuff and only some of the guys i knew watched it/read the book.
Now nobody of my friends does that and GoT is favourite show for every Stacy out there.
Really makes you think.
>>
>>86369577
Yeah it's one of the things that makes almost no sense. There should be a ton of Baratheons/Baratheon cousins with a more legitimate claim to the throne than Cersei, so it doesn't make much sense that the Stormlands would support her.
>>
>>86367273
I thought that guy was this guy (pic related)
>>
>>86372425
Arya will marry him and they will rule the Stormlands

Screencap this
>>
>>86372989
I'm pretty sure that cousins do not have more legitimate claim to the throne then the queen.
>>
>>86372893
hooo okay.
>>
>>86370776
So you admit it's a plot contrivance and still don't think it should be criticized. That's a special kind of retarded.
>>
>>86373112
A queen through marriage does not have a royal claim. Cersei does technically have a claim to the throne through her heritage, but this is excluding all of the Baratheons, Jaime, and Tyrion who have a more legitimate claim than her.
>>
>>86369620
>/tv/ only post for week
https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/rowing/end/2017-08-12/
>only normies from reddit post it on /t/v
So, /tv/
>>
>>86370138

>the continent is South America size, how do they speak the same language

75% of the continent of South America speaks the same language retard
>>
File: rage.jpg (94KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
rage.jpg
94KB, 550x550px
>>86369158
oh my god fuck off stannis wasn't even a good character I'm glad that shit heap is gone

Lost every battle he ever fought, some magnificent general he was.
>>
>>86367273
It's shitty storytelling 101.

>Throw a bunch of balls in the air
>Let people forget about them
>Catch them whenever it is convenient for you and retcon how the character/concept got from point A to point B, if you even bother to fill in the blank at all
>Receive adoration from fans for your amazing storytelling which must have planned out super complex plot arcs way in advanced
>>
Me 2, you are not the only one.
>>
>>86371665

Wrong. most had children but they chose to adopt some heir from their inner circle because sometimes trusted companions are better at keeping your legacy alive than ingrate spoiled children. It regularly backfired tho because everyone will kiss the emperors ass while he lives
>>
>>86371955
stannis was a dumb power hungry deadbeat
>>
>>86367273
He just turns me on so fucking much. Hope there's a scene where he eats meat messily around a campfire.
>>
>>86372920
>intimately aware of the meme and yet considers himself not a part of it

This is like you dipshits all recognizing that shitty singer a while back and then pretending like you were somehow exempt from having shit tier taste in music.
>>
>>86367273

He's based Bobby B's kid, he's a natural born warrior
>>
>>86374557
This isn't historically true and even from what we saw on the show he totaled the wildlings
>>
File: 1502100897217.jpg (61KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1502100897217.jpg
61KB, 482x427px
>I'm surprised to see you here
>I thought you might still be rowing
Really, Davos? Really?
>>
>>86374793
>power hungry

Absolutely not. Melisande had him believe he was humanity's last best hope and he had an insanely strong sense of duty, that's all. He didn't particularly like ruling. It's clearer in the books.
>>
>>86374700
What did they retcon? Explain
>>
>>86369277
kek
>>
>>86372574
>You don't have to be super human in order to hit two people in the head with a surprise attack.
sure that moves was just normal hammering not some kind choreographed shit. also in next episode he will fight just as good as rest of them even that he is just kidd who never fought any battle.

>Yes, he was alive.
yous like any other hundreds character that was in show. He was just an episode, less important than podric and they brought him coz he got turned into meme
>>
>>86375033
Maybe retcon is the wrong word but they make up whatever happened on the spot to suit the new development. I'm speaking more in general terms than particularly about GOT. The idea that

>Writer sends character away
>Character is never heard from again
>Way later on, author feels character would be useful
>Write it so that the character magically appears in the right place at the right time, fill in whatever backstory makes this work on the fly
>Act like you're a genius who planned it all along
>>
File: got mask.png (326KB, 510x685px) Image search: [Google]
got mask.png
326KB, 510x685px
>>86372491
Who is she, anon?
>>
>>86367273
There is no way this show is gonna end without him sitting on the iron throne.

This episode basically confirmed Dany is gonna die too.
>>
>>86369538
Gendry has nothing to live for. But he has a bloodline and he has dreamed of more. He also bonds with Jon over bastard status and their father's history. Jon might make something of him and he knows it
>>
>>86375137
>yfw they wrap her plot up by making her a red priestess like mel or that one chick that scared varys
>>
I always lold when i watch this with my father. Especially now when all these characters meet and they have some sort of connection.

>gendry walks in
>who the fuck is this guy? he is bastard son of who? who is roberth baratheon? i dont remeber him
>>
>>86375274
yes but what was the reason to go ask him to join them? davos probably knew lot of grater fighters in KL why approach gendry? and why he was so willingly to join some stupid cause that has nothing to do with him?
>>
>>86375137
A shadowbinder from Asshai. Whatever that means. We know so little about Asshai that it's impossible to know what her powers are exactly, but she definitely knows a lot and makes accurate prophecies.
>>
>>86369538
Didn't Davos know Stan & Melly were going to sacrifice Gendry for his king's blood?
>>
>>86369361

Dickon and Rickon were a meme reference too. They're memers.
>>
>>86375743
yes and he saved him. So why he got back to him and now want him to risk his life?
>>
>>86373112
She's only royal through marriage. That hardly counts at all when the spouse is dead.
>>
File: wtfgriffith.jpg (41KB, 539x567px) Image search: [Google]
wtfgriffith.jpg
41KB, 539x567px
>>86367273
>some random character a few seasons ago
>the only surviving baratheon
>some random character
>heir to the house of baratheon
>random

OP is mad b/c they forgot that this show is a feudal drama and they're just spoiled for expensive battle scenes and can't stomach an episode trying to move this much plot in so little time

pic unrelated
>>
>>86375125
>magically appears in the right place at the right time, fill in whatever backstory makes this work on the fly
The fuck? He went back home, doing the same job he did before. I find it a stretch that Davos decided he needed to be involved, but it was the obvious place to find him.
>>
>>86375823
That is HARDLY the same thing. Gendry chose to risk his life of his own free will, he didn't chose to be slaughtered like a sheep by Mel. Who is Davos to decide he shouldn't be allowed to risk his life if it's what the kid wants?
>>
>>86376217
>heir
>bastard

also
what difference it make that gendry is robert bastard? its never stated that davos approached it because of this. Jon dont care about seven kingdoms and it seems that gendry neither. Davos could go and ask any random guy in KL and it would be the same
>>
>>86370142
Incorrect. Most medieval wars were succesion wars, when someone dies without sons or daughter which wasnt so uncommon, the other cousins and uncles etc everyone here are mentioning were from other kingdoms and it generated wars. Houses were feeble, most lasted about 3 generations.
>>
File: 1500507062166.jpg (28KB, 512x409px) Image search: [Google]
1500507062166.jpg
28KB, 512x409px
>>86370214
shit nigga that could be cool
>>
>>86376476
it is much different but why davos asked him to join them? why he even approached him. and what motivation gendry had to join them? theres no far feched answer to this. He is there coz hes memed and normies want him
>>
>>86376568
>most lasted about 3 generations.
>in got there most houses last for 10k years
>in show houses dying like flies

this show got some consistency
>>
>>86376485
hmmm i just had a realization that robert likely has unknown bastards in the vale and likely the riverlands that we don't know about....
>>
>>86367381
>>86367680
The line seemed fitting for Davos and regardless of the meme, it's probably what he would have said.
>>
>>86376774
>House Reyne went extinct
>House Seaworth popped up

Its the natural course of things, this war was just more brutal than all the others, consider it a mass extinction event. The 10k years is just bad writting, GoT's sucess comes from being quite serious and consistent for a fantasy but it still fell for the huge time periods without change in technology and 1000 years old reichs, blame fatty.
>>
>>86376714
Davos and Jon are DESPERATE for men and allies. Why wouldn't Davos check if Gendry wants to join? Not to mention, the guy is a smith, that's a pretty valuable resource for any war effort. In medieval times, captured smiths were chained to their forges and guarded 24/7 to avoid escape or suicide. As for why he would want to join, he said himself he had nothing keeping him in KL, he was just waiting for an opportunity like this.
>>
>>86377042
>Why wouldn't Davos check if Gendry wants to join
he probably know a lot of peple in kings landing like knight, fighters, worriors and he didnt check with them. what so special about him?

>the guy is a smith, that's a pretty valuable resource
they take him beyond the wall to fight not to make some swords

>he said himself he had nothing keeping him in KL
how convinient that he is willng to risk his life for people he dont know. also somehow he just can fight with hammer even if he was chained to his forge for 24/7
>>
>>86374969
This shitty line confirmed they literally only brought Gendry back for reddit gold.
>>
File: game-of-thrones-gendry-hammer.jpg (38KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
game-of-thrones-gendry-hammer.jpg
38KB, 618x412px
>tfw respec to arms and drop BS profession

The hammer has fucking antlers, guys
>>
>>86377411
Kill yourself /v/edditor.
>>
>>86377328
>he probably know a lot of peple in kings landing like knight

He hasn't been there in 20 years. He's been in Dragonstone, serving Stannis. Who can he trust not to betray him after all that time?

>they take him beyond the wall to fight not to make some swords

Nope, that's Gendry's choice. Davos didn't know they were going beyond the Wall when he came to him.

>how convinient that he is willng to risk his life for people he dont know

People he doesn't know? Davos saved his life at the risk of his own. I'd say that would be enough to establish at least some sort of trust towards him.
>>
>>86378067
>Davos didn't know they were going beyond the Wall

Bad phrasing, I meant him and Davos. My point was he didn't come to Gendry specifically to recruit him on the Mission.
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.