[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>let's give Luc Besson hundreds of millions of our money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: ssd.png (99KB, 855x383px) Image search: [Google]
ssd.png
99KB, 855x383px
>let's give Luc Besson hundreds of millions of our money to make a movie.
>>
>>86355390
J U S T
>>
good, hopefully thos two goblins cast as the main stars will never work again
>>
>>86355390
he used his own money
>>
>>86355390
>Luc Besson

first time I hear this, didnt know he was directing this shit.

I never liked the fifth element, I'm glad this shit is bombing.
>>
>>86355390
terrible fucking leads
>>
>city of a thousand planets
>show a control room and the sewers from it
>cara and the manlet wannabe chad
>space jews

Oh it failed? Shocker!
>>
50 million of it was straight up given to him by the banks

I think it's made it's money back via all the shit surrounding it, but I don't think it made a delicious profit. Hopefully that means with DVD sales, we'll get a second.

I always laugh at whatever reviewer put, "the first 25 minutes of this film should be played at the Louvre, constantly, but the other hour should be sold to Disney so they can throw it in with the rest of the trash they put out."
>>
File: ds.png (76KB, 643x227px) Image search: [Google]
ds.png
76KB, 643x227px
>>86355511
>he used his own money
That's Luc Besson, not George Lucas, you imbecile.
>>
>>86355390

>Let's give

Who gave it to him?

It was produced by his own studio.
>>
>>86355607

He did use "his" own money.

His studio produced it.

His studio will probably produce a lot less shitty Liam Neeson and Jet Li action movies for the next few years as a result too.
>>
>>86355604
>I think it's made it's money back via all the shit surrounding it, but I don't think it made a delicious profit. Hopefully that means with DVD sales, we'll get a second.
>I've no fucking idea how movie accounting works

It literally lost tens of millions of dollars.
>>
>>86355694
losing a hundered million
>>
>>86355604
>I think it's made it's money back
not by a fucking mile. it's like a 150million off
>>
File: 1497657912046.jpg (19KB, 379x379px) Image search: [Google]
1497657912046.jpg
19KB, 379x379px
>>86355960
>>86355694
am i not doing meme magic, right?
>>
Funny (or actually sad) how his "most expensive indie film in cinema history" turned out looking like any other run-of-the-mill generic big budget blockbuster.
>>
>>86356090
>turned out looking like any other run-of-the-mill generic big budget blockbuster.

It looked far more enticing then the substandard generic drivel we've come to expect from Marvel-Disney tbqh senpai.
>>
File: dane.png (200KB, 600x230px) Image search: [Google]
dane.png
200KB, 600x230px
>>86355498
>goblins cast as the main stars

Leave Dane alone!!!
>>
>>86356231
Yeah don't know about that, yeah it was generally pretty but in reality it looks just like JJ Abrams Star Trek in an Avatar setting.
>>
>>86356398
The whole pearl planet/people thing did give off a strong avatar vibe, both in concept and in appearance. Not sure how much of it was created for the movie and how much was taken from the source comic which I've never read.

Still I prefer the world building of Valerian over Avatar's by far. It felt more vast, alive and imaginative. Just wish the movie had been done better. (Script, casting, pacing and editing)

JJ Trek is the absolute worst, in part due to all the potential abrams wasted, in part due to it just being generic scifi action crap.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.