[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>4 good episodes in a row and /tv/ still won't admit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 24

File: image.jpg (206KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206KB, 1920x1080px
>4 good episodes in a row and /tv/ still won't admit that they're wrong
I have to give you all credit for being dedicated in your wrong opinions
>>
>>86349550
What
>>
1 > 4 >>> 3 >> 2
>>
>>86349550
Stop watching this.
>>
File: 80517637.gif (766KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
80517637.gif
766KB, 320x240px
>>86349550
2 and 3 were total garbage and I love this show.

Every season has 2 bad episodes. And this one used them up rather quickly.
>>
File: 1502670730295.jpg (75KB, 537x534px) Image search: [Google]
1502670730295.jpg
75KB, 537x534px
>>86349550
>4 good episodes in a row
>>
>>86349809
>average day of a /tv/ mod
>>
did they sudenly released 4 episodes last night?
>>
>>86349550
They fucked up the Israel joke.
>>
>>86349809
>>86349835
>>86349868
Rickshank Redemption was good
Rickmancing the stone was good
Pickle Rick was good
Vindicators 3 was good.
You're lying to yourself if you say otherwise
>>
>no retarded earth storyline with MUH MARRIAGE
Thank fuck. More episodes like this with just Rick, Morty and some fun scifi scenarios.
>>
>>86349915
The Mad Max episode was shit. I was expecting so much more. Seriously only the Armthony made me laugh.

Pickle Rick parts were fun to watch and I got a few laughs but the theropy scenes were so fucking stupid. I will never watch that epissode again. I will just watch the pickle parts on Jewtube
>>
PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK
>>
>>86349550
1>4>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2
>>
>>86349977
The therapy scenes were alright until the therapist silenced Rick with her monologue
>>
>>86349942
Next week's episode is a Rick and Jerry episode
>>
>>86349550
Episodes are never good, Rick and Morty is pretty good compared to other shit that's coming out now. Still the best Rick and Morty episode is 50% garbage.
>>
File: 1502661477407.jpg (51KB, 960x911px) Image search: [Google]
1502661477407.jpg
51KB, 960x911px
>>86350044
>Jerry
>>
I dont know I didnt laugh once. I thought I liked that episode, but It didnt make me laugh. It was kinda predictable also. And whats with all the shit lately? Did Rick really need to shit in conference room? Did he need to mention in the video he shit himself? Something's wrong with this show. First episode (the April leaked one) is just amazing. The 3 rest so far not that great.
>>
Yeah that last episode was great. I loved the timely avengers v saw format and when the whole thing ended with dabbing I just raised my fist in the air and did by best Ric flair impression.
>>
Good episodes?
1 was decent.
2 had 1 funny moment(technically 2, except repeated)
3 was literal trash.
4 was so bog standard I've forgot most of it only hours after watching.
>>
>pickle rick
>good
>>
>>86349550
ONLY EPISODE 1 WAS GOOD. iT WAS WRITTEN BY MIKE MCMAHAN, WHO WAS A WRITER FROM SEASONS 1 AND 2

EPISODES 2 , 3 AND 4 WERE ALL BAD OR MEDIOCRE AND THEY WERE ALL WRITTEN BY FEMALE WRITERS WHO ARE DIVERSITY HIRES NEW FOR SEASON 3.
>>
>>86349942
This.

Why the fuck does every animated comedy forgets what made it populat and tries to do storylines and character development obviously out of the writers' league?

South Park did it with season-long plot.
Archer did it with seasonal gimmicks and storylines not about spying.
Rick and Morty does it with marriage drama and Rick being oh so tortured.

I mean, imagine you made a popular show about a guy who burps and drinks a lot and is being a cunt to everyone in funny ways. How do you go from there to thinking you're good at writing drama?
>>
>>86349550
1 was great.
2 was awful
3 was the worst episode in the series
4 had one good joke, the rest was bad
>>
>>86350415
What was the joke?
>>
>>86349550
>joke about the team looking less "diverse"
>joke about "why would he do this to his own men....and women"
>joke about getting "triggered"
>>
If only the serie would have changed to Pickle Rick and Regular morty :(
>>
>>86350295
season 1 was boring. It was literally just old cliche tv ideas but told in the universe of rick and morty. S2 did the same thing except it told the stories better.
>>
>>86349550
Wtf is wrong with people. This episode is the bomb man. It has good jokes, references and dark humour which is The Central premise of all rick and morty episodes. I swear to god all the haters are people who only care about plot and don't give a shit about comedy or humour because there fucking craving for plot makes them forget about what makes this episode great rather than shitty. Just because it doesn't have plot doesn't make it shitty ok?
>>
>>86350562
I wish they hadn't killed all the Vindicators though
>>
Is every single fucking episode going to be about dealing with emotions from now on?
Also that opener was dumb, and what the fuck was the point of that israel scene?
>>
This episode was good, I was going to drop the show if it was as bad as 3.
>>
File: 1502429048215.png (463KB, 752x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1502429048215.png
463KB, 752x1001px
>tfw the post-credits scene of Pickle Rick wasn't a full episode
>>
File: 1502510618274.jpg (5KB, 211x250px) Image search: [Google]
1502510618274.jpg
5KB, 211x250px
this show is kineaux

edit: hehe i hope u guys get my reference to the france language
>>
>>86350382
but theyve been doing the family drama since the beginning. its been building toward the divorce and now it happened and everyone hates the fallout for some reason
>>
>heroes of color

I sincerely hate female writers. They destroy everything.
>>
>>86350833
Family drama as a joke is ok. Why does it need to be some extended plotline?
>>
>>86350842
I thought those jokes were making fun of how everything has to be about diversity these days? I thought it was being satirical of militant leftism.
>>
>>86350842
It was satire. See: >>86350513
>>
>>86350295
You are retarded.

4 > 1 > 2 > 3
>>
>>86351056
Yeah, I loved all the funny parts in episode 4. Like when, uh...i forget, I'm sure there were funny parts I just forget them all haha
>>
>>86350896
the entire side plot while rick and morty watched interdimensional cable 1 was about beth and jerrys marriage. same for the side plot of rick potion 9. and the unity episode was all about ricks relationship with others. and countless more. i dont know why people feel this is any different. the emotional ties of this episode just turned out to be a noob noob gag in the end anyway.
>>
>>86351092
>if i'm not literally cumming buckets while I laugh like a fucking retard it's not a good episode.
Literally no episode is really funny, they are just entertaining. If you think they are funny you are more retarded than I thought.
>>
>>86351056
>4 > 1
nope.exe
>>
>>86349578
This
>>
>>86349550
>>86350065
nothing is good
>>
>>86351170
if the episodes are not funny the there is no point in watch this ''comedy'' imbecile
>>
>>86351170
>Literally no episode is really funny

That's pretty bad for a comedy show. I found s1 and s2 funny.

>you are more retarded than I thought.

You're the one watching a comedy show without laughing.
>>
the ending to episode 4 is too anti-closure for me it "ruined" the episode.
I get the everyone has potential to be "the worst" but to develop a character into a villain only to let them get away (undercutting all superhero movies) just feels like a fuck you rather than making a point
>Morty: rick says morality is relative
>""group leader or whatever""I think he needs it to be that way
is the season just turning into a clash of viewpoints?
>>
File: Untitled.png (1020KB, 1078x676px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1020KB, 1078x676px
pic related is the reason why /tv/ hates rick and morty

>let's cuck the black guy lmao
literally never happens in real life
>>
Rickmancing the Stone didn't have a single funny joke in it, it was trash. I've liked the other episodes though.
>>
File: 1502717382311.png (22KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1502717382311.png
22KB, 633x758px
I still enjoy it but I don't seem to look forward to it every week.
>>
>>86351395
>>86351437
>i must enjoy the show specifically based on it's intended genre
>if i don't find it funny it can't be enjoyable

I rarely smile while watching this show, I still enjoy it. I didn't realise everyone on /tv/ is Joe watching ow my balls.
>>
>>86351842
you don't react to it because you're obviously watching it alone
>>
>>86351774
I was waiting for someone to say this. Black guy gets cucked.

Anyway definite improvement over 2 and 3.
>>
>>86349550
>>86349550

Imagine actually thinking this, nice bait.
>>
>>86351007

But...none of those "jokes" were funny, like at all.
>>
DUDE ISRAEL LMAOOOOO
>>
>>86352105
I'll give an e for effort for actually having the stones to mention Israel in anything but a shining positive tone.
>>
>>86350600
Rick says, "The Vindicators say their job is to fight evil wherever it hides, but they don't... pick the location you'll never hear them even mention, because to fight darkness, is to fight yourself."

The alligator thing guessed wrong, and Morty guessed correctly... meaning that Israel was the location where evil exists, but nobody even mentions.

Are you so fucking brainwashed that this actually went over your head?
>>
>>86351995
except i literally can't control myself while watching peep show or iasip, actually funny shows.

rick and morty just isn't funny, it's just entertaining.
>>
>>86349578
objectively the only correct ranking
>>
>>86352201
I agree. I haven't laughed out loud to any rick and morty episode, but I still find it entertaining
>>
>>86352165
Yeah I actually laughed at Rick desperately backtracking. I feel like its the writers trying to be funny for shock laughs and le edgy main characters
>>
Was this another episode written by a femnazi? It did not seem like it.
>>
>>86352165
I have developed a newfound respect for Rick & Morty... but maybe that's just what (((they))) wanted me to do... Hmmm... Really gets my portals gunning.
>>
>>86349578
Correct order. Sadly only 1 was above average, season 3 as a whole has been much worse than 1 and 2.
>>
>>86349550
I see more people sucking this show's cock here than almost anywhere else though.
And honestly, most of the hate the show gets here is due to fanbois being rabid retards who tote it as a literal greatest thing ever, when it's basically just a cartoon for fedora tipping, neck bearded atheists who think mild humor is ABSOLUTELY MINDBLOWINGLY HILLARIOUSLY AMAZAZING!!!!

that shit get's annoying, man. Just enjoy the fucking show and let it be. Don't shill so fucking hard all the god damned time.
>>
>>86349809
>Every season has 2 bad episodes.
I think that's exactly when I stopped watching season 2, two episodes in, so I guess that's my loss.
>>
>>86352571
>most of the hate the show gets here is due to
most of the hate the show gets here is due to Justin Roiland shitposting about his own show.
>>
>>86352165
>having the stones to mention Israel in anything but a shining positive tone.
Implying shows would mention Israel in "shining positive tone"? When would that ever happen? Maybe NCIS when they had that that Jewish bitch?
Much more edgy would be saying that Palestinians are basically savages who are less than human, so even in the slightest initiation of force justifies any reign of terror Israelis might inflict for self-defense.
>>
>>86350105
He shit in the room so Noob Noob wouldn't have to go to his hellhouse of horror you fucking idiot
>>
>>86352336
it certainly used all their terms
>heroes of color
>triggered
>diverse
>men AND women
>>
>>86353873
Are you retarded? If that were true then why would he have the Noob Noob room at the end?
>>
>>86351395
What's a funny part from A show?
>>
>>86354020
...and they were all used sarcastically
>>
>>86350829
do frenchies put the x on the end too or is that just in cajun country?
>>
U can't call the show bad and you cant call the show the greatest

The show is okay... FOR YOU (lol an oldfag meme btw) but that isn't allowed on the autism board is it, allowing something to be just okay
>>
>>86354146
are you sure about that?
>>
>>86354536
It felt like it to me. And they killed three of them just to avoid Rick.
>>
>>86352742
Sure thing (((anon)))
>>
>>86351774
>getting cucked by 1 million ants
>>
>>86351774
;^)))))))))) hello /leftypol/

i know blacks that have gotten cucked
(by me)
>>
What do you think about the theory that this season is showing the backstory of Evil Morty?
>>
>>86355111
Despite the digits, I think someone is over thinking a cartoon with multiple scat jokes per episode.
>>
>>86349578
Something I can actually agree on.
>>
>>86349550
So far I'd say those first four episodes are as good as Season 1's first four. Season 2's are the best.
>>
>>86355270
>check
>episode 5 was Get Schwifty

ah yes..
>>
>>86354891
>t. family member of some Palestinian boy who throws rocks at Israeli soldiers or attacks them with a knife and gets a bullet to the head.
Reminder that most people who protest Israel basically hate the fact that Israel subjects a people who are basically savages, and not because Jews control everything.
>>
>>86355270
A Rickle In Time > Pilot = The Rickshank Rickdemption
Lawnmower Dog > Mortynight Run > Rickmancing The Stone
Auto Erotic Assimilation > Pickle Rick > Anatomy Park
Total Rickall > M. Night Shaym-Aliens > Vindicators 3
>>
>>86355467
>casual conversation about the overarching storyline
>this is why the fanbase of the show is fucking cancer
eh it's more that you're a tryhard contrarian faggot that should kys
>maybe it's just comedy show with literally no consequences and plays everything for laughs?
maybe it's been very clearly both. You're gay as shit dude.
>>
>>86350600
>what the fuck was the point of that israel scene

Rick is woke to the JQ
>>
>>86349915
only the rickshank redemption was good.

and it was written by mike mcmahan, who wrote several good episodes in season 1 and two.

episodes 2 ,3 were pretty bad for rick and morty episodes. they're definitely in the worst 10% or worst 20% of rick and morty episodes.
each almost as bad as interdimensional cable 2.

episode 4 was better than episodes 2 and 3 but still quite a subpar rick and morty episode.

at least 60% of rick and morty episodes are better than episode 4 of season 3.
>>
>>86349550
Your standard for "good" is rather low

Do you enjoy Family Guy also?
>>
>>86349578
correct
>>
File: classic gag.webm (3MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
classic gag.webm
3MB, 1080x1080px
>>86355921
>Your standard for "good" is rather low
name 15 better scifi comedy cartoons for adults
>Do you enjoy Family Guy also?
how young are you that you think stressing how much you don't enjoy schlock makes you cool? DAE genre theory?
>>
>>86356225
>name 15 better scifi comedy cartoons for adults
Eleven episodes of S1
Fuck if I can be bothered to remember specific names, but I think we can find 4 good eps in S2 too

Season 3 has been nothing but lazy dude reference lmao so far, with surface level jokes. Episode 1 was great but I think it's mostly because they had it planned ever since they finished S2.

>how young are you that you think stressing how much you don't enjoy schlock makes you cool?
How young are you to enjoy schlock just because it shares a name with a much better show?
>>
Isnt this a kids show. Manbabies everywhere
>>
1 and 3 were the only good episodes. This episode was almost as shit as episode 2.
>>
>>86356427
>Eleven episodes of S1
MUH OLDEN THYMES
> but I think we can find 4 good eps in S2 too
I was asking you for other shows not other episodes. We can find other good episode of R&M with just about every episode with R&M. You being some mewling contrarian sjw notwithstanding.
>Season 3 has been nothing but lazy dude reference lmao so far, with surface level jokes.
No it hasn't.
>Episode 1 was great
lol the uppity intellectual liked the one with the funny splosions and the McDonalds memes what a surprise.
>but I think it's mostly because they had it planned ever since they finished S2.
It's a good thing you're not paid to think huh.
>How young are you to enjoy schlock just because it shares a name with a much better show?
What do you think this means?
>>
>>86356527
That's like asking if South Park or Simpsons are a kids' show.
>>
>>86356527
t 17 year old
>>
>>86356667
I love how people pretend they aren't. How many people started watching at 20? Damn near zero.
>>
>>86356766
I started watching South Park as a kid precisely because it was "the edgy grown up show." They're shows made for an 18+ audience that is primarily appealing to an 18- audience for exactly that reason. Hence why you frequently see edgy faggot ~17 year olds on these threads constantly trying to project how they're so much smarter than the edgy grown up show for kids.
>>
>dude nothing matters lmao

I wonder how many times this joke was made in the show
>>
>>86356665
>MUH OLDEN THYMES
I bingewatched both season last year because of all the attention the show was getting

>I was asking you for other shows not other episodes
And I don't give a fuck about other shows. I can complain about the show's decline in quality in the context of that same show.

>lol the uppity intellectual liked the one with the funny splosions and the McDonalds memes what a surprise.
Even that is more substance than the other three episodes.

>What do you think this means?
That the differences in how the show is ran between S1 and S3 is so clear that they might as well be two diffrent series. Fuck, man, it's not rocket science.

Throwing buzzwords around doesn't make your post interesting
>>
>>86356930
Nice mental gymnastics there. gj
>>
>>86349915
>Rickmancing the stone was good
>Pickle Rick was good
*breathes in*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>86355749
>overarching storyline
there is none
>>
>>86350382
>Archer did it with seasonal gimmicks and storylines not about spying.

And Archer has been shit since Vice, soo...
>>
>>86356972
>I bingewatched both season last year
exactly. and you still make the same empty contrarian behavior. Don't give a shit about your life story brah you're still not making an argument.
>because of all the attention the show was getting
lol the bandwagon contrarian
>And I don't give a fuck about other shows.
cool story. Really dope insight into the world of animated comedy you're bringing to the table.
>I can complain about the show's decline in quality in the context of that same show.
That you bingewatched for shitposting reasons and apparently have no other frame of reference. Sure, you can make meaningless, unsupported claims and then embarrass yourself under scrutiny. You do you.
>Even that is more substance than the other three episodes.
LOL MULAN
>That the differences in how the show is ran between S1 and S3 is so clear
is mostly the outcome of you being an sjw faggot seeking out confirmation bias. We get it you're triggered by girls. That's your problem though m8. And aside from your obviously projected insecurities you're still not making an argument about the show.
> Fuck, man, it's not rocket science.
yeah it's a cartoon about abusive codependent relationships and depression and shit and this season is the post-divorce Harmon season. It isn't rocket science. It's comedy. And it's still well above average.
>Throwing buzzwords around doesn't make your post interesting
It's funny because you might as well be talking to yourself.
>>
>>86357109
>being retarded on /tv/
but why?
>>
>>86355590
You need to be 18 to post on 4chan.
>>
>people hated ep 3 because it was just dan harmon schlock
>episode 4 is literally 100% dan harmon schlock where basically nothing happens except everyone is emotional in some way
>>
>>86357373
there literally is no fucking overarching storyline
did you miss the first episode of the season? it was literally just huge fuck you to every single 2deep theorist and person wanking over this kinda shit
it's comedy show that is about jokes after jokes, references to older episodes are jokes as well
stop being such a fucking tool
>>
File: 1502721264989.gif (2MB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1502721264989.gif
2MB, 500x625px
>>86349550
the Mad Max episode is easily the worst in the fucking series besides Interdimensional Cable 1&2.
>>
there's still a chance. Ryan Ridley wrote the meeseeks episode, and lawnmower dog
>>
>>86357527
Acknowledged. I still don't care about some dumbass who throws rocks at a hornets nest and is horribly injured because of hornet stings, which is equivalent to the Palestinian situation.
>>
File: autism hug box.jpg (132KB, 800x567px) Image search: [Google]
autism hug box.jpg
132KB, 800x567px
>>86357644
>there literally is no fucking overarching storyline
yes there is. You're really not great at consuming media huh?
>did you miss the first episode of the season?
DID YOU?
> it was literally just huge fuck you to every single 2deep theorist and person wanking over this kinda shit
He literally screams in Morty's face that he's going to become the antagonist, it's going to be the darkest season, and lays out the overarching divorce narrative of the season. He also jokes about sauce. Why are you fucking retarded?
>it's comedy show that is about jokes after jokes
English isn't your first language? Is that your problem? Or are you autistic? Or both?
>stop being such a fucking tool
what would you say you're doing bruv?
>>
>>86351774
So when she said the baby was "half a million ants," did she mean it was five hundred thousand ants, or one million ants sliced in half with one part discarded?
>>
>>86354536
Wow, you people really are too dumb for this show.
>>
>>86354536
Uhh yeah. Anyone who isn't on the autism spectrum can pick out this sort of thing.
>>
>>86349915
Pickle Rick would have been better if the psychiatrist sub plot was funny instead of social justice pandering.
>>
>>86349550
Why do people hate 2 so much? The arm beating people up was a great gag.
>>
>>86358134
The entire episode was an utterly pointless Mad Max reference that was obnoxiously on the nose. The world being like Mad Max had absolutely no bearing on the overall episodes plot and all they did was have Morty beat people up, Summer experience a bad relationship, and Rick help advance the civilization for literally no reason and then leave. These things could have happened on literally any weird planet, it was just DUDE REMEMBER MAD MAX for no reason at all, it didn't take advantage of the reference to make jokes or anything.
>>
>>86358113
>Asian woman exists in a TV show
>FUCKING SJWS
>>
>>86358435
>The world being like Mad Max had absolutely no bearing on the overall episodes plot

Except Summer's entire arc about wanting to escape the trappings of her boring suburban life. Let me guess: 103 IQ? Stick to MDE, kid.
>>
>>86358550
again, could've been on literally any world that wasn't a pointless reference to a new, trendy movie.
>>
>>86358037
I think she meant it like half "a million ants" and half "black hole" or whatever she said. so one million ants and 1 black hole, but both only make up half of the "baby" each.
>>
>>86358624
You mean like how this week's was like Guardians of the Galaxy? Or how 90% of the episodes are ripped straight from the Twilight Zone? Or the time they said "Cronenberg" 50 times in one episode? Did you just start watching this show this season? Because (like most of the haters) you sound like a bandwagon hopper who just wants to bitch.
>>
>>86358699
There's no such thing as half a black hole, so that makes it even more confusing.
>>
>>86358739
Nope. The whole point of the episode was Rick showing that superheroes are lame, and a GotG reference (that wasn't as on the nose as the mad max one) works to explore that theme. The cronenberg episode also was not a reference beyond calling fucked up disgusting monsters "Cronenbergs" and explored its own purpose and theme.
>>
>>86358435
>The entire episode was an utterly pointless Mad Max reference that was obnoxiously on the nose.
On what nose? They used a Mad Max parody to make a joke about how women domesticate and neuter men. How girls rebel against their dad just to end up turning into their mom. That was "on the nose" for a Mad Max parody?
>The world being like Mad Max had absolutely no bearing on the overall episodes plot
Yes it did. We watch as Rick fixes the post apocalypse as a goof and it spoofs teh whole genre by pointing out that a fucking power grid isn't the most complicated thing in the world.
>and all they did was have Morty beat people up,
unwittingly, with a cartoonish monster hand with it's own inexplicable backstory revenge subplot are you a fucking faggot or what?
>Summer experience a bad relationship,
where she turns into her mom
>and Rick help advance the civilization for literally no reason
He did it to avoid going home.
> and then leave.
did you want the rest of the season to be about domestic life in the post-post-apocalypse? Are you a faggot or what?
>These things could have happened on literally any weird planet
Are you a faggot or what?
>it was just DUDE REMEMBER MAD MAX for no reason at all
It actually pretty clearly worked with the thematic tone of Summer being self-destructive and the relationship metaphor. Do you know metaphor? Does that translate in your gook language?
> it didn't take advantage of the reference to make jokes or anything.
Yes it did. Are you a fucking faggot or what? Do you even watch the show or just read the shitpost meme complaints and run with them?
>>
>>86349578
4 felt like a children's cartoon show
>>
>>86358113
>instead of social justice pandering.
you realize that you're the sjw don't you? Is there anything that doesn't trigger you?
>>
>>86358452
>talking about being a woman in power to Rick in the end of the episode
Seriously the story was over, episode was done, but then we have to listen to the writer press her beliefs on Rick who just listens.
Out of character for Rick and unnecessary for the plot.
>>
>>86358832
After reevaluation, I'm thinking 98.
>>
its shit now The End
>>
>>86358976
Well, there's always The Big Bang Theory, if you don't want to be offended.
>>
>>86358762
No it deosn't. A baby composed of one (1) full black hole and one (1) colony of 1,000,000 ants would be half "black hole" and half "a million ants".
>>
>>86359038
I'm not offended, I felt it served no purpose.
Annoyed yes, but it was completely unnecessary.
Keep your views on your twitter account.
>>
>>86359051
Right, that's like 500.000 ants and a white dwarf.
>>
>>86358976
>but then we have to listen to the writer press her beliefs on Rick who just listens.
BEING THIS TRIGGERED BY A SHOW POINTING OUT THE TOXIC RELATIONSHIP OF IT'S CHARACTERS. Seriously why don't you just watch the Simpsons or something? You're clearly not intellectually capable enough for a fucking Back to the Future parody cartoon.
>Out of character for Rick
He's dying. Needs the antidote. Only way to get it is to be forced to listen to (and promptly ignore) the truth about his fucked up relationship with his daughter. It's almost like they fucking wrote a script that explicitly spelled out what was happening and why huh?
>and unnecessary for the plot.
the entire thing episode is structured around them going to family therapy. You're literally retarded if you didn't expect there to be a fucking conclusion.

Seriously how young are you?
>>
>>86359103
>I felt it served no purpose

This has got to be the second most plebeian criticism I've read of this episode. The first of course being HURR WOMENZ, an argument your trying and failing really hard to disguise.
>>
File: 1501911132967.png (268KB, 530x392px) Image search: [Google]
1501911132967.png
268KB, 530x392px
>>86351774
>literally never happens in real life
>saying this about a show where the black guy summons a ghost train
>there's a sentient colony of ants
>there's a woman made of dying stars
>the entire earth got Cronenberged
>giant heads appeared out of the depths of space to make earth and other planets write songs for their amusement
>literally everything else that has happened in rick and morty
>never happens in real life
So this is the power of cuck fetishists
>>
File: 1487026358933.jpg (25KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1487026358933.jpg
25KB, 250x250px
>>86359121
>>
anybody got a link to ep 4?
can't watch on adult swim site it seems
>>
>>86349550
Haahaa
Which family guy episode is this ?
>>
>>86359185
>>86359147
I'm not gonna debate.
You win.
I still don't like it, but I understand it.
I still feel it could have been wrote differently.
>>
File: 1502305931670.jpg (42KB, 680x455px) Image search: [Google]
1502305931670.jpg
42KB, 680x455px
>>86349578
1 >>>>>>>>> 4 >>> 3 >>>>>> 2

I thought this show would be revitalized after seeing the first episode, but it's utter garbage
>>
>>86352742
Ha ha ya so edgy. Way more edgy than insinuating that Zionists are the bad guys, and definitely edgier than the 9/11 joke in episode 1.
>>
>>86359527
>I'm not gonna debate.
It's called being incapable.
>You win.
There aren't winners here.
>>
>>86359147
Here's an idea; the family therapy thing in its entirety is fucking stupid and tediously unfunny.

>but m-muh characters
continuity is the cancerous growth of rick and morty
>>
>>86358626
>said the faggot who is only talking about how smart he thinks he is and is so much better than everyone
I never said anything like that, that is some serious fucking projection m8
>>
>>86358626
>Jerry has literally been pushed out of the family
I can't fucking wait for the last episode of the season where everything will be returned to normal just so I can laugh to all you 2deep faggots
Was the first episode of 3rd season not enough already?
>>
>>86358435
such a terrible fucking episode, such a let down to go from s3ep1 to that shit heap
>>
Last episode was decent, much better than Pickle Rick and Imm looking forward to more Jerry.
Overall though this season has been pretty weak like 2 was.
>>
>>86354059
I think Rick was actually worried about losing Morty to the vindicators because the puzzle was "solved" when Morty stood on the platform. I think Rick was trying to fuck with Morty by making it seem like the video was about Morty, than making it actually about noob noob to make it ambiguous to Morty whether or not he actually cared about him.
>>
>>86359842
It's called choosing your battles.
You can't win with ignorant people.
>>
>>86359527
lol faggot
>>
>>86359875
>Here's an idea; the family therapy thing in its entirety is fucking stupid and tediously unfunny.
thats closer to an argument than before. you should have just opened with that probably.
>but m-muh characters
lol but then you throw it all away again. this isn't an argument.
>continuity is the cancerous growth of rick and morty
again there are plenty of animated shows that are much lighter viewing for dipshits that don't like existential or self-reflective themes. Complaining that a show used family therapy as a episode plot in the divorce season is weak. Complaining about character writing and fucking continuity is weak. Go watch Family Guy or literally any other AS show if you want a hard reset every week.
>>86359895
>who is only talking about how smart he thinks he is
>I never said anything like that
>see this is what I'm talking about
>maybe if you took your head out of your ass for once
definitely not projecting how smart and better you think you are. Not one bit lol.
>that is some serious fucking projection m8
I'm not sure you really grasp what that is
>>
>>86359988
>I can't fucking wait for the last episode of the season
I've been, and so was Rick in episode 1, talking explicitly about this season. The clear overarching narrative of this season. Of course Jerry comes back. Harmon's parents got undivorced in real life too. The next season will almost certainly start with Jerry back at the house.
>just so I can laugh to all you 2deep faggots
k? Still not sure how you fail so desperately to grasp what an overarching narrative is in episodic tv but whatever. You'll learn more when you get to high school I'm sure.
>Was the first episode of 3rd season not enough already?
wot?
>>86360129
What is your level of education and work experience?
>>
>>86360351
>definitely not projecting how smart and better you think you are. Not one bit lol.
mate none of those imply I'm thinking I'm better than someone
I think it speaks a lot about your mindset that you don't see that, and that is what I meant about 'head in [ones] ass', as in, you only see what you want to see because you want to believe it to be true
>>
>>86360351
>existential or self-reflective themes
Mick and Rorty ain't some super-deep, eye-opening experience. It's just a silly meme show
>>
>>86349550

YASSSS REDITT
>>
File: clint hang em.jpg (45KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
clint hang em.jpg
45KB, 500x566px
>>86360620
>mate none of those imply I'm thinking I'm better than someone
they explicitly do
you're making it a point to A: highlight how you're special and different, and B: create a strawman by which you're framing yourself against.

While at the same time, you're not actually saying anything approaching meaningful criticism or rational argument. It's contrarian shitposting. You're a beautiful and unique snowflake.
>I think it speaks a lot about your mindset that you don't see that, and that is what I meant about 'head in [ones] ass', as in, you only see what you want to see because you want to believe it to be true
again, there is no miscommunication here. Everyone understands what head in [ones] ass means. But when that's the extent of your shitpost where you make zero substantive argument, you're literally only talkign about yourself. The fanbase is cancer because their "head is up their own ass" with all their fan theories and speculation about the experimental sci-fi show run by 2 assholes with a long history of creating shows with long running and elaborate hidden narratives and easter eggs and "2deep" tv writing. what a fucking cancerous group of assholes for enjoying and participating in something designed by the creators to be actively engaging.

But not you. You're special. You contribute nothing at all other than whining that people enjoy stuff and telling yourself you're special because you're a purposeless uncreative knownothing faggot.
>>
why does this show get everyone so heated??
>>
I only liked episode 1. It was the only one that felt like an actual Sci fi parody. All the others were just movie spoofs
>>
>>86358113
The therapy scene was really fine, the problem was that it was a weak punchline for the episode. We all know rick ditched on therapy because he's shitty, the only thing we really got from it was Beth making a realization and an good monologue. It doesn't make up for an entire episode of immature nonsense gratuitous violence that doesn't have any emotional investment tied to it. Not that that's really bad, it just makes it a mediocre episode with severe limitations
>>
>>86361251
>experimental sci-fi
jesus fucking christ neck yourself
>>
>>86361251
>elaborate hidden narratives
yeah
just like the first two seasons
no wait
>>
>>86362144
sick argument
>>86362202
>just like the first two seasons
exactly
>I'll give you another theory. How about Mr. Poopybutthole -- just as where there's flies, there's spiders -- wherever these parasites start blooming, Mr. Poopybutthole is a different species who is more benign, or more advanced. He subsists on lives like the way that hermit crabs steal other shells. Maybe Mr. Poopybutthole takes advantage of the holes put in your memory and kind of burrows into those pre-existing holes. So he shows up where those parasites are, and he's more of a fourth dimensional phantom species that isn't bound by space, and only appears in concentrations of temporal malfunction or misperception and breakdown. Mr. Poopybutthole is insinuating himself into the universe regardless of timeline. And the same powers that allow him to do that allow him to directly talk with the audience.
>>
>>86362387
Holy fucking cringe
>>
>Hey, Morty, could you hand me that *BURP* god on my workbench.
>R-Rick, there is no g-god o-
>That's right, Morty! There is no God! Fuck you and my family. WUBALUBADUBDUB! SHIT ON THE FLOOR! I'M ALWAYS RIGHT!
>*BURP* Hey Morty did you go to the *BURP* store like I asked?
>Y-yeah Rick I s-sure did our fans were t-there with me
>Oh Morty *BURP* good 4th wall hey *BURP* did you *BURP* get *BURP* everything *BURP* on *BURP* the *BURP* list *BU
>W-well I tr-tr-tried Rick except the l-last thing on the list
>'God' is last on the list right *BURP* Morty?
>Y-yeah Rick I couldn't find g-god--
>Exactly Morty! No one can find God because he isn't real! SHIT DICK POOPY POOP WUB DUB
>FUCK GOD, FUCK RELIGION, I'M SMART, WUBBALUBADUBDUB GET SCHIFTWY SHIT ON THE BIBLE YEAH! NIHILISM! *tips fedora*
>hey morty burp come here
>o-okay rick
>look up on that roof you see burp that right there look at that
>w-what rick
>that god on the roof
>b-but rick there isn't a god o-
>YOU'RE RIGHT MORTY THERE ISN'T A GOD
>SCHWIFTY DIARRHEA KILL ME NIHILISM

Yeah, great show neo-/tv/
>>
you're gay if you actually watch this show
>>
>>86362144
they have straight up done experimental sci-fi episodes that have never been done before. And even when they do approach shit that's been done before it's basically always a novel take on the concept. Them doing a capeshit parody where blacked out rick Saws the Avengers is funny and was well executed and decently clever by basically any relevant standard. You being a faggot is irrelevant.
>>
>>86362661
you're gay regardless.
>>
>>86361251
>experimental sci-fi show
You should literally kill yourself.
>>
>>86350599
The only ones I wanted to live was Million Ants and maybe the train guy. Although they were all really shallow, that was pretty much the entire point
>>
>>86349550
Wrong
>Episode 1
Decent
>Episode 2-3
Shit
>Episode 4
Decent
>>
>>86362677
None of that makes it experimental, it's pretty run of the mill episodic cartoon comedy
Futurama was more 'experimental'
>>
>>86362677
>>86362995
Actually now that I think about it, the ad libbed 'watching tv' episodes are sorta experimental, don't think I've seen basically entire episodes ad libbed
>>
Episode 2: Summer yelling at people and being a cunt.

Episode 3: Beth yelling at people and being a cunt.

Episode 4 Universe lady yelling at people and being a cunt

This is not entertaining. It's irritating.
This show has gone to total shot and this is the worst season ever.
>>
>>86358113
>the psychiatrist sub plot was funny instead of social justice pandering
you are fucking retarded, there was no pandering whatsoever and the subplot was only used to show how Beth still has an unhealthy relationship with Rick
>>
>>86363094
Every R&M thread since season 1: Some faggots being cunts.

You're the real constant friend.
>>
>>86363552
I can understand why someone would think subject matter of something makes it experimental but that is not what the word means in this context.
If experimental just meant "something new" every single tv show ever would be experimental
>>
File: 1502604456288.jpg (150KB, 845x853px) Image search: [Google]
1502604456288.jpg
150KB, 845x853px
>>86349550
When will this meme be over guys?
>>
>>86349550
despite all the contrarians on /co/ and /tv/ I think s3 is pretty good so far and as of yet doesn't have a meh tier episode like in S1/S2
Harmon's known for quality drops in his works but Roiland makes sure the worst episodes at best are meh-tier
>>
File: SMT4 real final boss.jpg (55KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
SMT4 real final boss.jpg
55KB, 400x240px
>>86349550
They're good, despite having so few jokes. I don't think the show is supposed to be a comedy anymore; they shifted focus to a dark, sci-fi action-adventure series.
Which is fine, the latest episode was fun. It was just hard adjusting expectations at first. Also, /tv/ autists hate everything
>>
>>86360122
this is fanfic
he got blackout, made the end for noobnoob because he was the only one who laughed at his jokes, passed out in his own shit and was carried away unconscious so he couldnt protest leaving noobnoob behind
youre adding your own take onto the gag. your scenario doesnt exist
>>
can someone explain what was wrong with 2?
i thought it was pretty ok other than summer in the first half jerking around.
>>
>>86360122
or it's a comedy show that played the thing for laughs because the character is asshole and you are reading too much in to it
>>
>>86351056
how in the fuck can you think that

1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4>>>>>2>>>>>>>>3
>>
>>86363814
>I can understand why someone would think subject matter of something makes it experimental but that is not what the word means in this context.
In WHAT context? Are you trying to newspeak the term "experimental" away from the meaning of the word now? Why not just be intellectually honest and stop trying to shape reality around an argument you're having with an anonymous stranger about a cartoon?

No hard sci-fi show has done a poopy butthole episode. It's, by all contexts other than your contrarian nonsense context, experimental. Narratively, structurally, by any standard it was a novel approach to heavily conceptual idea that is intentionally left ambiguous at the end. And they knew that it was a novel concept that would generate discussion and named it MR POOPY BUTTHOLE. In terms of a joke that keeps giving, they're creating tropes and knowingly calling them shit like Mr Poopy Butthole knowing that it will be referenced in comedy and sci-fi history from now on. The joke is 5d chinese checkers self-aware and unambiguously "experimental."
>If experimental just meant "something new" every single tv show ever would be experimental
You're such a faggot. Literally kys. I hope you're just pretending to be stupid.
>>
>>86365209
>In WHAT context?
In the context of film and tv, it means different things in different media obviously, experimental in comic books or painting is different from experimental in tv and film.
It surprises me very little that someone who actually goes to the length of writing angry paragrhaps about silly cartoon show doesn't understand what the word actually means in tv.
>>
>>86355343
There's nothing wrong with get schwifty. it had some cringy dialogue and went more absurdist than usual, but water t was funny.
>>
>>86357649
>shrimply pibbles was a bad episode
>>
>>86365480
>It surprises me very little that someone who actually goes to the length of writing angry paragrhaps about silly cartoon show doesn't understand what the word actually means in tv.
Oh I'm totally shocked that someone as desperate as you takes such pride in apparently being able to use a lot of words to say nothing. I was mocking you you know. I was making fun of your obviously weak grasp on academic stuff due to you being stupid and not knowing much. You proudly demonstrating that you do, in fact, kind of know what "experimental" means, is not, in fact, an argument.
>>
I've stood by this show through all the "Reddit and Memey" comments but I really don't get how anyone can defend last nights episode. Sure there were a couple of neat twists but the show is supposed to be primarily COMEDY. Last night's episode was forgettable generic garbage tier adult swim cartoon territory.
>>
>>86349578
Nah
1 > 4 > 3 = 2
>>
>>86367373
And how is Rick being put through a Saw puzzle orchestrated during a stupor not comedy? This stupor also being the reason that Rick is in the puzzle himself. Are you one of those Americans that don't think comedy's comedy unless it has savage one-liners for you to use at the office water cooler because your ground water's too dirty to drink?
The rest of your post is a string of words you see too often on here for them to have meaning anymore, please elaborate.
>>
>>86349915
>Rickshank Redemption Edgy
>Rickmancing the stone Edgy
>Pickle Rick memeEdgy
>Vindicators 3 Edgy

FTFY
>>
>>86368017
Look. Let me save you time. Dramatic irony is comedic but not considered a hallmark of comedy. It's a signpost as best. I'm disgustingly educated on the subject of writing. You don't want to get into this with me. This episode has by far the most wasted time and opportunities out of all the episodes.
>>
>reddit and memey
gtfo
>>
>>86349550
>4 good episodes in a row
You must be watching the wrong show or season. Rick and Morty season three has been straight garbage.
>>
File: internet arguments.png (15KB, 528x434px) Image search: [Google]
internet arguments.png
15KB, 528x434px
>>86368353
>implying I said dramatic irony is the hallmark of comedy
Already a strawman, and your attempt waving around your supposed education is wasted because I have one as well -- a real one.
But you're right, fuck me for trying to have a genuine conversation on /tv/, you can keep whatever prescriptive labels you have of comedy and stick them up your probably BA or undergrad ass.
>>
>vindicators greatest shame is blowing up a world to kill a shapeshifter
>shapeshifter didnt get revenge by turning into rick and setting the whole thing up

was anyone else disappointed? i thought for sure rick was gonna realize he was set up when it took him a minute to defuse the nuetrino bomb that he set up. kinda lame that it wasnt the shapeshifter after all. maybe itll be a multi-episode arc where rick keeps doing shit while blacked out, morty grows to hate him because of it, and boom big reveal shapeshifter turned himself into a normal rick
>>
>>86368778
>waaaah I"M A WRITER TOO THAT DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A STRAWMAN AND AN INFERENCE

Fuck off with this shit.

>you can keep whatever prescriptive labels you have of comedy

Prescriptive levels? Are you shitting me? Do you not understand how genres even work? This isn't literature. You may have perceived massive value in a basic movie parody subverted by a stereotype of drunk people, but that doesn't make an entire episode good.
>>
>It's a Rick gets away with killing the guardians of the Galaxy episode
>>
>>86368353
We got a badass over here. Oh wait, it's just autism
>>
>>86368873
>rick is a supergenius who is better than everyone
>morty solves his puzzles in 10 seconds

i thought that was the giveaway that it wasnt rick making the puzzles. at the very least i expected a comment form rick saying "wow morty youre as smart as drunk me congratz"
>>
>>86361550
It's popular. Being popular tends to attract idiots and haters.
>>
>>86369272
Seriously why are you so upset?
>>
>>86349578
I dont understand the hate 2 gets
>>
>>86349915
first one was good and the only one with a proper absurd sci-fi concept.

The Mad Max one was just pointless drama and dumb parody.

The Pickle one was just horrible, the only saving grace was the animators having fun with the violence.

the vindicators was shit, the character concepts were fun but they really didnt do anything with it.
Both main characters being absolutely in on everything was a weird change from the usual formula as well, and it didnt work one bit.

So far the season lacked any highlights.
>>
>>86371076
"SUMMER FOR THE WIN"
>>
>>86349550

From what little I've read, /tv/ just hates them because women writers took over. And if there's anything I've learned from 4chan is that they love hating and degrading women whenever possible.

Look, I have more reason to hate them than ANY of you. But you gotta learn to accept reality and move on the best you can. It's not healthy. I'm not saying put up with their bullshit, but you're letting your hatred ruin one of the best animated shows ever made.
>>
>>86349915
Oh you're autistic? My condolences mongoloid
>>
>>86371260
Not only that but the subtlety of the jokes, the pacing, the "largeness" and immersion of the environments, the architecture, the voice acting, the consistency of the characters - everything was spot on in the first episode. That was one of the best episodes of all time. "So shoney's", "They're trying to take away our freedoms", "Well I'm just a dumb-ass bug", "I'm the patriarch of your family and your universe" - I remember these without even rewatching them, because it's like music. It was so simple and funny in the moment that my brain actually allocated space to remembering it. And they aren't even JOKES. They're just lines that were funny.
>>
>>86371418
holy shit kill yourself ma man
>>
>>86371076
don't worry they are just being contrarians
>>
File: 1501260151000.png (112KB, 435x468px) Image search: [Google]
1501260151000.png
112KB, 435x468px
>series starts using "MUH FEELINGZ" as a plot point after women start writing episodes

hmmm.. really calibrates the cranium
>>
File: ZHEYohY_d.jpg (46KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ZHEYohY_d.jpg
46KB, 640x360px
Will we ever get an episode as good as Get Schwifty again?
>>
hey guys it's PIIIIICKLE RIIIIIIIIIICK
>>
>>86371864
Compared to this season I'd take that. I actually don't think the episode was that bad. It's like your real dad was an alcoholic, but then your mom remarries to a child molester.
>>
>>86371627
>I've forgotten season 2: The Post
>>
GOTT DAYUMM
>>
>>86372149
>I haven't been watching Season 3: The Post

I can't blame you really
>>
This season is meant to be low quality you idiots. Rick literally says it in the first episode. It's meant to be shit, that's the overarching joke.
>>
>>86349915
Vindicators 3 had too much reference faggotry, both the a story and b story were reference faggotry at least Rickmancing the Stone had some original content
>>
File: rick and morty rick attempt.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rick and morty rick attempt.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>86371627
>>
looks like they really cronenburged things up
>>
>>86371627
Hey, remember when season 2 had an entire episode about marriage counseling?
Or Rixty Minutes, Close Encounters of the Rick Kind?
>>
>>86372435
Damn, that's four episodes across two seasons compared to four episodes of one season

Really makes me think
Thread posts: 235
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.