[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come no one talks about the fact that Jon and Daenarys brought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 23

File: Flatlands.jpg (158KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Flatlands.jpg
158KB, 1280x720px
How come no one talks about the fact that Jon and Daenarys brought a bunch of savages to a civilization that is much more culturally advanced?

Assuming they win, what about all those dothraki and wildlings roaming free in westeros in the times of peace? Are they simply abandoning their old culture? no more raping, pillaging, being easily proned to violence, accepting the use of currency and laws?

That sounds highly irrealistic. In reality it not only would halt the progress of westeros as a society, but make it go backwards.

Why is no one talking about this?
>>
>>86322743
I only see maesters and alchemists there
>>
>>86322743
explain the cultural differences between Northmen and wildlings
>>
>>86322743
Literally everyone brings it up. Do you watch the show?
>>
>>86322916

I'm talking about the normies that sheer for Jon and Dany.

>>86322827

One can follow a set of laws, the other only follow the law of force.
>>
>>86323002
>One can follow a set of laws
oh really, those guys seem to break those laws more than follow them, howbowdah
>>
its like using an army of muslims to conquer europe and not expect them to enact sharia law.

Dany and Jon are extremely short sighted.
>>
>>86323119
They don't though. The Northerners are the most honourable people in the show.
>>
>>86323119

You mean the high born in times of war?
OK, sure.

but in times of peace the small folk and highborn can coexist in a system of law.

Meanwhile savages are always savages.
>>
>>86322827
Is this a joke? There's a huge difference
>>
File: 1502396149999.jpg (15KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502396149999.jpg
15KB, 480x480px
>irrealistic
>>
the mongols integrated themselves into the more advanced cultures they conquered
the mongols were smart as fuck though while the dothraki are retarded
>>
>irrealistic
>>
today's episode is just more proof that Daenarys is a barbarian dictator trying to pass as a humanitarian.

Hypocrite cunt.
>>
People do talk about it. Insufferable cunts like you on this board. Constantly
>>
>>86327852

Tell me how I'm wrong, then.
>>
File: drvva.jpg (18KB, 245x207px) Image search: [Google]
drvva.jpg
18KB, 245x207px
>mfw ive hated daenerys from the start for her unceasing tyranny, and inadequate ruling capability, and now everyone else is catching on
>>
>>86327955

Her character development is laughable, if not inexistent.

She goes from a scared little girl that only wants to live peacefully and for her brother to love her, to YES KILL MY BROTHER IN THE MOST GRUESOME WAY POSSIBLE I AM THE QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNN GIVE ME MY KINGDOM IS MY RIGHT ITS MINE THE MOTHER OF DRAGONS

Bravo Martin.
>>
>>86322743
They are going back to essos.
The have no reason to have slaves or steal gods anymore, they only exist for war.

Pay attention you absolute dumbass. Remember, Dany destroyed their sacred city so their culture went to shit and how they must live in eternal war. They won't stay in westeros once is conquered, they will and need to chimp out in braavos and the rest of essos until everything has surrended and then continue east.

I know /r9k/ are just crying betas, but being a brainlet doesn't mean you shouldn't understand a shitty TV show
>>
>>86327955
i think anybody that read the books hated her just for how much her parts would break the pacing
>>
>>86327922
You don't care. You want to pretend this is something about Arabs and other retarded shit about liberals, you will ignore any answer.
>>
>>86322824
Kek
>>
>>86328860

No, I won't.

I'm actually pretty invested in the books despite knowing the show went to shit 3 seasons ago.

This subject is much more acknowledged in the books, so it gives me hope.

Go on, if you think you have a half decent answer to this...
>>
>>86328633

Sure.

And destrying the vatican would make all catholics stop being catholics.

You dumb retarded fuck...
>>
>>86328633
She didnt destroy vaes dothrak, she burned one house down and killed the other major khals. There are still plenty of dothraki in essos, but she has most of them in westeros raping children for her.

They wouldn't go back, they hate sailing, they would most likely pillage and raid Westeros after deserting dany until they get put down, the majority of them will die fighting the Night King, Jon and Jaime wouldn't throw away westerosi men fighting wights when they can kill off dothraki savages.
>>
>>86328748
I literally dont know a single reader who doesnt skip her parts entirely when rereading.
>>
>>86322743
dude your thinking way too much influenced by the refugee stuff happening lately, chill your balls, its a tv show, such problems dont exist in got and no1 cares or should care about that shit
>>
>>86322743
The same thing they do with the Iron Born. Basically tolerate their pillaging bullshit provided they show up to fight when an external threat shows up.
>>
>>86322743
nobody cares because the wildlings are white
>>
>>86322743
Dothraki will get absolutely buttfucked by the white walkers, then ressurected, and zombie dothraki flood the south handily solving the "Tolkien orc problem."
>>
Two possible things will happen:

>They will return to Essos after their purpose has been fulfilled
>They will stay, but will be forced to adhere to the laws of Westeros
>>
File: 1439860667838.png (21KB, 360x483px) Image search: [Google]
1439860667838.png
21KB, 360x483px
>>86322743
why does art imitate life?
>>
>>86322743
Lannisters are the biggest niggers in Westeros.
>>
>>86328748
>>86329525
He should have stuck with the original 5 year time skip.

Seriously no amount of "Why did side character plot line also take 5 years to happen" or "Why was this event only alluded as flashback" or "Quite a coincidence it also took 5 years" could be that bad.
>>
>>86322743
historically they either get assimilated to the more advanced civilization or fuck off back to where they came from
>>
>>86322743
Send them over the wall. They become the new wildlings.
>>
>>86330036

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is not a single line in book or show that suggests that the dorhraki will be sent back, in their totality, to Essos.

Savages don't simply get UNsavage like that, its engrained in their brain, its all they know. Maybe after many generations...

The likely answer for the show is a thrid option, like that anon suggested: they will all die in battle so the writters don't have to deal with this conundrum.

its the easy way out.
they don't want to offend liberals with such an inconvenient reality...
>>
you talk about this every day
>>
>>86330259

They are sand niggers, not ice niggers.
They would die.
>>
>>86322827
The northerners have assimilated into Andal culture, the wildlings will not.
>>
>>86322824
FPBP
>>
Build a wall and make the dothraki pay for it.
>>
>>86330388
>showfags
>>
Did Dany actually buy the Unsullied's freedom? I can't remember anymore.
>>
>>86330682
she gave them a dragon then had it set them on fire
>>
File: 1501529221494.jpg (31KB, 660x574px) Image search: [Google]
1501529221494.jpg
31KB, 660x574px
>>86330289
>they will all die in battle so the writters don't have to deal with this conundrum.
You are retarded, and not paying attention if you think this is true.

The writers will write that once YAASSS QUEEN takes over, she'll implement some africa... i mean dothraki culture into Westerosi laws, and they'll peacefully assimilate.

Remember this is hollywood we're talking about, and nobody will really question it, and it will get 100% on Rotten Tomatoes so it must be good.
>>
Legit question. Why would Jaime say that the Dothraki would destroy any army he has ever seen?
How do light mounted archers with poor cold insulation exactly fight the heavy infatry / spearmen levies of the north?
I know Robert said the same thing about them being the literal best thing in an open field, but why? I am not attacking the in-universe logic of Jaime saying that but the logic that light cavalry > Tight Infantry Formations.
Specially when your army is literally just light cavalry and phalanxes.
Why would the unsullied also be worthy in the field in westeros? I understand they would dominate in Essos but they seem completely useless in Westeros if they do formation fighting.

It's all nonsense.
>>
There will probably be some scene where dothraki marry westerosi wimmins en masse end vice versa.
>>
>>86330859

I don't remember who says it, but in the books some knight says that dothraki would be absolutely obliterated if they fought against traditional westerosi armies.

They lack discipline, battle formation, tactics and technology. Those sythes would do nothing against full plate armor.

its just a show thing that they are some super warriors. Its dumb as shit...
>>
>>86330859
>Why would Jaime say that the Dothraki would destroy any army he has ever seen?

Plot convenience.

I was expecting him to make a hell of a lot more noise about the dragon that burned half his army to ashes, because that would make sense. Dragons are the ace she's got, and that's as established by the previous lore.

But no, for no fucking reason the Dothraki savages are now unbeatable. D&D forgot that they already established they're only dangerous because of their numbers and can't beat unsullied or the slave cities in the east.

Somehow superior trained and outfitted troops can't beat some sand people. Because why bother being consistent when you're getting ready to write Bronn & Jamies Awesome Adventure followed by The Epik Journey to the Nurrth.
>>
>>86330859
>I am not attacking the in-universe logic of Jaime saying that but the logic that light cavalry > Tight Infantry Formations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_QSZkoSosk

Jorah already explained that the Dothraki fighting style and weaponry would fail in battle against heavy infantry in Westeros.
This obviously doesn't matter 6 seasons later, the writers have written themselves into a hole with bad writing and pacing, so there's no time to write better strategy for Dany's armies, so they just ignore logic.

Kinda sucks, things like this are why this show won't hold up to multiple re-watchings, there are too many discontinuities like this.
>>
>>86330859
Take a class of tactical warefare from the rough period portrayed in the books. Also for most of history horse archers were OP as fuck.
>>
>>86331300
t. idiot
>>
File: MOAB.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MOAB.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>86331300
ranged cavalry have been the best for all of history, for obvious reasons.
>much faster
>can kill you from farther away

Holds true even in modern warfare. That's why air superiority is the most important factor in warfare today. Pic related.
>>
>>86330370
This isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>86330859
something something open field.
>>
>>86330679
You are going to have to elaborate on that, senpai. What I said has nothing to do with the show.
>>
>>86331647
you're wrong
>>
>>86331300
Anon steppe horse archers' arrows can't penetrate the armor of the westerosi infantry, and they don't even fight legit horse archer tactics as you would expect them to. Horse archers have an advantage because of their higher mobility and the capability to turn into light cavalry in a blink.
You can taunt and skirmish, but the dothraki arrows wouldn't do jackshit against most westerosi armies. If they did in the ambush of the blackwater caravan it's because the show decided they would have to win, I have a hard time believing their charge would do anything to the 2 ranks of lannister spearmen as you can see the horses just get skewered on the spears and the charge just stops in the choreography, yet we are led to believe they did indeed break through? The show sends mixed messages.

You talk about real life warfare, but do you realize how heavy cavalry is so you can survive a charge? Knights worse the heaviest armor through history. And no, armor doesn't weigh you down, with heavy I mean ammount of protection. Light cavalry is used for intercepting and well, skirmishing. Light cavalry mounted archers is the best setup for light cavalry because it maximizes their potential, but it would be hopeless to do what they did in the blackwater ambush if the lannisters weren't so thinned out. How would you think a light cavalry charge would do against a formation of spears and heavily armored men?

>>86331504
A longbow warbow seems to be the most powerful bow before composites, and the ranged cavalry just doesn't support that kind of weaponry. Their advantage to kill from farther away and use skirmish tactics is nullified by the Westerosi armor, it would work wonders is Essos because everyone is wearing much lighter armor.

>>86331225
He did, but Robert said the opposite thing, and so did Jaime this episode. It's a discontinuity, like you say.

pt. 1
>>
>>86331790
>He did, but Robert said the opposite thing, and so did Jaime this episode. It's a discontinuity, like you say.
I'd trust Jorah, who fought with and against the Dothraki, more than Robert or Jaime who have never even seen them in person before.
>>
Jon did it out of pragmatism. As he said, if the wildlings die beyond the wall it will just add to the Night King's army.
>>
>>86331790 pt.2
>>86331619
They could circle around the westerosi formations for ages if they wanted to, but the Dothraki would have the hardest time charging against them and their ranged weaponry wouldn't do much.

>>86331117
I agree it is completely plot convenience, but it isn't even about organization and discipline. Light cavalry just doesn't work against heavy infantry, that's why there's a thing called Heavy Cavalry, and it is hopeless to use it in a frontal charge against spears anyway. You use light cavalry to pin down enemy units.

>>86331115
See above. It is true, they would be hopeless.

If anyone were to look at mongol tactics it is obviously that they exploit their ranged advantage as much as they can then engage against their comparatively lightly armored foes that are on equal terms. I don't think you could put a mongols 15th century armament and hope them to penetrate half-plate and charge obliviuously against a spearmen levy.
>>
>>86322743

>The leaks were real

oh boi, see this is what you get for hiring pajeets, they leaked a whole season
>>
>>86322824
You sir, i like
>>
>>86327955

Does anyone else in the show, or her fans like from that bar, realize her only authority lies in the dragons? I hope one dies and one gets taken by the Night King soon.
>>
>>86329125
Not him but fine, Even if Dany goes through this whole thing like friggin Gandhi there will be tons of dead enemies and empty castles. She will like every other conqueror reward her followers with the aforementioned lordless fiefs. The fact is feudal societies are basically warlord protection rackets and the peasants will merely find the violent warmongering lord in the Castle now has a funny language a really likes horses. Much like the mongols or the Franks Dany will most likely use her Dothraki as the same kind of military caste that similar cultures always become once they get a taste of the good life.
>>
>robert says dothraki can beat them
>jorah says dothraki can beat them
>jaime says dothraki can beat them
>/tv/: n-no they can't beat /ourguys/. something something muh trained soldiers/armor
>>
>>86332092
So they are refugees then? Jon lets in refugees well Daenerys brings in the invaders.
>>
>>86322743
Jon didn't do anything. He's not commanding these troops or even pledging fealty. He just needs something Daenerys has and he doesn't really have to power to challenge her right now so he has to be diplomatic.
>>
>>86332462
I said I was not taking on the in character reasoning. I am talking about the logic behind it in the series. It is poor writing. The dothraki are very lightly armored compared to the real life mongols and they completely ignore skirmishing as they just charge directly. Mongols abused their ranged ability by staying out of reach of the enemy heavy cavalry. If the medieval knights of the time got a grip on the mounted archers they would be completely obliterated.
But whatever you just ignore what I and everyone else is saying, so:

>t. showfag
>>
>>86332309
She used to be smart, that ship sailed after she took Mereen
>>
>>86332115

Finally someone that knows what he is talking about.

It was painfull to listen ''you people don't know how to fight'' and Jaime praising the dothraki' battle power...

>>86332092

Most of them would die of hunger and cold before that, but even if that was not the case, at that time it would be hard to make the case that the white walkers could get past the wall.

Of course they eventually will, from a readers perspective its a cherkovs gun, but from the perspective of the nights watch members it makes not sense, except maybe for humanitarian reasons.

But in the way the stakes were much higher and the nights watch had such few men, they were not in position to accept humanitarian causes, they had to think in the bigger picture.

It made no sense in the book or show and Jon deserved to get stabbed.
>>
>>86322743
>Westerosi
>civilized

ah yes, the civilization of incest and murder as a problem-solving mechanism
>>
>>86332362

They can barely speak the language of the land and you expect them to become lords? just like that? come on man...
>>
>>86332768

incest is not looked with good eyes by any house, except the Targaryans.

murder is a crime, its also only accepted as capital punishment for the worse crimes, after a sentence.

owning slaves is also forbidden.

Stop talking out of your ass, dumb showfag.
>>
>>86332832
It's exactly what happened with the Mongols in China (They spoke Mongolian) the Normans under William (They spoke French not English) and a thousand other invaders. If Dany wins you'll have in a thousand years a bunch of pale-skinned Westerosi speaking lords bragging about their "Proud Dothraki Heritage" when they don't know a word of Dothraki or even want to fuck their horse.
>>
>>86332752
Oh no, I have no fucking idea what I'm talking about but I just run through what I think I know and try to use logic as much as I can. It's just that the dothraki are retarded mongols. As in, they are mongols but completely dumbed down. Mongol tactics worked because they did it right. They didn't charge using their mounted archers because they had their own heavy cavalry to deal up close. You want your archers to be quick and be able to skirmish around, and you don't want them fighting heavily armored knights. They could penetrate their armor because they were using bodkin points and compound bows. I don't think dothraki are using compound bows. Last time I cheched they were just "cool designed" "eastern looking" kind of bows with a slight curvature.
Not mentioning that the dothraki have overall lighter armor than the Mongols and the Westerosi have armor fitting for 14-15th century.

I agree it was painful to listen to that dothraki with the your people can't fight meme.

A full frontal dothraki charge against a poorly trained spearmen levy wouldn't last a round.
>>
GoT is now a Disney movie. The showrunners completely changed the point of the show starting with Season 5. Maybe sooner idk I'd have to rewatch the series. Probably never will since the well is poisoned.
>>
>>86333126

If the same thing happened it would take several generations to recover from that culture shock that would halt progress for years.

Why people sheer for Dany again?
>>
>>86332768
>ah yes, the civilization of incest and murder as a problem-solving mechanism
Incest is forbidden by Andal culture, but it was brought over by the Targaryens who wanted to keep their bloodlines pure. They also brought with them Targaryen madness.
>>
>>86333358
I don't know. Because she's a woman? Like, maybe?

People keep saying that everyone is muhsoginistic for not liking dany but if she were a man I would hate him so fucking much. Like, literally Aegon 2.0. A random cunt who shows up late at the party with like three flamethrowers and burns the house down.
>>
>>86322743
>Jon
wut
>>
>>86323119
hey we can drop the pretense if you want but i promise you would lose
>>
>>86333480

Of all the possible candidates, this is what women chose as an icon for women empowerment?

It boggles the mind...
>>
File: 1464110936387.jpg (4MB, 10000x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1464110936387.jpg
4MB, 10000x10000px
>>86322743
>fiction
who the hell cares
>>
>>86327955
Hated her since book one.
>>
>>86333640
mercy is fictional as well, anon
>>
>>86333480
>A random cunt who shows up late at the party
So, I'm assuming you hate Jon too then?
>>
>>86322743
I mean they follow orders pretty well in the show and Dany seems like she has them locked down. So they'll probably integrate and it won't be a plot point really. Sorry about your autism.
>>
>>86332637
>He's not commanding these troops or even pledging fealty.
yet
>>
File: catelyn.jpg (36KB, 622x353px) Image search: [Google]
catelyn.jpg
36KB, 622x353px
>>86333618
>>86333755

Catelyn is a much better written character.
Her complexity made her real, her mistakes made her tragic. Daenarys is a mary sue since book 2.

It doesn't help that the actress that plays cat in the show makes Emilia Clarke look like a cosplayer trying to act...
>>
>>86333856
I don't mind Jon, he isn't burning the local lords alive because they don't kneel.
>>
>>86331115
>>86332115
>>86332752
The Dothraki are idiots in universe as well. The entire backstory of the Unsullied is that only a dozen or so Unsullied protected a city because the Dothraki just kept trying to charge right into their shield wall.

It's not even correct to compare them to Mongols since the Mongols were absolutely evil about siege tactics (catapulting corpses of men who died of the black plague over city walls). Even Huns would gleefully take the armor off dead Roman soldiers for themselves. I feel like Dany is supposed to be a subverted Honoria in some way, because she married a man who was a lot like Attila with the promise of using her claim to take the throne with the horde army.
>>
>>86333877

She can control them in war times while they have the prospect of fighting and maybe looting castles and shit.

Lets see when the war is over. But you can't see 10 feet in front of you, right? not the clever type huh?
>>
>>86333987
They are kind of based on the mongols but completely stereotyped.

They don't use proper mounted ranged tactics and they wear extremely light armor and all kinds of "super cool eastern weaponry" stuff.
The mongols were good at sieging, but they just adopted a bunch of tactics from everyone else and adapted them for their own needs.
>>
>>86332658
not just that. people severely underestimate mongolian STRATEGY and think that it was all their superior tactics and superior steeds.

in reality, the mongols who invaded middle east were extremely careful leaders. they would send thousands of spies, get maps, get lists of where each army is stationed, learn how strong each fort is, send spies in major cities and get them to see if they could bribe the gate captains. they won because of their smarts, not because of their savagery (but people get confused because of the looting).

the dothraki are the complete opposite of that. the only thing they militarily have in common with mongols is having a cavalry based army. they are turkic caricatures based on stereotypes.
>>
>>86334088
This. They're completely useless during winter and the North.
>>
>>86332309
I have some good news for you anon...
>>
>>86334059
So what are you trying to get at here? I mean your point is valid but if you think the show is going to take time to address this sort of thing you're pretty dumb. There is no room for your autistic sense of realism in this fantasy show anymore.
>>
>>86334213
dothraki are more like cartoon barbarians than any real culture really
>>
>>86332752
>Most of them would die of hunger and cold before that, but even if that was not the case, at that time it would be hard to make the case that the white walkers could get past the wall.

No, Jon specifically voices that argument when his Night's Watch brothers complain about his decision to let them in. He's never been one of the characters who acts as if they are convinced that the wall will keep the walkers out no matter what.
>>
>>86334314

This is part of my criticism. The books and first seasons adress this kind of issues. The books go much, much further even.

The show has been dumbed down beyond belief and people just don't care. Most people, anyway. As long as they have those epic setpieces...
>>
>>86334213
>>86334350
This and this. I found it funny how they had so much pride in their mounted archery choreography thing. What is the fucking point of firing arrows mid-charge? Creating gaps in enemy lines before you charge in with your ligh cavalry into a spearwall?

First of all, those arrows aren't going to do much unless it's a lucky shot, and you won't get much accuracy STANDING ON A HORSE.

Not sitting, STANDING ON A FUCKING HORSE. It's like trying to do archery while stand-rowing on a large wooden board or something, while you move.

Second of all, seriously, what is the point? You're going to charge in like 5 seconds after you fire those arrows, you won't even reload and shoot again, and you completely ignore your advantage of staying out of reach while shooting arrows, so why shoot them at all? It would be more useful to just charge.
>>
>>86322743
It worked for Mongolian and the Yuan Dynasty. It's not like they're ISIS refugees in Germany amirite?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAEUrp2V4ss
>>
>>86334546

I know, but what makes Jon so sure about that?
Try to think as a nights watchman, not a reader.

His proposal does sound absurd, doesn't it?
>>
>>86334088
>The mongols were good at sieging, but they just adopted a bunch of tactics from everyone else and adapted them for their own needs.

I still think they're more like the Huns primarily because the Mongols didn't fall apart after the death of their rulers in the same way the Huns disintegrated into a squabbling mess after Attila died like a retard.

People do theorize that Mongol tactics would be ineffective in the smaller battlefields of Western Europe where heavy cavalry and infantry ruled because grazing a horde-like number of horses simply wasn't possible. It definitely shouldn't be feasible for Dothraki tactics to be suitable in Westeros.
>>
If they survive the war to come they'll stay and live pretty comfortable lives or they'll most likely take the enormous spoils of war and return to Essos and be the most legendary new Khals, bloodriders, etc. that have ever existed. They crossed the narrow sea, fought along side a dragon, fought the army of the dead, survived and returned home ludicrously wealthy.
>>
>>86334697
The thing is that, it didn't really work. The Yuan empire lasted not even 100 years and if you look at the later Qing Empire, it worked so poorly that the Manchu language is nearly dead and nobody in the Qing court could even speak Manchu after 100 years or so.
>>
>>86322743
>Yass queen gets whatever she wants because of muh dragons
>army is comprised of dickless men
>all leaders are women, except a disabled man, and two other men who also don't have dicks
>lord of light gender politics
>grayworm sex scene, you don't need to have a dick to be a man! (we want the trans community)

>Euron riding through the cheering crowd
>"i'm hard"

they're really not being subtle with the whole "masculinity is evil" message this season huh?

>"Do you know what kept me standing all those years in exile? Faith. Not in any gods. Not in myths.Not in legends. In myself."
>DUDE JUST BE YOURSELF LMAO BUT HAVE SOME DRAGONS

The show is over, you literally don't need to watch it any more, Dany's SJW coalition is literally not even allowed to lose.
>>
>>86334955
something tells me that after all that they would not want to get back to their shitty desert and their old rotine of killing sheep people.
>>
Where did they get their horses? The logistics of transporting the horses on ships seems unrealistic given the timescales. They'd need time to recover from the journey, to be exercised, acclimatised (riding on sand vs grass) and so on.

If they were local horses, how did they train them so quickly?
>>
>>86326693
>conquered
m8 the mongols got cucked out of their "conquests" because they were stupid. The Golden Horde totally collapsed and was unable to take over fucking Hungary of all places all the while getting utterly BTFO by croatian hill niggers
The Yuan Dynasty gave up all pretensions of even being Mongolian and just capitulated to the Chinese court and served as Emperor of China effectively severing ties with the rest of the Mongols. Even then, they barely controlled China and were ousted quickly.
In the Middle East the were humiliated again and again and again by Muslim generals until they just fucking gave up. There are multiple generals in India who made entire careers out of literally never losing to the Mongols.
How many people speak Mongolian, use their writing system, or even express love for their potential mongolian heritage? Fucking nobody outside of Mongolia.
>integrated themselves
what a fucking joke. I will never understand why people jerk the Mongols off like they were this incredible power. What did they even really conquer anyway? China for a hot minute, Korea, Baghdad sort of, and the vast empty nothingness of Central Russia? I mean for fucks sake they couldnt even conquer Novgorod. On top of all that their "empire" barely lasted 100 years.

The Dothraki have much more in common with the Huns.
>>
>>86335006
>f you look at the later Qing Empire, it worked so poorly that the Manchu language is nearly dead and nobody in the Qing court could even speak Manchu after 100 years or so.

No, it worked even butter because the manchu weren't full-on retarded nomads like the monogoloids. They were able to fully integrate and become no different to superior chink scholars and noblesmen.

It took a 7 nation army to bring Qing to its knees.
>>
>>86335006
that was an example of successful integration though
like seriously, you're not even the ones with the political power, but your culture is so alluring that you basically chinkify them regardless
>>
>>86334898
Yeah I didn't mean they were like the mongols. I was just pointing out that the mongols could indeed siege compared to the dothraki who are just generic steppe people who can't siege for shit.
>>
>>86333950
I wanna ______ that old lady :3
>>
>>86335149
I don't think you understand what I mean by integration, it's adopting the culture of the society you live in
the issue was "barbarians in civilized lands being an issue", the mongols solved this issue for their conquests by just dropping all mongolism and integrating

no need to lash out against me
>>
>>86335071
>they're really not being subtle with the whole "masculinity is evil" message this season huh?
This is what most pisses me off, there's no subtlty, not even a transition. It's a 180 compared to previous seasons, all starting from when the moaning about misogyny reached fever pitch. Since then it's been an utterly unrealistic show.

If there'd been more story-telling, showing how women grew and developed into these roles and so on, then I could get on board. But there's been the barest stuff and now they're utterly superior in every way possible.

Culture is going to suck if these idiots on social media immediately start protest movements against any form of art which contains something they find troubling or disagree with.
>>
>>86331647
>Northerners
>assimilated into Andal culture

The North is the only part of the Seven Kingdoms that didn't get conquered by the Andals. It's still First Men stock and culture, just like the wildlings.

It's the difference between a hypothetical medieval Northern Germany accepting Swedish raiders versus accepting Egyptian pirates.
>>
>>86331225
>so there's no time to write better strategy for Dany's armies

What. It's easy. A dragon burns a hole in the enemy lines and cavalry pour through and wreak havoc like a medieval spearhead, though if it were knights pouring through the hole it would literally be an armoured spearhead. :^)
>>
>>86335368
well your insinuating that this is what the Mongols intended and that certainly is not the case.
Genghis Khan wanted to be rich and rule as much of the world as he could and get rich from it.
The Mongols ultimately failed completely because they were integrated. The Mongols certainly wouldnt have chosen to doom Mongolia to being irrelevant again but thats what happened. The Mongolians didnt adopt any culture, they were seduced by it because despite military victory they had absolutely zero political sway over any of the people they "defeated"
Reading up on Chinese history, particularly souther China, during the Yuan period shows that the Yuan had the loosest possible definition of control and were barely a functioning dynasty compared to all others before and since.
Its very much the same in the Eurasian and Middle Easter areas the Mongols were in as well.
The Mongols are overrated.
>>
>>86332309
I don't understand how none of her fans see in her the same exact qualities Tyrion was attributing to Cersei in that monologue overlaying the capture of Casterly Rock. Look at the faces of the Westerosi who bent the knee, they don't follow her because she's setting them free from a life of serfdom or because she's promising a better life, they're submitting because they fear her dragons, the same reason they were supposedly following Cersei.
>>
>>86335381

When is this generation of sjw and professional victimism going to end? I want to wake up from this nightmare.

I just want the 90s 2.0, a time when being edgy is expected and everything is permitted...
>>
>>86330220
Or they destroy the advanced civilization and use the loot for petty gains. See the Mongols sacking Baghdad.
>>
>>86335744
>well your insinuating that this is what the Mongols intended
no
just that mongols were smart enough to go "holy shit these people have an actual civilization, better jump on board" while the dothraki are characterized as thick as pigshit and just as stubborn as the smell (except when the liberal white savior is concerned, of course)
>>
>>86335844
I wish I knew. I thought safe spaces would be the end of it - the idea of basically having no-thought zones on campus seemed a joke, and yet it's happening.

It is weird as hell that young people now are acting like old people were in the 80s and 90s in terms of censorship and the like.
>>
>>86335467

No the Notherners speak the Andal Common Tongue rather then Old Tongue of wildlings, they live in settlements rather being wild like the wildlings, for example the Manderlys brought Andal civilization from the south and create the greatest settlement in the north, they support the established authorities and bend the knee, etc. Wildlings are wild and unassimilated.
>>
>>86335981
The mongols were essentially pastoralist who occasionally took advantage of their weakened, more sedentary neighbors. They weren't an entire civilization of rapists and raiders.
>>
>>86336235
dothraki are barely more of a civilization than the mongols
>>
>>86335981
More importantly they also used muh muslim tech for siege battles... and weren't dumb enough to convert to allah snackbars.
>>
File: file.png (53KB, 534x534px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
53KB, 534x534px
>>86327955

Nah. She was a great character since the start that was always meant to be the one representing all the actual magic from the story and that was done perfectly. She represents the rise of magic that had almost faded and had now returned strong to the world.

You guys are just contrarians for the sake of it. Just like all of you who keep saying how the show is supposedly the worst thing to happen to mankind yet simply can't stop watching it and talking about it 24/7 because deep down you know it's one of the best series right there.

Deal with it.
>>
File: 1486354373485.png (875KB, 968x745px) Image search: [Google]
1486354373485.png
875KB, 968x745px
>>86322824
>>
>>86323225
oh really, breaking promises is honorable now?
>>
>>86322824
lmao
>>
File: Big Up Ya Self.jpg (131KB, 504x362px) Image search: [Google]
Big Up Ya Self.jpg
131KB, 504x362px
>>86322824

This guy gets it.
>>
>>86327675

The show is actually pretty redpilled if you can actually understand foreshadowing. Actually more the show is forced to follow some book plots now. Dany isnt a good guy and never was meant to be. GRRM wrote her as basically Sauron from a different perspective.

This is obvious when she gives the slaves and Unsullied and dothraki a choice to follow her but the westerosi get no choice

This isnt a fairy tale. Dany was never a good ruler. She had great intentions but in the books it's apparent she's a stupid little girl and everywhere she tries to make things "better" ends up MUCH worse.

It's a nice metaphor for all those retarded white women who think theyll make things better by destroying the society those ebil white males built up but in reality they dont realize shit about why those things exist and theyre just talking out their asses

Dany is no different from any of the others she's trying to claim to be different from. Even the slaves in Mereen were starting to turn on her ass. If she hadnt fucked off and left a brutal mercenary captain in charge there would've been constant revolts

Dany isnt the protagonist of this story. None of the women are. Jon is the protagonist and hes the only one who is actually showing honorable traits worthy of a king. He had justified reason to let the wildlings in. He wants the realm to survive the dead and needs all the help he can get. Dany has no reason other than "muh throne" for letting the dothraki come.

In the end all those stronk women will end up fucking up and the white male will end up saving the world and ruling.

Remember the house of the undying? Dany came so close to touching the throne but never did, instead the throne was covered in snow.

It's redpilled in the sense it's showing that all the liberal feminist bullshit doesnt actually work.
>>
>>86322743
>Jon
>brought saveges
oh gee, I wonder if it was cause he didn't want to make army of dead larger
>>
>>86322743
They're a lot more worried about extermination and the Lannisters than they are some backwards cultures.
>>
>>86322824
this is what non-bigoted westerosis will say. ofc if they discriminate against the dothraki they might get marginalized and have to lash out in desperation against the oppression (aka rape or maybe pillage some villages)
>>
>>86329608

Not true at all. These problems are definitely addressed in the books. I mean ffs the dumb white bitch got a virtue high from "freeing the slaves" then an army of slaves followed her and starved because she couldn't feed them. The cities she left behind quickly turned violent and saw a fuck ton of slaughter. Then plague set in from all the people starving and both the rich and the poor were starting to turn against her. Freed slaves even tried selling themselves back into slavery so they could have food and a home

The books address acting without thinking of the consequences because you think it's right quite a bit
>>
>>86329721

No she specifically says "that wont be your way of life anymore"

While an episode before to the dothraki "we will kill men in iron suits and tear down their stone houses"
>>
>>86330220

Historically one side kills the other. Pick up a fucking history book. This is literally how rome fell
>>
File: 1387509015686.gif (875KB, 178x195px) Image search: [Google]
1387509015686.gif
875KB, 178x195px
>>86339571
You had me until
>It's a nice metaphor for all those retarded white women who think theyll make things better by destroying the society those ebil white males built up but in reality they dont realize shit about why those things exist and theyre just talking out their asses

Something you want to get off your chest, Anon?
>>
File: cant fite.png (398KB, 879x636px) Image search: [Google]
cant fite.png
398KB, 879x636px
>>86332462
More like
>robert says dothraki can beat them
>jorah says dothraki can beat them
>jaime says dothraki can beat them
>/tv/: wait how can they beat them
I saw a dragon burning hundreds of troops alive while horseniggers crashed against the line of spears and died in droves.
>>
File: nftytrjtrj.png (3KB, 222x216px) Image search: [Google]
nftytrjtrj.png
3KB, 222x216px
>>86340382
>Westerosi soldiers have been fighting a brutal Civil War with multiple allegiance shifts, constant skirmishing and sieges, and a number of large battles; over the course of several years, on top of the tourneys and melees they fought for years before that
>"Your people cant fight"
How the fuck do the Dothraki learn to fight better than knights who have done nothing but kill eachother for the better part of a decade?
>>
k
>>
>>86330105
>He should have stuck with the original 5 year time skip.
Explain pls
>>
>>86322824
Thats a laugh from me
>>
>>86338195
Reddit please leave
>>
>>86322743
Who cares if they are "savages" or not, Westeros needs all the bodies it can get for the fight against the White Walkers and to repopulate the lands after all is said and done.
>>
>>86341399
why did America get BTFO in Vietnam war?

you white people thinking immigrants must be inferior when you can't even outcompete them for jobs lel
>>
>>86330859
WE
>>
>>86331225
>a broadsword is designed to pierce plate
no
>>
>>86343865
lol this
>>
>>86340002
He's talking about feminists always bitch about bringing change to the patriarchy, but their change is inherently destructive to the culture that birthed them Ie, they see things such as capitalism, American culture, pride in where you're born as abhorrent trappings of the past. Anything related to those are just as abhorrent and need to be done away with as well. It's complete dogmatic bullshit.

Unless you were going for le epic armchair psychologist garbage.
>>
>>86343735
>Anyone in Westeros wanting the shitskins to repopulate in their lands
>>
>>86335149
>Novograd
Was the city of Novigrad in Witcher based on this?
>>
>>86322743
In their rush to ruin Stannis, DABID completely left out his offer to the wildlings to come south of the wall and unite against the mutual enemy so long as they bent the knee and kept the Kings Law.
Instead the evil man told Jon to execute them all but he let them all come south with no questions or terms because they are refugees of peace.
>>
>>86322824
Beautiful
>>
File: 1502088729111.jpg (69KB, 1400x800px) Image search: [Google]
1502088729111.jpg
69KB, 1400x800px
>>86333755
>>86328748
>Reading Danerys' chapters

tfw no Dickon chapter
>>
>>86322824

germanz....
>>
>>86338195
Literally the only thing magical about her is she can hold hot things. Woo spooky
>>
>>86343784
That was US in Vietnam, Dothraki are the invading immigrants, you've got it backwards, they should get their shit slapped against the locals
>>
File: 1458376848406.jpg (54KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1458376848406.jpg
54KB, 500x461px
>>86322824
>>
>>86335368
disappearing as a culture, as a people, as an ethnicity is not a good thing

What value is "integration"? Noone today talks about the Native American tribes who were our allies, because they fucking integrated & disappeared
>>
>>86339571
>This isnt a fairy tale. Dany was never a good ruler. She had great intentions but in the books it's apparent she's a stupid little girl and everywhere she tries to make things "better" ends up MUCH worse.
Sauron also had good intentions originally too. But yeah, she's making her journey into villainy for a while now.

>>86340002
nonsense aside, he's almost certainly right about Dany being GRRMs version of Sauron, the great and horrifying power of the east
>>
>>86330859
I also don't understand why if the Dothraki are so good every other army doesn't just do that.

All they need to do is breed shitloads of horses. Which should be easy since they're now devoting zero men or resources to training, command or smithing anything besides scythes. All you need to do is give a shitload of dudes a horse and a scythe each then point them at the enemy.
>>
>>86322743
Uhm, are you like, racist or something? No culture is objectively superior to any other.
>>
>>86322743
>Assuming they win, what about all those dothraki and wildlings roaming free in westeros in the times of peace?
They won't be around. There's only couple of thousands of wildlings left, and they are around the Wall. They are the first line of defence. Dothraki are not equiped for winter. They are also useless without horses, which Dany won't be able to feed during winter. None of those two groups will survive in larger numbers.
>>
>>86331300
CK2 player detected.

There's a reason horse archers were largely limited to wide open steppes and no one else thought to implement them on a large scale. They're basically useless against fortified castles, armoured knights and thick pike formations. The main value of them is to harass the enemy until the break formation, you can't harass a castle into submission.

There's a good reason the Mongols got BTFO in India and Eastern Europe where they used these kinds of tactics.
>>
>>86343658

GRRM was going to do a 5 year time skip before ADWD. Then he changed his mind and instead wrote ADWD.
>>
>>86331790
>Anon steppe horse archers' arrows can't penetrate the armor of the westerosi infantry
Mongols absolutely decimated Polish and Hungarian armies in the 13th century. Don't remember the exact name of the battle but there was a case when they slaughtered entire scores of heavily armoured Polish and German knights.
>>
File: 1456784203534.png (67KB, 181x201px) Image search: [Google]
1456784203534.png
67KB, 181x201px
>>86322824
>>
File: sprite38.jpg (28KB, 277x354px) Image search: [Google]
sprite38.jpg
28KB, 277x354px
>>86322743
So now that the leaked plot is basically confirmed, what other shit are you faggots going to watch?

and don't say "they could be wrong lol"

no, cersei is knocked up and they're all going to the north to die and jon and dany are gonna fuck in the finale.
>>
>>86322824
Well played sir
>>
>>86334898
Dothraki tactics might be viable in The Reach and The Westerlands but not anywhere else. Dorne? Too hot and barren, no grass for the horses to eat. The Vale? Too mountainous and craggy. The Stormlands? Damp climate has never been a good thing for cavalry heavy armies. The North? Hypothermia would kill them instantly. Not to mention the impassable swamps of The Neck. It would be like when the Mongols invaded Vietnam. Horses bogged down in marshes and local guerilla warfare and exotic diseases.
>>
>>86322743
Well the wildlings would love to go back and be free when the north isn't crawling with undead. The dothraki, on the other hand, have a sea to cross and no real reason to do so.
>>
>>86322743
Why are you using problematic and toxic thinking? What if your boss finds out? You might lose your job.
>>
>>86328338
This nigga gets it
>>
>>86346915
why are we acting like how much food they have is relevant in show? they sat in boats by a rock in a stormy ocean for months no worries.
>>
>>86343784
Because the Soviet Union and China threatened to kill all of humanity if the US stepped one foot into North Vietnam?
>>
>>86348075
Yeah, why can't the USA just invade other countries with impunity?

Didn't the USSR and China know that only America is allowed to defend their allies?
>>
File: 1499098396555.png (568KB, 486x593px) Image search: [Google]
1499098396555.png
568KB, 486x593px
>>86322743
Because the term savage is a fictional term that never had any merit or weight to it.
>Assuming they win, what about all those dothraki and wildlings roaming free in westeros in the times of peace
Everyone is going to be busy surviving winter
>>
>>86345220
Lefties don't care, some liberals might care but they care more about not being seen as "racist". Gadsden faggots only care about "muh free market" and the only people who care and aren't afraid to voice out their concerns are confederate flag waving, Nazi LARPers and kids online. We're fucked.
>>
>>86322824

(you)

good one
>>
I'd just call them all into the dragon pit after the war is over, have Drogon roast the fuckers, then eat the charred meat from their bodies to survive the long winter.
>>
>>86322743
>2-4000 wildlings, at least half women and children
>100000 raping pillaging dothraki soldiers

If you can't spot the difference you're retarded
>>
Why don't the free cities just genocide the entire Dothraki population once and for all now that their entire fighting population are on another continent fighting another war?

They're literally defenceless.
>>
>>86338195
Tbh she has been a cringy and over the top character since she got rid of drogo.
Also only shit she does is being smug and angry like people here say.
Tbh only good MCs are jon and jaime.
>>
File: 1499876064819.png (22KB, 723x661px) Image search: [Google]
1499876064819.png
22KB, 723x661px
>>86322824
>>
>>86339891
>Tells someone to pick up a book
>Clearly has no fucking idea what he is talking about himself
Normally in a situation such as this, the leader of the invaders (Dany) would rule and she'd just give out all empty titles to those who helped her which are her butthurt buddies and the dorthrakis. Since there aren't that many titles to give out as of right now the dorthraki will probably get 0, and will just be either forced to settle and farm or fuck off back to Essos. If Dany was a dorthraki then they'd probably sack some shit and the dorthraki would get every title, Dany would still rule
>>
File: 1501900341450.jpg (153KB, 960x643px) Image search: [Google]
1501900341450.jpg
153KB, 960x643px
>>86330388
>white people not being able to assimilate with each other
Entirely different story bringing makeup wearing pseudo mongol/arab looking people who like fucking on the streets and killing each other for minor disagreements. But hey it's the current year and we just have to be tolerant and accept all cultures, even in our tv shows apparently. I wonder (((who))) could possibly be behind this.
Thread posts: 192
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.