[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Beginning of the movie >Protagonist is happy/content with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: b6b.jpg (236KB, 2048x1105px) Image search: [Google]
b6b.jpg
236KB, 2048x1105px
>Beginning of the movie
>Protagonist is happy/content with their life
>New character comes in
>They are hostile to each other at first, but through their trials become friends
>It is revealed that the main character has deceived or in someone wronged the other
>The other abandons the main character
>In a time of need they return
>Problem resolved and the main character is even happier now with a new friend/changing experience

Why is this specific structure more popular in animated movies (Pixar specifically)? Off the top of my head Cars, Up, Monsters Inc and even Toy Story follow this path. Is it just the best for children to relate to?
>>
>>86279386
You missed out pretty much always being about getting lost then going home.
But Pixar movies aren't really focused plot. They have an obvious formula but you could never say all those movies are the same.
What makes them unique and interesting is the setting and characters and there's nothing wrong with that
>>
>>86279386
>Is it just the best for children to relate to?
Yes.
>>
It's baby's first character peogression
>>
>>86279386
>complain about transparent plot in children's movies.

I mean what did you expect? Dune level writing?
>>
>>86279559
Well, a lot of people have trouble understanding what happens in Spirited Away.
>>
>>86279633
That's a good thing. Look at the state of media now that everyone want the same plot with a different skin.
>>
>>86279386
I don't recognize the WALL-E plot at all. In fact most Pixar movies apart those you listed don't follow this structure.
>>
>>86279744
Wall e was a steaming pile of trash
>>
>>86279744
>Beginning of the movie
>Protagonist is happy/content with their life
Wall-E building wall and chilling with his roach
>New character comes in
EVE
>They are hostile to each other at first, but through their trials become friends
EVE is scanning shit and tell Wall-E to fuck off
>It is revealed that the main character has deceived or in someone wronged the other
Wall-E had the fucking plant the whole time
>The other abandons the main character
Eve gets take to the ship
>In a time of need they return
Wall-E follows Eve
>Problem resolved and the main character is even happier now with a new friend/changing experience
Humanity saved they digifuck for all human history.
>>
>>86279633
I'll admit I have no idea what happened in Spirited Away, seemed like a bunch of random shit happening in sequence. Howl's moving castle was the same
>>
>>86279559
I'm not complaining, just wondering why it's so prevalent.
>>
>>86280529
>why is a predicable, money making formula so prevalent in an animated movie studio?
i'm stumped
>>
>>86280623
It's actually curious how studio and formula-driven animation in America is. It works very differently than live action.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.