[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Last HitB a month and a half ago. No Dunkirk HitB, no Apes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 9

>Almost 2 weeks since last Best of the Worst
>Almost a month since last Re:View
>Instead of several pieces of content, we got an hour long Plinkett review
>Next HitB won't be out for another 3-6 days
>They make $19 000 a month on patreon + all their ad revenue and merchandise sales

What the fuck is going on at RedLetterMedia? Is it possible we are just dealing with incredibly lazy, blue collar, slubby middle aged losers that are in over their head in terms of success, and they just want to sit around all day drinking beer and collecting $19 000 for producing 2-3 videos a month? Is this a fucking joke or is this what its actually come too?
>>
>>86279285
Stop trying to bait people
>>
seems ok. i've paid them nothing and have enjoyed a good few hours of their content over the years. im not upset
>>
>>86279285
plinkett reviews are big productions compared to their other stuff, they were busy working on that
>>
>>86279317
HOW am I trying to bait people? Please, elaborate. They are making $228k a year from patreon ALONE, and they can only produce 2-3 videos a month. They make 30 minute on average videos with minimal editing. Explain right now what they are doing with 3/4 of their time.

>>86279380
>Plinkett reviews are big productions
Mike sits on his computer chair, records himself talking in a Plinkett voice, and edits his voice over images from google and clips from movies. If you're working MINIMUM 8 hours a day 5 days a week (which is bare bones basic working hours for babies) then it should only take like 2-3 days to make a Plinkett review. Stop with the excuses.
>>
how autistic do you have to be to give a fuck about this?
>>
>>86279285
>>86279500
We can safely add another 1k a month from their merchandise and such. So that brings it to $20k a month, or $240 000 a fucking year.

Jesus Christ. I mean, I know it's split across 3 people and a studio. But damn, these fuckers are loaded.
>>
>>86279285
>MUH ENTITLEMENT!
>>
dude we got a pre rec review of player unknown battlegrounds
>>
Imagine being sad enough to donate money to these losers
>>
>>86279670
>$240k before taxes split between three people and expenses
>rich
sounds like a decent job, but I wouldn't call it wealthy
>>
>>86279285
>>86279500
August (so far):
>Mr. Plinkett's Ghostbuster's Review
>Pre Rec: Playerunknown's Battleground

July:
>Best of the Worst: The Sweeper, Empire of the Dark, and Mad Foxes
>re:View: Martin
>Rich and Mike Talk: Disney’s Star Wars Han Solo Movie Terrible Ideas
>Best of the Worst: Wheel of the Worst #15
>Half in the Bag: Baby Driver and Spider-Man Homecoming
>re:View: Blade Runner

June:
>Three Joke Transformers videos
>Best of the Worst: Hollywood Cop
>Did Red Letter Media Invent Slenderman?
>Half in the Bag: The Mummy
>Pre Rec: Strafe
>Half in the Bag: Wonder Woman

So what exactly is the problem? They're not producing exactly what you want when you want them to? Oh and they make money on Patreon (which you don't donate to)? Okay.
>>
>>86280142
you forgot about their baby driver review
>>
>>86279285
>>Almost 2 weeks since last Best of the Worst
Are you somehow under the impression that they usually release Best of the Worst episodes more often than this?

>>Instead of several pieces of content, we got an hour long Plinkett review
They average one video a week, often times more, and the release of the Plinkett review hasnt' changed that so what's the problem?

>>Next HitB won't be out for another 3-6 days
How do you know this?
>>
>>86280222
No I didn't. It's listed.
>>
File: 1457382864053.jpg (24KB, 347x323px) Image search: [Google]
1457382864053.jpg
24KB, 347x323px
>>86279285
I really do not understand why people like OP obsess over the personal lives of individuals who create any sort of content to be consumed by an audience. Maybe if you told me they had unfiled back taxes from their revenue or that they had a pedofilia ring going on I might actually give a shit about your dumb ass thread. Could you really not come up with one TV or movie related topic for discussion?
>>
>>86280101
How high are their expenses?

This may not be an incredible salary but considering they get it for making a few YouTube videos a month it's great money. No way are they working 40 hours a week
>>
>>86279285
Get some real friends, faggot.
>>
>>86280142
>listing boring videos about Rich Evans and Aids Moby being clueless faggots about video games

That's not Redlettermedia. That is Pre Rec. A horrible channel that is separate from RLM
>>
>>86279285
>just want to sit around all day drinking beer and collecting $19 000
Sounds great.
>>
File: preerec_884.jpg (46KB, 350x196px) Image search: [Google]
preerec_884.jpg
46KB, 350x196px
>>86280802
What's that in the top corner? Oh it's the Red Letter Media logo.

Oh and would you look at that? Pre Rec episodes are hosted on Red Letter Media's website.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it "doesn't count."
>>
>>86279285
some rich assholes apparently like them enough to pay them to make funny videos so good on them. what have u done op???
>>
>>86280916
Mike and Jay (2/3 of the people making money through RLM's Patreon) have no involvement whatsoever, apart from Jay showing up to the occasional stream. Pre Rec has its own Patreon and is therefore its own venture.
>>
>>86280352
mikes a white nationalist thug how's that
>>
>>86279285

It's been one month, unless three days counts as "half a month." They've never done a war movie before, not sure why you'd think they would start now. Apes is and always has been boring garbage, don't blame them for finally skipping one.

>Instead of several pieces of content, we got an hour long Plinkett review

Acting like a vast majority of their subscribers weren't thrilled about a new Plinkett review is low quality bait. It's the reason most of them signed up to donate in the first place.

If you don't like it, cancel your donation. Oh wait, you don't donate.
>>
>>86281226
>They've never done a war movie before, not sure why you'd think they would start now.
Red Tails
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VVMVtuN9FY
>>
>>86280142
The best of the worst episodes were excellent, everything else shit. And listing the transformers joke videos is sad (although I loved them).
>>
>>86280142
Also prerec is shit. Fuck videogames.
>>
>it's a anon doesn't understand what being a patron means

fucking profligates
>>
>>86281370
>slightly comedic film produced and heavily marketed by George Lucas

I stand corrected but they've still never done a heady war drama and it's not like that haven't had chances (Hacksaw Ridge, American Sniper, Unbroken, Lone Survivor, Fury)
>>
File: 1422116806599.png (94KB, 314x402px) Image search: [Google]
1422116806599.png
94KB, 314x402px
>>86279380
>plinkett reviews are big productions

The latest one sure as fuck wasn't a big production. Like 2 minutes of recycled Plinkett vision footage, only a dozen jokes in the video, the rest just repeating the same points in a rambling manner.

I used to defend them but this shit is lazy, it's an exended HitB rant. Why make it if you're not going to care to do it right?
>>
>>86280995
Pre Rec doesn't have a patreon
>>
File: 1466650773895.jpg (225KB, 724x849px) Image search: [Google]
1466650773895.jpg
225KB, 724x849px
>>86280142
>>Pre Rec
>>
>>86281625
You should ask for your money back?
>>
>>86281625
did you intentionally ignore the jack and rich skit that was in it
>>
>>86281625
because they don't care anymore, they're living the good life in milwaukee off 20,000 dollars a month and they're blowing it all on booze and hookers. deal with it.
>>
To cover the week, like the 30 min BoTW episode about Hollywood cop.
>>
>>86279285
The last Plinkett review sounded phoned in. You could tell they were not passionate about it and it feels forced.

>>86281625
Yeah, it wasn't as in depth, it was just a lazy meta rant about the production rather than looking at it scene by scene from a technical point.
>>
>>86280142
>August (so far):
>>Mr. Plinkett's Ghostbuster's Review
Halfassed.
>>Pre Rec: Playerunknown's Battleground
Pre Rec doesn't count.
>July:
>>Best of the Worst: The Sweeper, Empire of the Dark, and Mad Foxes
Low effort content
>>re:View: Martin
Ok
>>Rich and Mike Talk: Disney’s Star Wars Han Solo Movie Terrible Ideas
SHORT
>>Best of the Worst: Wheel of the Worst #15
Low effort content.
>>Half in the Bag: Baby Driver and Spider-Man Homecoming
1 HITB this month
>>re:View: Blade Runner
Ok
>June:
>>Three Joke Transformers videos
No effort content.
>>Best of the Worst: Hollywood Cop
Low effort content.
>>Did Red Letter Media Invent Slenderman?
SHORT
>>Half in the Bag: The Mummy
2 HITB this month.
>>Pre Rec: Strafe
Pre Rec doesn't count.
>>Half in the Bag: Wonder Woman
>>
>>86281707
>rather than looking at it scene by scene from a technical point

but they did dissect some scenes and compared others to their counterpart in the original to show why they didn't work

did you also complaint that the baby day out review spent way too much time talking about gorilla physics instead of trashing the movie some more?
>>
>>86281733
>Low effort
Just because you hate BotW doesn't make it "low effort"
>>
>>86281690
>did you intentionally ignore the jack and rich skit that was in it

No, that's actually even worse. What the fuck was that? It just repeated the joke Mike just did.

>>86281699
>because they don't care anymore, they're living the good life in milwaukee off 20,000 dollars a month

Honestly I think the money they make and never being punished by the idiot fanbase is the reason. Why should they care when they're rewarded for being lazy?

>>86281707
>it was just a lazy meta rant about the production rather than looking at it scene by scene from a technical point

Exactly, dressed up rant shit we've seen previously in off-the-cuff format HitB.
>>
>>86281733
>waaahh why doesn't every video they make meet my personal specifications??

I can't even imagine being so pathetic they this is the kind of thing I get butthurt over.
>>
>they have obvious contempt for most modern genre movies
>they don't like to review movies they can't actually bring themselves to care about, even if it's just to make fun of them
>they don't like to review movies they have nothing interesting to say about, even if it's a movie they like

refer to this post whenever you question why RLM didn't review something.
>>
>>86281733
>Rich and Mike Talk: Disney’s Star Wars Han Solo Movie Terrible Ideas
>SHORT

Nigga what? That video was a half hour long, that's longer than some HitB episodes
>>
>>86281809
>Honestly I think the money they make and never being punished by the idiot fanbase is the reason

Yeah I'm sure they'll be crushed to lose your $0 Patreon pledge
>>
>>86281828
On top of that, what does length have to do with anything?
>>
>>86281821

The point is they're not meeting their own standards, yet making more money than ever.

If they need to hire people to get content done on time they can. But they don't. In fact standards are slipping and less content is produced. More rambling content is substituted for things that require effort.
>>
19k/month is nothing for a team of 2-4 people..

They make a few videos a month, that are high quality (in production at the very least) which won't generate them much money on it's own.
>>
>>86279285
>blue collar
way
>>
>I'm mad shlubby nerds with boring taste aren't talking about movies I saw last month
i miss old /tv/
>>
>>86281922
>their standards are too low
>they should hire other people to poorly replicate their style of editing so they can crank out videos quicker which will in NO WAY affect the quality of their material
Hahah you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>86281969
you mean old /tv/ where there was thread about the prequel reviews every day? hello tourist.
>>
>>86282010

>every single task in their business is content related

This is why you'll always be poor.
>>
>>86281922
>on time
Lol what the fuck does this even mean? They don't have deadlines. They make what they want when they want. You're demanding they turn into Nostalgia Critic and just churn out weekly crap to meet the demands of entitled dipshits like you who would most assuredly bitch about their content being stale and forced if they did what you want them to
>>
>>86281961
It's 3 people.
Jack and Josh do it for free
>>
>>86279670
Nigga that's a side job at best
>>
>>86282068
Oh please tell me more about how this business you know nothing about operates behind the scenes
>>
>>86281922
When has RLM ever churned out weekly videos for an extended period of time?
>>
>>86280444
They seem to use half-decent equipment and have proper sets.
>>
>>86281922
If people felt their "demands" weren't being met, they'd unsubscribe and stop donating to their Patreon. Instead, their subs and Patreon continue to go up, almost like other people enjoy material that you don't.

I can't help but think you're a jealous failure trying and failing to do what RLM is doing.
>>
>>86282118
>please tell me more about how this business

Any business of size accumulates the same overhead you mental mongoloid.
>>
>>86282258
Haha you sound like a dumb teenager that overheard his dad talking shop one day. Fucking moron.
>>
File: Jay approved.jpg (226KB, 800x1182px) Image search: [Google]
Jay approved.jpg
226KB, 800x1182px
>>86279285
>>They make $19 000 a month on patreon + all their ad revenue and merchandise sales
Do you mean to say these hack frauds could probably make a real movie instead of oh-so-hilarious "intentionally shit" cringeworthy "comedies"?
Pic related a great flick made for less than they earn yearly

I like occasionally enjoy watching HitB while drunk, but redditletter media as a production company are a joke.
>>
>>86282412
you sound drunk and australian
>>
>>86282412
>yearly
You realize they don't get their Patreon amount for the entire year in one large sum, do you? If they dumped that much into a movie, it would essentially kill their current business. All because you think they should make a "serious" movie, even though they don't express any interest in doing so.
>>
>>86282412
They won't make a serious movie because they don't have the talent or skills to make one.
>>
>>86282050
prequel reviews are 1000x better than pasty nerd circle time
>>
>>86282412
I doubt they make 42k a month.

They also have to live on that money.
They can't dump it all on a movie and be expected to bring out regular RLM content as well
>>
>>86282474
>All because you think they should make a "serious" movie, even though they don't express any interest in doing so.
Talentless hacks are talentless hacks. I'll bet you $100 reddit letter "real movie" kikestarter will raise x10 what blue ruin's did.
Basically, fuck off, Rich.

>>86282512
Exactly
>>
>>86282512
All their skill lies in editing.

They could probably make a good (relatively speaking) reality show.
>>
>>86282599
They can edit 2 hours of drunken banter down to 30 minutes. With some toilet humor sprinkled in now and again. Fucking Bravo.
>>
>>86282744
You can't possibly be naive enough to think that's all that their editing involves.
>>
>>86282812
I just watch HitB, even then if it's not a capeshit episode.
>>
>>86282904
Thanks for confirming you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>86282974
Jay & Mike are misunderstood geniuses. Gotcha fampai.
>>
>>86279285
I wish I could buy their merchandise with just my credit card instead of signing up for PayPal. I don't like PayPal.
>>
>>86283093
Haha nobody said that, you autistic faggot.
>>
>>86280916
If I subscribe to PreRec on Twitch, do Mike and Jay see any of that money?
>>
>>86283199
You don't have to sign up for PayPal to USE PayPal, ya dingus.
>>
>>86283199
>credit card
you're already chained to the jew anyway
>>
>>86283292
*tips hickory stick*
>>
>>86281733
Best of the Worst is a huge amount of editing work. They also have to mix the audio in favor of who's speaking, which is also a lot of work for an hour long video.
>>
>>86283278
You don't say? Well thanks, you just made Mike and Jay $70.
>>
>>86283478
It's funny, re:view is the only one he doesn't shit on and those are probably the least amount of work.
>>
File: 1496619613165.jpg (870KB, 1180x1180px) Image search: [Google]
1496619613165.jpg
870KB, 1180x1180px
>>86279285
My "review" of Reddit Letter Media

>posting in a friend simulator thread
>idolizing an aging group of youtube vloggers from Milwaukee
>he gives his real-life "friends" money every month

Rich
>an unemployed construction worker, the trick monkey fraud of the group. knows two tricks: forced laughter and becoming violent. brava, rich! brava!

Jack
>a failed viral marketer with an ugly wife and children with terrible names ('myson packard?'). he knows he's the least popular cast member and desperately tries to fit in by making fun of reddit on stream

Mike
>an over-the-hill "director" weighed down by his talentless friends. only makes "ironically bad" videos because they're immune to criticism. his latest production 'Space Cop' will expose him as a fraud and be a spiritual and economic disaster. he will eventually go the route of orson welles, balloon up to 500 pounds and die at the ripe age of 50.

Jesse
>the curdling definition of a parasite. ditters on her phone while the men do all the hard work. got caught buying jewelry with actual Patreon money.

Jay
>the only cast member showing any self-improvement or growth. still has a long way to go, but has already outgrown RLM.

I like how Reddit Letter Media is a company founded upon criticism, insulting and berating others and their works, but HEAVEN FORBID that anyone criticize them! They'll even ban you from their stream if they catch a whiff of dissatisfaction. It's amazing how creatively lazy the group has become. They were better when they were a starving group. Now they can sit on their fat asses, drink beer and make fart jokes while you throw money at the screen. Amazing.
>>
>>86279670
>split across 3 people
What about Jack, Josh etc
>>
>>86283905
They do it for free.
Jack only gets Pre-Rec bux
>>
>Hey everyone, we're getting back to Half in the Bag! We're currently editing the next episode.

Hey look faggot, they heard you
>>
New HITB soon
>>
>>86279670
Stop counting others people's money.
>>
>>86285309
>>86285105
lol you faggots actually give RLM your money?
>>
>>86285352
Not them, but I do, $15 a month.
>>
>>86285352
You don't?
>>
With Half in the Bag, they've basically ignored half of the summer, including several major films. Unless they do a big catch-up video, I think it's pretty disappointing. While RLM doesn't dictate what movies I do and don't watch, I'm still curious to hear their thoughts When they're not retarded

I'm not complaining about their release schedule for vids in general btw.
>>
>>86279285
Redlettermedia has always been shit and people are just now realizing that. Wake up sheeple.
>>
File: IMG_0027.jpg (60KB, 625x468px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0027.jpg
60KB, 625x468px
>>86285501
>>
>>86285688
Still our guys.
You can't pick your family.
>>
>>86285537
What movie came out that's worth talking about except for Dunkirk?
>>
>>86285826
That's true anon.
>>
>>86285537
>Unless they do a big catch-up video

You mean like they do every fucking year?
>>
>>86285975
I should've put emphasis on big. And those videos usually highlight out of the way or niche films Mike and Jay have seen, not major tentpole releases.
>>
What HitB's do you think we'll get for the rest of the year, not counting the catch up?

>Next week
Atomic Blonde and Annabelle 2
>mid-September
It and Mother
>early October
Blade Runner
>late October
The Snowman and Leatherface
>early November
Thor 3
>late November
Justice League
>mid December
Star Wars
>>
They still have another Best of the Worst they shot with the Canadians they haven't put up yet.
>>
>>86279285
>Last HitB a month and a half ago
This is your only valid point.
>>
>>86279285
Is jay bauman gay?
>>
>>86279285
Relax, they're making Space Cop
>>
>>86287612
Only after a couple beers.
>>
>>86288542
Lol i know that feel i wonder if he is a sub
>>
>>86279285
They are probably on fucking vacation for the month. They are way more productive than 90% of youtube reviewers. Give them a break. Also, $19,000 isn't much considering it's likely being split at least 4 ways (Mike, Jay, and Rich all get paid full time, their friends do it part time and likely add up to one paycheck). Mike likely only makes $100k a year max, which while good isn't crazy money.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.