[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else sick of this video essay trend that's taken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: alanmoore.png (98KB, 308x231px) Image search: [Google]
alanmoore.png
98KB, 308x231px
Is anyone else sick of this video essay trend that's taken over YouTube? It was cool at first when Every Frame A Painting started, but now everywhere you go there are copycat channels. They all talk in the same really annoying self-important voice too with dramatic pauses between every word.
>>
Channel Criswell > EFAP
>>
No, Jason.

Most people go outside in the summer.
>>
Gotta do something with that Graduate Film Degree
>>
>>86263422
>Every Frame a Painting
>Good

It's garbage, and the worst of offender of the shit you're describing. There are good "video essay" channels about film out there, and I'm glad. Obviously plebs and normies with EFAP's dick jammed up their asses aren't going to know or care about those, though.
>>
>>86263422
Fucking this. And they always use little pretentious pauses to break apart sentences.
>>
>>86263422
just dont go on youtube my guy
>>
>>86263422
>OP no longer amazed by film deconstruction
>OP cant replicate business model
>only option left is to whine about it
>>
>>86263422
No because I don't have to watch any of those videos.
>>
>>86263422
The bubble will burst soon, just endure it for 10 more minutes.
>>
>>86263692
>OP needs help to wipe his own ass
>>
>>86263422
I'm sick of "video debates" where people try to abuse jewtube's monetization by posting 4 hour long debates where literally nothing happens.
>>
>>86263919
>try to watch YouTube on mobile
>ten minute video
>ads every 30 seconds

I'll never make that mistake again.
>>
File: 1410262479448.webm (539KB, 276x327px) Image search: [Google]
1410262479448.webm
539KB, 276x327px
>>86263692
>>86263755
I think he's more annoyed by over-saturation, not film anal, sis.
Which is a healthy reaction, because it's just beaten by Let's Plays.

My favorite is the quickly rising trend: Super serious 60 - 120 minute reviews of video games, where the script was written with a thesaurus tab open and no concept of blending essay writing with natural speech, so you have little idea of the whiteboy college dropout is trying to say.
>>
File: file.png (786KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
786KB, 1000x750px
>Holding EveryFrameAPainting as the standard
>Pretending it was the spreader or even worse the originator
>Thinking it is good/worth watching
>>
At least he doesn't...pause...three times during the same sentence for the illusion of...insight and...emphasis
>>
>>86263462
Is that why you stay inside and stalk me cloister
>>
File: 1479868784385.jpg (35KB, 499x383px) Image search: [Google]
1479868784385.jpg
35KB, 499x383px
>FILM REVIEW/ANALYSIS
>guy spends 10 minutes reading a summary of the plot
>no analysis anywhere
>"anyway, now that i've provided nothing useful for people who have seen and it spoiled the whole film for people who haven't, i recommend you guys check it out it's a great movie. like comment subscribe"
>>
>>86265543
>This movie had good/bad cinematography.
>>
>>86263438
this

Criswell is S Tier analyst
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.