[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didnt Tyrion just have Bronn fight for him in second tri

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 8

File: tyrion-game-of-thrones.png (3MB, 1911x1433px) Image search: [Google]
tyrion-game-of-thrones.png
3MB, 1911x1433px
Why didnt Tyrion just have Bronn fight for him in second trial by combat with the mountain instead of some mexican fucking shit youve never seen fight before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Uq8O5ZhUA&t=19s

Also this is my favorite game of thrones scene
>>
I think Bronn said he wouldn't.He's a fucking sellsword he won't die for Tyrion.
>>
>>86239312
>le ebbic edgy smart dwarf
kys
>>
>>86239382
He offered to do it once
>>
bronn got a better offer from cersei and didn't want to fight the mountain
>>
>>86239382
Yup. Literally an entire scene. He walks in with a fancy cloak and says cerci got him a wife.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31SZUZLsLaM
>>
>>86239433
>Fighting some old and honorable Vale knight is the same as fighting the fucking mountain
>>
>>86240254
Bronn would have used the same strategy Oberyn used just without the autism
>>
>>86240344
just because some video game guy has +20 dexterity doesn't mean he's going to risk getting cut in half for nothing
>>
>>86240118
Weird I dont even remember this scene
>>
>>86240344
In addition to the scene where Tyrion does ask Bronn and is rebuffed, Oberyn's weapon of choice helped, as he was able to maintain some distance.
>>
>>86239312
>mexican

Not only the actor is both of Palestinean and Spanish heritage but also french, the guy lived more time in france than in fucking chile. But also Oberyn is one of the best fighters in the planet, aside from from Prime Jaime and Selmy i can't thing of anyone on westeros that could beat the guy if Oberyn doesnt fuck up.
>>
>>86240344
>Bronn would have used the same strategy Oberyn used

Not that well, Oberyn was pretty much Batman, training all over the world including the gladiator pits and shit.
>>
you can tell george r martin wrote that scene because it features a well-liked character (shay) revealing herself to be a cunt out the desperation to survive.

hope to see something like that this season.
>>
File: Timon.jpg (60KB, 579x709px) Image search: [Google]
Timon.jpg
60KB, 579x709px
>fight the mountain and probably die for a dwarf hated by his family who won't have a single dime after he gets out of prison and will probably be suffering from murder attempts, which may also happen to you since you saved said dwarf

or

>not fight the mountain, live on and serve an actual rich and free to live Lannister
>>
Why does Bronn keep bitching about gold and castles in the show when he is already rich from serving the Lannisters?
>>
>>86241307
>soldiers
>rich

The only rich in war are thieves and soon to be former nobles
>>
>>86241307
He was told he'd get a castle many times by many people.
>>
>>86240848
>pedro pascal is of Palestinian heritage

source?
>>
>>86241418
he did get a castle, with that lolly stokeworth woman as his wife

so why is he bitching about not getting a castle?
>>
>>86241935
That was revoked, Jaime promised him a better castle and a better bride.
>>
>>86241935
Except that castle goes to her sister when their father die. He wants his own castle.
>>
>>86241935
Cersei schemed to get Lollys married off to someone else, I think to prevent a friend of Tyrion's from gaining any more influence. Or Jaime did to get him to come along to save Myrcella, I forget which.
>>
>>86239312
>mexican
wuuut
I want /pol/ to leave.
back to your cuck shed
>>
>>86241477
He's not, Arabs just have so little culture they tend to appropriate it from others.
WE WAZ ALGEBRAZ, etc
>>
>>86242473

i know you're just meme-ing but

>arabs have little culture

anon.. i..
>>
>>86242540
Well it's not 0, but yeah, they are backwards people obsessed with appropriating the achievements of others.
>>
>>86239312
Bronn outright said he wouldn't fight. Watch the show you mouth breather.
>>
>>86239382

Yeah, but he'd die for Jaime.
>>
File: -(.jpg (53KB, 468x548px) Image search: [Google]
-(.jpg
53KB, 468x548px
>>86239312
Did you even watch the fucking episode?
>>
>>86242540
yes they have a rich culture and history of fucking children and goats
>>
>>86240344
Oberyn used a spear tinged with poison, Bronn uses a sword.
>>
>>86241935
>>86242030
>tfw no lolli gf

Also that scene where Bronn was talking about arranging "an accident" for his future wife's older sister who was a total bitch is hysterical.
>>
File: o-VIPER-MOUNTAIN-GOT-570.jpg (40KB, 570x379px) Image search: [Google]
o-VIPER-MOUNTAIN-GOT-570.jpg
40KB, 570x379px
>>86240118
>I'd be a bloody fool if he didn't frighten me. He's freakish big and freakish strong, and quicker than you'd expect for a man of that size. Maybe I could take him, dance around until he's so tired of hacking at me, he dropped his sword. Get him off his feet somehow. But one misstep...and I'm dead.

Does Bronn have visions of the future too?
>>
File: palis.jpg (107KB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
palis.jpg
107KB, 400x285px
>>86242473
No you idiot. He is from Chile.

12% of the country are part catholic arabs, pedro is one of them. I have no idea if he is palestinean, we call all the arabs "Turks".
>>
>>86244862
>12%
Chilean here, this guy is retarded
>>
>>86240344
Oberyn had been training to kill the Mountain specifically for 20 fucking years
Even if Bronn was willing to do it, Oberyn would still have been the better choice
>>
>>86242473
>WE WAZ ALGEBRAZ,
except algebra is Indian
>>
>>86246330

>PART
>>
Remember how Robb Stark desperately wanted to fight the Mountain?

What was up with that? Was he retarded or was he really that good a fighter?
>>
>>86246937
You had the benefit of doubt until that
>>
>>86247091
I think thats kind of what everyone in westeros compares strength too.

Like "Holy shit that guy is strong as fuck I bet he could beat the mountain"
>>
>>86247091
Robb's a Tully, of course he's retarded
>>
>>86247091
When was that? All I remember is he didn't even want to fight Jaime
>>
>>86248028
the tullys are the finest house in the entire 7 kingdoms. they are based.
>>
>>86248112
Reminder that Cat, Lysa and Edmure ruined everything
>>
>>86248149
>cat

strong mother who unfortunately had a stubborn husband who had to go down south and ruin everything

>lysa
ok fine. one tully is shit.

>edmure

based man who was unlucky.
>>
>>86248188
>Conveniently forgetting that Cat fucking released Jaime
>>
>>86241307
He was promised a castle and a pretty wife but got a crappy 6 wife who was a gold digger.

And he doesn't even have said that 6 waiting for him anymore, as Jamie made him dump her to go with him to Dorne, with promises to speed up getting him his castle and a 10 for a wife.
>>
File: 1488341560067.jpg (19KB, 250x298px) Image search: [Google]
1488341560067.jpg
19KB, 250x298px
>>86241029
>well-liked character
>>
>>86248226
I honestly don't remember her reasoning for that.
>"I fucking hate you and consider you to be incredibly dishonorable but I'm going to release you in the hope that when you get the King's Landing you'll send my daughters home to me."
>>
>>86242874
Oberyn was messing around and the poison doesn't change anything
>>
>>86239312
He literally asked him to. Bronn refused. Stop baiting you shit.
>>
>>86247091

Because the mountain was a monster that terrorized villages and slaughtered innocents.

Robb was a great tactician and would have routed the mountain in battle. It doesn't matter how strong you are when there are a thousand men surrounding you with spears.
>>
>>86240344
Oberyn would have wrecked Bronn in 5 fucking secs if they fought. Bronn is just your above average swordsman while the Viper was famous all around the world for how deadly he was. There's no comparison to be made.
>>
>>86240344
this
>>
>>86247091
Robb never wanted to fight the Mountain personally. He wanted to lure him into the Westerlands so his army could ambush and kill him.
>>
>>86248973
Bronn isn't even 1/3 as quick as this guy... he'd get wreck by gregor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVuou-H9M4w#t=1m56s
>>
File: 1487995443061.jpg (7KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1487995443061.jpg
7KB, 225x224px
>>86249064
This. How did that retard get so many replies? Do people even watch the show? No wonder D&D are dumbing this down so much.
>>
>>86248927
It was more the fact that Oberyn had developed his fighting style precisely to take on the Mountain ever since Elia died
>>
>>86242647

Jamie pays more
>>
>>86249103
>posts something completely unrelated
>>
>>86249119
It was b8 newfriend
>>
>>86239312
>>86239433
Because Bronn wasn't sure he could win, so he declined. He's a knight now with money, and Cersi also promised to marry him off to some rich family.

Bronn fought some human-sized knight obsessed with honor. And he was a dirt poor sellsword at the time.

Also the Mexican was the only one who was willing to fight the Mountain.

Do you even watch the show?
>>
>>86243997

No he's just a realist. He knew who Tyrion was the first time and what the Lannisters could offer if he won against the Vale knight. He also knew who who the Mountain was and how dangerous he was to fight. He's not risking his life for Tyrion against someone like the Mountain, you know the guy who could cut men in half and plated out in basically tank armor.
>>
>>86248149
Cat made like two bad decisions and both times she got suckered by lf.

Most of the time she was actually completely in the right. Robb was a brilliant tactician and if he wasn't such a daddy's boy would have gone on to be probably the finest commander in westerns, and a king. Then you have the blackfish who is just a fucking badass. Hoster was fine. Two bad Tullies does not a bad bloodline make. Hell even demure wasn't completely terrible, he managed a tactical victory over tywin.
>>
>>86248568
>Everyone here is calling for his head, but his family is holding my daughters hostage.
>totally not going to release him because I don't trust him, in irons, with a monster woman
>>
>>86251395
Cat consistently acted stupidly also I can count 3 mistakes at least and thats if we're only counting big ones.

>Arresting littlefinger
>Releasing Jaime
>Trusted in the guest right and the honor of the freys
>>
>>86239312
he asked him and bronn said fuck no to fighting the mountain
>>
>>86251493
That third one cannot be pinned on cat. Nobody was expecting that except for the ones orchestrating it and there weren't really a lot of other choices anyway, which I'm not even sure were cats to make. And the first one was lfs fault orchestrating a war most likely. Can't remember now that I think about it if he was involved in the second, been a while since I've read the books, only seen the show recently.
>>
>>86248568

When she did it Ned and the girls were still alive so her thought was that by releasing Jaime he would go to Kings Landing and convince Cersei to release Ned and her girls so that they could just end everything with a white peace.

They get Jaime. She gets Ned and the girls back. They go back to the North with peace between the Lannisters, Tullys and Starks and leave the South to its own devices.
>>
>>86248897

Rob succumbed to pussy. Some great tactician he was.
>>
>>86246466
its persian/islamic you fucking wreck
>>
>>86251493
You mean Tyrion, but yeah, that was what got Ned wounded and captured. She also left winterfell, and her comatose son, with no capable leadership. Ned wasn't much better with his decisions. He waited to send his daughters away for no good reason, he showed his hand to cersei, he didn't accept renlys help, etc. For high lords, they're both bad at being nobles.
>>
>>86249119

It's the issues that arise when you have a series that's been going on for 6+ years.

The audience gained mass appeal during that time and it went from political intrigue, real stakes, with some killing of primary characters into a soap opera with dragons. All just to keep people tuning in.

Every passing season seems to rewrite the importance of past revelations. It's pretty much "So what if Joffrey wasn't legitimate, doesn't matter." "So what if the queen and your entire religious structure was exploded, doesn't matter." "So what if I'm fucking my brother, doesn't matter."

All these huge stake items that were sure to flip the tables are revealed to not mean shit. It's likely intentional, but it's certainly not handled the same it way it was in the early seasons.
>>
>>86251821

He was when it came to battle. In fact had Edmure done what he was told, Robb would have caught the Mountain and certainly killed him.

His fault lies in the fact that he was a boy who doesn't fully understand politics. So breaking his marriage vows and killing the Karstark guy doomed him.
>>
>>86239312

Because Bronn knew his chances would be slim to fucking none, he uses a longsword while the mountain uses a fucking greatsword, getting in close would be suicide which is why Oberyn used a spear to keep him a distance along with his Dex build

Bronn wasn't going to die for promises of money that might not be delivered
>>
>>86252183
>Bronn wasn't going to die for promises of money that might not be delivered
>Implying Lannisters dont always pay their debts
>>
>>86253191

It wasn't about money. Bronn had decent wealth and prestige from the battle of the blackwater. He wasn't rolling in money but he was well off enough.

Secondly he would have had to fight the mountain. Like he himself said, one mistake and he's dead. He knows his chances of winning are slim so why risk it? Even Tyrion understands Bronn's reasoning for not wanting to fight.
>>
>>86253260
Imagine the fame and riches if he would have won.

Bronn was a pussy
>>
>>86253371
imagine the fame and riches if he died. Now which is more probable?

Bitch you know you would've made the same fucking choice in his case.
>>
>>86253425
Fuck no I would have whooped the Mountains ass and fucked Cersei
>>
>>86242647

He actually likes Jaime though
>>
>>86253509
yeah you would've died
>>
>>86239433
to become rich, which he already is now
>>
>>86251859
No its greek from the levant during the post alexandrian empires
>>
>>86241217
>>86239438
>>86239481

>Go on to fight dragons instead

Is Bronn retarded?
>>
>Train for 20 years all around the world to kill someone
>When he's about to die you pull your dick out and wave it around
>Get your head crushed

Was oberyn, dare I say it, /ourshitposter/
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.