[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did it score so low in reviews? I felt this movie was brilliant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: url.jpg (44KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
44KB, 500x750px
Why did it score so low in reviews? I felt this movie was brilliant but when I looked up it says it scored quite low why is this?
>>
it wasn't a remake of anything

>googles

sorry it wasn't a remake of something anyone remembers
>>
>>86230778
You have even lower standards than most movie critics, and I say that not having seen the film.
>>
they weren't wearing capes
>>
>>86230778
Judging from its box office nobody watched it.
Also the third act is kind of messy but not enough to ruin the overall movie.
It needed more advertising
>>
>>86230815
My mother was a big fan of the original show but even she didn't like the movie.
They also fucked up and translated the movie title differently from the original show title.
>>
>>86230778
Third act is pretty awful but it was pretty entertaining.

I was surprised it flopped so hard considering how well Kingsman did.
>>
>>86230823
Why? How can you say this having not seen the film? Did the trailer put you off or something?
>>
>>86230965
The critics don't like something that you like. This means that there was some inherent quality to this something that was beyond their appreciation due to obtuseness or bias, or your standards are lower than theirs. It's almost always more like the latter than the former.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (130KB, 2080x1170px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
130KB, 2080x1170px
Almost every critic that gave it a negative review was high on "muh style over substance". We need to remember that critics are not super-intelligent, intrepid pioneers that percieve and judge films on a higher level than ordinary people. They are simply people who have been given a platform to echo their opinions through various, dubious means. The Man from Uncle was a great film, masterly crafted and pieced together by Guy Ritchie, brought to life by the charisma and admirable acting of both Cavill and Hammer, and jolted with steroids by Daniel Pemberton.

Critics themselves feel like they have to adhere to specific rules to be considered "proper" critics, and "style over substance" is one of these rules.
>>
>>86230778
Ritchie deservers mad props for making the storming castle scene a short, tight montage.

Best scene in the film.
>>
>>86231174
My favorite scene was when the East German mechanic girl gets drunk on vodka and tackles the Russian breaking all the furniture and then the moment builds up to her falling into a kiss but passes out.
>>
>>86231174
I still wish it had been done normally, but that's the pleb in me talking
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.