[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not even saying we needed the sword duel with Aragorn,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1370002877118.jpg (36KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1370002877118.jpg
36KB, 1024x576px
I'm not even saying we needed the sword duel with Aragorn, but we really could have used a scene like this with Sauron making his precense properly known, and manifesting in some form to instill fear in his enemies.

>inb4 bookfags

This is a movie trilogy. How do you make a 10 hour story where the bad guy gets defeated off-screen?
Cutting it out was a mistake.
>>
>>86209887
he lost his angelic form thought when Numenor sank didn't he?
>>
>>86209887
It was pretty ballsy having a villain that never actually appears on-screen more than the first 10 minutes.
>>
>>86209915
Nerd
>>
Yeah because what RotK really needed was MORE FUCKING ENDINGS
>>
>>86209887
>precense

what's that?
>>
>>86211527
nigger he was literally pasted over by a CGI troll, it wouldn't change the number of endings at all
>>
Yeah but the whole point of the scene and the larger sequence is that Sauron is very very close to coming back but hasn't yet

Having Sauron "show himself" in some form would ruin that effect because it would imply that Sauron has already returned in some capacity

Also Sauron would fucking kill Aragorn in a one on one fight, the only reason Isildur was able to kill Sauron was basically because he got lucky, Elendil got killed in like 2 seconds and he was an 8 foot tall warrior of legend

There would be no point to Sauron manifesting himself other than to say to Aragorn "lol im here btw"
>>
>>86212786
this, plus they explicitly state in the movie that he cannot take physical form
>>
>>86209887
>inb4 bookfags
Nigger he had a physical form in LoTR, he just didn't want to come out to play without the ring.
>>
>>86212786
>There would be no point to Sauron manifesting himself other than to say to Aragorn "lol im here btw"

that's exactly something sauron would do
making his enemies think he's already back to his full power would demoralize them
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.