[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to start watching this. What exactly is so "smart"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: Frasier_Logo.jpg (27KB, 342x291px) Image search: [Google]
Frasier_Logo.jpg
27KB, 342x291px
About to start watching this. What exactly is so "smart" about it?
>>
Eddie
>>
Everybody in the cast is a pedigree actor, and John Mahoney in particular is a legend in Chicago theatre, having performed Pinter at the Steppenwolf. He even has a Tony, which is enormous if you know anything about acting.
>>
Was Niles gay?
>>
>>86209136
It uses a lot of big words and deals with rich white people problems.
>>86209318
His actor was gay, but Niles was just effeminate/metrosexual.
>>
>>86209136
They drank sherry
>>
The witty banter. References to things a bit more high brow than usual, while also making fun of how pompous Frasier is.
>>
>>86209372
I was once called, imagine the impertinence, 'up-tight'
>>
The writing was very sharp. Plus Kelsey Grammar is just awesome.
>>
>>86209136
Prepare to fall in love, anon
>>
>>86209318
Obviously not since he was obsessed with Daphne for some unknown reason (she was sort of an uncouth british slag)
>>
>>86210520
He found the perfect beard.
>>
>>86210520
I thought she was cute in a ditzy way. Until she became a leather-faced turbo cunt anyways.
>>
I like how they mixed witty writing and satire of high culture with low brow humor and a bit of physical comedy. And the actors of course are great
>>
>>86209318
the actor for niles, martin, bulldog and gil chesterton were all gay

>>86209136
the writing is the only way this show is "smart", the shows a true sitcom, and weaves a bunch of freak accidents and coincidences together into a really good story. it isn't smart as in constantly referencing some obscure artist or historical figure or something
>>
>>86211508
>he actor for niles, martin, bulldog and gil chesterton were all gay

I'm 3/4th shocked. Well, half shocked.
>>
>>86209136
It's a restoration-era theatrical farce updated for 1990s television.
>>
>show is called frasier
>frasiers love life is a constant plot point
>in the end hes still single while niles and even fucking 60 year old martin gets married

and fuck roz. she ruined his chance at a relationship with the finance lady and quit her new job to stay as frasiers co-host and threw this huge fit and made ultimatums towards frasier and it was so obvious the show was hinting at some developing sexual tension between roz and frasier and in the next episode they just totally ignore it like it never happened.
>>
>>86209136
It's not especially smart, only people who haven't watched it accuse it of that. It's just well written and acted
>>
>>86211557
You sound like a gays
>>
>>86211653
Those were the dark years of the show. Just awful writing. I watch the show on a live stream and just saw that episode the other day. Had to turn it off during her cunt rage. Totally out of character for her.
>>
Frasier is a God amongst man, everyday he performs sex with copious women while his father sits in his lazyboy with his dog. Hearing his son make love day after day, Daphne hears it too while caring for Frasier's ailing father. He is so good at caring that women just come home with his syrupy smooth voice and shag him all day and night. That is why Frasier is awesome. Frasier is a sex god.
>>
well, frasier, you're so corpulent, when you sit around the massively appointed Tuscan villa, you /sit around/ the massively appointed Tuscan villa
>>
SCOOBA DEE DOO
And some scrambled eeegggssss
>>
They should have showed a full hardcore sex scene between Daphne and Niles.
>>
File: Niles.png (1MB, 1441x847px) Image search: [Google]
Niles.png
1MB, 1441x847px
>>
>>86209216
fpbp
>>
File: david hyde pierce brosnan.jpg (409KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
david hyde pierce brosnan.jpg
409KB, 1280x800px
>>86212477
>>
>>
Just opened the first result on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfVdkhvQX6g

>canned laughter
>obvious humour

It's like 80s Big Bang Theory

fucking terrible
>>
>>86213060
Delete your post bitch
>>
just started to op it's good but i don't have the desire to binge a whole season at once watching a few eps a day on season 1 still
>>
File: 1307301849727.jpg (54KB, 540x538px) Image search: [Google]
1307301849727.jpg
54KB, 540x538px
>>
>>86211653
>she ruined his chance at a relationship with the finance lady
You must be really stupid if you think that ever would have worked out.

Besides they wrote her off without even using Roz because they knew what a stupid relationship it was. Laura Linney's character was as close to perfect as possible for Frasier short of a reunion with Lilith.
>>
>>86213507
That's how you should do it. Sitcoms don't have hugely continuous stories so they're not meant to be watched all in a row. Just relax and get comfy.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.