[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /tv/ dislike when Arya does it but when Oberyn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 31

File: file.png (993KB, 980x551px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
993KB, 980x551px
Why does /tv/ dislike when Arya does it but when Oberyn does it's fine?
>>
HE GETS SMASHED
>>
Ancient Gay Spaniard Kung Fu Secret
>>
>>86208166
He dies like a bitch, whereas Arya will never ever ever lose another fight in the show, unless maybe to a white walker.
>>
>>86208166
/tv/ is mostly fine with the Arya sparring match. It's only a few very vocal autists who constantly get mad about it.
>>
>>86208166
>Guy who spent a life time training and practicing his martial art
>Girl is trained for a month as a little girl

Gee
I can't tell them apart either
>>
>>86208166
The size ratio is smaller between Mountain and Oberon. Arya is a little girl.
>>
>>86208307
speak for yourself, faggot. It was probably the worst scene of the season so far

>lots of corny 'heh' quips from arya
>tiny rapier blocking overhand swings of an ogre of a woman
>shitty jumpcuts constantly

fuck that scene
>>
oberyn is using a huge spear and the mountain even breaks the fucking thing like a twig at one point
>>
>>86208307
no
>>
>>86208166
He was a trained fighter and fought with a spear knowing full well getting close wasn't a good idea

>>86208307
Fuck off retard that shit was awful
>>
>>86208166
like a little duck egg
>>
>>86208166
Well mate, while Oberyn's use of flashy shit can be equated to Arya's fight scene, the truth is that using a spear against an opponent armed with a sword is an excellent choice.

I mean, you never played Fire Emblem?
>>
>>86208166
hmmm maybe because Oberyn trained all of his life and Arya learned all that jumpy nonsence in a year? Maybe because Oberyn was a legendary fucking fighter of Dorne!?
>>
Also Oberyn's spear was coated in extremely painful contact poison that ensured The Mountain was a dead man the moment he got scratched. Probably hard to focus on breaking a guard when you're feeling that shit burn its way up your leg.
>>
>>86208166
Does "it"? What is "it" Anon, use your words you piece of shit.
>>
>>86208307
it feels like kicking the brienne character when she's already down and hasn't done anything for seasons now.
>>
Season 4 is actually the best season
>>
>>86208307
I liked the part where the CGI'd her face on a stunt double when she got up after being knocked down by Brienne. That fat slag couldn't jump up that fast even if someone waved a paki dick in front of her
>>
>Oberyn has enough humanity to save the son of the man who killed his sister
>Ellaria was a full-on crazed bitch who took her vengeance out on innocent children and virtually destroyed the Martells when they stood in her way
but I thought the show was all about muh grrl pwwr slay queens now??
>>
post the webm
>>
Oberyn was the last likeable character. That helped a lot. He had a noble cause, he was the good guy, he was charasmatic, and he was a trained, adult fighter.

He's the only character I've actually liked since Robb Stark.
>>
>>86209788
Why would you like Robb?
>>
>>86209788
>He had a noble cause, he was the good guy, he was charasmatic, and he was a trained, adult fighter.

and knew how to take a dick!

The man was a legend, through and through
>>
>>86209788
Don't forget Pascal could actually act and as such gave a likeability to the character that we hadn't seen in a while.

His whole shtick was that he was very intelligent and cunning, not to mention an almost peerless warrior, but his weakness was his passion and pride that blinded the other grounded qualities he had and which ultimately led to his death.

Really great character.

>>86209645
>Season 4 was actually the last good season
FTFY
>>
>>86208166
oberyn is a world class fighter, arya is a 12yo girl
>>
>>86209816
He's the cool big brother in the first episode
>>
File: Fire Emblem Fates Spread.jpg (150KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Fire Emblem Fates Spread.jpg
150KB, 1200x630px
>>86209090
Mah niggah

>mfw the Fire Emblem series does medieval political intrigue better than Game of Jews and doesn't have to pander by using sex and over the top violence
>>
>>86209816
He was the only competent Stark child, he was (and still is) the only leader and only half way decent actor out of the lot. He was more his father's son than any of the others.
>>
>>86209856
He was being a dick to Theon for absolutely no reason when Theon was trying to help Robb rescue his brother by saying "This is not your House"

>>86210006
Robb's good leadership extended to battlefield and battlefield only. But then he lost the war TWICE by first marrying Chaplin's granddaughter and then executing Karstark.
>>
>>86208307
>this is what redditors actually believe
>>
>>86208599

Meanwhile people who teach sword fighting for a living think it's one of the best fights of the series apart from Arya trying to cut with a blade made for stabbing.
>>
>>86210606
yes 90lbs girl parring brienne's sword with a toothpick is realistic...
>>
File: Destroying the negro.jpg (54KB, 600x470px) Image search: [Google]
Destroying the negro.jpg
54KB, 600x470px
>>86208166
First, because female "fighters" are a fucking joke. Second, because men have twice the speed and strength of women, let alone girls, like Arya, and even a smaller dude like Spanfag could knock out the "mountain" if he connects.

Pic related: guess who wins, and it's not the fat negro.
>>
>>86210663

https://youtu.be/epxdxcy6dYs
>>
>>86208307
Is that what you tell yourself at night?
>>
Because girls are stupid and dumb and I'm so lonely no one will ever love me
>>
>>86210606
>people who teach
then they are shit teachers
you don't block a broadsword with a fleuret, simple as that
>>
Could 2-hand Jaime have killed the Mountain?
>>
>>86211009

Arya gets disarmed for attempting
>>
File: boogey.jpg (129KB, 1281x711px) Image search: [Google]
boogey.jpg
129KB, 1281x711px
>>86208166
Because Oberyn had to cheat using poison to weaken the Mountain and he got BTFO in the end anyway.
>>
>>86210606
>>86208307
>>86210868
>These triggered /v/edditors
Fucking lmao, whiteknighting for hoes on 4chan. You'll never get laid you permavirgin leftist weak pussies LOL
>>
It's just retarded that a teeny girl with a teeny sword can just deflect heavy blows from a big strong woman with a big sword like it's nothing.

If Wolverine were ducking/weaving and doing water dance shit using agility to her advantage, it would be one thing, but it's like she's somehow overpowering Brianne's attacks.
>>
>>86211130

She's just deflecting the force. There's no resistance on the blade perpendicular to the direction of the swing.
>>
>>86208599
>rapier

It's a florete
>>
>>86210006
>competent
>completely fucks over the realm because he had to get his carrot wet
>>
>>86208307
get a load of this retard
>>
Arya is basically god now.
>she wants all her enemies dead, she just snaps fingers and they all die LOL
>she wants to show her subjects she really knows magic she just flips 4kg of steel wielded with 2 hands by a 2m shemale with a 300g stick out of the way
>>
>>86211384
>snaps her fingers

She can change faces, which is extremely useful. Doesn't make her god. Just imagine the things you could do if you could wear any face.
>>
It was a really shitty thing to do, especially after they had built Brianne up as the best fighter of the kingdom, beat loras beat the hound, lose to a girl that does memey back turns and such.
Also Im not sure who but someone has an obsession with flashy quick guys always winning v brute strength it feels really childlike
>>
>>86211425
But surely there must be a downside of doing the change facey thing because otherwise what's stopping everyone joining the faceless then just leaving
>>
File: IMG_0651.jpg (29KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0651.jpg
29KB, 396x382px
Because Oberyn is a legendary fighter with decades of experience and an adult man instead of a little girl who had a month's worth of baby lessons in fencing and went to an assassin school for a while.

By the way, stop making endless got threads because your bait didn't get enough upvotes in the containment thread.
>>
>>86211488

They kill you
>>
>best swordsman in essos
>supernatural assassin school
>stark blood

face it, the butthurt comes from fragile white males who couldn't stand women and minorities can have agency and competence over them
>>
>>86211425
how the fuck can she mimic voice though? She's not T1000
>>
There is a scene I never see referenced in these threads, which is strange because the characters directly discuss speed vs strength.

>Dany and Daario watch a tournament fight, big guy vs manlet
>Daario says "the quick guy always wins"
>Fast speedster looks like he's winning
>Next cut he just stands fucking still while Team Strength decapitates him
>lol they dont always win!!!

That scene is a good representation of D&D's view on fighting tactics. It's so video gamey it hurts. Superior strength doesn't mean you have to hit someone once and kill them really hard, nor does an agile fighter have to make fifty quick cuts before the HP bar is empty. They could have used this scene to show how strength enables you to pound your enemy into the ground with a flurry of hard blows, shattering their guard, or the relentless stamina and speed of a well-trained fighter. Instead it's big slow guy and small quick guy video game logic over and over again in scene after squandered fight scene.
>>
>>86208166
Arya = getting her ass kicked for 2 seasons by the Waif makes her a great sword master

Sansa = getting her ass raped by some Psycho for 2 seasons makes her a great leader
>>
>>86211080
he'd win without it either way
>>
>>86208166
>mountain has his arm already fully extended, can't apply more force without moving forward
>wounded
>is holding the weapon in one hand

>Oberyn can easily apply more force by simply extending his arms
>has firmy planted his legs, allowing him to push harder and be pushed without losing his balance
>is holding his weapon with two hands
>>
>>86211425

>Sneak into The Twins
>Murder two Freys
>Carve enough of their meat off to make some pies
>Take said meat to the kitchan and prepare pies made from it

The first three parts are pretty straightforward, especially if you can change faces and are small and unobtrusive. It's the fourth part where things fall apart. Any kitchen is run by cooks, and you can't just randomly show up with meat and start making pies for the Lord's table, a task that in any kitchen would be in the hands of professionals. Making pastry is enough of a problem in the first place, and then there's the issues of the meat. The cooks are going to be asking what the meat is, where it came from, how fresh it is, and so on. They're not going to let some random kitchen maid do this, which is all Arya's going to be able to be unless she butchers some innocent who works in the Frey's kitchen.

Basically, even if you can change faces, there's a heap of other factors that show up. Her poisoning all the Frey's is another. Where's she get this poison from anyway, and a shitload of it to boot. Why does no-one notice her dragging Walder's body away to have its face carved off? She doesn't have a temple undercroft to do all that like the Faceless Men do. You can handwave some of this stuff, but it does start to stack up, and when it does, the character stops being reasonable. The ridiculous sword-fight was just the icing on the cake. Compare it to Arya vs the Hound and see why people are upset.
>>
>>86212765
She killed the fuck out of a bunch of innocent kitchen boys and probably one or two cooks, yeah.
>>
>>86208599
this is the /pol/ extremist that hates women scenes so much he rates it below Sam / Gilly literally cleaning shit scenes.
>>
>>86211019
Two handed Jaime couldn't even beat Brienne...granted he was hungry and in shambles.
>>
>>86212950
he was handcuffed
>>
>>86211069
After 10 times, sure.
>>
>>86211706
magic n shit
>>
>>86208307
Brienne is either a monster who can take out the hound or she's a lightweight who can be defeated by Quasimodo.

One or the other
>>
>>86208166
...Oberyn didn't do it. That's the entire point.
>>
>>86208166
>a man who has trained his whole life vs a man who's been smashing people to bits his whole life
>a woman who has been training her whole life vs a girl who trained proper swordfighting for a month

It's pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>86208307
>t. give me yous
>>
>>86211425
>wear a chad face
>still have the skinnyfat body
just kill me
>>
>>86212213
D&D contradict themselves all the time.

>Meryn Trant beat Syrio because Trant had armor and a big fucking sword
>20 minutes later
>Shirtless Ramsey with two knives fights off a bunch of Ironborn with armor and longswords
>>
File: 1486484770989.jpg (208KB, 923x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1486484770989.jpg
208KB, 923x1000px
>>86209971
I find it interesting that you use a picture of Fates for that post when the big criticism people have of the 3DS Fire Emblems is that they lessen the political intrigue in favor of... well, waifus. I don't know, I think they're full of shit, I started Awakening a while back and I'm enjoying the story just fine. The music is a lot more memorable than the old ones too.
>>
>>86214141
There's waifus to be sure, but at its core it's still a JRPG in a fantasy Western setting with simple yet elegant core gameplay.
>>
File: arya.jpg (360KB, 786x578px) Image search: [Google]
arya.jpg
360KB, 786x578px
who'd win though?
>>
>>86215853
depends on the angles
>>
>>86215853
>drop sword and just use your body to try and grab her
>ignore all cuts
>>
This story makes no sense. How is The Mountain not the head of a whole house? What would have stopped him and the hound running into say Frey's house and killing all of them and taking that house for himself?

Why was he just a bodyguard?
>>
>>86216027
One guy with a crossbow could end his life even if he was wearing all his armor
>>
Arya is a strong, independent woman, /tv/ aka /pol2.0/ hates women and especially the strong independent ones.
>>
>>86208599
>>lots of corny 'heh' quips from arya
she literally didn't say a word during the sparring match
>>
File: 1495517078417.jpg (35KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1495517078417.jpg
35KB, 554x439px
A grown man parrying with a spear doesn't break my suspension of disbelief where as a little girl parrying with a tiny rapier does.
>>
>>86210606
[citation needed]
>>
>>86216027
>What would have stopped him and the hound running into say Frey's house and killing all of them and taking that house for himself?
the point of being the head of the house is having some fucking people to rule over, who would not desert a tyrannical sadist with negative IQ
>>
>>86216125
>dragons
>multiple people brought back from the dead
>dark magic

but you draw the line on the combat realism?
>>
>>86216166

Yes. Just because you add fantastical elements doesn't mean all rules go out the window. Unless they established that she got super strength she's still just a little girl with a tiny rapier.
>>
>>86216206
They establish that she was trained both by a master sword fighter and the faceless men of Braavos.
>>
>>86209772
>"we don't hurt little girls in Dorne"-Oberyn
>"let's honor Oberyn by killing a little girl"-Ellario

BRAVO DABID
>>
>>86208166
>Oberyn
he cheated using poison

that's not fine
>>
>>86216245
Oh and that's why she blocks the overhead swing with a longsword from a very strong person with her tiny smallsword, thanks I see now.
>>
>>86216245

So they should have choreographed it in a way that shows that. Rather than Brienne mindlessly swings her sword and stops it before it really connects with Arya's sword. then Arya spins it around and points it a bit at Brienne who's 6 foot something in full plate armour, ohhhh wow you got her. Arya should have dodged every single sword swing because it can't not look retarded having her stop Brienne's swords with that fucking needle.
>>
>>86216343
>>86216353

She can literally change shape, face and size. I'd say that isn't that far out there. Unless of course you have a bad cause of autism.
>>
File: 1453993904246.jpg (47KB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
1453993904246.jpg
47KB, 852x854px
>>86208302
We still have no idea what Needle is capable of after we saw it had shock absorbing tech built in to withstand Brienne the brutes 2 handed swings bounce of Arya's sword/spike and not even stagger Arya or make her mis-step,Needle probably has some fire enchant to destroy whitewalkers.
the only thing that somehow worked was the big boot to the chest and send her flying? Arya is going to die in a really dumb way.
>>
>>86208166
Because Oberyn trained his whole life.
Arya was cleaning corpses for 2 seasons
>>
>>86216380

It was badly choreographed anyway it didn't look like she was some master swords woman it just looked like Brienne turned into a retard. She should have dodged like 5 quick blows and then put the dagger to her neck to end it and then walked away.
>>
>>86210084
executing karstark was the right thing to do
>>
>>86216434
and say "nothing persenel kid"?
>>
>>86216395
hehe I like this lil lamb
he got TUDE
>>
>>86216511

That's literally what they were going for they might as well do it good.
>>
>>86216027
This irks me as well. Slaughter machines should get fed up of being henchmen and just seize the power for themselves, securing their place in nobility through brute force. Bobby B was a good example of this, The Mountain and Hound should've done the same.
>>
>>86216027

He is the head of a house, he has a keep and lands.
>>
>>86208166
>ctrl f muscle mass
>0 hits
Oberyn has the requisite muscle mass to twirl his spear and affect Gregor's strikes, Oryo has anime mass
>>
>>86208166
>hurr I am an assassin look how I fight
You know, if I were an assassin I wouldn't go around showing off like that. You are supposed to be underestimated.
>>
oberyn is a 45 year old veteran lance expert
arya is a child that washed bodies for 3 years
>>
>>86216783
he's not tho, he's a spearfighter like everyone else in his homeland, only he's a prince with access to the best training and the interest and acumen to study pharma in gurm college
>>
>>86208166
>oberyn has trained his entire life for combat like this. He is a showman and his life is fighting and fucking.

>arya trained for a couple of years on/off, always failed in her training, comes back to winterfell and beats "one of the best fighters in wrsteros" who "even bested the hound in combat"
>>
>>86216807
i chuckled from your mortician internship at the local morgue to prepare for the national fencing tournament analogy very much
>>
>>86216783
lol what does it matter he was world famous anyway.
>>
Oberyn was such a world class fighter that his daughters were considered good fighters by name alone. Not only that but he used a spear against a heavily armored guy wielding a sword, which is smart.

Arya had a fucking stick which defied physics by "parrying" giant ass sword swings.
>>
because it was a decent fight and oberyn was established as skilled fighter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Nhf--o0XM
>>
File: 1343298137331.png (2MB, 2587x934px) Image search: [Google]
1343298137331.png
2MB, 2587x934px
>>86216807
Oberyn's job would've been easier with a glaive/guan dao
>>
>>86210796
How does anyone watch this? He's obviously very knowledgable but fucking hell that shit tier production quality.
>>
>>86216956
like the one his brother's bodyguard wields, and his brother refers to as an axe. oberyn won't be able to do this pushkick move with a stiffer dao though, it barely has any force behind as it is using the inflexible haft of that western spear

https://youtu.be/QS2IYyywZMs?t=175
>>
>>86217140
cause its mostly just talking, you dont even have to watch it you can just listen to it
>>
>>86216826
>>86216907
Talking about Arya. Oberin wasn't an assassin.
>>
>>86217231
Again who cares, it's not like she's ever going to look like Arya when she kills someone.
>>
>>86217329
you don't get it, he's not fucking defending Arya

jesus christ
>>
Now, I'm pretty sure I have watched every episode of this show and I also have quite a good memory but, can someone point me out in which scene(s) was it established that Arya became a Master Swordsman?
>>
>>86208166
Misogyny.
>>
>>86217329
>*kills cersei*
>"say Arya, were you not an assassin who wanted to kill her? Also been hearing stories about a bunch of people poisoned in a castle, people say she took out a mask after everyone was dead and said something about the north and the starks. What do you think?"
>>
Arya as a character is a disaster. Every other character has to carefully use their given talents to achieve their goals and compensate their shortcomings. Tyrion has to use his intelligence, Cersei has to think of elaborate intrigues and so on. They all have weaknesses and make mistakes. Arya on the other hand suddenly has literal superpowers and can beat anyone. She doesn't outsmart her enemies, she isn't more experienced, she isn't using the flaws of her enemies to beat them. She is just better.
Lord Frey was a character that had been built up for several seasons and Arya just goes there and kills him.
Brienne who was shown to be a powerful fighter gets beaten by Arya for no particular reason.
The worst thing is that there is no character developement at all. She is just a smug little girl, there is nothing to her at all.
>>
>>86217144
A different actor might be able to do so
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WisE4TB36Mo
sword vs glaive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3NbZBINbvQ
spear vs glaive
>>
>>86208166
/tv/ likes bisexual brown men
>>
>>86216166
You have no idea what low-fantasy means do you
>>
>>86217862
but you know what autism means very well, you struggle with it everyday
>>
>>86208166

Because It makes more sense for a man at his athletic peak to parry mountains sword with a spear he is two handing than a little girl to parry and block Brienne's sword with a undersized rapier she is holding with 1 hand.
>>
>>86217673
>Brienne who was shown to be a powerful fighter gets beaten by Arya

they were sparring, idiot
>>
>>86208166
Oberyn is a grown fucking man using an appropriate weapon with decades of elite fighting experience you moron.
>>
>>86209712
You have passion, so I'll give you the (((you))) you deserve
>>
>>86208166
Because Oberyn wanted to show of and had spent 3/4 of his life training and fighting. He had 3 links of a maester's chain and even formed his own fucking sellsword company in Essos.

Arya spent a few days washing floors and getting beaten up, she never even fucking used the sword until she left the house of black and white, where did she learn to spin her sword like a fucking idiot like that?

Also, Brienne isn't as slow as the mountain. Sure, he's stronger but Brienne is very good with a sword and shield and wouldn't scream and try to fucking kill the 10 year old she had sworn to protect, even naming her sword "Oathkeeper" in honor of her and Jaime's oath to Cat to keep Arya and Sansa safe
>>
>>86217777
gotta recognize quad sevens, only septuple sevens is a luckier integer. i liked the second clip's observance that the guan dao derives its power from halfmoon, slashing motions and becomes a liability in cramped quarters whereas the linear point attack of basic spear excels in it.
>>
>>86210084
>executing Karstark

This is one is hard, the best thing to do was probably to have him as a hostage to secure the karstark forces then pardoning him or letting him take the black.

Ned executed people for treason, so he took after his father
>>
>>86218036
>naming her sword "Oathkeeper" in honor of her and Jaime's oath to Cat to keep Arya and Sansa safe

Jesus Christ, it gets more retarded the more you think about it. Every single person in this show is so out-of-character it's becoming laughable.
>>
>>86210795
grrm likes strong female characters, Brienne is one of the only true knights in the entire story while not even being a knight. She values honor and chivalry and protects the weak even when she knows she will probably lose.

She goes head-on with Biter and some of the brave companions to protect Gendry and the other kids at the inn she is refused a room in.

She is the one that makes Jaime into the best character in the entire series, he admires her because she is everything he used to aspire to be
>>
>>86208166
Because I want to fuck Oberyn.
Arya's scenes on the other hand are hard to suffer through.
>>
File: 1234512314432.png (422KB, 770x572px) Image search: [Google]
1234512314432.png
422KB, 770x572px
>>86218078
like this?
>>
>>86214042
She can't take the hound, the hound was with a infected wound pretty much dying. And more important she didn't even try to kill Arya.

You are an absolute autist.
>>
>>86218209

Pretty sure Jaime named it Oathkeeper
>>
>>86208166
oberyn was shit, arya is even worse cause shes a little girl so its even more unrealistic
>>86208307
take the (you) fucking pleb
>>
>>86217920
It doesn't matter, the autism of this idiots doesn't let them understand that.
>>
>>86218375
>oberyn was shit

Fuck you, oberyn was great, the only problem with the character is how little he lasted in the series, in the book is perfect, but if d&d wanted to forget about the dorne storyline and change so much shit they could had given oberyn another dead.
>>
>>86209712
kek
>>
>>86218337
that's weeb physics tho, anyone with a dark smirk can bend spears and gravity and shit around his weeb spearforcefielded body
>>
>>86216166
Yes because the people are still people and physics still apply to them
>>
>>86218209
i like how jaime is supposedly all le honorable good guy when he still threw a kid out of a fucking window for no reason
>>
>>86217777
Are their heads fucking CGI implanted onto their bodies?
>>
File: (you).png (326KB, 728x346px) Image search: [Google]
(you).png
326KB, 728x346px
>>86208307
>>
>>86215997
she has a rapier she cant cut
>>
File: fuck.jpg (31KB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
31KB, 659x609px
>>86219000
>trips of autism
>>
>>86219018
>she has a rapier she cant cut
stupid stupid words
>>
>>86219018
??????
>>
>>86219000
trips of truth
>>
File: IMG_3053.jpg (591KB, 1684x1118px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3053.jpg
591KB, 1684x1118px
>all these triggered fucks
Let them all burn, join the real hero side
>>
>>86208166
Oberyn was a man in his thirties who has spent decades learning to fight. Arya is a thirteen year old girl who's only formal weapons training is afternoon sessions with a fencer, six years ago
>>
>books
>Oberyn wears armor and a helm
>even has a shield
>uses the shield and the sun to defeat the mountain

>show
>kung fu shit
>>
>>86210606
>Meanwhile people who teach sword fighting for a living think it's one of the best fights of the series apart from Arya trying to cut with a blade made for stabbing.
Any sword fight where one of the opponents spins their sword is instantly dumb and unrealistic.
>>
>>86208302
>He dies like a bitch
DELETE THIS
>>
>>86219818
>>86220555
needles blade is triangular it doesnt have a cutting edge
>>
>tfw after all this time
>it still hurts to watch
He was a good lad.
>>
>>86210606

>teach sword fighting
>2017
>not some neckbeard LARPer who just blows his welfare bucks on repro swords at renaissance fairs every month
>>
>>86208166
Because Oberyn got rekt by being a flamboyant faggot in combat, and Arya will never be defeated because Mary Sue powers.
>>
>>86221313
Oberyn got rekt by being a retard.
Being a flamboyant faggot was what put the Mountain in the ground, defenseless.
>>
>>86209788
>not Bronn, The Hound, or Jaime /ourguy/ Lannister
It's like we didn't even watch the same show
>>
>>86221313
Arya will kill the mountain before killing cersei...
>>
File: 1464446080702.jpg (38KB, 377x377px) Image search: [Google]
1464446080702.jpg
38KB, 377x377px
>>86210820
Well done, lad.
>>
>>86216616

Just imagine being one of the servant girls that the Mountain rapes with his massive cock
>>
>A tiny girl can deflect a big fucking sword from a giant woman who beat me with a tiny mini sword.
>>
After a certain point size gives severe diminishing returns and before that exponential returns. Oberyn isn't that small either.
>>
>>86221523
Man being violated and treated like livestock is my greatest fetish.
Whenever the Mountain was on screen being a sick cunt I got hard thinking about being a poor girl working at a Riverlands inn, when suddenly one day Ser Gregor comes in, eats three whole chickens and then strips me off my dress and fucks me silly on the table while my father watches and stutters "W-will you have another chicken, milord?", with the rest of his men laughing at him for being such a cuck.
After making me impossibly loose all his men take a turn, before decapitating me and my father and burning the whole inn.

Shit i'm hard now.
>>
File: 1491842557451.png (29KB, 313x245px) Image search: [Google]
1491842557451.png
29KB, 313x245px
>>86220668
>allies: pepto bismol
always makes me grin
>>
>>86214122

duhh, Ramsay was apprenticed to Karl Tanner at the famous L'école gin-ruelle d'escrime
>>
>>86212213
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj8yq_urL5c#t=2m59s
This?
Speed+Skill vs Strength
>>
>>86216166
>but you draw the line on the combat realism?

The story itself sets the standards for belief, and the GoT world has set the standard that the men and women in the story share the same strengths and weaknesses as they do in our world, so when they pull the stupid "stronk womyn" shit, it looks dumb as fuck, because women are weak as fuck in the real world and would get wrecked by even most beta pussy men, let alone real dudes that aren't pussies and know how to fight.

In the real world, a 15 year old boy on any given high school JV wrestling team could make Rhonda Rousey his bitch....
>>
>>86221787
This is almost exactly what happens in the second book. Mountain fucks the shit out of some underage girl in an inn.
>>
>>86214122
don't forget dogs. i still find myself laughing when remembering that scene, it was probably shot in an hour, all the choreography budget went to higher profile actors or more important battles and the only direction probably went 'Okay Ramsay, I need you to look menacing. Give em the ol crazy eyes, yeah that's the sweet stuff. Now the rest of you lot flee because menaced. Sound, I want to hear dog barks here and here. Okay that's wrap, let's get back to the hotel''
>>
So why are the faceless men leaving Arya alone? Didn't she run?
>>
>>86216027
>>86216578

The show doesn't show it but Westeros has over two hundred rulling houses. if one of them got overtaken by a bunch of thuggish retards, the others would gang up on them to make an example of them, so that no one else would get that idea.
>>
>>86221147
you're confusing a rapier with an estoc
>>
>>86222840
Yeah it was oddly specific but I didn't remember if I read on the books or in a random doujin.
>>
>>86223291
Leaks said fan favorite Jaqen will return and act as her Col. Campbell giving her missions.
>>
>>86222468
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taQ_Wl7VO3I
1v3 male vs female
>>
>>86222468
But Brienne is a woman too
>>
>>86208166
>Why does /tv/ dislike when Arya does it but when Oberyn does it's fine?

>An spear is the same than a rapier.
>The muscle structure is the same in a grown man than in a little girl.
>>
He's an adult with a real weapon. Arya is a child with a sword made for a small child. There is nothing special about her sword, just that it was made small.
>>
>>86223866
Why? She the whole point of the house of black and white and the faceless men was lost on her.
She tells the kindly jaquen she's Arya Stark of Winterfell after she completely botched her first assassination, and killed her tutor.
>>
>>86224374
>rapier.
not even a rapier, just a tiny sword
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-CgXTNCNPU&t=510s
>>
>>86220822
I hate how they never use shields in most fantasy shows. I get that it doesn't look as flashy, but properly choreographed shield use looks awesome and grounds the fight in my opinion. Not to mention they are incredible effective offensive weapons when used right.
>>
>>86216166
SJW argument. Having fantasy elements doesn't mean all realism goes out the window.
>>
>>86224326

HAHAHAHAHAHA

There's some "equality" for you right there. 3 bitches can't even bring down 1 man.

What's sad is that here in the states, that guy would have been shot by those bitches, as dumb fuck feminists would rather see people get shot by weak bitches instead of hiring strong men that can actually detain a dude like that.

Fuck feminism, and the beta males that support it.
>>
>>86224367
Right.

A "woman" that the show established was able to hang with Jaimie Lannister, that faggot knight, and the Hound...which was also stupid.

And yet even her "stronk womyn" superpowers are helpless against the godlike "stronk womyn" superpowers of midget Arya Stark and her firepoker of a weapon.

It's just dumb.
>>
>>86224593
>>86224679
Fuck you're autistic.
>>
>>86208166
One is a man famed for his fighting prowess and speed, his spear actually breaks following the laws of physics and then when he gets cocky the large guy overpowers and kills him.

The other is some alcohol fetal syndrome gnome with a stick for a sword that can magically beat some enormous turbodyke with a huge sword.
>>
>>86224457
If this was the mafia/tier one sof and their ace hitman went awol, that man would be tagged kill-on-sight for fear of leaking trade secrets. but this is dnd we're talking, she's back in the family stark, the head of the family and arya's king won't allow her to be lost again, especially not off murdering heavily guarded royals in a time of war. so enter the one non-Stark outsider character who the audience associate with her death cult days to remove her from her Stark setting and put her into the road of plot action again. Not that i approve of any of this shit, i'm just using the rules of screen storytelling to tell you how it could make internal sense.
>>
>>86224717
>autistic

You don't even what the fuck that means. You're just parroting the same shit other retards have been spewing.
>>
>>86224762
Shoo down you autist.
>>
File: you...,....jpg (101KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
you...,....jpg
101KB, 2048x1024px
>>86224785
Just keep parroting the same shit, over and over, retard.
>>
>>86224506
>>
I wanna see unGregor mess someone up already
>>
>>86210796
Thin short swords can deflect bastard swords without being broken/chipped? You learn something new everyday I guess.
>>
>>86225064
I still don't think that's possible. A two handed swing with 4lbs of steel should at least bend that toothpick on a direct impact maybe even knock it out of her hand. Anyone whos ever tried to block a two handed swing even with a shield will tell you that the impact alone knocks you around quite a bit.
>>
>>86224878
Had completely forgotten that fight. Though rewatching it he hardly uses the shield at all that fight.

Maybe its just me, but the sword fighting in the early seasons wasn't very good. Feels like they didn't have a lot of time to practice before filming.
>>
>>86211206
Is not a florete, is arguable if it is a rapier or a estoque, but florete is not.
>>
>>86208307
Helllllo reddit
>>
>>86225188
I thought so too but the guy in the video says the short sword being steel is enough to deflect it. I googled his name and he is who he says he is (medieval arms historian/instructor) so I believe him.
>>
>>86208307
*teleports behind you*
OI NAWTHIN PAWSONELL YA FAT CUNT
>>
>>86225405
Deflecting is fine, like the swatting motion in the 2nd part of the fight, that makes sense. But she is parrying and even blocking direct hits which is simply not possible with a weapon of that size and one hand especially swings that come from a much stronger opponent using both hands. At least not without Aryas weapon suffering a lot of damage or even losing the grip on it.
>>
>>86224981
He smashed some fag's head against a wall, then ripped a other fag's head clean off with his bare hands, which was cool as fuck.

I think we'll be underwhelmed when he actually uses his sword, because I envision basically how he was in the Mountain/Viper fight, but he will just take more punishment without reacting, before BTFOing whoever he fights, or getting BTFO'd.
>>
>>86217920

They clearly make the "ok, it's serious now" cliched face halfway through the fight.

It's just fucking terrible all around.

>monk style dodging we've never actually seen her get taught and is a terrible thing to use in a blade fight
>clashing swords when she's using a tiny fencing sword vs a huge longsword by a huge foe in armor, it would snap like a twig using it like that
>not even trying to use a fencing style with that sword
>using sharpened weapons in a sparring fight to begin with
>>
>>86210606
>standing in front of opponent with sword held behind your back.
>>
>>86211425
I still fucking miffed that the Faceless Men just let Arya leave with their magic/abilities
she killed the assassin girl and Jaqen just let her walk away like she passed some secret test
>>
>>86225531

Valyrian steel blade weighing several kilos welded by someone over 6ft with plate armor to aid her momentum vs an extremely thin sword made from standard steel welded by a little girl. As you say, either the sword would break or it'd go flying out of her hands.

It really bugs me that they cared so little about the choreographing that they couldn't at least make her use her sword properly if they were intent on doing a shiity "look how badass they are" moment.
>>
>>86226055
wasn't she using an training sword?
>>
>>86210796
Holy shit.

/tv/ BTFO.

Turns out you can beat a bastard sword with a small sword.

Dex > Str
>>
>>86226055
Brienne used a blunted training sword in that fight.
Like others have said I'll take the word of someone who teaches this stuff over my own ideas.

Story wise I don't get why they did that fight except to have an action beat in the episode. Arya is trained as an assassin, not some insane Braavosi fencer.

But guess they want to show Arya being super awesome at fighting so it makes more sense when she uses the dagger to slaughter loads of white walkers or something.
>>
>>86222840
Can you screenshot all of it?This thread is useless otherwise.
>>
>>86208166
1. Aryas weapon is totally inapropriate for the fighting style she employed
2. It was implied the fight was very close or even that she was better, when in reality her weapon, unlike Oberyns, is incapabable of causing any damage to Briennes armor
3. Oberyn is shown actually taking advantage of his range advantage and not allowing Gregor to fight the way he wanted
4. Arya makes no effort to limit Briennes range of attack, which is crucial when fighting a weapon with greater reach
5. Oberyn died, which is what would happen if Arya were to actually duel Brienne to the death
>>
>>86208166
For me the main difference is that Oberyn is never shown to be overpowering Gregor because that would be stupid. Meanwhile Arya is straight up parrying Brienne with her much smaller sword when in reality the first time she tried that Brienne would knock the sword out of her hand and the fight would be over
>>
>>86226513
THEY WERE PARRYING

it wasnt a real fight and brienne NEVER tried to hurt Arya and didnt knew how good arya was.

Arya isnt a great fighter, is a competent one, she is a great magical assassin, not a fighter and you guys should not be triggered by a friendly training. The only moment brienne was semi serious she kicked Arya, Remember how she fight the wounded hound? If she was serious she would had trown away her wooden sword and just punched arya.
>>
File: 1502325749167.jpg (50KB, 562x702px) Image search: [Google]
1502325749167.jpg
50KB, 562x702px
>>86226304

>Can you screenshot a book
>>
File: sansa.png (331KB, 837x430px) Image search: [Google]
sansa.png
331KB, 837x430px
>I'm strong and independent now, I don't need you and I never want to see you again, Littlefinger!
>3 days later
>AAAAH SAVE ME LORD BAELISH
>battle is over
>jon: you're the reason we won, sansa
>>
>>86226196

The video above has a positive tone but it's actually pretty critical of the style used by Arya it doesn't out and out say it but it heavily implies in a real fight it would be near impossible for her to kill someone with her blade like that.

Also doesn't address the stupid monk dodging, the strength differences and a couple of times where she does a full on parry of a two handed longsword blow.
>>
>>86210795
I also heard than on average women perform less than men even if it's not always the case. I remember hearing about those two female tennis players saying that could beat any man and then got btfo'd by some dude.
Also early UFC was the fucking shit man. Matches with a huge size difference like your pic there was cool.
>>
Brienne is a likable character. It sucks to see her bested this way.
>>
>>86208166
Because Oberyn is a grown man who we assume has had years of training and battle experience. Arya is a dwarf girl who has only ever fought another dwarf girl.
>>
>>86226304
Different guy here, but it essentially happens exactly like that in the hook. Mountain and his men are at an inn, they're drinking and eating, the innkeeper's daughter is serving. They keep grabbing her and shit, he objects, then the Mountain basically smacks him around, throws him a penny, fucks the girl on a table, then gives her to his men while the innkeeper cowers in a corner. Can't remember if they kill them before they leave or not, but that's pretty much how shit is in the riverlands from about halfway through book 1 onwards. Even at the end of book 5, you've got Biter leading a pack of outlaws, wearing the Hound's helmet and just fucking shit up.
>>
>>86208307
Physics aside, just the way the sparring match ended with the little mutual smile, wink and nod was vomit inducing. It was like a cheesy scene from Top Gun.
>>
>>86226688
I fully agree on that point. From a story point and how she was fighting it would have made more sense if she picked up Pods training sword.

I just like that the choreography has gotten a bit better. At least some positive things that have gotten better in the later seasons.
>>
>>86225064
>>86225188
>>86226055
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFRxZod-iI0
Rapier, not a smallsword, but it gets the point across.
>>
>>86208166

She's an uber womlet
>>
>>86208166
What really bothers me about the sparring scene is that Sansa and LF stop mid-walk-and-talk to watch Arya and Brienne have a conversation.
>>
>>86210606
Those who cannot do, teach
>>
>>86208166
Because Oberyn has a spear and muscles, Arya has a fucking toothpick and "muh angles".

Oberyn is an agile fighter while Arya is just a lame sort of ninja.

Arya storyline went to shit in braavos, they fucked up the progression of the character with lazy writing.
>>
>>86224367
Yea but Brienne is a big gal (for me).
>>
Anyone else kinda bothered about the Dothraki as well?

They're meant to be an irresistible fighting force? They use a short weapon and have a loose as fuck formation.

They charged down a bottleneck with a water on one side limiting their manouverability. if they charged into a wall of shields and spears, they'd get decimated. Cavalry charges are for flanking and mopping up retreating troops. The first few horsemen would have their sickles clatter uselessly against shields, they horse would get killed, then all the horses being it would slow or even rear up (horses really hate unsure footing). without any momentum, they're shit and would get picked off by spears and bows.
>>
>>86221388
Stop spamming /ourguy/ in every fucking thread. You're not even being subtle about your newfaggotry
>>
>>86216546
that's a cat
>>
>>86214042
the unjust act of killing the true king has sapped her strength
>>
>>86209971
>Fire Emblem does better political intrigue
You BETTER not being talking about Fates or I'll fucking kill you. Fates was the WORST story known to man. Conquest was a complete lie.
>>
>>86226925
Now skip to 7:30 and you get a better idea of how that fight would actually go. Never said it would snap Aryas toothpick, which is about half as wide/thick as the rapier used in this demonstration, but that it would get bent, chipped and/or knocked out of her hand if tried to block or parry any direct blows - especially those coming from an opponent with roughly twice as much muscle mass using both hands. By the way, that clip only shows them holding the blade straight out and not in a defensive position which means that much of the inertia is lost.
>>
>>86216027
Jesus Christ how do you even exist
>>
File: rapier.png (225KB, 851x316px) Image search: [Google]
rapier.png
225KB, 851x316px
>>
>>86227666

The full parries in the fight were against the mid section so this implies it would probably have fucked up the sword.
>>
>>86226693
God, shut up, if you don't know is shit just shut up. We all know that, but why cite the Williams and the battle of the sexes if you clearly don't know shit.
Women are inferior on a physical level, thats a fact, but you are clearly as dumb as any woman, probably using something you read on /pol/ or /r9k/ as an argument.
>>
>>86227797
Not necessarily... After all she was using a wooden sword and Arya wasnt trying to block but to deflect. It the training sword was from soft wood it absorbs part of the hit, and more importantly she wasn't trying to hurt Arya, it wasn't a real fight.
>>
Oberyn was a grown man and renowned for his skill as a warrior, and he defeated (at first, anyway) Clegane by intelligently using a poisoned weapon with a long reach in a large, open space where he could use his speed to outmaneuver the Mountain and stay away from him.

Arya is a 13 year old girl who's like 5 feet tall and weighs maybe 90 pounds. Her extensive fighting training consists of like two months with Syrio Forel and a year pretending to be a hobo who sells clams for a living.
>>
>>86228148

Probably reasonable to assume the training sword has a similar weight to the steel blade (otherwise it'd be shit for training). It wouldn't break the blade like steel could but it could seriously bend it.

There's also the fact that the wood will be softer, it'll transfer more of the force when doing a direct parry rather than reflecting/redirecting it.

The big problem with the fight (aside from the behind the back shit) is when the two handed style starts, you see two full on parries. There's just no way the blade or the wielder could take that.
>>
>>86227070
I've not read the leaks, but I hope that they have a fight where they charge recklessly like they did that fight into a prepared army without a dragon into a wall of pikes.
>>
>>86229355

>another battle literally won by a cavalry charge

We haven't actually seen a large battle (that was actually contested) that wasn't won by a cavalry charge in the entire series have we?
>>
>>86229462
When you mention it you're probably right. They've gone the very cinematic hollywood route of "CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE" and having everyone just bum rush each other.

Overall the use of shields, spears/pikes and archer volleys have always been rather lacking in the bigger battles.

Though it would make for a rather epic moment having Jamie do the whole "Hold, hold..." as the horde charges them. But that is probably just wishful thinking on my end.
>>
>>86208166
>Implying I liked it when Oberyn did it
I dislike the idea of dex fighters in general, but at least Oberyn parried and dodged with a weapon that gives him leverage, Arya used a toothpick to parry a greatsword.
>>
>86229462
The vale is the best calvary and the best knights in westeros, the dothraki are the second best warriors in essos. It was fine
>>
>>86208166
He used poison and prepared for years.

Needle also isn't an acceptable weapon, I'm guessing. Brienne still has the sword Jaime gave her, right?
>>
>>86208166
>Oberyn is considered one of the best fighters of his people, has been hardened in combat for years, fought with great skill, died anyway
>Arya spent a few seasons sweeping floors and poisoning a dude, suddenly becomes a swordfighting expert, to the point where she can embarrass someone with significantly more experience in a sparring match, while smirking about her poorly written superiority
>>
>>86211524
>telling someone to go back to redit
>using correct grammar and punctuation
???
>>
>>86229999
Wouldn't stormlanders be the best martial knights since they're always feuding with Dorne and thus have more field experience? I originally would have said northern knights from winterfell, dreadfort, bear island and the last hearth would be the most battle hardened from freefolk raids but the Dorne knights would be overall superior opponents than the less disciplined freefolk.
>>
>>86229612

Kinda wish we'd see a film that refers to this at some point where someone sees their most powerful units get slaughtered because of them using idealised tactics like that..

The strength of cavalry is that they're moving. You use them to hit exposed points or quickly run in, break a formation and withdraw again. This was especially important for the large periods in history when army infantry primarily used long weapons like spears and pikes.

When you're bogged down in the middle of a troop formation, barely moving, you're on a completely vulnerable, scared horse that can easily be killed, dooming you when it falls to the ground on top of you.
>>
>>86208166
Oberyn almost never collided with The Mountain, and spent almost the entire fight dodging and deflecting blows that would be lethal. He tripped the Mountain and got in a few minor pokes, and it was very clear that he was intentionally pissing The Mountain off in order get him to make poor decisions, which he capitalized on multiple times. At the end, The Mountain simply played dead and took advantage of a tiny gap in Oberyn's momentum and crushed his skull for it. These were two extremely well-trained veterans battling for life and death, one of which was a volatile maniac, and the other was a tempered and level-headed spear master. The fight showed both of their abilities at their heights, and told the tale of both characters, with The Mountain clearly having been the more potent of the two at the end of the day.

Arya is a noble who spent time scrubbing floors and assassinating people. The issue I (and many others) have is that she isn't a trained fighter, she's a seasoned killer. As in, ending a life, not battling with one. We've seen her use poison, fight untrained bandits two times, and receive literally zero actual education from The Hound, and The Hound didn't fight in a manner even vaguely similar to her. Brienne, however, has been fending off bounty hunters and battling against innumerable threats for years, and somehow she was outsmarted by a poison-carrying runt using a rapier she hasn't had adequate time to practice with?
>>
>>86230302
I believed the same but I was listening to the got lore extras and the part about the vale indicates they are the best, so that's the Canon for the show, I agree with your logic tho, but d&d are weird
>>
>>86225531

SHE WAS DISARMED AFTER A BOTCHED PARRY
>>
Arya = Jaqen Hakar
>>
>>86208166
Just accept it. No movie or show the kikes make will ever have realistic sword fights.
>>
>>86230348
Remember I watched some documentary years and years ago about Alexander the Great and how he used his cavalry to overcome insurmountable odds. Think it was a discovery channel thing where they used Rome Total War for simulated footage.

Though I understand from a VFX and cinematic perspective that it makes way more sense to have horses charge in then be basically removed from battle.
Though I was really impressed seeing the behind the scenes of the wagon train battle how they handled horses with live fire.

Shame the 5 main actors 5 doubled their per episode salary for S7-8 or we might have gotten way more of that.
>>
I can only assume Brienne is weak.

Show Loras Tyrell was literally a weak beta faggot, Jaime was tied and starved for weeks, the Hound had a very nasty infection and was tired af.

Arya shouldn't be going toe-to-toe with even 50% of the Hound.
>>
>>86227797
Yes. That was the point of the image. Especially since Needle is laughable thin and small, which btw isn't a good idea when you're already at an reach disadvantage.
>>
>>86230901
>I can only assume Brienne is weak.
yeah shes just some fat dyke
>>
>>86230817
>Though I understand from a VFX and cinematic perspective that it makes way more sense to have horses charge in then be basically removed from battle.

This often happened in the middle ages and well into the modern era. Cavalry would often charge once, then become too disordered to rally and charge again. They would often run to loot the baggage train or the enemy camp.

One of the reasons that Cromwell won the English civil wars was that his cavalry stayed on the field unopposed as the other guys ran off.
>>
>>86230983

It's not thin, it has a triangle cross section. It's a very stiff blade.
>>
>>86227502
>By the way, that clip only shows them holding the blade straight out and not in a defensive position which means that much of the inertia is lost.
Explain yourself.
>>
>>86230901
>Jaime was tied and starved for weeks
iirc, in the books, even cuffed, exhausted, sickly and malnourished from months of imprisonment, Jaime nearly beats Brienne before they're captured by Vargo Hoat's men

>Brienne remembered her fight with Jaime Lannister in the woods. It had been all that she could do to keep his blade at bay. He was weak from his imprisonment, and chained at the wrists. No knight in the Seven Kingdoms could have stood against him at his full strength, with no chains to hamper him.

The show is shit, as usual, and depicts her as beating him easily when he's probably the best fighter in Westeros.
>>
>>86231115

So many battles won purely through discipline.

The final battle of Bouddica was probably the biggest example. Romans were outnumbered between 15-20:1 and won an overwhelming victory with very few losses.

The romans maintained an extremely tight formation with a shield wall and slowly advanced forward. The loose mob of British forces suffered very heavy initial losses, panicked and got trapped between the advancing romans and their own camp
>>
>>86209788
But he was a homosexual. That's why I think he deserved to die.
>>
>>86231152
You seem quite knowledgable. Do you think Needle would be poorly balanced with such a small crossguard?
>>
>>86208307
I don't care because Brianne wasn't about to go 100% against a child she swore to protect.
>>
>>86210796

>guy criticizes the entire fight
>doesn't even remotely praise it
>same as best fights of the series

ok
>>
>>86230445
>with The Mountain clearly having been the more potent of the two at the end of the day.
The Mountain got outplayed mate.
He only won because Oberyn wanted him to confess before dying.
DEX>STR
Sorry it's true.
>>
>>86211223
This, Robb was a fucking idiot.
>>
>>86231444
She doesn't have to go 100%. Even at 1%, the laws of physics should still apply.
>>
>>86231436
>You seem quite knowledgable

I'm not.

>>86231461

The fights are mostly bad if you're looking for realism.
>>
>>86216289
Yeah but thats why nobody likes the sand snakes. Even normies
>>
>>86230769
Every time she tries to parry or block a direct blow it should've either knocked her off balance or the weapon out of her hand. Not just when it's convenient for dramatic reasons. If the writers had any sense they would have let Arya dance around Brienne poking her and dodging swings and end the scene with Briennes experience allowing her to notice the pattern, anticipate the next move, knock her down(like they did with the kick) and then end in the stalemate.
>>
>>86209788
It was a good performance from the start. You could tell by the way he walked that he was agile.
>>
>>86231629
>The fights are mostly bad if you're looking for realism.
Nah, that's fair, but the better ones at least LOOK cool, and play into the overall narrative a little bit. The oby-v-mountain fight or the tower-of-dualwielding thing are good examples. I'll take theatricality over realism if it actually delivers.
>>
>>86217541
>OI you. This is the Iron Throne's special investigations unit. You were the only survivor of the Frey massacre. Care to explain?
> Yes, a little girl who masked herself as Walder Frey poisoned and said she was the last wolf of House Stark.
Wow case cracked, she was so hard indentify
>>
>>86231250
In a defensive stance you're suppose to keep the incoming blow from hitting you by either parrying(directing the blow away from you), deflecting(combination of dodging and parrying) or blocking(trying to stop the swing). In the video you can see that they didn't do any of that which means that most of the force hitting the blade just dissipates and the incoming swing isn't stopped at all.
>>
>>86231614
You are now being retarded.
>>
>>86231924
Inertia is lost in comparison to what? A real fight?
>>
File: 1453870747118.png (65KB, 380x264px) Image search: [Google]
1453870747118.png
65KB, 380x264px
>>86214141

I think the reason Fate's story gets shit on in particular is that it has most of the of the basics of a good FE story in place, but ultimately falls flat on its face in the final product. The creators went through the effort of designing cool characters, back stories, and a setting complete with a general idea of the plot, which could've easily ridden off the GoT success alongside the intrigue of the older games in the series. But it's like they ran out of time when it came to finally put it all the pieces together for a single narrative.

Not really surprising that that ended up being the case. Three separate "paths," a player-made MC as the central focus in all of them, dozens and dozens of characters split between each one. All ontop of everything else that goes on in making a game.

Potential for a good story is there. But it's unfortunately unrealized, and we're left with generic filler in its stead. And it sticks out like a sore thumb in midst of all the assets that did get a lot of effort and talent poured into.
>>
>>86232255
Of course. Which is why that video only shows that a rapier style weapon doesn't break easily in blade on blade combat.
>>
>>86232338
In real fights you don't swing your weapon full force throwing your body into it like they're doing there. In addition you don't block with your weapon perpendicular to theirs, taking the entire blow to your wrist, surely knocking it back into your own face. The guard is there for a reason.
That rapier is taking far more of a beating than it would in an actual fight.
>>
oberyn is the only character that didn't deserve to die
>>
>>86232598
My point still stands tho, Arya could've never parried Briennes blows, especially not using her toothpick of a weapon.
>>
>>86208166
Because Oberyn is a fully grown man who has been training for combat his entire adult life while Arya is a 15 year old girl who hasn't been in a sword fight since season 1
>>
>>86232765
She was hit with a stick for a few weeks so she's basically on the same level as The Mountain physically.
>>
Is it worth watching now?

I watched to season 2 then dropped it and read the books.

It's not become clear the kike commie bastard retard author won't actually finish it. Is the tv series on a proper schedule?
>>
>>86232917
what a strange way to get fit
>>
>>86227111
No it's not you fucking idiot
>>
>>86208307
>being this autistic

>>86208166
Because Arya is a 12 year old British mongrel, while Oberyn is a fully grown prince with decades of combat experience with and against the greatest fighters in all of Westeros, not to mention the fact that hes a Westerosi Usain Bolt combined with Conor McGregor.
>>
File: Dominion.png (44KB, 354x445px) Image search: [Google]
Dominion.png
44KB, 354x445px
>>86232311
The biggest issue is that there's extremely little reason for the MC to be the centerpiece. Most especially since we already have excessive amounts of characters who have reasons to revere/hate/like/etc. each other. Not to mention that the customization options are absolutely pathetic, and the resources used on them could have simply been spent on improving the plot focus. Just imagine how much better the plot would be if Conquest was about Nohr's invasion of Hoshido and how the ever-increasing bloodshed started driving their own allies away and it culminated in the final remaining enemies of the plot being simply the last of the Hoshidan royal line, any and all Nohrian turncoats, a huge bulk of the Nohrians who cannot abide by the genocidal slaughter the war has turned into, and random nearby villagers or other helpful hands who wanted to do what they could to support the effort against you, rather than Dark Demon God Takumi who is SUPER pissed that he knew that Robin was a traitor all along. Imagine how much better sieging Nohr as Hoshido would be if you eventually uncovered that they were being led by an avatar of Anankos and that in your attempts at convincing them that the king was actually a dark god, most Nohrians just ignored your words as superstitious bullshit, but a few become curious, and rather than join you, they (unfortunately unsuccessfully) do what they can to reveal the truth or sabotage Anankos' elements, ultimately culminating in the Hoshidans fighting the dragon in the capital, who is harried by every Nohrian's efforts to protect their own kingdom by damaging the dark god who was poisoning them from within. The pieces are all there, but the emphasis on dealing with some faggot self-insert forced them to bend it around them instead of the warring kingdoms, and it's made even worse when the MC's character is absolutely terrible in every single route.
>>
>I CRUSHED HER HEAD LIKE THAT
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
What was he thinking at that moment?
>>
>>86234026
"AAA SAVE ME DORAN"
>>
>>86234026
"It was at this moment I realized I made a terrible mistake"
>>
>>86208166
beacaue arya looks like a fucking humonculous
>>
>>86208236
>Spaniard
He's Chilean you imbecile
>>
>>86235133
Dorne is based on Spain though.
Chile has no culture to speak of, other than being obnoxious cunts.
>>
>>86235173
Also even though they speak spanish nobody understands what they're trying to say.
>>
>>86208166
Oberyn is using two hands, while the mountain is using one.
Also a spear is a lot bigger than needle.
>>
>>86218948
>for no reason
You are a special kind of retard.
>>
>>86235370
Still annoyed that he didn't use that massive 6ft+ tall shield he is described using in the books.

One of the things that made the Mountain so deadly. Armor that is thicker and heavier than basically anyone else, the reach of a massive greatsword in 1 hand + a enormous shield in the other. He was a fucking walking tank.
>>
File: ohgodmemes.jpg (93KB, 536x640px) Image search: [Google]
ohgodmemes.jpg
93KB, 536x640px
>>86234026
ah shucks, my eyes!
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 400x300px
I miss the aesthetics of season one.
>>
>>86236197
that looks dumb as fuck lmao
just look at the top of his head
like holy fuck
hahahahahaha
>>
File: 1493992727330.jpg (69KB, 685x842px) Image search: [Google]
1493992727330.jpg
69KB, 685x842px
>>86208307
Wrong.
>>
File: Speed vs strength.jpg (41KB, 320x593px) Image search: [Google]
Speed vs strength.jpg
41KB, 320x593px
>>86231523
>This fantasy show proves pic related
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.