[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone catch this today? What did you like, what could have been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: shin-godzilla-668x1024[1].jpg (67KB, 668x1024px) Image search: [Google]
shin-godzilla-668x1024[1].jpg
67KB, 668x1024px
Anyone catch this today? What did you like, what could have been done better? I'm surprised no one was laughing in the theatre at the Engrish.
>>
>>86194459
Americans won't laugh if it's not a quip with a laughtrack inserted. At best they'll clap, but you need Old Glories for that.
>>
File: ruh roh.webm (587KB, 518x454px) Image search: [Google]
ruh roh.webm
587KB, 518x454px
>>
The whole theater I was in was laughing at the beginning. I didn't think it was funny at all. Dumb Americans.
>>
My theatre only laughed at the appropiate moments. Like the soggy noodles or meeting with the biologists. I'm glad, usually mexican audiences are more retarded and annoying.
>>
>>86195217
>b-b-but Americans!!!

I saw this in theaters with Americans. It went fine.
>>
>>86195505
I thought the googly eyes were goofy but I suppose that's because we aren't supposed to see Godzilla as a threat yet.
>>
>>86194459
Canary Wharf Cineworld?

Yeah I saw it. What a gigantic piece of shit.

Constant subtitling of every fucking person in every fucking shot, of every individual room in every fucking building, of every military vehicle like it was done by an otaku with a military fetish.

No real characters, no real relationships so I barely gave shit about the main characters. Dumb dialogue, dumb characters, I mean, I get the bureaucracy angle it was going for but the prime minister was just retarded and they hammered the message over the entire movie.

Should've been called Godzilla : Exposition dump.

And Japan is STILL salty about WW2 and takes potshots at the US, it's like they forgot the US is keeping them afloat while being surrounded by pissed off asian neighbours.
>>
wait, why would people be laughing? what am i missing?
>>
>>86196322
Cos it was stupid.
>>
File: gerringer gojira.jpg (19KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
gerringer gojira.jpg
19KB, 900x900px
>today

What do you all mean by this?? Is it out wide somewheres? A cursory Google search says Ireland?

It's excellent anyway, one of the strongest remakes i can think of. Just like the first the political metaphor has never felt more vital.
>>
>>86196396
It was in cineworld today across the UK.

It was a terrible movie. Directed by Anno which made it even worse.

Everybody in the cinema was disappointed and bored.
>>
I'm American and the people in my theater laughed at the Engrish. Not full-blown laughter but people were amused. It was mostly funny because (IIRC) she was supposed to be American-born but couldn't speak English. If she was just a Japanese person speaking English it wouldn't have been as funny.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
>>86195217
I laughed my ass off as soon a godzookie came out of the water with his googly eyes it set off a chain reaction of other nerds laughing. I do love the movie but fuck I could not help but laugh at this.
>>
>>86196916
Please tell me why this holds a 68% metacritic score despite being immensely boring.

And why are the nips still lamenting about the nukes dropped on them.
>>
>>86195217
Man I fucking wish. When I saw it in Seattle the audience would just laugh at everything.
>>
Surprised there weren't more nerd types, pretty normie looking audience except for a fat guy in a trench coat.
>>
>>86197063
So you saw me mate ;)
>>
>>86197085
Bald guy with a very particular laugh?
>>
>>86195941
The subtitling was pretty awful especially when it was alternating between top and bottom to avoid all the clutter. I didn't pay attention to any of the characters names because I figured on pretty early it would play up the faceless bureaucrat thing. I thought it was quite self aware with Japan's antpeople culture being slow and ineffective. I saw the potshots as more a commentary on Japanese being backward looking instead of having a destiny/self-determination. They did subvert expectations with the comedy agriculture PM actually handling it without stressing.
>>
>>86196998
>why is another ethnicity still whinging about the wrongs whitey caused

You know the current year right?
>>
>>86197354
You mean wrongs that nips caused. China, Korea and whole host of other asian nations wouldn't should a tear if Japan fell into the sea.
>>
Best Godzilla movie since the original. The atomic breath scene was amazingly done.
>>
>>86196509
This video is kind of bullshit, I could have sworn there was a direct line of dialogue from EVA and the orange panels were a pretty obvious reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r_p1mJQPCw
>>86196805
She needed two sets of subtitles, I understood half of what she said.
>>
File: 1491025227163.jpg (285KB, 700x1808px) Image search: [Google]
1491025227163.jpg
285KB, 700x1808px
>>86197354
>still whinging about the wrongs whitey caused
It was about looking inward this time, to Japanese autonomy, nuclear tech included, and what that might mean these many years later, rather than looking to place blame on America or anywhere else.
>>
I liked it despite its many flaws.

Nice to see a godzilla film made for the same reason as original
>>
>>86197466
*shed
>>
File: 1489023878428.jpg (191KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
1489023878428.jpg
191KB, 640x633px
>yfw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72a7F1SF8Vk
>>
>>86197063
>recognise the same 3 people who keep coming to jap films/anime
>>
>>86194459
>shin godzilla
>shin
>shinji
>shinji godzilla
Pathetic.
>>
>>86198369
I thought was an attempt to shit on godzilla 2014.

Slant-eyes don't mind the royalty checks that come in from that though.
>>
File: pepe godzilla.jpg (431KB, 1144x2154px) Image search: [Google]
pepe godzilla.jpg
431KB, 1144x2154px
>>86198410
let's pretend that didn't happen, and hope the new godzilla has a fucking dank scene with a song it in
>>
>>86198541
There's another one coming out?
>>
>>86198747
Nah. I just haven't seen the current one.
>>
>>86198972
Well, it's shite except for the engrish "american" girl and the charming googlyzilla.
>>
>>86199077
Oh are they kawaii enough to make you forget that it's a meme movie?
>>
>>86199220
Not really, it's pretty much a slog since godzilla appears for about 20 minutes total and the rest is "satire" on bureaucracy.
>>
>>86194459
Amazing. Love the music as well, Anno is a mad man.

>>86195941
Hideaki Anno is an otaku with a military fetish.

>>86196509
Pleb. Seemed like people enjoyed it at the cinema I went to. My friends and I loved it.
>>
>>86199336
>Hideaki Anno is an otaku with a military fetish.

Figures.

>>86199336
>Pleb. Seemed like people enjoyed it at the cinema I went to. My friends and I loved it.

"Piss poor", "It was pretty boring to be honest" and "I wanted to like it" were sentences I heard as I left my theatre. My friend fell asleep towards the end.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.