[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After 33 days it's still the lowest grossing Spider-Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 7

File: 1498935383879.jpg (211KB, 2048x850px) Image search: [Google]
1498935383879.jpg
211KB, 2048x850px
After 33 days it's still the lowest grossing Spider-Man film ever, it couldn't even beat Amazing Spider-Man 2 yet
>>
After 33 days it's still the best Spider-Man film ever.
>>
>>86188495
It's shit and the box office reflects that you fucking shill
>>
>>86188470
It's made almost $100 million more domestic than ASM2 did
>>
>>86188495
Explain the plot without telling someone to watch to watch previous MCU movies.
>>
>>86188470
Oh wow how unfortunate
>>
>>86188551
A man wants to provide for his family in a rapidly changing world, which causes him to do something morally questionable. This causes Spider-Man to notice the alien-weapons on the streets and he tries to stop him. As the plot escalates, the first guy I mentioned tries to pull of one-last-score.
>>
>>86188551
Vulture is stealing alien technology, spiderman needs to stop him, while gaining the trust of iron man
>>
>>86188470
So fucking retarded. At 33 days in, the others had already opened in China. Homecoming just opened in Japan today and China next month. This is why you can't compare international numbers because different markets all open at different times.
>>
>>86188495
It's not even better than TASM, let alone the Raimi Trilogy.
>>
People are tired of Spider Man already. He was fun in CW, but only for his fights/interactions with the other characters. Any solo Spiderman follows the same boring formula, because it only takes place in NY for some reason.
>>
>>86189338
>It's not even better than TASM
Yes it is
>>
>>86188547
This just proves that Americans are retarded, nothing new
>>
>>86188551
Spiderman juggles between being a high schooler and a superhero

Do you enjoy being narrow minded?
>>
>>86189356
>because it only takes place in NY for some reason.
Homecoming had scenes in Washington D.C.
>>
>>86188619
My point exactly. That is a meaningless and incoherent plot.
>>
>>86189522
>Incoherent
What is confusing about the plot to you?
>>
iron man is just a wizard
>>
>>86189422
when is the jr high reboot coming
>>
>>86188470
>After 33 days
>Amazing Spider Man two was in theatres for 108 days
>>
>>86188495
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>86188619
>A man wants to provide for his family in a rapidly changing world, which causes him to do something morally questionable.
He seems to be perfectly fine with vaporising a colleague, it makes it hard for anyone to sympathise with him and pretend that he's just some nice guy on the inside.

>This causes Spider-Man to notice the alien-weapons on the streets and he tries to stop him.
It's absolutely ridiculous that someone can get away with selling heavy-duty alien weaponry for 10 years without attracting any attention to themselves. Even if he manages to sell them secretly without getting caught, his customers will almost certainly get caught using the weapons.
>>
File: thinking overload.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking overload.gif
458KB, 256x256px
>>86189701
Haha
wait a second
>>
>>86190048
That was an accident. And the world's a hard place.
>>
>>86189422
>juggles between being a high schooler and a superhero

It would be much more interesting if he had to be a college student. I just don't care. He's still living with his aunt, cooking all his food and paying all his bills that's not Spider-Man. That's just some babby version.

I need the Parker fucking up his young adult life, that's what made him so relatable. They always want the kiddy teenage audience and they will love Spider-Man as long as he puts on a costume and starts swinging around. The college stuff is what made ASM a must buy every week.

Read Spider-Man Blue, that's the good shit.
>>
sjw doesnt sell it can only leech off of established shit
>>
>>86188619
My point is that nothing is explained and you have to watch the previous films just to understand what is going on and how it got there. Films and sequels have to stand on their own.

>>86189422
>Do you enjoy being narrow minded?
Oh, the irony.
>>
>>86190048
>selling heavy-duty alien weaponry for 10 years
What timeline are you in? Parker wasn't 5 when avengers happened.
>>
File: DC Fox dominating.png (328KB, 1080x1400px) Image search: [Google]
DC Fox dominating.png
328KB, 1080x1400px
A film featuring the most popular superheroes- Spider-man, Ironman and Captain America, couldn't even beat a ww1 wonder woman this year
>>
>>86190229
No, he was 11.
>>
>>86188470
>Homecoming is the 2nd smallest budget for a spider-man movie
>with inflation in consideration, it literally has the smallest budget of all five movies
>ASM2's production alone was almost 100m more
>its already significantly more profitable than either ASM movie at this point
>analyst say once its released in China in September and Japan next week, it'll likely hit 800m
this board is so desperate to hate this movie that it's obsessed with box office of all things
>>
>>86188495
Imagine being this retarded
>>
>>86190230
Homecoming isn't even on that list you troglodyte
>>
File: 1495850258364.gif (202KB, 220x291px) Image search: [Google]
1495850258364.gif
202KB, 220x291px
Worst of all is that /pol/ feels like they won and it's one of those L's I just have to take.
>>
Audiences simply hate liberal politics and the liberal agenda.

The country is experiencing a hard shift right thats a response to several decades of failed liberal politics. This swing right is going to last for decades. It will only get worse over time.

Eventually Hollywood is going to have to change their tactics. Filling every tv show and movie with hard left propaganda simply doesn't work any more. People hate it and they resent it. The end results are declining profits
>>
>>86190448
Explain Wonder Woman's success then, faggot.
>>
>>86188470
And after 33 days without China it's more successful than both ASM films. What's the point of this thread?
>>
>>86190478
Wonder Woman has a surprisingly conservative message and was even funded by the ultra conservative Koch Brothers
>>
>>86188470
Wow that really looks like a cartoon. I saw people saying "cgiman" but is it that bad in the movie?
>>
They really should have made one of the characters trans. Also why can't Peter be gay? It's 2017 already! The world would accept a gay Spider-Man. It would also be a great way to introduce LGBT ideas to young children.
>>
>>86188470
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4-nwLck_u0
it hasn't opened in china
I do think the movie was pretty boring
>>
>>86188495
No shit. Ignore the fake Spider-Man fans who don't read comic books.
>>
>>86190598
Nice pasta
>>
>>86188470
Noexisting story, the worst villain, no superpower background. Peter was cute and funny and thats about it.
>>
>>86190273
>>>Homecoming is the 2nd smallest budget for a spider-man movie

This is desperate beyond belief. That budget was $175 million by the way.
>>
>>86190612
No that's just a low res image from a trailer. Visuals aren't the end all be all of movies anyways. It looked good for the budget it had.
>>
>>86188495
It's a movie built by slaves.
>>
>>86188470

I skipped a couple of franchises for the first time this summer.

Spiderman and Transformers. They both just seem tired and played out.
>>
>>86190841
And? The budgets for the ASM movies were $230 and $255 million
>>
There's s tedium settting in with all things liberal. Netflix is in 20 Billion dollars debt. The last Star Wars movie made less than half the gross of the previous film. And even with the help of every late night talk show host and all of Hollywood Hillary Clinton still lost the presidency.

It's going to be interesting to see how things work out in the new conservative America
>>
>>86190336
You retard.
>>
>>86190840
>The worst villain
Did you even watch it?
>>
there's a new spiderman movie?
>>
>>86190612
Yeah it is pretty bad.
Think civil war, but on a tv budget.
The sound design for the special effects (web/explosions/impact etc.) is horrendous. It's the BIFF, ZAPF of marvel movies.

I wanted to rewatch the toby maguire ones while watching this.
>>
>>86188470
Makes sense. Previous Spiderman movies made a major profit from fans specifically of Spiderman. As far as comic book characters go, he's one of the most iconic and beloved. Homecoming sacrifices that appeal because it's not a Spiderman movie. It's just a cog in the MCU machine.
>>
>>86189356
Sadly Spiderman, as a superhero, only works in a city filled with skyscrapers. Pretty much has to be NYC or another country. Other big cities in the US only have tall building in the middle and short ones elsewhere. Spiderman in Tulsa just ain't gonna work.
>>
>>86191024
>Previous Spiderman movies made a major profit
If you mean Raimi's films, then that's true
>>
>>86190448

>

Eventually Hollywood is going to have to change their tactics. Filling every tv show and movie with hard left propaganda simply doesn't work any more. People hate it and they resent it. The end results are declining profits

I'm not even remotely a Drumf Drone and I dropped Designated Survivor for this very reason.

For the first half of the season the show was a really great suspense thriller drama but then the show went on hiatus and came back with some lame extended storyline about legislating muh gun control....fucking dropped.
>>
>>86188495
HAHAHA RETARD

>>86188470

And they paid money for bought reviews/bots.

I mean just look at the IMDB rating.

What a fucking joke. Its so ridiculously obvious.
>>
>>86191096
Yeah because his only power is jumping of high buildings and swinging from skyscrapers. Swinging from trees and houses is just not in the cards..
>>
>>86191174

>Eventually Hollywood is going to have to change their tactics. Filling every tv show and movie with hard left propaganda simply doesn't work any more. People hate it and they resent it. The end results are declining profits

Fuck, this was supposed to be greentext.
>>
>>86191184
>IMDB rating: 7.9
Seems pretty standard to me
>>
File: 1501615656151.png (728KB, 696x986px) Image search: [Google]
1501615656151.png
728KB, 696x986px
>>86188470
I've spammed this in every homecoming thus far. I liked every dc and marvel film minus suicide squad, iron man 2 and avengers 2. Absolutetly did not like homecoming and I was hyped for it. The diversity didn't bother me but the shitty plot and atrocious acting (minus Holland and keaton) did. It just wasn't that good of a movie at all.
>>
>>86191219

>MCU Spiderman has no Spidey sense.

Lame
>>
>>86190927
Vulture was legitimately frightening in this.
Keaton really outdid himself
>>
>>86188619
This was one of my biggest gripes. Lets take a villian and make him sympathetic and a family man who's just trying to provide. They made him likeable and not hateable at all.
>>
>>86191347
He does though
>>
>>86191379
>A villain being anything more than your stereotypical evil guy is a bad thing
>>
>>86191096
Peter himself is a new yorker I can't imagine him living anywhere else.
>>
>>86191387

I read a quote from one of the producers somewhere that they left it out for reasons
>>
>>86191219
Tell me how he swings across town when it's a suburbs and strip malls? He'd be Ubering his ass everywhere.
>>
>>86188470
my wife's son love it, and that's all that matters
>>
>>86191431
It was just lazy writing. They should have made him more complex/crazy. The film does a horrible job of making you root against him. "OH NOOO HE SELLS ALIEN WEAPONS!!! WHAT A MONSTER!!"
>>
>>86188619
THE WORLD IS CHANGING
>every marvel movie ever
>>
>>86188551
Lizard apocalypse
>>
>>86191462
It literally shows his Spidey sense in the Infinity War trailer
>>
>>86188495
fpbp
>>
>>86190598
>literally 5 seconds into the film someone is chastised for calling native Americans "Indians"
You should be chastised for still calling them Indians, not because it's racist, but because it's such a lazy low IQ American thing to do.
>>
>>86189251
>Homecoming just opened in Japan today and China next month
But why?
>>
File: avgn laugh.gif (3MB, 190x200px) Image search: [Google]
avgn laugh.gif
3MB, 190x200px
>>86188495
>MCucks
>>
>>86191672

Does he explicitly use it in S.H. though?
>>
>>86190230
Deadpool is the biggest finantial success on that list by far
>>
>>86191700

Not him and havent seen it but that just seems like something so irrelevant to Spiderman so why put it in there?
>>
>>86190598

Who cares if some film doesn't get an ugly looking trophy for not being diverse enough? Do they really think that the public gives a fuck about nonsense like this?
>>
where the torrent at
>>
>>86190554
>rich people invest in what they think will be successful regardless of politics
The only recent picture of Ike Perlmutter is with Donald Trump. He donated a shit ton of money to his campaign.
>>
We're in the beginning of what's going to be a pretty drawn out bout of superhero fatigue. This movie tried everything it could to not cause it but the problem is no one wanted this movie to be made and as such not many went to watch it. And despite it being a capably made film it suffered from MCU syndrome where you can't even remember if you saw the movie a week later so there weren't any repeat viewers or any legs through word of mouth. WW got amazing word of mouth apart from critical acclaim that was a bit OTT if we're honest.

I don't know how Infinity wars will do. In a way it's good that not many people are talking about this so it'll seem that there's been a big enough gap since the last movie. But most probably people have had enough of a franchise that's produced a dozen movies with a grand total of one memorable line (we've got the hulk) and one memorable visual (Iron-man falling from the sky) in a more than a decade. Compare this to big budget action blockbusters of the past Matrix, Die Hard, Speed, Terminator, Jurassic Park, Mission Impossible, Bourne. All have multiple memorable dialogues or a unique visual style or both. Why would people still be excited for anything the MCU puts out when there's so little that actually sticks to you.

Oh and this isn't in any way praise of the DCEU, apart from making the first watchable female superhero movie the franchise is too crappy to even comment on.
>>
File: 1-VZZUxtdJrPBtsQ7zsXNcvQ.png (360KB, 800x786px) Image search: [Google]
1-VZZUxtdJrPBtsQ7zsXNcvQ.png
360KB, 800x786px
>>86188470
Ummm...and????? Batman Begins went through the same thing ( it's the 5th highest grossing batman movie )And it's considered to be one of the best, if not the best Batman movie. It came off the heel of Batman & Robin, so the franchise had to win the audience over AGAIN. And the same thing is happening to Spiderman

Spiderman Homecoming was praised by critics and fans ( just like Batman Begins ) So the real question is will Spiderman Homecoming 2 ( or whatever the title will be ) will it make more money then Homecoming ? And there's not Superhero movie fatigue happening...not even close.
>>
>>86190478
WW doesn't pander at all, stop being retarded.
>>
I really don't get people obsessing over box office grosses and budgets. This is highly boring stuff. They pay people real money to care about such boring things. I just watch movies.
>>
>>86188495
Fpbp
>>
>>86190598
There was no Aunt May speech. That was the entire point of the scene. She doesn't say anything at all and just walks away like nothing was up.

And Flash was not Mexican.

1/10 made me reply.
>>
>>86189356
>>86191096
I think you're both missing the fact that one of the best, most fun aspects of Homecoming was the way it intentionally deviated from this. There's not one scene of Spider-Man in Manhattan. It's all Queens, suburbs, and DC. The fact that he can't operate 100% in these other environments makes for some great visual gags and sends up the character a bit. There's even a nod to him "moon swinging." It was fresh, especially after ASM1&2.

It's possible that you may just be too autistic appreciate movies.
>>
>>86190478
The WW movie attracted a lot of people who were not really interested in super hero movies. They saw it only because it was a FEMALE super hero movie.
>>
>>86190598
You forgot Peter's best friend is asian.
>>
>>86191605
It's not lazy writing. Vulture wasn't a badly written existential threat or moral threat. He was a well written personal threat to the protagonist. He's a compelling villain precisely because he has a non-villainous motivation for what he's doing. Are you 5?
>>
>>86188470
is that from the ps2 game?
>>
>>86188495
Spider-Man 2 > Spider-Man > Spider-Man: Homecoming > Spider-Man 3 > The Amazing Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

SM2 is a masterpiece, SM is great, SPH is good but not very memorable, SP3 is a mess but parts of it are good, TASM is bland, TASM2 is a total trainwreck.
>>86189338
Let's not get carried away, SPH doesn't deserve the insane amount of praise it has gotten and it doesn't come close to topping the first two Raimi films but it's far better than TASM and TASM2.
>>
>>86188470
It hasn't opened in China or Japan yet. It won't top Spider-Man or Spider-Man 3 but there's no doubt it'll make more than The Amazing Spider-Man movies and it might make more than Spider-Man 2.
>>
>>86190598
holy shit is this real?
>>
>>86195432

>It hasn't opened in China or Japan yet.

That's a big problem, it won't even open in China until september 8th (!), and it opens in japan today, these kind of delays are not good for movies since the buzz has died out when people have been talking about it for two months, it's not like in the old days pre-internet.

Also with two+ month delays, piracy becomes a much bigger factor since people get tired of waiting, even a shitty rip TODAY becomes attractive.
>>
>>86195662
I think you're overestimating how much Japan and China keeps up with what's going on in america.
>>
>>86189338
It's most certainly better than TASM.
>>
>>86190478
Are you saying that because Wonder Woman has a female protagonist, it's somehow automatically anti-conservative? Atlas Shrugged has a female protagonist too, you know.
>>
>>86188495
It manages to be even worse than spiderman 3 wich is getting gooder by the days.
>>
>foreign plebs watch plebshit over this

Wow shocking!

It's Sonys 4th highest grossing domestic movie
>>
>>86191730
Live like a windrammer as you fuck

but it is the best spiderman
>>
>>86188470
FAGGOTMAN, FAGGOTMAN, does whatever a faggot can.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.