[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got to season 4 of community, is it weird that the character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: community.jpg (59KB, 590x369px) Image search: [Google]
community.jpg
59KB, 590x369px
I just got to season 4 of community, is it weird that the character I relate to most is also the character I pity most?
>>
it's Abed isn't it
>>
>>86184173
Based Pierce?
>>
>>86184405
>>86184505
it's pierce, especially in season 2 he was so angry at being left out, just like me with my friends
>>
gib annie gf
>>
>>86184769
Loved Pierce. He was by far the best thing of the show. Chevy Chase's comic timing is out of this world.
>>
>>86185288
Chevy didn't think Community was funny apparently, I mean he did at first but as the show got more meta and out there he just didn't understand it.
>>
>>86186753
Was he right?...keep in mind I like the whole of the series but I honestly did think the Season 1 paintball episode was a dream sequence.
>>
>>86186995
Honestly I think it got better, in my opinion season 2 and 3 are all killer. I mean I still like everything else, even season 4, but the meta and homage-y style set it apart from other shows. The beginning of season 1 is okay, but it's a little bland.
>>
>>86187111
I agree, I embraced the other direction it went in(paintball episode)and overall it improved and probably saved the show. I was just caught off guard initially.
>>
File: ghost.png (723KB, 470x1433px) Image search: [Google]
ghost.png
723KB, 470x1433px
Season rankings
2, 1, 3
>power gap

5 never happened.

It was a warm friendly show that relied on cliche and being aware of itself but if you take this too far it becomes fake and depressing. It felt sad and reminiscent of lost days, all in all a great watch but it should have stopped at season 3, anything after feels half arsed.
>>
>>86186753
>I mean he did at first but as the show got more meta and out there he just didn't understand it.

It's more than that. He was angry that they changed his character from "well-meaning guy who says insensitive stuff" to "retarded KKK member".
>>
Pierce was by far my favourite character. When Jeff comes back after Christmas (season 1?) and apologises for being such a cunt, all of the characters are saying 'no worries its fine you were never horrible we love you' and Pierce in the back says

'no problem you're forgiven'

Brilliant!
>>
>>86187811
They turned pierce into an evil guy, he wasn't a funny racist old man, he was just a cunt.
>>
>>86187811
And they made the dean... something, when he was just a sort of quirky effeminate guy at first. The characters had to get a touch more outlandish as the world around them did, Chevy's problem is that he doesn't want to be the butt of the joke. Make no mistake, Chevy is a notorious cunt irl, so him playing one on TV isn't exactly a stretch.
>>
>>86187811
>>86188095
i think he said "next theyll have me call troy a nigger" and people took it out of context and said he was a racist when in actuality he was complaining that his character was a racist.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.