[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to directors who used their position to cause irreparable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: fritzlang.jpg (253KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
fritzlang.jpg
253KB, 940x529px
What happened to directors who used their position to cause irreparable physical and mental trauma to all of the actors, just so they could get the best take possible?
>>
>>86177954
This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFevH5vP32s
>>
>>86177954
What did Fritz Lang do to his actors?
>>
>>86177954
now the studio execs use their position to cause irreparable physical and mental trauma to all of the audience, just so they can get the most money possible.
>>
No need, those tactics were every bit as cruel and soulless as the tactics they employ now but with more suffering (which you find cool because you are an edgy homosex underage b&)
>>
>>86177954
>What happened to directors who used their position to cause irreparable physical and mental trauma to all of the actors, just so they could get the best take possible?

John Landis dropped a helicopter on Vic Morrow and two Vietnamese kids. Suddenly no one thought that directing style was cool anymore.
>>
>>86177988
>more intense
>>
>>86177954
Lars von Trier is still around, and Abdellatif Kechiche (Blue Is the Warmest Color) is apparently an insufferable asshole according to the cast and crew of each of his films
>>
>>86178179
Isn't Lars von Trier the guy who broke Shia LaBeouf? Shia seemed pretty down-to-earth and chill before filming Nymphomania.
>>
>>86177954
>boohoo where are my autist directors who are incapable of actually directing actors to "act" good so they have to mentally break down them in every scene so they are not even acting anymore

Go watch your Jodorowsky raping people on set and you marvel in the authenticity of such work
>>
>weedy kike director tries to "break down" Dwayne Johnson

I'd love to see it desu
>>
>Trank tries to pull this on Fant4stic cast
>Actors just call execs and Trank gets fired before finishing the movie
>>
>>86178240
>Shia seemed pretty down-to-earth and chill before filming Nymphomania.
No. He's always been a little weird, but when he was younger he had handlers so it wasn't apparent.
I mean its not like former disney channel child actors have the healthiest lives after the fact.
>>
>>86178523
He got fired because he would show up on set drunk and high making an ass of himself. Talked shit about his bosses, and was generally a complete nightmare.
>>
>>86178777
What the fuck. Why the fuck would anyone just throw their career away like that?
>>
>>86177954
David O. Russell is Hollywood's last hope.
>>
>>86177954
Michael Bay still abuses people, but that's just because he's a douche.
>>
>>86178952
Honestly I cant imagine the stress of being a relatively new director whos now helming a big budget capeshit movies with producers and executives without a creative bone in their body constantly dictating how the movie should be.
Obviously it was too much to handle and he cracked under the stress. But yeah, its an industry built on connections and relationships. If you want to work inside of it you have to kiss ass and placate the guys with the money sometimes. Especially if you're a fresh director. You build those relationships by proving you can earn for the company which buys you the freedom to do do things more your way in the future.
You could always independently produce and distribute, but you're not going to have access to the same level of the industry.
>>
>>86179065
>Yells at lily tomlin
I'LL FUCKING CUT YOU! BE NICE TO MY COMEDYFU! REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>86179065
Yeah, but hollywood will stop giving him work soon enough. He's too unpredictable on set and his films are too conservative for the current political climate. Even critics, other than /ourguy/ Armond, turned their back on him. Soon nobody will want to give him money to keep making films about the american dream.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.