[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/American Psyhco/ general. Serious discussion. What are your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: kino poster.jpg (527KB, 1213x1800px) Image search: [Google]
kino poster.jpg
527KB, 1213x1800px
/American Psyhco/ general. Serious discussion. What are your thoughts about this masterpiece?
>>
Good movie. Batman didn't kill those people, he was schizophrenic.
>>
>>86170323
It was poo poo pee pee.
>>
>>86170323
Pretty much all the parts that don't make sense at first, or lead to nowhere, or don't make sense with the incoherent twist, I didn't care for. The acting was pretty good though.
>>
>>86170337
It doesn't matter he killed em or not. What matters is our plan
>>
i wish it had a little more of the comedy that's in the book, but it would probably end up bloating the film too much. great adaption, bale was the perfect choice
>>
>>86171253
It doesn't matter he killed em or not. What matters is the societal structures that place a man like bateman at the top of the social hierarchy will remain in place forever no matter how much wrong doing they commit.
>>
If you want to see a masterpiece check out these synchronized numbers
>>
>>86170323
Prime Bale, no homo. The book sounds like shit, I've never heard a fully positive review or appraisal, although at least the author had the common sense to realise that rattling on about trendy shit should only be done ironically, unlike the author of Ready Player One
>>
>>86170323
I still don't understand what's his real job

Are there really such a group of people like him?
>>
File: 1498503843047.jpg (40KB, 460x462px) Image search: [Google]
1498503843047.jpg
40KB, 460x462px
Let me help
>>
>"t-the murders were all real"
>blows up a cop car with one bullet
>atm asks him to feed it a cat
>Paul Allen's apartment and lobby get cleaned up magically
>>
>>86171448
thanks bro
>>
>>86171469
whoops i forgot my dubs
>>
>STILL no dubs

Sad!
>>
>>86171462
>Paul Allen's apartment and lobby get cleaned up magically
To play devil's advocate, it could happen. That was the point of the movie, in some ways. The ruthless nature of "capitalism" yada yada.

The landlady/real estate chick who sees Patrick and tells him to get out of there could have cleaned it up/got someone to do it since a murder in such a building would send prices plummeting and damage their whole business. No one would want to buy the apartment when they knew it was basically Dahmer tier
>>
Abandon thread if I get singles
>>
What's the face mask that Bateman uses in the beginning, and what are its attributes?
>>
>>86171736
>The ruthless nature of "capitalism" yada yada.
So, it's completely delusional and hallucinogenic? Really fires up them almonds.
>>
File: American Psycho in 120s.webm (3MB, 320x136px) Image search: [Google]
American Psycho in 120s.webm
3MB, 320x136px
>>
>>86172046
I'm not saying I agree with that, but that's probably what the movie was attempting.

It's supposed to be left unknown, you don't know if it's real or not, because he lives in such a culture that it's so fucking bizarre and far removed from normal society that it's probably possible.

He COULD have got away with it if the real estate agent women had the place cleaned so that prices wouldn't be decreased.
He COULD have shot the cop car luckily and caused explosion (although low chance)
And the ATM was him hallucinating, yeah, who knows, maybe drug side effects/lack of sleep since he started going off the rails?
>>
>>86171359
Really? I loved the book. Bateman's monologues and reviews don't take up that much time, and in my opinion they add a lot considering how much of the impression of the book is defined by his stream of consciousness
>>
File: 1387823004796.jpg (11KB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
1387823004796.jpg
11KB, 320x272px
>>86172081
>>
check out thee dubs
>>
boom big reveal
>>
>>86170323
I've read the book and I think it did an overall good job of capturing the spirit.
>tfw no kid in zoo scene
>>
dubs
>>
>>86173288
>tfw no beach house scenes
>>
>>86172081
that's incredible, if only there was a way to hear the audio at that speed, you could watch shit like that
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.