[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does hollywood, critics, and audiences alike so obsessed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: MCU.jpg (98KB, 1024x533px) Image search: [Google]
MCU.jpg
98KB, 1024x533px
Why does hollywood, critics, and audiences alike so obsessed over quips? Why have quips become a currency in its own rights in film?
>>
I have no fucking idea, but it's really tiresome.

A few sprinkled here and there like in Batman Begins is fine, but too many makes the stakes feel low and the drama fake.
>>
>>86167545
BUT

MUH

FUN
>>
>>86167493
Reddit. It has conditioned people not to talk with substance, but reply with some snarky, 2 word inoffensive quip in any situation. Everyone on reddit is doing their best Starlord impression 24/7.
>>
I don't mind them, but then again I great up during Arnie's prime in Hollywood and he was the absolute best at it.
>>
>>86167493
I fucking hate the MCU so much. I just don't understand how this is so big among audiences. The MCU Hulk is shit, Captain America is one of the worst super heroes, the stories to the movies are lame and not in any sense realistic like Raimi's Spiderman or Nolan's Batman.

The MCU is literally capeshit

And people say Uwe Boll movies are bad. The MCU have no soul, no spirit at all
>>
>>86167690

*grew up
>>
>>86167690
Arnie was the only one doing it in his movies and it was used in approrpiate situations and with appropriate style. Modern films just throw them by everyone everywhere
>>
>>86167675
>implying 4chan isn't full of people quipping off each other all the time too
>>
>>86167861
it was only used sparingly in arnold's movies because he could barely speak.
>>
quips have always been a thing, you just can't articulate the underlying reasons why the stories in Marvel movies don't work, so you attribute your dislike to tangible, superfluous details like "too many quips"
>>
>>86167933
There are plenty of reasons the stories don't work. Too many characters. Arbitrary, confusing powers. Overreliance on mcguffins. I could go on and on. The quips are just the most obnoxious.
>>
>>86167493
Because "Quips" doesn't actually mean anything

The definition is so broad that literally any piece of dialogue can fall under the term.

So when you say you hate "Quips", what you really mean is "I hate everything, and saying I hate 'quips' really just frees me from having to define what I hate"
>>
>>86168379
You sound like a whiny cunt who whines about other whiny cunts whining. Commit suicide.
>>
Comedic relief has always been a thing in Hollywood. It was normally used in movies too drama/action packed, so they wouldn't be exhausting to watch. Marvel uses them to relief you from the awful plot, writing, photgraphy, cinematgraphy, fight choreography and lack of competent filmmaking in general.
>>
Because you want your dialogue to be quotable. Then people remember your lines, quote it to their friends, thise ask "Hey, where's that from?" and then might check out the movie it's from . I mean, think of some all time famous movie quotes and you can immediately associate them with a particular work. That's free marketing right there.
>>
It's not even good humor. In GOTG2 they brag about huuuge turds. How is that funny? The best action films have some comedy but it's tonally appropriate and the jokes are actually funny and not cringe.

I think it's because an average marlel has multiple writers hired to write different parts creating a disjointed mess. Also they are very careful not to offend their obnoxiously liberal fanbase so all jokes are very limited and predictable.
>>
>>86167861
Arnie quipped *after* he had resolved the tension. Unlike MCU capeshit, he didn't quip in the middle of serious scenes.
>>
>>86167493
Do you legitimately not see the irony in you making a thread on a Mongolian chess forum about quips, complaining about obsession over them?

How autistic are you exactly?
>>
Hell if I know. I watched GOTG vol.2 for the first time a few hours go and it was horseshit. Literally quips every couple of minutes and they were mostly unfunny. I admit Batista's character made me laugh a couple of times, but that's it.
>>
>>86168379
You have no clue what a quip is. Stop embarrassing yourself.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.