[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Season 1 >Rick: They're just robots, Morty! It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_0691.jpg (112KB, 480x720px)
IMG_0691.jpg
112KB, 480x720px
Season 1
>Rick: They're just robots, Morty! It's okay to shoot them! They're robots!
>blows off aliens leg
>Morty: They're not robots Rick!
>Rick: It's a figure of speech, Morty. They're bureaucrats. I don't respect them.
Season 3
>IM PICKLE RIIIIIICK LMAO

What went wrong
What went wrong?
>>
jokes vs ad-lib
>>
File: 1500516400665.jpg (112KB, 724x958px) Image search: [Google]
1500516400665.jpg
112KB, 724x958px
>>
>>86129319
SJW invaded the writing staff and dan harmon is spewing his shitty life story into it
>>
pickle rick is too deep for you to understand
>>
>>86129349
That was quick
>>
File: 1502155328999.jpg (62KB, 503x503px) Image search: [Google]
1502155328999.jpg
62KB, 503x503px
>>86129319
False equivalency. there were silly butt jokes and fart jokes at season 1 of Rick&Morty too

This was also in the pickel rick episode:
>Rick, the only connection between your unquestionable intelligence and the sickness destroying your family is that everyone in your family, you included, use intelligence to justify sickness. You seem to alternate between viewing your own mind as an unstoppable force and as an inescapable curse. And I think it’s because the only truly unapproachable concept for you is that it’s your mind within your control. You chose to come here, you chose to talk to belittle my vocation, just as you chose to become a pickle. You are the master of your universe, and yet you are dripping with rat blood and feces. You enormous mind literally vegetating by your own hands. I have no doubt that you would be bored senseless by therapy, the same way I’m bored when I brush my teeth and wipe my ass. Because the thing about repairing, maintaining, and cleaning is it’s not an adventure. There is no way to do it so wrong you might die. It’s just work. And the bottom line is, some people are okay going to work, and some people… well, some people would rather die. Each of us gets to choose.

>>86129401
fuck off /pol/ activist, the scripts were picked because the staff liked them
>>
>>86129558
I like how people thought this shitty monologue affected the family even slightly since they decided to just go get stupidly drunk immediately after
>>
>>86129319
That same episode in season 1 was about Rick smuggling giant seeds off a planet by shoving them up Morty's asshole. There are shit jokes and decent jokes throughout.

I liked the stuff with Danny Trejo in the newest episode.
>>
>>86129558
yeah i bet the staff liked them, all the great writers who made the show popular have left and been replaced by SJW cunts who suck dan harmons shrivelled dick
>>
>>86129610
Though I don't think the line was funny or really fit in the episode at all, you're a retard if you think it didn't affect the characters.
They left the therapy place all smiling and as a less dysfunctional family. Morty even asks if they'll be going back.
>>
>>86129319
I like the show but season 3 is fucking shit
>>
>>86129651
>less dysfunctional family
>the kids didn't get any help whatsoever despite the therapy being for them
>they get ignored the whole episode
>the adults decide to drop the kids off at home and go get wasted instead of maintaining their relationships like suggested
Getting wasted is not maintaining, it's an adventure where you go to get fucked up and see where your inhibition free mind takes you
>>
>>86129319
Anyone else think Rick's miniature nigger-rigged biological exoskeletons made from roaches and rats were kinda neat?
>>
Why does Rick turn himself into a 'Pickle Morty'?
I just can't figure this out.
He says
>I turned myself into a 'Pickle Morty'
Is he a pickled Morty? Why would he turn himself into a Pickle Morty. I don't get it.
>>
I don't get why they'd have to make an overarching plot. the how would've been a lot better if the episodes were standalone
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3pXNTCeevo

PICKLE RIIIIICK
>>
File: redditandmemey.jpg (40KB, 842x136px) Image search: [Google]
redditandmemey.jpg
40KB, 842x136px
>>86129319
>>
I like R&M but I think last episode was pretty ehh.

The premise of the pickle is ok, because of the preposterous nature of the show, but the moment Rick moved from the sewers to the building with Russians it became (ironically) too much lolrandom and unconnected.

I actually enjoyed the therapy scenes more.
>>
>>86129319
The Pickle Rick episode pissed me off.

It tried to relieve the need for actual jokes by just filling the episode with gore / action scenes.
>>
>>86129848
>0:27 minutes
lol you are a little baby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO72Lg7OZ6U
>>
>>86129866
>The Richshank Rickdemption
WOAH BRAVO I GET THAT REFERENCE
>>
>>86129558
>everyone who disagrees with my insane ideological cult is from /pol/
>99% of people disagree with me, therefore they are nazis

I have bad news for you, anon.
>>
>>86129818
Kek
>>
>>86129885
Pickle Rick is what /tv/ thinks Rick and Morty is
>>
>>86129905
>99% of people disagree with me, therefore they are SJWs
>>
I don't get why people are just now mad that R&M is random humor

It's been like that since the start, in fact the more straight forward episodes have been the most boring imo because it could be any cartoon
>>
>>86129558
It says that women can also be smart.
>>
Honestly, Picke Rick episode wasn't that bad, if you ingore the therapy stuff
>>
>>86129926
How does it feel watching your insane SJW retardation being attacked from all sides?

I'm a liberal. You made an enemy out of liberals. You are so far fucking out in retard land that you are enemies with liberals, moderates and conservatives simultaneously.
>>
REEEEEEE WHERE IS THE DRAMA I RECOMMENDED THIS SHOW FOR ITS HEAVY TONES AT TIMES AND MY FRIENDS ARE ASKING WHY ITS ABOUT A MAN BEING SILLY AS A PICKLE FUCK OFF!!!
>>
>>86129994
He's not just a pickle, he's a Pickle Morty.
>>
>>86129983
>99% of people disagree with me, therefore they are SJWs
>>
>>86129319
Author self-inserts and lolsorandum violence aside, the only thing that really bothered me is that they never made a joke about him being caught in a pickle.
>>
>>86129319

pickle rick is easily a top 5 rick and morty episode.

y'all are just a bunch of miserable fucks who hate on everything.
>>
>>86129319
I think the scripts this season are really relying in existential and nihilistic philosophy and themes that is going over the heads of a lot of the kids who like the ludicrous spectacle of the show. The folks I watched with were of two mi D's about this episode - those who dig thinky humor loved it, those who I wouldn't peg as running out to buy a literary novel didn't like anything other than the pickle rat action. Sure, you'll say that sounds elitist if you are the second type. That figures. I thought it was great. A ton of effort is going into these scripts this season. It shows. They have to be careful to maintain a balance, though, as relying on subtext and and Psych and philosophy humor might be alienating the Average Joe Sixpack crowd.
>>
Xavier RA is the better show
>>
>Taking an [adult swim] cartoon seriously
Kill yourselves
>>
I lolled when Beth accused Dr. Wong of having a racist name.
>>
File: 1404466475580.jpg (233KB, 831x576px) Image search: [Google]
1404466475580.jpg
233KB, 831x576px
>>86129994
You're a fucking faggot for doing that, the maudlin faux-poignant 'Morty staring into the middle distance whilst soft piano + indie vocals style music plays in the background' bits are the absolute worst thing about this show
I unironically fucking hate you you pretentious gobshite moron
>>
>>86130125
>he didn't realise the post he replied to was mocking the people who really think that
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVCouGdEIEw
>>
>>86130108
That was the only joke I smiled at
>>
>>86129983
Nothing about what he said was SJW. Don't act like people weren't prepping themselves up for six months on this board to hate this episode just because a woman wrote it. A female psychologist doing her job is not SJW anything.
>>
>>86129319

Female writers
>>
>>86130091
haha yeah i agree. I recently finished my PHD at harvard for theoretical physics and i love educating my lesser minded friends on this show. They just don't understand how deep this show really is, i smirk in joy when i tell them about the subtle undertones of existential and nihilistic philosophy that they are missing out on because of how stupid they are, haha.
>>
Why is everyone so autistic about this show? Not that I don't enjoy the shitposting.
>>
>>86130246

Kill your self. You have to be 18 years old to post here.
>>
File: 1501856038659.jpg (122KB, 608x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1501856038659.jpg
122KB, 608x1200px
>>86130296
>>
>>86130306
Because the shitposting is almost indistinguishable from the unironic posting, it's really fun to pile on.
>>
>>86130361
This quote would literally kill me if it wasn't a ruse cruise but the "nothing personnel" gives it away sadly
>>
File: TETSUKE.png (260KB, 576x577px) Image search: [Google]
TETSUKE.png
260KB, 576x577px
>Season 1
Preddy Gud. With some more refined writing, it could have acsended to God status
>Season 2
Writing suddenly dips, but that's normal. Still a few good episodes, but tainted by some painfully unfunny ones. Hopefully it will turn around.
>Season 3
lul so randumb humor

As soon as Dan Harmon put his name on it, it was destined to suck ass.
>>
>>86129885
This.
The episode had no real content. It was just filler scenes.
I got a bad feeling when Rick said "it's getting darker" in the episode before. Like they can't come up with jokes and content so they just try to be edgy.
>>
>>86129896
I bet you didn't get Rickmancing the Stone though you pleb.
>>
File: pickle nye.jpg (136KB, 534x527px) Image search: [Google]
pickle nye.jpg
136KB, 534x527px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leCVVw6iD84

HEY MORTYYYY
>>
>>86129558
>your mind within your control
but free will is an illusion
>>
>>86129739
I liked it too. Wish there was no therapy bullshit and more exoskeleton bits. We want to watch Rick do cool sci fi stuff, not endure an sjw self-insert with a shit monologue.
>>
I've noticed they've stripped out a lot of the characters' unique mannerisms and speech patterns.
>>
>>86131114
whats pissing me off is the lack of sci fi and just rick and morty being together
>>
>>86129558
This was actually a somewhat profound statement regarding therapy and high intelligence.

Shame it'll never be acknowledged because of a writers political beliefs and odd self insert.
>>
File: 1356647453225.gif (976KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1356647453225.gif
976KB, 300x300px
>>86129983
All you did was prove his last comment you filthy little /pol/ack...
>>
>>86129558
Self insert monologue exposition character
>>
Why is 4ch so paranoid?
Why do you see SJW and librarians everywhere?
>>
>>86129983
>RandM is INSANE liberal propaganda

Anon... I....
>>
>>86131496
4chan as a whole sorta isn't, but /pol/ is certainly is.

And now they have an active colony on this board.
>>
>>86129866
Who names these?
>>
>>86129914
>___ thinks an episode of a show is representative of that show
Wow, no shit.
>>
desu couldn't even handle the Rick part that episode either, I know he always was a Gary Stu, but fucking hell put some limits on what he can do.
>s03e03
>makes a fucking exoskeleton built with carcasses as a fucking pickle in a couple hours

now i can't see how he ever will be in a pinch again.

>s13e05
>locked in a room with only dust while gagged, eyes covered and limbs stuck
>builds a dust-portalgun just by screaming in the right frequencies

>>86131496
when were they ever wrong?
>>
PICKLE RICKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJCMxk7AdDA
>>
>>86132284
just let it die already
>>
>>86129558
And thanks to diversity hires all those staff members are dumb cunt feminists.
>>
>>86129558
rick and morty is a fucking cartoon, the characters arent real and neither are their problems. rick is an arrogant asshole because he was written to be that way, not because of 'deep rooted psychological issues hurr durr im so smart i can quote psych books'.
>>
File: IMG_2081.png (256KB, 688x1012px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2081.png
256KB, 688x1012px
>no Jerry Smith

Terrible episode because Jerry is the glue that holds the show together. Without him the show falls apart.
>>
>>86130515
You don't need a reason to watch a cartoon. It's got cool setting and sci fi. It's visually appealing and has a comedic pace, while being playfully irreverent. People can easily watch it without letting its jokes and wounded characters define them. Don't be obtuse.
>>
>>86130809
Filler? What do you think the show is about? A mini-adventure of cartoon fighting, and characters being stupid in front of a psychologist are definitely content. What scene were you waiting for that you didn't get?
>>
>>86129558
>using the self-interest character as your example of good Season 3 writing
lmao
>>
>>86129319
The thing is that it´s not a terrible episode. It has good moments and a bunch of jokes that landed well. The only thing that annoys me (and the reddiest moment) is that Pickle Rick didn´t spill the guts and bath in the blood of that fatty cat. Instead, the episode choose the easy way: insects and rats. Overall, not the worse episode of Rick and MOrty, but pretty forgettable.
>>
>>86131114
How is the character sjw or a self-insert? Explaining in clear terms exactly how the main cast approaches life, and then showing them taking that knowledge and move forward not caring, is both comedic and par for the course for the show's heartstring pulling.
>>
Is Xavier Renegade Angel worth checking out?
>>
>>86133623
Which is why the characters took the professional attempt at character analysis and comically tossed it out in favor of drinking and acting like a cartoon. That's the joke. Soranden's careful analysis means nothing to them and doesn't properly apply in a cartoon.
>>
>>86135695

Good point.
>>
>>86135619
Yes
>>
What is a PICKLE MORTY
pls
>>
>>86130515
>literally 90% of it is either toilet humor or "lol god isn't real"
"god isn't real" was only said once in the entire first season.
>>
>>86135619
no, dont get memed into givin it a shot, its rather bad. Try Space ghost instead
>>
>>86129319
women

also the writers became so concerned with retaining quality and not looking like hacks they made the jokes shitty on purpose instead of by accident, huge fucking cucks
>>
That was technically the pilot :^)
>>
>>86131348
its clearly meant to be that the therapist is correct and rick and his daughter are ignoring it because they cant deal with their problems.
>>
>>86129558
*fart*
>>
File: IMG_4347.jpg (123KB, 640x993px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4347.jpg
123KB, 640x993px
Name a more pathetic, cancerous fannase
>>
>>86138065
Fuck you I loved that sauce.
>>
>>86138065
MLP
GF
FNAF
Homestuck
SU
>>
>>86129558
this just feels like such a convoluted way to explain an idea that's pretty straight forward throughout the show
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.