[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/08/dis ney-will-pull-its-movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13

File: 411717-DISNEY+LOGO+COLOR.jpg (144KB, 1724x796px) Image search: [Google]
411717-DISNEY+LOGO+COLOR.jpg
144KB, 1724x796px
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/08/disney-will-pull-its-movies-from-netflix-and-start-its-own-streaming-services.html
NOTHING CAN STOP THE MOUSE
>>
wtf
american netflix has disney movies?
>>
Do they really think tumblr will swap their netflix accounts for disney movies?
>>
i bet its really because the netflix ceo didn't want to take over bob igers position when he retires
>>
>>86102274
Only a few A list ones and the rest are terrible, "a very goofy passover," or, "mulan 3: crickets big day," types.
>>
>>86102232
This could be great but Disney will find some way to jew everyone
>>
>>86102232
>Disney wants to kill Netflix
THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 479x479px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 479x479px
>more fucking streaming services
It's already bad enough that Criterion and HBO are pulling this shit
>>
>>86102451
not like Netflix isn't already killing itself by not paying for anything but it's original stuff
>>
>>86102281
Do you have any idea how much content Disney own?
>>
>>86102514
it's amazing that Hulu is probably going to end up being the best one, just because the networks are already part owners
>>
>>86102232
good luck faggots
>>
>>86102451
Is there even any good original content on netflix?
>>
>>86102514
I could see the "future of cable" just being a bunch of pick and choose streaming services. Hell, consumers have been asking for a la carte cable packages forever, this just might end up being the version we get.
>>
>espn is behind this
is there anything /sp/ can't ruin?
>>
I mean, as soon as Netflix streaming became so big it was clear the the networks would pull their content and make their own services. Now it'll cost as much as cable again
>>
>>86102232
I don't think they realize how many people don't have money.
>>
>>86102882
This.
It's a terrible idea for these companies to start their own streaming services instead of partnering together.
They'll be lucky to break even.
>>
>>86102232

Disney might pull this off since their collection is so massive, others not so much.
>>
your time is coming netfux.
>>
>>86102882
I know right?
They're making the same fucking mistakes they did with cable and soon they're going to have free services beating them down again.
>>
>>86102882
We have infinite money now with bitcoin
>>
>>86102642
Fuck no
>>
File: 1385312372327.png (265KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
1385312372327.png
265KB, 480x600px
>>86102451
Netflix is mostly garbage anyway.
>Want to watch a good movie
>Only available on Netflix DVD, how about shitty Hallmark Original movie instead
>>
>>86102574
no
>>
>>86102232
>It also will launch an ESPN video streaming service in early 2018, including MLB, NHL and MLS content.

They don't own NHL rights.
>>
>>86102882
Even if it's a big loss for the company they'll make the money back in other ways and help kill off potential competitors in the crib. Not like Netflix or Hulu funds itself with merchandise or the production of 'real' media.
>>
>>86104006
well they have Cory in the house
>>
File: 1382192369433 - Copy.png (436KB, 459x338px) Image search: [Google]
1382192369433 - Copy.png
436KB, 459x338px
>>86102232

Not surprising at all after CBS Instant Access. It's the same shit that's happened with video games. Everyone has their own fucking service and sells/streams their shit through it.

Amazon still has the most third party shit that I care to watch so if Netflix keeps going down the path of their original programming and them losing older stuff then Amazon will probably be the only one I'll keep.

I can honestly say though that I'll never pay money for a Disney streaming service just so I can watch their capeshit and live action Disney cartoon unearthings. I'll pass, thanks.
>>
>>86102514
I hate to tell you but the end result of streaming will be prices similar to cable packages. You'll just be picking your own channel suites, but because these companies know you're accustomed to cable prices, they'll have no problem keeping the $10-$20 per service on the assumption each household will subscribe to 5-10 services per month. It will be a minor step up from cable due to anytime selection but overall the experience and cost will remain essentially unchanged.

The illusion of choice strikes again.
>>
>>86102644

It's the writing on the wall. Cable has been dying for a while now. Seriously, every fucking major channel I see is nothing but reality TV garbage.

People have been wanting the content they want for years now. Everyone complains that they have to buy some shitty 100+ channel 100+ dollar package of shit they'll never fucking bother watching ever.

The internet has killed cable. We're just watching the death throes and companies realizing what they have to do to future proof.
>>
>>86102281
You underestimate how obsessed a lot of people are with Disney and its associated IPs
>>86102384
>a very goofy passover
lmao
>>
>>86102750

Yep. That's the plan. Each service combined will end up costing you around the same as an old Cable package.

Problem is cable/internet providers. You see they don't get their hefty cut anymore. Expect a lot of lobbying on this issue and unexpected taxes to crop up on your internet bills in the coming year.
>>
>>86104723
I need normies to keep watching cable, so I can keep affordable internet. I don't even watch TV, I just pirate things.
>>
File: 1473610443938.jpg (67KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1473610443938.jpg
67KB, 413x395px
>studious start pulling off movies and shows from netflix
>netflix originals are garbage
>netflix goes bankrupt
>>
reminder with streaming you've gone from
>service.
to
>internet+fee for streaming service.
Once prices end up the same you are at the mercy of bandwidth providers.
>>
I can't wait for net neutrality to be fucking banned.
>>
>>86105008
I've heard murmurings that netflix is treading on debt for all their original projects they've been making. If thats the case it might not be impossible for them to go bankrupt and other services rape each other for the remains
>>
>>86105063
i know rite i miss the zero rating system :(
>>
>Got tricked into footing the entire bill for Star Trek: Discovery
>About to lose all Disney products
>Wasting all their money on shit original content

How long before they die?
>>
>>86106079
If it actually turns out they were tricked with star trek discovery then legal action is already known to be on the table. Paramount are scared as fuck.
>>
>>86105008
They also just got fucked by CBS and their deal for international broadcast rights of Star Trek Discovery which paid for the entire production. They'll be even madder when it turns out to be hot garbage.
>>
How long until you have to subscribe to each and every company's own unique streaming service, and streaming is no longer the cheapest option?
>>
File: 17spnoj6yjsv1jpg mickey kirby.jpg (177KB, 800x911px) Image search: [Google]
17spnoj6yjsv1jpg mickey kirby.jpg
177KB, 800x911px
Disney is pursuing a platform storytelling strategy, which means driving collective business success, rather than optimizing the returns on any one character, title or even franchise. Fracturing licenses across several services not only undermines this model, it creates a friction-filled customer experience where products, plotlines and audiences can easily fall through the cracks. Conversely, housing them under one (plus Disney’s owned & operated sites) creates “user synergies".

When the Netflix deal ends, I’d bet that the entire Disney catalogue will instantly move to a new Disney O&O service. The fact that it was all contained, used and watched in one place not only creates a stronger ecosystem around Disney content, it gives the audience a single point of transition. All of a sudden – and nearly a decade and half after Netflix, Amazon Video and Hulu launched – we’ll have a massively scaled Disney subscription service. And contrary to popular belief, insiders suggest it will include Disney’s Netflix series, too.

But this Disney subscription service will likely go far beyond just video content. It will also bundle in access to all Disney comics, books, apps, digital games and albums (Frozen!), as well as Disney’s network television portfolio. In addition, subscribers will benefit from discounted theme park passes and merchandise promotions, and in time, the ability to purchase ‘day & date’ theatrical content, too. The groundwork for this, though modest, already exists in Disney’s children-focused UK service Disney Life. While we’ll likely see individualized subscriptions at lower prices (i.e. everything Star Wars, everything Marvel), the core of the offering will be, in effect, Disney as a Service2 (“DaaS”). With new multi-media content released daily.
>>
>being a Netflix customer

They must be the most self-loathing group on /tv/. Constant cost rises, constant (and huge) content cuts, original series are always shit or turn shit.
And yet they still subscribe.
>>
>>86102581
Hulu already is the best one at this point. I just realized that's not saying much.
>>
>>86107567

Better yet

>believing in the streaming meme

Why would I pay something monthly when I can just buy it once, physically, and that's that? Fuck this streaming thing, just fuse physical and digital by removing CD's and have download codes on it + some merch/figure. There you go.
>>
>>86107722
It started off as a good idea but then they got greedy. And it wasn't just the Hollywood studios, it was Netflix themselves, they knew they could rip off the customers and get away with it.
>>
>>86106079
God I wish Netflix would just die already. They're fucking with anime and delaying the subs until long after the anime has already aired.
>>
>>86107994

>yfw Blockbuster comes back from the dead with something new
>>
>>86102232
Are we finally getting the approval of the netflixfags?
>>
>>86104723
Net neutrality my dood.
>>
File: oJUF3Lx.png (71KB, 725x561px) Image search: [Google]
oJUF3Lx.png
71KB, 725x561px
Good. Now Netflix doesn't have a monopoly on the streaming market anymore.
>>
>>86102274
Ones from 2016 are Rogue One, Civil War, Zootopia, etc
>>
Good thing Netflix bought the rights to Mark Millar's comic franchises.

https://media.netflix.com/en/press-releases/netflix-acquires-millarworld-1

>“Mark has created a next-generation comics universe, full of indelible characters living in situations people around the world can identify easily with,” added Sarandos. “We look forward to creating new Netflix Originals from several existing franchises as well as new super-hero, anti-hero, fantasy, sci-fi and horror stories Mark and his team will continue to create and publish.”

Netflix cinematic universe incoming
>>
>>86108341
Nemesis series when?
>>
>>86105008
http://fortune.com/2017/06/15/netflix-more-subscribers-than-cable/
>>
>>86102232
I predict that satellite companies will finagle a deal with 100s of streaming services and become top dog again
>>
>>86108341
there is WAY too much capeshit on Netflix
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (23KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
23KB, 640x400px
I can't under this shit at all.

Disney:
>We are removing "new movies" from Netflix in 2019.

They specifically said this wouldn't effect any of the Netflix Marvel tv shows.

So does this mean only new movies, but old ones, like Avengers will still be on there?

Logically they would still want to sell older Disney content to Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, etc.
>>
File: Akko.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Akko.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>86108505
https://www.inverse.com/article/35160-netflix-millarworld-superior-wanted-jupiters-legacy-nemesis

Likely Netflix will turn ever one into a series.]

Because:
>>86108917
>there is WAY too much capeshit on Netflix
I just sub'd last month for capeshit, but I stayed for Little Witch Academia!
>>
>>86102232
>THE MOUSE
Cringe
>>
File: 1488237308623.png (124KB, 292x389px) Image search: [Google]
1488237308623.png
124KB, 292x389px
>>86108534
>Cable subscription: 120 dollars a month
>Netflix 9 dollars a month
NEGATIVE 20 BILLION
>>
>>86107532
In the place of a Netflix you would have a King! Not dank but beautiful and terrible as the Mouse! Treacherous as the Jews! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!
>>
>>86102232

Awesome, now I don't have to sort through all the capeshit
>>
>>86102882
Old people have money and spend all day watching TV. They only watch cop shows though.
>>
File: 1395840522487.gif (22KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1395840522487.gif
22KB, 501x585px
>>86102232
>the mouse
More like the long nosed rat.
>>
>>86102232
Netflix sucks anyway. I don't know why anyone would pay for it. The shows are mediocre and the movies are godawful.
>>
>>86102451
Netflix is killing itself by removing any of the content people would want to watch and replacing it with horrendous originals and cheap, foreign trash
>>
DC is making one also with YJ S3 and TT.
>>
over/under
5 years until netflix bankrupts
>>
>>86110020
Have you watched little witch academia?
>>
>>86102962
the money has to come from somewhere

if television dies and people aren't paying through other means, the content stops coming too.
>>
>>86108673

They already do, DirecTV now is undercutting their satellite business with streaming deals with AT&T phone plans

And Dish is likely to team up with T-Mobile or some MVNO

Sprint and Comcast already have deals together.

The cable era is over, streaming is king

Screen cap this shit
>>
NETFLIX IS OVER
LONG LIVE DISNEY
>>
Oh more fragmented streaming services. That is just what the public wanted.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.