[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: gotham-deserves.gif (1MB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
gotham-deserves.gif
1MB, 500x220px
>Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

Did Commissioner Gordon really expect his 10 year old son to understand what the fuck he was talking about when he decided to give this monologue?
>>
>>86097538
>he doesnt understand the goddamned Batman was Dick Cheney and this speech was a pro mansized safe statement
>>
>>86097538
Even i don't know what the fuck he's on about. Why does Gotham deserve Batman? Why doesn't Gotham need him?
>>
>>86098411
he's saying 'put batman in our back pocket for a rainy day (Bane?)'
>>
>>86098411
They don't need the hero vigilante, even though he just saved all their shit. They need Harvey Dent and his reputation intact, to make all their work against organized crime actually stick.
>>
>>86097538
>daddy when I grow up I want to be a vigilante bypassing the duly elected government and the will of the people
>>
He's saying that the good people of Gotham deserve a hero like Batman to protect them, but they need someone to blame Harvey Dent's killing spree on, in order to keep his name from being tarnished and all his work undone.

Or something.
>>
>>86098411
I was going to make fun of you for not getting it but shiet, no way you can spin it correctly.
>>
>>86097538
That whole segment was like something for ten years olds, so I don't see a problem.
Oh or is this another case where comic cucks think their infantile drivel is something deep and thought provoking?
>>
Gotham needed Harvey Dent as a hero at the time, even though he wasn't one.
Also he probably had to tell his son to keep his mouth shut for the rest of his life about the dude who tried to shoot him, we need him to pass the Dent act.
>>
>>86098628
See
>>86098593
>>86098526
>>
>>86098593
This makes sense, thanks
>>
>>86098411
Gotham needed a white knight like Harvey Dent, someone who was a shining beacon of hope that could end criminal activity systematically. But after years of corruption and apathy, Gotham deserved a dark knight like Batman, someone who would get his hands dirty and keep the city clean through fear.
>>
>>86097538
>Did Commissioner Gordon really expect his 10 year old son to understand
It's Nolan in question, so kids at that age are fully able to "get it".
>>
>>86097538
I didn't understand why all the criminals would be freed if dent went down. Just b/c the prosecutor is a pos doesn't mean they aren't free to go
>>
>>86097538
The thing about this line is it could be taken both ways. Like, Gotham deserves a vigilante that breaks laws or does Gotham deserve the great and amazing Dark Knight? I don't know, is it a diss to Batman or Gotham?
>>
>>86098526
This, the line made no sense to me in 2008 and didn't until I saw TDKR.
>>
>>86097538
there are lines that cringy in this movie?
>>
>>86102160
NO MORE DEAD CAWPS
>>
>>86102160
Yes, fortunately Oldman's a good enough actor to actually imbue that schlock with a little gravitas. Nolan has a tin ear.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.