[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking Idris Elba is a diversity hire through and through. We

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: n key.jpg (118KB, 1300x803px) Image search: [Google]
n key.jpg
118KB, 1300x803px
Fucking Idris Elba is a diversity hire through and through. We all know Boyega is, but I hate how Elba is paraded about as a good actor when there is not a thing in his oeuvre to suggest this is the case.
>>
who cares hes hot
>>
The Wire
>>
>>86095209
Yeah his Baltimore accent is really authentic. I am truly amazed by this show and his thoughtful performance.
>>
>>86095102
America has a million black actors so why does Idris get all the work?
because he's based as fuck and not your usual ghetto boy, thats why.
>>
>>86095414
A monkey with a chav accent is still a monkey.
>>
The only reason /tv/ screams "blackwashing" over Idris Elba is because he's not American. Will Smith, Morgan Freeman and Samuel L Jackson don't get shit for being cast in "white" roles.
>>
>>86095586
OK...and? The only thing you're suggesting is that we're not motivated by racism. Anyway, those other actors have, at times, displayed talent.

Elba is a silly little nigger man with nothing artistic in his entire """"soul""" or whatever porch monkeys have.
>>
File: explain this - you cant.jpg (70KB, 760x453px) Image search: [Google]
explain this - you cant.jpg
70KB, 760x453px
>>86095102
take a movie, any movie with a male lead. .. replace him with Idris Elba.
is that movie now better? yes it is.
>>
>>86095102
I wanna press those buttons. Redpill me on that laptop
>>
He was good on The Wire and bad in everything else

The Wire's writers and directors managed to get some great performances out of mostly mediocre actors
>>
>>86095934
I dunno man have you watched it recently? There are some serious nostalgia goggle effects with that show.
>>
>>86095828
>12 Monkeys

holy shit it works
>>
>>86096570
I'm actually rewatching it now for the first time in almost ten years and I love it even more. What parts of it didn't stand the test of time for you?
>>
>>86096686
The acting and the hamfisted thematics really stand out as amateurish to me. I loved it way back when. I found myself rolling my eyes this time through.

It's basically the Wire chess scene copypasta issue desu.
>>
>>86096846
It's the immaculate plotting and memorable characters that make it so great
>>
File: 0AFku5h.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
0AFku5h.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>86095828
>citizen kane

>rosebud was a bike
>>
>>86095102
i feel bad for him because every other idiot bandies him around for their diversity answer when you can tell he doesnt want to be dragged into the stupidity
>>
>>86095770
ha ha, shadilay my fellow kekistani! let's redpill the FUCK out of these normies (Reeeee! lol!)!
>>
>>86097433
Your post should be bannable. You seem like you may be retarded.
>>
>>86095102

He was good in Beasts of No Nation.
>>
>>86097258
This.

The Wire was dope.
Luther season 1 and 2 were good too.
Then the BBC went full SJW and tried to force Luther to be some sort of sexual chocolate mandingo slinger.
>>
>>86097761
Nah, that was 100% a diversity hire.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.