[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I liked it, 7/10 Why does everyone think it's shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 12

File: Covenant_Pray.jpg (368KB, 675x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Covenant_Pray.jpg
368KB, 675x1000px
I liked it, 7/10

Why does everyone think it's shit? How did it ruin Alien?
>>
>>86077217
I have no idea.

I think it was a great movie, better than Prometheus imo. I don't understand most of the complaints.

>crew was stupid
Other than Daniels shooting right near explosives that could have detonated and killed her, no they weren't.

>we already knew the twist before it was revealed
It was CLEARLY intended to be that way.

>shower scene
I thought it was fine.
>>
>>86077217
>Why does everyone think it's shit?

It seems more negative opinions on /tv/ than other places. Most people enjoyed it.
>>
>>86077217
>Why does everyone think it's shit?
The writing is pure garbage.
>How did it ruin Alien?
It turned the franchise into unintentional slasher comedy.

>>86077481
>I think it was a great movie, better than Prometheus imo
Your opinion is shit.
>I don't understand most of the complaints
That's because you're an idiot.
>no they weren't
Confirming that you're an idiot.
>It was CLEARLY intended to be that way
It was clear at this point that they didn't even care about trying to hide the shit writing.
>I thought it was fine
Shit opinion goes with shit taste.

>>86079392
>It seems more negative opinions on /tv/ than other places
>Most people enjoyed it
Which obviously explains the box office flop.
>>
>>86077481
>Other than Daniels shooting right near explosives that could have detonated and killed her, no they weren't.

Of course not, the captain was a bright guy with perfect decisions.
>>
>>86077217
Oh man..., it truly was shit.
>>
>>86080341
imagine being this butthurt about someones opinion of a film, dude get some pussy
>>
>>86081021
The captain was insecure and highly stressed because no one respected his command. Then his wife does and his decision making naturally suffers.

He acted like an idiot because that's his character.>>86081199
>>
>>86082251
>I'm gonna peek into that suspicious looking egg because that sispicious robot is telling me it's fine

He acts like an idiot because he is an idiot.
>>
I liked how it focused on David and Walter. At first I thought "oh for fuck sake David's an evil cunt for no reason I hate that shit" but then they explained he wanted to create something beautiful. So he used the engineers as fertiliser.
>>
>>86077217
I thought the Frankenstein thing they were going for with David was cool, but it had so many silly moments it might as well have been a teen slasher comedy flick
>guy gets infected while smoking a joint
>2 people slip on the same puddle of blood
>show the same decapitated head 3 times
>little xeno raising his arms
>first-person xeno perspective
>Walter and David kung fu fighting
>>
>>86077217
Alien>Aliens>>Covenant>Alien3>>>Resurrection
>>
I agree with 7/10. I just don't like that David is the creator of the Xeno.
>>
agreed, this is a 7 out of fucking 10, nothing more nothing less
>>
>>86080341
Your opinion is wrong and you are an idiot.

Just want to be on the same level as you :)
>>
>>86077217
yep, 7/10 seems about right.
>>
>>86082251
>It's important to follow orders
>hey guys, let abandon the mission and check this planet without any protection
>>
>>86077481
>>crew was stupid
>Other than Daniels shooting right near explosives that could have detonated and killed her, no they weren't.
What about the captain who just witnessed an alien kill a crew member while David watched, and then David gave his evil villain talk and asked him to follow. So he does.
Then when he asks the clearly evil robot if these eggs are dangerous he immediately goes to check them out, because the evil robot said no.
>>
>>86083188
>>first-person xeno perspective
I think this annoyed me more than anything else in the film.
We don't need a xeno vision scene. Keep that shit for predator where it actually makes sense to show his viewpoint.
>>
covenant acually elevated prometheos imo

as a double feature they work really surprisingly well

and david being the creator of the xeno works better with the theory that incorporates the mural, and posits the xeno as an otherdimensional eldritch being that exists outside of time and seeks to manifest phenotypically in the 3d universe, with david's dreams being part of the whole process

the xeno is using david to usher itself into a three-dimensional form

that's a realy cool take on the whole mythos desu
>>
The real question is, are Prometheus and Covenant less shit than Resurrection?
>>
>>86084438
resurrections is the kinoest of the original trilogy tho
>>
>>86079392
>Most people enjoyed it.
[citation needed]
>>
>>86080341
>Budget: $97mil
>Gross: $236mil
>I..I didn't like it so it was a flop
>>
>>86084538
Try harder nex time.
>>
>>86084494
It's so good it managed to be the first example of a fourth installment in a trilogy.
>>
>>86084538
Do you even know the difference between flopping and bombing? With this budget and this gross, Covenant IS a flop.
>>
>>86084093
To be fair, I don't know if its protocol this early but the Nostromo from Alien 1 also stopped and went out of its way to investigate a foreign transmission because its procedure according to mother.
>>
>>86084672
It was pure protocol in Alien, they didn't want to do it but they wouldn't get paid otherwise. Covenant are just a bunch of incompetent morons.
>>
>>86084641
>>86084596

It's consistent with the the rest of the series (with the exception of Prometheus... but that wasn't really an Alien film as such)
>>
>>86084672
maybe mother had other priorities...
>>
>>86084861
I guess you can't expect too much from an eat-shitter. Enjoy your failure and the next one.
>>
>NOT MUH ALIENS

That's why. I thought it was great but it needed to be longer. I ended up craving for more. I liked Ridley's return to his detached gore style we saw in Hannibal and The Counselor.
>>
>>86084641

If Covenant is a flop then so is Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection.

To give it some perspective: Jurassic World alone grossed more than the entire franchise.
>>
I enjoyed it too but I wasn't expecting much either.
>>
>>86084938

If you get this riled up about people liking a movie then you should really have a sit down and reconsider your life.
>>
>>86084946
The Xenomorphs were awful in Covenant, the neomorphs were alright and creepy as fuck.

>I liked Ridley's return to his detached gore style we saw in Hannibal and The Counselor
Those movies are utter shit and so is Covenant.
>>
It's seriously one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
Story is just everything we've already seen in Alien franchise. The whole David/David 2 part tried to do something new, but didn't really accomplish anything other than being a comedy special and a shitty ""twist"".
Characters are pure garbage and so are their motives. How come a team of trained professionals doesn't know (or somehow forgets) about quarantine? They're on unknown planet with a deadly virus infecting them in a matter of hours and they don't even try to contain it? Why are they separated while inside the stone building? How come they're allowed to sacrifice 2000 lives just to save their stupid spouses? Why don't send fucking David down to the planet's surface first? He's immune to everything for fuck's sake, worst case scenario he gets damaged. They've spent weeks to get to that planet - why risk lives of vital crew members and fly a lander in worst weather imaginable when you could just wait a few more hours and be safe?
There are no interesting characters (cowboy in space that listens to 1980s rock/metal is cliche as fuck), technology (where did the superbed go?), there's no character development and CGI is just a laughing stock (every scene with alien attacking the crew is terrible) and so are props (lel @ Shaw's corpse).

I expected nothing and am still dissapointed.
>>
>>86085027
>neomorphs were alright and creepy as fuck.

The neomorphs stole the show. They were actually more terrifying than the xenomorphs. That might of had to do with the way the xenomorphs were just hamfisted into the third act though instead of being saved for the next film.
>>
>>86085027
>The Counselor
>utter shit

Pleb confirmed. I bet you liked The Martian
>>
>>86077217
I for one appreciated the fact that they did away with helmets in this one. I was so ready to complain yet again about the removal of helmets on an alien planet and they just went and didn't even bother having helmets exist.

As for the complaints:
>movie couldn't decide between being a rehash of alien or aliens and did both poorly
>shower scene was hilarious cheesy horror movie cliche
>slapstick levels of blood slipping in the first alien birth scene
>writing is still so bad that it requires mentally deficient levels of idiocy to progress the plot
As evidenced by following the alien loving murderer of your crew mate to his secret mystical dungeon, carrying a man projecting vomiting blood back to the ship which would not even pass the most basic of quarantine laws on earth let alone a foreign planet, no safety precautions to speak of(black woman playing in strange water and mud without so much as gloves, and people getting infected by shit that acts no different than normal earth pathogens in terms of infection). Total erasure of prometheus even mattering in the least because ridley got buttblasted at it's reception, also the retconning of the xenomorph creation because he absolutely hated the idea of a 'queen' alien laying eggs and being buttblasted at cameron for that.

It was just a bad movie, quoting paradise lost and having fassbender kiss himself won't save it. Also just simple editing shit like not having all the baby albino aliens die on screen, one from the wheat field lived and was supposed to fight the xenomorph at the temple but that idea was cut so u just have a stray alien unaccounted for in the movie.

ITS JUST FUCKIN SHIT M8
>>
>>86085334
>slapstick levels of blood slipping in the first alien birth scene

This movie was closer to the Evil Dead franchise than Alien. And it was completely unintentional.
>>
File: ipaidforhardcorefckn.jpg (63KB, 640x293px) Image search: [Google]
ipaidforhardcorefckn.jpg
63KB, 640x293px
>>86085334
>gay davids

You blow and i'll finger the holes.
>>
>>86085334
>following the alien loving murderer of your crew mate to his secret mystical dungeon
lmao I forgot about that, what the fuck was Scott thinking
>>
>>86077217
It was fine, flaws were:
> Stupid crew
> Alien growth timeline too short
> Black goo far better than actual aliens
> Too much over the top action
> Main girl should have been the one the neomorph decapitates
> Engineer city was not styled right at all
> David's experiments too unclear

Pros:
> David and his story was fantastic
> Walter
> All the giger rip offs like the trees on the cliff
> Different alien types
> Slow build up and the ending
> James franco wasn't actually in the film
>>
>>86084302
That's a cool take, did you come up with it or read it somewhere?
>>
>>86085465

B-But his wife died >>86082251
>>
>>86083188
Xeno vision was awful, forgot about that. I liked the little xeno raising his arms though, elevated them above dumb animal.
>>
>>86085510
>ripping off the beginning of the original movie from 19-fucking-79 is somehow a pro
>>
>>86085556
It was literally meant to be a christ-like birth scene, which is just mindblowingly fucking retarded. Also they are 'dumb animals' in the fact that they are thoughtless murder machines that are very good at what they do, there is no xeno culture, there is no xeno intelligence beyong instinct, there is no xeno free market and trade or linguistics they are dumb fucking animals and that is a fucking shit scene to play at christ themes while david continues to quote paradise lost every chance he gets.
>>
>>86085560
A slow beginning is hardly original to the first alien. It's not a big pro but when the film gets into it it's then over before you know it as they rushed the rest.
>>
>>86080341
LOL U DUMB
>>
>>86083188
i see nothing wrong with any of these points
>>
>>86085620
It was meant to be a dramatic moment but nothing christ like - you do realize jesus didnt stand up as a baby and wave to god? The aliens aren't greatly intelligent but they are curious and thoughftul, whereas later movies made them lose their mystery and sinister edge by making them packs of wolves. They've always had some odd understanding, with the sexual imagery and their human forms - so it was good to see some of that.
>>
>>86077217
Half the movie was introduction.

Then we get the small just-born Xenomorph that somehow has enough mass and force to hit a human and make them fly 3 meters in the air. Yeah, no.

The characters acting on that planet were quite ridiculous as well.
>>
>>86085544
>Weyland corp. chose an idiot with acceptance/respect/decision making problems to be a back-up commander of a most expensive and complicated manned mission in the history of mankind
makes me think
>>
>>86085781
And can take sustained fire with no issue until later when it will die after a few shots.
>>
File: ssss.png (532KB, 699x563px) Image search: [Google]
ssss.png
532KB, 699x563px
>>86085738
Fuck you he literally said as much.

>The aliens aren't greatly intelligent but they are curious and thoughtful

elaborate, or are cockroaches curious and thoughtful now because they display 90% of the characteristics of the xeno in alien, or are spiders and other ambush creatures "thoughtful" because they stalk prey? Xeno's have done LITERALLY NOTHING that insinuates anything greater than a spiders level of cognition UNLESS you count alien resurrection where they kill one of themselves so that the acid blood will eat through the floor and free them, but no one counts resurrection so what in the holy hell fuck are u talking about? You got no sinister edge in this movie what are u even talking about, hell the white albino ones were far more terrifying and efficient than the xeno, and the black goo was more efficient than both of them combined.
>>
>>86086069
I would also like to mention how the David's don't have fucking lungs either and are incapable of blowing air, so not only did the flute scene exist in violation of reality but also him blowing on the albino to turn it into a puppy pet would have been impossible as well.

>android grows out hair, get's brown roots, cuts hair to match new david, brown roots gone, all blonde.

FOR WOT
>>
>>86086069
They set traps and know that guns will hurt them. In Aliens the queen commands the others and lets ripley go under threat of her flamethrower. In alien it doesn't always attack and has other states than angry.

Then obviously as you go less and less canon into later films they become mensa applicants and the "perfect organism" gets cringeworthily repeated. But they aren't plainly stupid.
>>
>>86086161
The hair was achingly stupid, as soon as i saw his cut hair was brown it became obvious he would impersonate walter.
>>
>>86086161
>android grows out hair, get's brown roots, cuts hair to match new david, brown roots gone, all blonde
ah that part top notch
>>
>>86084189
they did it in aliens 3 already
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>86086199
Almost any animal on earth will cower from fire... insects will run from fire, living things avoid fire except for maybe moths.

I will admit they did some shit in Aliens that implies foresight, but that was all james cameron and ridley scott despises every single creative decision he made in regards xenomorphs, so if we are talking about the ridley aliens(alien/prom/cov) they are dumb murder insect tier.

Case in point
>let me bash my face repeatedly into this reinforced cockpit window now instead of displaying any sign of stealth or cunning.
>>
>>86086376
Well he's cracking it. But it's knowing the fire comes from the gun, insects will cower from fire happening but can't predict it - and then empathize with a humans mindset to know how to prevent it. Yes it is aliens but in alien the point still stands that it hides, traps, doesnt always kill etc.
>>
>>86077217
The end was so boring and predictable

The Aliens SUCK

The crew are retards

Its a complete remake of the 1970 film which is VASTLY superior to this

The TWEEST ending was also shit and took any wind out of the movies sales

DURRRR IF YA WUNNA FIND OUT U BETTER WATCH ALIENS 2020 DURRRRRRR
>>
it's beyond boring
>>
i don't understand how they expect me to believe a crew that "professional" makes dumbass mistakes i'd expect out of a high school slasher flick.

>david cuts hair
>welp thats not suspicious or anything

i also find it hard to believe that the engineers are that dumb also.
>>
>You blow and ill do the fingering
Oh common you know exactly what you where doing you stupid fucking hack RIDLEY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>86086560
>Yes it is aliens but in alien the point still stands that it hides, traps, doesnt always kill etc.

Spiders, right now, probably within 50 feet of you at this given moment do all 3 of these things including using live bait, and I can't even recall the alien using "traps" or "doesn't always kill" in the first movie. Just hiding and murdering, black dude and whiny woman got offscreened, dallas was killed in the pipes after going after it, dude got chestbursted, and another guy was offscreened is all the deaths I remember from Alien, but it's been a while. Only trap I even remember if u can call it that is in Aliens when they open up part of the floor so the marines fall in.
>>
>>86086637
Not only that but it legitimately feels like 2 different movies between the first 2/3rds and the finale on the ship
>>
>>86083694
>:)
>calling others idiots

reddit pls
>>
>>86086733
There's the bluray scene where ripley does jumping jacks and the alien does them back.
>>
>>86086647
the stupid fucking movie asked more questions than it answered, what the mcfuck seriously it just got more and more confusing and the plot holes just got larger and larger.
>>
> see alien
> open door to alien
> slip on blood and shoot ceiling
> shut door on foot
> fail to leave ship
> shoot ship and blow up

Had me raging.
>>
>>86077481
/tv/ BTFO
>>
>>86086161
>Robots designed to impersonate humans act human!
o no

And I think you might have got confused by the flashback, David's hair never went blonde after being cut.
>>
>>86086965
>colonist that is not an operator doesn't act like an operator
t. Steven Seagal
>>
This movie feels like there's both a bad movie and a good movie in it. The result is a mixed bag of contradictions with some very nice scenes and some very stupid scenes.

Good score though, and although it was predictable, the ending made me at least wanna see this shit until its end. Looks like the sequel is canned though.
>>
>>86086161
Not needing to breathe is not the same thing as being unable to breathe, and I saw nothing that indicates androids don't have lungs. It's probably the only sensible place to put air cooling exhausts too.
>>
>>86086611
>1970

The first alien movie was filmed in 1979. You need to read a little more
>>
File: ssssssssssss.jpg (92KB, 1234x420px) Image search: [Google]
ssssssssssss.jpg
92KB, 1234x420px
>>86086988
>robots act human oh no!
You fucking donkey how does acting human reconcile the fact that you need air to blow into a flute for it to work and androids would not have lungs and it is even stated as such throughout the 2 movies.

>David's hair never went blonde after being cut.

I will admit however that I misremembered this
>>
>>86083188
That scene where they slipped on the blood could have had Benny Hill type music playing and it wouldn't have been out of place
>>
>>86084302
what the fuck

they are just bionegineered organisms. occams razor applies here.
>>
>>86087420
t. millennial

t. millennial

But seriously this movie fucking sucks
>>
>>86082335
Too hard to understand?
>>
>Rebooting a 2012 movie 5 years later
For what fucking purpose?

https://youtu.be/fmwyWerz5KI

I wish we got Blokmpt's version instead of this shite
>>
>>86077217
https://youtu.be/wK8kK4hY6PA
oh em gee like I dunno senpai how did this happen
>>
>>86088008
>mfw the reviews are literally deeper than the fucking movie itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPh_I8zDipg
>>
>>86077217

I liked it. Thought it was better than Prometheus by a long shot. The crew acting stupid was a staple of every damn Alien movie except the original. It was also pretty fucking brutal compared to Prometheus which was relatively tame compared to other Alien movies.
>>
>>86088138
>I liked it.

But do you consider it good? Or are you of the belief that you have a low bar for movies?
>>
>>86077217
>This is wheat
>I KNOW wheat
>>
>>86077481

yeah that entire chestburster scene wasn't fucking stupid and terrible, right

or the fact that the captain stuck his face in a fucking xenomorph egg because David told him so

or the fact that Chestbursters are superior to Xenos in every way

or the fact that Xenos now hatch in like in an hour

Ridley scott clearly doesn't even know his own fucking franchise anymore
>>
>>86088322

Good? Yeah I'd consider it a solid 7/10. It isn't without its problems but it's a very enjoyable movie. At least for me. I've always had a thing for the Alien franchise so I even liked Prometheus although I wouldn't have called Prometheus good.
>>
>>86088452
I am no fan of Prometheus but it is a very rare opinion you have there sir. I am inclined to believe your interest in the gore is the only thing tilting the scale towards covenant for you.
>>
>>86088322
Not him but I think it's a good movie.

If you like Alien but expect every sequel to be like it and knock points off if it's not you'll be disappointed. I think Prometheus was a bit of a mess of a movie, not horrible as it kept me watching with little nuggets of things I liked but not something I'd wanna rewatch.

Covenant was a better movie, it was an actual package that had a beggining, a middle and an end with a story to tell. It's a spinoff but works just fine as a stand alone. It's part of the Alien universe, just look at it that way. Like how you get different takes on Superman in comics depending on who writes him.
>>
so why didn't they wear any fucking helmets?
>>
>>86088543
Bruh... the end of covenant was literally the entirety of Alien in fastforward complete with blasting the xeno out of an airlock.
>>
It tried to be a sequel to prometheus and also prequel to the original alien movies. It failed at both.
>>
>>86077217
>The cgi was bad
>There were too many crew members who died before you could care about them
>All of them were idiots
>David's creator motivation shit felt hamfisted
>Chestburster comes out as a fully formed alien so it can do the loony toons frog bit with David
>side plot of the trailer park boys guy trying to fly near the storm wasn't nearly as exciting or suspenseful as they tried to pretend it >
>Pointless cgi fight scenes against the alien on a cgi landing ship smashing into cgi pillars
>Shower sex scene looked like it was out of a bad 80s slasher
>>
>>86088821
>mfw all the character development was literally cut from the movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3cM3HnjisE
Instead we start with fucking David and Weyland
>>
>>86087441
>no lugns
They never say that.
The androids dont need to breathe, yes. But they still need to talk.
>>
1. The crew was fucking incompetent and insufferable.
- Wear a goddamn spacesuit already you idiots.
- People afraid of a little blood should not be allowed to leave earth
- Don't blindly follow a stranger until you've established what's going on
- After you've reached some semblance of defensible positions, actually SCOUT around and SECURE your position. Everyone who reached the city and got murdered by albino deserved to die. It's like everyone suddenly forgot there was at least still one alien out there.
- don't look in the fucking egg you idiot
- Wear a goddamn spacesuit already you idiots.

2. Movie changes from scifi to straight up horror in the third act. Which wouldn't be bad if it did either aspect well.
>>
>>86077217
The crew was too idiotic, even for Alien standards.
>>
File: Hello My Honey.jpg (20KB, 444x374px) Image search: [Google]
Hello My Honey.jpg
20KB, 444x374px
>>86088821
>>Chestburster comes out as a fully formed alien so it can do the loony toons frog bit with David

The only fully formed alien chestburster was in Mel Brook's Spaceballs. Is Ridley so senile he forgot how the alien works and he misremembered this as his own story?
>>
>>86077217
It has bad pacing, bad characters and most of dialogue is pretty bad.

The wheat scene, for example.

>This is wheat.
>What are the chances of wheat growing on non-human planet?
>None
>Uh ok.

It's like characters don't even care what is happening around them. Similar thing when they are in the city. They discover ancient alien civilization but they act like it's a daily part of their lives.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-08-06-14h06m52s398.jpg (188KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-08-06-14h06m52s398.jpg
188KB, 1920x800px
I liked it. David is an extraordinary character.
>>
>>86084302
>david being the creator of the xeno works better with the theory that incorporates the mural

Yes he created them after the picture of them the engineers had before they existed. Makes sense.

> posits the xeno as an otherdimensional eldritch

Kill yourself.

> seeks to manifest phenotypically in the 3d universe

Double barrels.
>>
Covenant >>>>>> Prometheus
This is 100% correct and no one can prove otherwise.

The only thing that really triggered me in Covenant is that the Engineers are dumb and useless, just a fodder placeholder race meant to die without any meaning.
>>
>>86077217
last half is your average hollywood actioner, but first half is a surprisingly decent sci fi flick.

it deserved much better
>>
File: IMG_3184.jpg (48KB, 320x593px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3184.jpg
48KB, 320x593px
>>86077481
>second in command
let's not land here, this seems to perfect to be coincidence in finding a perfect planet that isn't he one we are long for
>captain (I hate this cunt)
let's land here and have some faith!!

>biology lady
let's split up
>captain
okay, I'm a good little cuck

>metalhead cunt
oooh wuts this, let me smash my nose right up against it, woops am dying guys.

>pilot
I'll run in as fast as I can and shoot the alien, heh heh I'm so smart #gurlpower

*slips, breaks ankle, shoots barrel, lol sorry guys I blew the ship up lolz*

>Walter
Hmm this guy is clearly insane, I can kill him and save everyone. It's my duty. Ooh better listen to this dialogue because he has no malicious intent at all.

>dyke bitch who wants a fucking cabin
let me just staple up your face and not even acknowledge you are the upgraded model that can heal, heh heh, Walter is so cool man, he will help me build cabin.

Walter will u help build cabin

>walter
r u stupid? i want to make alien babies with u and absolutely fuck any continuity between this and the alien series!

FLYING JARS OF ALIEN GOO HEH HEH, WTF AM I DOING. IDK BETTER REMOVE THESE BROKEN ANAL BEADS FROM MY MOUTH.
>>
File: Comfy_guy.jpg (53KB, 197x190px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy_guy.jpg
53KB, 197x190px
Xeno sitcom when?
>>
How the fuck is a Face-hugger better than the spores? All you have to do is be in the vicinity of those things and your body will absorb that shit, thus gestating the Neomorph. And how is a Xenomorph superior to the Neomorph? The Neo is more feral, but it doesn't seem to be any less crafty than a Xeno.
>>
>>86091941
They'll probably retcon the neos in the next movie saying that xenos have more potential/are more durable/have a better growth/are the only ones that can become queens/similar shit.

Anyway David didn't have many years to do his experiments, maybe he is just a bad scientist and the eggs aren't actually better than the spores.
>>
I just remembered that Walter didn't have red blood making even more obvious that David wasn't him
>>
File: 1427741072460.jpg (70KB, 950x1144px) Image search: [Google]
1427741072460.jpg
70KB, 950x1144px
>>86091823

>...and your OTHER facehugger
>>
>>86084302
He did not create it, idiot. He only manipulated black goo and it's mutants.

Xenomorph is almost same as neomorph.
>>
>>86077217
>People at the corporation didnt want me to be captain
>Is captain anyways

How?
>>
>>86091734
I agree, kek.
>>
>>86091941
The bioweapon is too random, not only varying depending on the species infected, but also either depending on the tissue they attack or some other randomiser (vomit up long smooth alien, black spiny alien out the back, and presumably ingesting it will do to you what happened to the male Doctor in Prometheus).

Also the neomorphs don't always have acid blood, or if they do then it's a lot weaker than the Xenos, as the blood of the neo that the Captain killed didn't go through the stone floor, but the Xeno blood did. But then Walter's hand appeared to melt a bit when he stuck it in the neo mouth.

>>86092126
>queens
Not canon.
>>
Fassbender was the only redeemable part of it. His performance deserved a better script
>>
>>86092831
The captain burned to death in the cryochamber, don't play on your phone when watching movies or you'll miss stuff.
>>
No environmental suits was stupid. Go to an unexplored planet and expect it to be perfectly breathable with no pathogens in the air? They didn't even mention that the air was safe to breath.
>>
>>86077217
I was just mad because it was a shitty epilogue to the sequel of Prometheus we didn't get.
>>
>>86083188
>>first-person xeno perspective

This is honestly what killed the movie for me. Fuck, that shit is cheesy, I can't believe they gave it the go ahead.
>>
>>86093567
>No environmental suits was stupid
Their mission didn't require them, so they didn't have enough. 2 space suits for maintenance on the ship was all we saw.

>They didn't even mention that the air was safe to breath
They worked it out from the environmental composition that was read out before they opened the external doors on the lander. The lander also didn't have an airlock so they couldn't have gone at all if the environment wasn't safe as it would have been contaminated, and would have contaminated the ship when they returned.

>no pathogens in the air
This isn't Star Trek, they can't detect lifeforms on the planet from orbit or none of these movies would have happened.
>>
>>86083343
He's not? He just used selective breeding to create a new Xeno.

What was stupid was that he parked the ship like 10 miles away from the city for no reason.
>>
>>86093773
>he parked the ship like 10 miles away from the city for no reason
He needed to convince Dr. Shaw of his lie that that the bioweapon deployed accidentally and crashed the ship long enough to get her transformed into an alien factory, and anyone else that may show up later.
>>
>>86084302
Are you retarded? Where exactly are you coming up with any of this?

The Xeno's are just a fucking biproduct of the bio-chemical weapons the Engineers were experimenting with.

The seed planet solely so they could have testing grounds to test shit on.
>>
>>86093893
How did he know she was coming though?
>>
>>86077217
Who saw the twist coming at the end? I was so shocked. Really pickled my rick. Bravo Ridley.
>>
>>86093456
I was talking about the fucking spic, well in any case you should know who im talking about or did you miss the dialogue?
>>
Prometheus and Alien: Covenant are huge pleb filters.
>>
>>86093967
How did who know that who (female) was coming?

>>86094068
Agreed, I'm very mad that /tv/ memed me into not seeing Prometheus at the cinema.
>>
how did dr. shaw die again?
she gave david a new body and then let him rape her or some shit?

why is everybody a dumbass here
WHY ARE THE FUCKING ENGINEERS LITERALLY USELESS
HOW DID DAVID SOMEHOW WIPE THEM ALL OUT
>>
>>86084503
>rt score of 70%
>audience score of 59% (more than half)
>>
>>86092251
Neither had red blood though?

You were supposed to catch it from the fact that Walter had self healing capabilities, and David did not.
>>
>>86077217
it's because humans have always won in the past
>>
>>86094134
They weren't Engineers. They were another planet seeded by Engineers.

That's why they lacked the pure skin, matching or near matching bodies and facial structure, and different colored eyes that weren't entirely black.

Also the fact that they were a primitive society that seemed to lack any form of real technology save for the docking area that we can assume the Engineers left there for whatever the fuck reason.

tldr; it was just another seeded planet (same planet from the beginning of the first movie btw) that David wanted to fuck around with as he sees himself as something that has transcended mortality and is by definition a god.
>>
>>86094315
Disagreed, I think that's what Engineers really look like, but the military guys Engineered themselves better (taller, stronger, more uniform appearance) to better survive off-planet.

>Also the fact that they were a primitive society
Disagree again, carving a mountain range into a city would be an insane amount of work and couldn't be accomplished in time for anyone to live in them without technological assistance.

>that seemed to lack any form of real technology
We only saw inside what appeared to be a temple, it makes sense that monks don't have computers
>>
I just can't believe we're still doing the "slowly look into xeno egg" bit this many years later.

I wasn't the only one in the theatre who had to let out a laugh at that shit. Dude a couple rows back couldn't help but groan "come the fuck on".

These movies are becoming parodies of themselves.
>>
>>86094543
Everything you said is wrong though.
>>
>>86094859
>Why don't the characters remember the movies I saw?
Sad, but not surprising.

>>86094922
Prove it. Nothing either of us said appears in the movie so it's all just guesswork.
>>
>>86091687

http://www.strawpoll.me/13595010
>>
>>86095001
Because the planet from the second movie is the same fucking planet that was shown at the beginning of the first movie.

They even did the same fucking frame by frame flying over the water scene in both films. Once as the intro to the first movie, and again when the scouting ship was entering the planet in the second movie.

The first movie showed Engineers already having existed and then flying off leaving the one behind to seed the planet.

There is literally nothing in your "theory" that is true, but ignores the facts that we know.
>>
>>86094315
good point. wonder what happened to the engineers then as a whole.
>>
>>86082335
>robot is telling me it's fine
Better than "COOCHY COOCHY COO!" from Prometheus.
>>
>>86094188
You're right that didn't have had blood, i remembered it wrong.
But it was pretty obvious that it was going to happen from the very beginning
>>
>>86095997
>had
red*
>>
>>86093389
>queens
>Not canon.
Until they decide they are canon in a later movie
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.