[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>1994 flick >'Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Basket case.jpg (20KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Basket case.jpg
20KB, 500x375px
>1994 flick
>'Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me' starts playing
>>
Amazing thread.
>>
>>86076605
For some reason I couldn't get the rhythm right in my head. I kept singing it like the getto boys' my minds playing tricks on.
>>
File: blink182.jpg (49KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
blink182.jpg
49KB, 640x512px
>>86076605
>2004 flick
>'I guess this is growing up' starts playing
>>
>>86076605
Green Day was good until Warning. I think people were hoping that Insomniac would be more like Dookie when it came out. That's why it got bad ratings, but it was truer to Kerplunk, which was their previous album to dookie. Then they released Nimrod, and that did well, Meanwhile Billie Joe did side projects like Rancid. (which was rather meh) Nimrod was more like Dookie though, which was what the music press wanted. After that they did some rehash and live albums (tune in tokyo). They were clearly running out of ideas. Then they went full atomic bomb on their image and released Warning, which was completely divested from the rest of their work, and seemed to miss the point of why people liked Green Day in the first place. This would be their first truly awful album, and every subsequent album from that point on would suck. TL;DR Green day sucks.
>>
>tfw bought the cassette and masturbations lost its fun
>>
I can't come up with one time this song was ever used in a movie
>>
>>86076827
Where do you rank American Idiot?
>>
>>86076858
pretty sure it's in at least one American Pie movie
>>
>>86076858
Basket Case is an interesting song. The sound was ahead of it's time and was being used in 00s flicks, not 90s flicks
>>
>>86076879
I honestly don't. If Dookie had a popish bent, which it certainly did, it was at least still alternative, or even light-punk in it's direction and feel. American Idiot was a pop-album. This is the sort of thing that's cut by a bunch of execs who think it will appeal to a larger audience. This was someone in an office saying, "Let's make this mainstream!" and what we got was pop-music. I actually have nothing bad to say about holiday, because it's actually a fun track, but that's where my praise ends. It's just "fun", it's not tonally equivalent to any of their early work, it lacks the composition that would bring it back in line with anything they did prior to Warning, and that's where it fails.
>>
>>86076911
Scumbag was in American Pie 2, but that's it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.