[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Syfy show >based on a creepypasta >literally who cast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Channel-Zero-Syfy-Serie.jpg (72KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
Channel-Zero-Syfy-Serie.jpg
72KB, 700x400px
>Syfy show
>based on a creepypasta
>literally who cast
>no advertising
>still one of the best horror shows in a while
What went right?
>>
>>86067392
>>still one of the best horror shows in a while
That's where you lost me
>>
>>86067392
How many times are you going to make this exact same thread? It'll get a few replies and be pruned like fucking always
>>
>>86067926
Actually not that guy. Just remembered I saw a teaser for it once on Syfy and thought nothing of it until I saw a second season was greenlit. Saw it was just 6 episodes so I gave it a watch.
>>
season 2 when
>>
>>86068139
October. Based on No End House this time around.
>>
>>86068114
I spared myself the anguish of wasting time on crap and read the synopsis for each ep and can say it sounded like shit. Sucks to be you champ
>>
I know someone who worked on this show, whenever I see it posted on /tv/ I feel second hand pride.
>>
>>86067392
It was solid but not amazing.

The MC was a little too "quirky" to me(which is no surprise since this had the touch of max landis) but overall cast was okay.
>>
>>86068378
The writing felt pretty weak but the cinematography was a lot better than it should have been for a show like this.
>>
>>86067392
It's garbage mate, watched a few of them then deleted the rest.
Waste of disk space tier stuff.
>>
>>86067392
It was good. The directing was top notch.
I thought the "tooth kid" looked fucking retarded though, and it completely took me out of it. I hope season 2 is good.
>>
I like that it seems to basically be an excuse for indie horror directors to do miniseries'
>>
>>86067829
Is it shite?
>>
>>86067392
It could be the best show ever, but I'm not going to watch it because exploiting someone else's work is scummy and lazy
>>
>>86067392
Holy shit I completely forgot about this show. I watched the first episode and loved it. Thanks, OP. I'm gonna go download it now.
>>
>>86067392

Should of done an adaptation of a new creepy pasta per episode. It ran out of steam after a couple episodes
>>
>>86068297

You shouldn't
>>
>>86069907
Get ready for suspense and interesting shots that leads absolutely no where.
>>
>>86070358
>suspense and interesting shots
More than can be said for 99% of modern horror media
>>
File: fedora-of-enlightenment.jpg (36KB, 500x557px) Image search: [Google]
fedora-of-enlightenment.jpg
36KB, 500x557px
>>86069613
>>
>>86067392
bump
>>
>>86067392
im glad to see an attempt at actual discussion on this board. the show has now waifus, quoatable lines, or controversy, so i havent seen any thread about it till this one.

i'll say that the show was great, but that feels like too generic of a description. reading the plot like >>86068203 did is damaging to its quality. it has amazing cinematography. seriously. im not a pompous film buff, but almost every scene is framed from around a corner, giving it an air of voyeurism. i even started to notice when long single takes were used. its also a pretty simple plot, but like the movie it comes at night, its going in blind and watching actors earn their pay is what sells you on it. their motivations seem to all make sense, but im still kinda flustered with how they handled and reacted to a particular event like halfway through. the show also has some decent trope subversion. no jumpscares, but there is the occasional jumpcut to something random to keep you o your toes the first one happens before the title card of the first fucking episode and thats when i got hooked there are some other good examples of horror imagery besides the tooth monster. i dont wanna spoil too much, but my favorite is the puppet strings leading infinitely into the sky i think it was in a trailer, but you should be a responsable person and avoid trailers in most cases anyway.

>>86069430
>>86069613
>>86070145
the idea of supporting indie horror is great, and i think they did all they could with the candle cove source material, considering everything in the orignal was covered in the first episode at the dinner scene. i never bothered to check if th original author was compensated, but his name was in the credits, so i would hope so. next season is another pasta i think, and its been renewed for season 3 and 4 already. its a good time to be a horror fan since the dog days of paranormal activity and found footage are coming to an end.
>>
>>86069496
Kinda
>>
I was surprised at how good this was as well. Wasn't particularly thrilled that it was a Syfy show since most are pretty terrible, but this one was really good. Also a decent number of episodes, and at the same time there weren't shitty filler episodes, the pacing felt just right.

>>86068197
Brief summary of No End House?
>>
>>86075099
guy goes to a house with a lot of dimension-bending and spooky numbered floors that promises whoever reaches the top floor receives a hot $100

in the end he returns home and sees that his front door is the next number in line
>>
>>86073948
Hmmmmm it's very mediocre at best. But, I won't try to take away your affection for it.
The actors aren't relatable, likable or believable.

Sure you aren't paid to have this opinion?
>>
>>86073948
>i never bothered to check if th original author was compensated
At least for season 2, the author of NoEnd House said that he was glad to have worked with them on it, so I imagine the same went for Season 1.
>>
>>86075511
That money out of nowhere would sure be hard to enjoy yeap.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.