[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did this show manage to do strong women without making it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: the_sopranos.rosalie_aprile.jpg (15KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
the_sopranos.rosalie_aprile.jpg
15KB, 240x320px
How did this show manage to do strong women without making it annoying or forced in any way? Was it a lack of SJW interference like we have today?
>>
>>86066454
they were all happy, traditional housewives
>>
>>86066454
Good script. No pandering.
>>
>>86066516
None of them were happy? What are you talking about?

Carmela was probably most happy and she wanted a divorce.
>>
i was about to bring up janice but i suppose she wasnt really a strong women
>>
>>86066454
You were a kid back then and you weren't radicalized by being a virgin for so long.
>>
>>86067286
This. Every person (not just in the show) wants to outwardly project strength, contentment and confidence. What Chase did well was slicing through that veneer and reveling the bazaar of neuroticisms every character hid. Everyone was a normie and everyone is fucked up.
>>
Because they are somewhat realistic.
Scully and Ripley are great female heroes because they are somewhat believable. Scully finds believable ways to be badass, Carmella is a strong woman and it's believable. Usually writers overcompensate with strong female characters, and it just ends up feeling silly.
>>
>>86066454
I liked Roe very much--and she always had terrific lines.

>"Well that's a fascinating psychological nugget"
>>
I want to bang her so badly. Top tier milf.
>>
She wanted the alpha's d so bad, it's tough being the former wife of the top man in that stratified hierarchy, having to deal with Carm who now outranked her, being relegated to the status of observer of the game she once played.
>>
>>86067652
Her and Carmela. They were sexy af.
>>
>>86066454
it was honest about women being dumb cunts who think they are strong but in reality they are just cunts who are of any value because of the man who fucks them.
>>
File: 1482030653294.png (67KB, 155x187px) Image search: [Google]
1482030653294.png
67KB, 155x187px
Chase is a genius. He knew how to write them, how to portray mobster wives.

He didn't need to pander or force them to show how independent they are, because they weren't. They lead an unhappy marriage that is compensated with money for a lifetime.

Roe was the smartest wife, she knew deep down her heart she needed to catch a big fish even after Jackie died.
>>
Which Sopranos character best fits the description "intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor"
>>
>>86069666
Ralph
>>
>>86066454

Because they were actual deep, complex characters with their own relatable sins and flaws, and not one-sided YAS KWEEN stereotypes we see nowadays. Carmela was 1000000x better than even Skylar because she could maintain being the motherly voice of reason yet still allow her cognitive dissonance to bubble up. Skylar was just annoying and nagging and we only saw her "give in" once or twice.
>>
>>86070250
Also, Skyler was very inconsistent across the whole series. Possibly due to the writers changing her based on fans' complaints.
>>
File: episode-17-04.jpg (85KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
episode-17-04.jpg
85KB, 853x480px
>>86069204
>>86067589
>>86066454

>not picking the cutest wife

PLEBS
>>
>>86070692
yes--though I'll never know what she saw in fucking Big Pussy
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.